2014/15 Association Football (Soccer) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

HBK

Subtlety is my middle name
^The reason Chelsea get the hate is because they have the players to play terrific entertaining football. Hazard, Oscar, Willian, Cuadrado, Fabregas, Costa, Remy, even good attacking full back Filipe. But instead they still play absolutely horrifying, dire, bore you to death football. Myself I too believe in the way Mourinho plays, results are the most important thing but I can't believe you Chelsea fans need it explained to you over and over again just why they get hate for the football they play and it is an absolutely valid reason. #ProudChelseaFanSince2005
Maybe we should hire you, you could give Mourinho some tactical pointers, years of coaching have made you wise. Willian and Cuadrado have been shit going forward since they came to the club and we have been playing the best we can when Fabregas, Costa and Hazard have been on the pitch. We've been struggling to score since both Costa and Rémy got injured.

Couldn't expect a different response from a classy Chelsea fan such as yourself. Did you even read my post? I even said I believe in Mourinho's method, all I did was retort your comment about West Brom and every word I said was correct, and it's not like Tony Pullis has never been hounded for playing boring football and the same goes for Martin O'Neil, Sam Allardyce, and Louis Van Gaal recently with his hoof to Fellaini tactics. Maybe Chelsea do play decent football vs the weak sides but any decent side and Chelsea will take the points, again fine by me I wish our manager was the same, but you cannot be surprised at the criticism that is received especially when it is 100% valid.

HBK

Couldn't expect a different response from a classy Chelsea fan such as yourself. Did you even read my post? I even said I believe in Mourinho's method, all I did was retort your comment about West Brom and every word I said was correct, and it's not like Tony Pullis has never been hounded for playing boring football and the same goes for Martin O'Neil, Sam Allardyce, and Louis Van Gaal recently with his hoof to Fellaini tactics. Maybe Chelsea do play decent football vs the weak sides but any decent side and Chelsea will take the points, again fine by me I wish our manager was the same, but you cannot be surprised at the criticism that is received especially when it is 100% valid.
Yeah, you said that you "believe in Mourinho's methods", strictly in the sense of emphasizing results over quality of football, and then you said that all the criticism that he and the club get is, in your opinion, absolutely valid. Believe it or not, us fans are his biggest critics when it comes to being negative to avoid defeat rather than going for the win, especially when it backfires, like against PSG. But there's a distinct difference between games where Mourinho sets the team up to sit back, not care about possession, hoping to nick a goal on the break and then sit back and see out the rest of the game, and games where the players genuinly try to pressure the opposing defence, trying to create chances but just aren't able to score. But we're criticised for both, which is bullshit of the highest degree. We're not going to win the title because we didn't do anything but park the bus all season, that was what we did last season. We signed Costa who brought more goals into the team, and who is the sole reason we're so close to winning the title, but without him, we're helpless, Hazard's not clinical enough and Oscar has dropped off. Rémy's scored some important goals but he's no Costa and he's injured most of the time. Mikel, Willian, Ramires, Cuadrado, Drogba, all names that are invisible on the score sheet apart from the odd goal once in a couple of games, Cuadrado hasn't even scored yet ffs.

Last edited:
Well done to Chelsea, I hope Arsenal win the FA Cup again so we can play you in the Community Shield! Bring on next season coz this season was boring as fuck!

HBK

Mariappa pushed him and he was sort of sandwiched between two players so it was soft, not exactly a dive. But fuck that, we've been denied clear penalties, I don't give a shit. CHAMPIONS OF ENGLAND FOR THE FIFTH TIME, PREMIER LEAGUE CHAMPIONS FOR THE FOURTH TIME FUCK YEAAAAAH Amazing scenes at the Bridge :) Costa deserves the most credit imo, he's been our most important player this season, you could see it in the way we struggled to score when he was injured.

Last edited:

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Mariappa pushed him and he was sort of sandwiched between two players so it was soft, not exactly a dive. But fuck that, we've been denied clear penalties, I don't give a shit. CHAMPIONS OF ENGLAND FOR THE FIFTH TIME, PREMIER LEAGUE CHAMPIONS FOR THE FOURTH TIME FUCK YEAAAAAH Amazing scenes at the Bridge :) Costa deserves the most credit imo, he's been our most important player this season, you could see it in the way we struggled to score when he was injured.
My dream of Liverpool giving us a guard of honour at Anfield is about to be realized

Reactions: HBK
with United and Liverpool in the form they are in, could you imagine how f*cked they would be if arsenal were chasing 4th place as well?

HBK

Of course Morata scores, it was written in the stars........fair result, Real were really dodgy at the back, Juve should've scored more. Still expect them to go through, especially with that key away goal.

Of course Morata scores, it was written in the stars........fair result, Real were really dodgy at the back, Juve should've scored more. Still expect them to go through, especially with that key away goal.
there is a saying about italian teams and needing a draw or something

Juve were excellent - Morata and Tevez both put in great performances, worked hard off the ball, were good with their hold up play(especially Morata) and were hugely threatening on the counter. Vidal was also solid, and seemed to be everywhere at once. Real were quite disappointing - Bale was very poor and pretty much every pass Ramos either went out of play or went straight back to Juve. I really expected more from Bale though, he did hardly anything.

Also, it's a shame Liverpool dropped so many points recently (namely against Hull and West Brom). Otherwise, top 4 race would've been far more interesting due to United's shitty form but with Chelsea at Stamford Bridge to play it looks like United will clinch fourth pretty easily.

HBK

Scratch whatever I've said before, Messi is the best player I've ever seen, Ronaldo could never do that against a team like Bayern in a game of such importance. It truly is a privilege to watch him play. Bayern held on pretty well for most of the game even though Barcelona, despite having less of the ball, came closer to breaking the deadlock. But there's no stopping Messi, once he turns on the style, it's over. Don't think Bayern can win 4-0 at home without conceding any from MSN, so they're pretty much out.

As much as I want to be positive about a potential comeback at the Allianz Arena for Bayern, I think it's probably better to start thinking about next year and how the squad can be improved. The silver lining to all of this is that this gives us a pretty good picture of what the team is like without Robben and Ribery and it only shows that we should not be so dependent on those two to make plays.

As for today's game, I am proud of Bayern. Despite the scoreline, I think it was an absolutely amazing game from the team defensively all things considered that they held off Barcelona's amazing front line for 77 minutes WHILE PLAYING THE HIGH LINE (Still blows my mind that we were doing that and didn't get scored on earlier). Offensive was disappointing today with zero shots on target, but when Lewandowski is wearing a freaking mask, that definitely affects his ability to play no matter how good you are. Muller didn't do a whole lot unfortunately.

I could be super salty right now and say that Neymar probably shouldn't have stayed on the field and gotten a second yellow for his diving antics, but that's football for ya.

Regardless of today's results, still proud that FC Bayern could have gone so far in this competition while sustaining so many injuries. It's not over till it is over, but it will definitely require a miracle for us to turn it around in the Allianz Arena.

Mia San Mia.

shade

be sharp, say nowt
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
one of the best games of football i've watched in ages, i couldn't take my eyes off it. it is an old cliché that reporters use saying it was an 'exciting 0-0' but it really was such a good game even before any of the goals went in. i'm genuinely green with envy of barca (and bayern) fans who get to watch their team play to such a high standard week in week out.

HBK

United sign Depay. Looked good in the World Cup, but can he do it in England? I, for one, genuinely hope he does a Cuadrado.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)