NOC Fallout New Vegas NOC [GAME OVER - Wastelanders Win]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I'm your new moi this game. I am just now getting up and i have to go to work shortly, but I'll be around later today.

If someone could summarize the game so far for me, it would help a lot.

It would also be helpful if someone could summarize roughly what the site meta is overall on this sight. I'm not new to this game, but I have a very specific set of things I look for in posts and I'd like to have a basic idea of how those would transfer over to here.

I'd like to give credit to my tablet for somehow auto correcting site to sight.

Also, is there an ISO feature on this forum? It helps at times to be able to see only one person's posts in a thread.

Am i the only one who finds jalmont's claim implausible? I mean it makes sense for someone to try to lure people with a false no lynch, but there are two things that are bothering me:
1) There are so many new people to NOC in this game, who might have seen no lynch as a legit strategy and would just have followed it. That wouldn't prove they are mafia making his lure pointless.
2) The more experienced players wouldn't just believe in a no lynch (let alone the fact that they would find it suspicious; maybe jalmont underestimated them), again making his lure totally pointless.

It just doesn't feel like a lure to me. Come on. what am i missing?

No Haunted Diamond, you're not alone in thinking that it's implausible. I'm totally with you. It feels like a weird tactic to do and a weird thing to come out and admit to with no pressure. I think some people are giving him the benefit of the doubt because of how weird it is to come out and say it. And while they also see it as suspicious they don't see it as being lynch worthy right now. But they're keeping an eye on him.

At least how I read that.

The whole moi switch really throws me off because now I don't really know what to think about moi's dialogue now. I have some guesses as to some things but I feel it best for it to play out right now and see how Amianki acts.

Ah yes, I think there is something like this ISO you speak of in the search forum function.

Game recap from my perspective:
Day 1 started, nobody knew what to do so we started troll lynching people. Moi baited me into a lynch then von threw a sarcastic comment at moi then moi kinda ignored it and people started to press moi more about it then moi went BWOT (Big Wall of Texts) about it and people pressed moi for going BWOT about it and somewhere in the middle we had some roundabout discussions about strategy and styles and stuffs and jalmont tried to backpedal his no lynch suggestion and some people found it odd. Moi realized he could play mario cart instead of this and subbed you into and now we are back to square one.
All this happen as Celever sit motionlessly in the corner.

Welcome to the circus, tell me what you think about moi.

Sorry I tried to reread the moi/von conversation, but then I got bored because I don't think anything they were talking about was particular important. But moi did decide to sub out so I'm thinking that the likelihood of the two bussing each other is probably fairly low (it's a lot easier to bus on d1 when there's no available info really).

I think spiffy could be mafia. but that's not really something to pursue for now

Celever and sunny seem like good votes right now, but at this point I don't really want to lynch celever. the near universal support for a lynch on him suggests to me that there's definitely some mafia behind that and I get the sense that he'd be a really easy lynch to push for.

Lynch Cancerous - i feel like your posts have been attempts at being village (i.e. posts that read as an attempt to say village things) when in reality they don't add anything to what we already know. i'm not a fan of recap posts to be honest because even though it looks nice, it doesn't tell me anything of what cancerous thinks about what's going on right now

Celever said:
LMAO I wish you weren't acting like town so that we could lynch you for stupidity.
Way to try and dismiss me catching you perform a common mafia tactic by calling it stupid. Nice try. Also, this has been the longest 2-3 hours of my life.

I am puzzled why Jalmont's naysayers aren't taking initiative. You don't need the confirmation of an experienced player to vote for someone. If you really think the whole no lynch fiasco was so scummy then vote for him. I don't think it's something that should be glossed over and forgotten about, just that I don't see mafia Jalmont doing something like that.

Jalmont said:
I think spiffy could be mafia. but that's not really something to pursue for now
Care to elaborate?

I do agree 100% with Jalmont's view of Cancerous. Summaries of the game provide a wall of text to make it look like someone is contributing, but actually say nothing about the player's thoughts. I know the new sub asked someone to summarize it and you jumping at that opportunity makes me think that you want to seem helpful and welcoming, which is something I would expect a mafia to do. This along with the fact that you haven't given insight to the discussion in awhile makes me think you're scum!!!

Unvote Celever (I think enough people are voting him for now and I want more pressure on Cancerous)
Vote Cancerous

Vote: ButteredToast

I reached the end of page 4 right now and this slot is really standing out as scummy compared to the rest of the player list.

VonFiedler, Spiffy, and Cancerous are also scumreads, but they're a lot weaker.

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
Hi :s
Serious Bananas said:
Effort is hard. I was gonna post last night but I didn't feel like reading all of the walls.
^^^ Sorry :p ^^^
I'm going to go through and reply to everyone's who has asked me questions directly since the thread's been dead for the past 24 hours or so, so maybe this will spark some more discussion? Hope so. I literally just went through and ctrl+f'd my name, so I'm gonna need time to analyse things. I read the walls and the other posts last night but I was too tired to post anything, since I pledged to respond to people in my next post and if I'd posted again last night Spiffy would have called me out on active lurking :p.

You've said that moi's defense was lackluster and that you want to see more from him. What was lackluster, and what do you want to see?
I'd only skimmed the thread, and it looked like von was clearly winning the argument. I read again last night and I changed my mind, moi's doing fine. Plus his defense has improved dramatically from the time I posted that comment to now. Call this a backpedal if you want, but I was too confident in the first place, which I just do to try and get people to overreact. Moi didn't.

Why not?
You ignore my main argument that you don't flesh out your opinions.
True, I having been fleshing out my main opinions. I already told you why: up until now, I've been playing this game on an iPad. You can't make big posts on an iPad; you can't even check back in the thread further than the page you're currently posting on. Saying that I am "ignoring your main argument" would make more sense if you'd actually said it before that post though.
You pick and choose the parts of my posts you respond to.
I don't really think so, but maybe. I wasn't reading very carefully, b/c iPad, but I thought I'd read the posts pertaining to me a lot more. It's the main reason why I asked you to give me actual discussion points in black and white, because I hadn't noticed anything to respond to, which I'd already said. Interestingly, you didn't actually quote yourself or ask me to respond to anything you'd said in any of your earlier posts, even in the discussion topics you gave me, which draws me to the conclusion that you're lying on this point. Care to back it up with evidence?
You've only contributed when you're called out on it.
I haven't actually contributed since I've been called out on it, have I? I don't remember exactly, but I think most of the "calling me out" was done on pages 6 and 7, whereas my last contribution was early page 6. So you're also lying here if I'm remembering things right. I guess you could use this post as saying "OMG I CALLED YOU OUT NOW YOU DO SOMETHING :O:O:O" but this is my first opportunity to post a large post because I'm now on a computer. Believe me or don't, but you have no incentive not to besides to try and violently push my lynch which, y'know, I'd rather you not ;).
Spiffy said:
Do moi and Jalmont's want for a no lynch make them scummy in your eyes?
No, not really. It's a useful topic to generate discussion in games with newer players. In game with lots of veteran players it's useless though.
Spiffy said:
What do you think of Serious Bananas and ButteredToast?
They both seem pretty towny right now, BT more than SB for whatever reason, but both are still town reads rn. Not that I've read into or analysed either of them much rn though, and I basically have a townread on everyone besides sunny.
Spiffy said:
Are you serious? You tell sunny to do something when you are being just as unhelpful as him. My vote is justified.
I disagree. The very act of me telling sunny to do something is me doing more than he is. Plus, I can call others out whether I'm being called out or not. If nobody could ever call out someone they have a scum read on because they are displaying or have displayed somewhat similar behaviour this game wouldn't get anywhere. Sunny, why have you not been posting? I want a basic answer here.
Celever is bad for ignoring all of the posts (aside from a really vague point on moi - why is it lackluster?) to prod at an inactive slot when they've contributed roughly amount to the game. This is even weirder considering Celever apparently plays NOC offsite, so I would expect him to be doing something here. I also think that he overreacted to Spiffy calling him out for lurking with the comment about wanting to lynch him for it (which might've been a joke) and the "I can't devote every second of my life to this game" (which probably wasn't a joke).
See above for your first point. I read over my post and maybe I was a bit aggressive there, but like I said, I'd had things going on irl recently. I was frustrated at myself not being able to contribute properly, so chances are it translated to my post since it was the main topic.
Way to try and dismiss me catching you perform a common mafia tactic by calling it stupid. Nice try. Also, this has been the longest 2-3 hours of my life.
It's not a common mafia tactic???????????????? Seriously, you could say that anything is a "common mafia tactic" and no one would disagree with you. Never in my life have I seen a person saying "your argument is stupid" as a mafia tactic. I said that your argument is stupid because it is. Actually, I just reread after typing that, and it's possible you meant that you thought me saying that your original "catching of me" was a common mafia tactic. This so called "common mafia tactic" which you'd called for "2 or 3 more votes" on me for was that I had been viewing the thread earlier and I hadn't responded to you. No it's not? In fact, ButteredToast had already responded to this:
Also... Spiffy, I don't see too big of a flag with people taking time to answer. Usually in mafia, it would mean avoiding pressure and talking it over with the mafia. But this being NOC, he can't get help in crafting a story. Definitely Celever needs to say something, but I'd give him time to say something before we would jump.
Furthermore, there are a plethora of reasons why I might not have responded to you properly, one of which happened. I was on my iPad. I could have also been on my phone while out an about, catching up on the thread at school or even home and having to suddenly leave etc. etc.. You're embarassing yourself really, Spiffy.

Actually, nah, VonFiedler is pretty town on page 5.

I'm getting really nervous about how many people are gunning for the silent slots in this game. I actually forgot about Haunted Diamond, but he's a scumread too.

rssp1 is most likely town. Serious Bananas is most likely town. Celever is townish. Fatecrashers is townish.

By the way, I hope you guys don't get too mad when I break things up into several posts; I'm a more streamlined type player, so I generally post thoughts when I have them. If it gets annoying, I'll try to condense them more.

VonFiedler: Who are you scumreading right now?

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I'm back to square one on reads to be honest. I notice that lots of people are confused about how Jalmont came up with some sort of scheme that seems entirely idiotic and not thought through at all and as a result makes him look bad and if he's town and gets lynched will fuck over his own team... but that's Jalmont.

Wayan Vistar

formerly Flyhn
PokeguyNXB: What is the inevitable text wall war you're speaking of and how does it differ from the VonFiedler vs moi one that just ended?
I guess no war will commence. Spiffy is speechless. And the von vs moi one didn't actually give me anything other than they each think the other is scum. There was a possibility that this one would've given more... oh well. For now, I agree with Celever, Spiffy IS acting quite aggressive. Even though this is pretty rich coming from me, care to explain? Lynch Spiffy

Amianki, why do you think BT is scummy? I couldn't find anything that seemed off for him and i'm curious to see what you're thinking there.

also in regards to Cancerous, i'll go into my personal experience on this to talk about it.
I've done the large textposty thing to welcome subs into the game as both mafia and town, so i'm not sure if that in itself would incriminate him. However, I do know that as town i'm generally like "eh, someone else can do it, I don't want to" while as mafia, i'm like "oh posting summaries will give me towncred and make me seem helpful" - basically what Spiffy said (if it's not spiffy who said that, whoops sorry)... and the fact that cancerous hasn't been extremely active in discussion and then he suddenly posts the summary seems kinda strange to me.
Lynch Cancerous
now I know that arguments relating to one's own style aren't necessarily the best ones, so i'd like some thoughts on what I said. Does that seem right, or am I misunderstanding the situation?

Celever

i am town
Amianki, why do you think BT is scummy? I couldn't find anything that seemed off for him and i'm curious to see what you're thinking there.

also in regards to Cancerous, i'll go into my personal experience on this to talk about it.
I've done the large textposty thing to welcome subs into the game as both mafia and town, so i'm not sure if that in itself would incriminate him. However, I do know that as town i'm generally like "eh, someone else can do it, I don't want to" while as mafia, i'm like "oh posting summaries will give me towncred and make me seem helpful" - basically what Spiffy said (if it's not spiffy who said that, whoops sorry)... and the fact that cancerous hasn't been extremely active in discussion and then he suddenly posts the summary seems kinda strange to me.
Lynch Cancerous
now I know that arguments relating to one's own style aren't necessarily the best ones, so i'd like some thoughts on what I said. Does that seem right, or am I misunderstanding the situation?
Actually, I think that makes decent sense. By far the best lead so far today.

Except that Spiffy was VIEWING THE THREAD and then didn't respond to my post! Very common mafia tactic, maybe even a full on scum slip. We must lynch him at once!!

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Dude I was viewing the thread literally all of yesterday cause I left it on while out running errands. Chill out.

Though I do feel like giving Spiffy's previous posts a thorough examination.

Celever

i am town
Dude I was viewing the thread literally all of yesterday cause I left it on while out running errands. Chill out.

Though I do feel like giving Spiffy's previous posts a thorough examination.
You really can't see the sarcasm here? :/
But he was viewing the thread and LEFT without responding. AND he was viewing the thread again about 5 minutes ago. Awful behaviour, and an extremely common mafia tactic!!

So many posts in such a short time but let me do this then catch up.

Amianki It helps more if you give some sort of reasoning/rational to your thoughts instead of just saying "he is mafia" and leaving it at that. I went over this with moi, but it might be best to not to tip your hand and scream and shout all your subtle leads. But if you are going to go through with calling someone out some reasoning would be helpful. Especially at this stage of the game. Voting people without much justification puts us back at random voting.

I'm kind of waiting to see what Fatecrashers has been working on through these conversations, as he has been strangely quiet. But I'll give him some time to assess more.

Also, for people calling other users out/asking for responses... I'd recommend tagging by using @ and then the name. While we probably have this thread watched, things might fall through the cracks a bit and it's easier to not only get a notification but get who people are talking at instead of about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)