ORAS UU A Song of Fire and Ice and Electricity(Get ZzZonked)

Lucipurrr

Banned deucer.
Hello, Community! Many of you UU players already know me as a somewhat decent player with a lot of unique and underrated sets. Well, I'm here to present you with my FIRST RMT. After rating other peoples teams for ages, I decided it was time to throw myself out here!

First off, I would like to thank NV for inspiring the construction of this team with his Weekly UU projects. This weeks assignment was to find the PERFECT UU Partner for Meloetta, which lead me to the start of my Journey. I started with Meloetta and Rotom-H, since the project only allows us to put the pokemon in a Two mon Core. I instantly knew that Mamoswine would be dropping within hours, along with Mandibuzz, and the idea for a very fluid and powerful team flew into my mind!

The Team's hype Theme song

The Team Building Process
Needed to use Meloetta+Other Mon, Settled for Meloetta+Rotom
+

Knew Mamo would be dropping, love Mamo and Mamo compliments that two mon core nicely
+
+

Didn't want Mamo to be my teams Rock/Hazard setter, Decided to add Roserade to add some Fairy hate with Toxic Spikes
+
+
+

Added Mandibuzz for Taunt+Defog+Token Bird Mon
+
+
+
+

Finally added Vaporeon for Wish+Haze+Scald spam.
+
+
+
+
+

The Team, The Roles, The Legends

Meloetta @ Assault Vest
Ability: Serene Grace
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 56 Atk / 252 SpA / 200 Spe
Naive Nature
- Relic Song
- Close Combat
- Psychic
- Energy Ball

Assault Vest Meloetta is a very flexible and unique mon. Her outstanding Sp.Bulk allows her to take hits, while dealing out massive late game damage with the lovely help of STAB Bonus and a High Sp.Atk. My focus with this set was to aim for those Late game survivors, mons like Nido, Suicune, Crobat, ect. She is an unexpected late game threat and her anti meta set here can catch a lot of switch ins, giving her the power to clean up once she's set her mark.
Calcs
252 SpA Meloetta Psychic vs. 248 HP / 4 SpD Crobat: 350-414 (93.8 - 110.9%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO
252 SpA Meloetta Energy Ball vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Suicune: 172-204 (42.5 - 50.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Meloetta Psychic vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Nidoking: 410-486 (135.3 - 160.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
-1 56 Atk Meloetta-P Close Combat vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Krookodile: 186-222 (47.3 - 56.4%) -- 25% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Rotom-Heat @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Overheat
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split
A Very VERY Typical Rotom-H Set, But what can I Say? It does wonders to support this team and Meloetta, with Will-o-Wisp dropping enemy Atk and generally dampening their Team's Health over time. Volt Turn allows him to hit for great damage, then swap into Meloetta Or Mamo for a quick kill. His Typing also keeps the team safe from fire spam and deadly swarms of Birds.

Mamoswine @ Life Orb
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Icicle Spear
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Knock Off
The Soon to be King of UU( not to be confused with King UU). Mamoswine is one of my FAVORITE pokemon and I am happy to honor him into UU with his first appearance on an ORAS UU RMT! Mamo's great speed, Thick fat Sustainability, Priority, and outrageous Stab makes him one of the BEST possible damage dealers in UU. Very little pokemon in the tier are able to take a Knock off, it'll almost always deal near 50% with it's first hit, Ice Shard is usually enough to finish off the mon, and if Ice Shard can't do it, then EQ most likely will. I don't honestly think there's a need to provide damage calcs, Everyone is aware of how devastating Mamoswine is as a Physical attacker in the current(CURRENT) UU meta.

Roserade @ Life Orb
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fire]
Another basic set for Roserade. Toxic Spikes provides some hazard/status support and Sludge Bomb stab helps eliminate the rampaging fairies(mainly florges) in the UU meta. Giga Drain+Life Orb is a nice combination, allowing her to get some nice Hp Drain of Bulky waters and recover some of the lost Life Orb Damage

Mandibuzz @ Leftovers
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 252 Def / 252 Spe
Calm Nature
- Defog
- Foul Play
- Taunt
- Roost
Mandibuzz is an outstanding UU mon. It's deadly defenses and Hazard removal+Taunt make him a perfect bird for any team that needs a token bird mon or a Taunter/Defogger. I wasn't 100% Sure what to do with the EVs, so I went full speed to ensure my taunts/Defogs, and Max Def to keep this bird from getting caught in the Hp Danger zone, which Roost also helps prevent

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Wish
- Protect
- Haze
The most basic of Basic Bulky water mons in UU. Vaporeon provides my team with scald immunity while also handing out free wishes and Stat Change removal, helping her deal with any set up that might occur. Vaporeon also does an amazing job at staying alive, being able to spam protect+wish with the help of leftovers.

That's it for the team break down. I believe this team has enough potential and power to peak very high on the ladder, and it doesn't have any major weakness that other mons don't cover in some sort of way. The only major threat I can see are faster teams, Mons like NidoKing and Feraligatr and MegaAero Ripping through most teams, but I tried to cover those variables as MUCH as possible.

I would also like to thank NV, waivv , King UU CoolStoryBrobat Mazz, YABO DMT , and Arifeen. All of you ( But Mazz, I only mentioned Mazz cause he's the realist) have helped me a lot through my career in UU, and Have really driven me to kept going and improving.

Thank you everyone who read, and thank you everyone who comments and helped, Please be brutally honest with the rating. Good luck, and like always, Have Fun CommUUnity

Importable ALSO I did NOT think I would have to say this, but if you use this team for whatever reason, PLEASE Give me credit. I've been hearing that people are laddering with this team and claiming it as their own. I don't mind if you use it, but I don't appreciate anyone claiming they came up with the sets/team.
Meloetta @ Assault Vest
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 56 Atk / 252 SpA / 200 Spe
Naive Nature
- Relic Song
- Close Combat
- Psychic
- Energy Ball

Rotom-Heat @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Overheat
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Mamoswine @ Life Orb
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Icicle Spear
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Knock Off

Roserade @ Life Orb
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Mandibuzz @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 Def / 252 Spe
Calm Nature
- Defog
- Foul Play
- Taunt
- Roost

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Wish
- Protect
- Haze

Last edited:
Nice team! couple of things i'd do include:

252+ Atk Mamoswine Icicle Spear (3 hits) vs. 252 HP / 232 Def Florges: 138-165 (38.3 - 45.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Mamoswine Icicle Crash vs. 252 HP / 232 Def Florges: 157-186 (43.6 - 51.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

Crash gives you more damage sometimes and gives you 30% chance to flinch if you're gonna run quicker mamo. I've been running avalanche myself because i'm a muthafukin g.

baton pass or heal bell over haze on vape, you're usually going to beat out cune anyway and it'll give you a nice volt turn core with rotom heat etc

on mandi

255 / Slurpuff / 72 / +Spe / 208 / 0
249 / Absol, Beedrill / 75 / Neutral / 252 / 0
243 / Suicune / 85 / Neutral / 148 / 0
242 / Tentacruel / 100 / Neutral / 24 / 0

i'd say those are the numbers around the area that you need to or should outspeed, everything above isn't very relevant

219 / Swampert / 60 / Neutral / 252 / 0

is also not a bad benchmark i guess

Nickname (Mandibuzz) (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 64 SpD / 192 Spe
Calm Nature
- Roost
- Defog
- Whirlwind
- Foul Play

spdef mandi is cool, this is one i've been using

nv

The Lost Age
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Nice team! couple of things i'd do include:

252+ Atk Mamoswine Icicle Spear (3 hits) vs. 252 HP / 232 Def Florges: 138-165 (38.3 - 45.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Mamoswine Icicle Crash vs. 252 HP / 232 Def Florges: 157-186 (43.6 - 51.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

Crash gives you more damage sometimes and gives you 30% chance to flinch if you're gonna run quicker mamo. I've been running avalanche myself because i'm a muthafukin g.

baton pass or heal bell over haze on vape, you're usually going to beat out cune anyway and it'll give you a nice volt turn core with rotom heat etc

on mandi

255 / Slurpuff / 72 / +Spe / 208 / 0
249 / Absol, Beedrill / 75 / Neutral / 252 / 0
243 / Suicune / 85 / Neutral / 148 / 0
242 / Tentacruel / 100 / Neutral / 24 / 0

i'd say those are the numbers around the area that you need to or should outspeed, everything above isn't very relevant

219 / Swampert / 60 / Neutral / 252 / 0

is also not a bad benchmark i guess

Nickname (Mandibuzz) (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 64 SpD / 192 Spe
Calm Nature
- Roost
- Defog
- Whirlwind
- Foul Play

spdef mandi is cool, this is one i've been using
Ok initial changes for the team...I suggest Mandibuzz run 44 Speed EVs to outspeed at least Crocune although Fast Mandi like waivv suggested is nice for those threats, at the moment I say 44 EVs in speed is necessary (and waivv provides a good spread tbh). I second the motion of Baton Pass > Haze to give VoltPass which can allow you to bring in Meloetta and Mamoswine freely to fire off powerful attacks. Also seconding Crash > Spear.

Also I see a bit of weakness to Rotom-H and Fire-types in general bar Vaporeon so may I suggest Stone Edge > Knock Off on Mamoswine? I understand you have no Knock Off support otherwise, but maybe fit it on Mandibuzz...if not, I get it, lol.

Other than that, solid looking team, :)

Last edited:

Dad's Dad

Banned deucer.
mandibuzz and mamoswine just dropped maybe last night at the earliest how could you have tested this team

Lucipurrr

Banned deucer.
mandibuzz and mamoswine just dropped maybe last night at the earliest how could you have tested this team
I was doing a lot of testing on paper, and I've been using it all morning. It's doing very well. I'm going to ladder with it for the next few hours and probably post a few replays.

This looks like a really nice team (btw thanks for the suggestions on mine) but your team dosent really like mega sceptile + entei. So be careful (I kinda wana see my team face off aginst your team. Wonder how that would go lol) So if you see those two be careful, as rotom Heat is the only one who can deal with both of them if mamoswine goes down.
252+ Atk choice band entei vs. 0 HP / 4 Def thick fat mamoswine: 365-420 (99.1-116.9%) 93.8% chance to OHKO
And if sacred fire gets a burn its OHKO.
Also u-turn mega beedrill might be a pain, as ice shard just barely misses the OHKO. (Also im sorry any experienced team raters if I suck at rating, but I've posted a lot of teams but no rated to many. If I suck, just tell me to stop rating)

These reccomenations are completely subjective, so yeah

I'd reccomend Toxic > Taunt on Mandibuzz, this will let you make your opponents cry because you'll stall them out, unless of course they're a Florges or something

Secondly I have to reccomend Resto Chesto Rotom-Heat. The rest set is superior for recovery reasons, and since Rotom-Heat deals enough damage as it is, Pain Split isn't resll needed, at least in my opinion.

Lucipurrr

Banned deucer.
These reccomenations are completely subjective, so yeah

I'd reccomend Toxic > Taunt on Mandibuzz, this will let you make your opponents cry because you'll stall them out, unless of course they're a Florges or something

Secondly I have to reccomend Resto Chesto Rotom-Heat. The rest set is superior for recovery reasons, and since Rotom-Heat deals enough damage as it is, Pain Split isn't resll needed, at least in my opinion.
Aside from that, overall thoughts on the rest of the team?

Lucipurrr

Banned deucer.
Mandibuzz is missing 4 EVs. This can be crucial so I suggest you put it in HP.
The 4 extra EVs are never crucial.
Also I ended up switching to this after playing around for a few hours.

Mandibuzz @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 Def / 64 SpD / 192 Spe
Calm Nature
- Defog
- Foul Play
- Taunt/Toxic
- Whirlwind

Lucipurrr

Banned deucer.
Nice team, I see that meoletta set everywhere on the forums.
How do you see it everywhere? I specifically made it to deal with the UU Meta...So Unless you're looking at my post in UU Meta threads where I share and discuss this set, you shouldn't be seeing it anywhere else or posted by anyone but me.

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
The 4 extra EVs are never crucial.
Also I ended up switching to this after playing around for a few hours.

Mandibuzz @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 Def / 64 SpD / 192 Spe
Calm Nature
- Defog
- Foul Play
- Taunt/Toxic
- Whirlwind
A spread of 156+ defense, 266 special defense and 192 speed hits the same speed and special defense while giving you 4 extra points in defense. Small, but just a more optimized spread.

Lucipurrr

Banned deucer.
A spread of 156+ defense, 266 special defense and 192 speed hits the same speed and special defense while giving you 4 extra points in defense. Small, but just a more optimized spread.
I'll try that out, Thanks!

You can't have more than 252 EVs in one Stat :P
I think I know what he's getting at though, and I think he messed up with the 266, but I'll drop 192 in speed and 167 and the left in Sp.def and see how that works

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Yeah sorry drop that to whatever was left, I typed that on mobile but tested on PS and it worked

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)