ORAS OU Mega Tyranitar Bulky Offense

This is a M-Tyranitar offensive team, focused on setting up, then sweeping, but also being bulky.

THE TEAM -->

MEGA TYRANITAR

Tyranitar (Tyranitar-Mega) @ Tyranitarite
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 168 HP / 212 Atk / 64 Def / 60 SpD / 4 Spe
Impish Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Stone Edge
- Fire Punch
- Crunch

This set's EVs differ from the usual 252 Atk 252 Spe EVs,with this set guaranteeing bulk and hard-hitting power. At +1 or higher, it can get many OHKOs or 2HKOs.

Calcs-->

+2 212 Atk Mega Tyranitar Fire Punch vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Bisharp: 380-448 (139.7 - 164.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+2 212 Atk Mega Tyranitar Stone Edge vs. 92 HP / 0 Def Azumarill: 457-538 (125.5 - 147.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ Atk Huge Power Azumarill Aqua Jet vs. 168 HP / 64+ Def Mega Tyranitar: 98-116 (25.5 - 30.2%) -- guaranteed 4HKO

You see, I can take many Super effective hits and OHKO back with neutral / Super effective hits.

FERROTHORN

Ferrothorn @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 204 Atk / 52 SpD
Brave Nature
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed
- Protect

It is designed to support with Leech Seed and hit Fairy and Water types hard. Rocky Helmet + Iron Barbs can take away a LOT of the foe's HP. Its Brave nature helps Gyro Ball to hit hard. It handles Azumarill, as it resists Heatran's Flash Cannon and can KO it with Waterfall.

GLISCOR

Gliscor (M) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 28 Atk / 236 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Facade
- Swords Dance
- Agility
- Substitute

This sets EVs are designed for good bulk and speed, with decent attack power. Substitute -> Swords Dance -> Facade with Toxic Orb and Poison Heal can sweep whole teams. The HP EVs make its HP a multiple of 8, maximizing the recovery of Poison Heal. With all this, Facade hits VERY hard, and also gives me recovery and not getting any other statuses (with Toxic Orb).

Here is a replay of this Gliscor sweeping a whole team, through Reflect :[replay]ou-221244407[/replay]

HEATRAN

Heatran @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 56 HP / 252 SpA / 200 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Flash Cannon
- Stone Edge

The EVs are to guarantee bulk, hard-hitting power, and speed. Shuca berry foils any attempt to KO with Earth Power / Earthquake. Stone Edge KOs airborne foes like Charizard Y, Talonflame and maybe Gyarados. Heatran is used to KO Grass and Fairy types for T-Tar and Latias.

LATIAS

Flight 175 (Latias) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 80 HP / 252 SpA / 176 Spe
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Calm Mind
- Psychic
- Dragon Pulse

Latias's EVs maximize damage output and give it high speed and fair bulk. Life Orb increases my OHKOs at the cost of HP loss and sometimes has lead to self-KOs. I am considering replacing Life Orb with some similar damage increasing item. It also nicely fits in with T-Tar, handling Water, Grass, Ground and Fighting types for it.

GYARADOS

Jumbo Shrimp (Gyarados) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 88 HP / 192 Atk / 224 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Substitute
- Waterfall
- Bounce

Gyarados's main role here is a having a Water type for the sake of having one. It also counters Fighting types well and after a few DDs, it turns into a sweeping machine. BTW I am considering to replace it with a better Water type.

To Gyarados:
Keldeo, Azumarill
OR

To Latias:
Latios @ Life Orb / Latiosite
EVs: 80 HP / 252 SpA / 176 Spe
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Calm Mind
- Psychic
- Dragon Pulse
OR

To Anything (suggest whom to replace, if I should):
Excadrill @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Poison Jab
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide

Thank You and Provide Constructive Criticism.

Real cool team. Nice to see mega tyranitar get some love. Anyway there are a few changes I would make. First remove agility on gliscor with earthquake or knock off and substitute qit roost or protect. Considering gliscor role on your team look to deal with stall agility isn't necessary. Earthquake give a more reliable move against scizor. Latios should be running max speed. Also healing wish should be used over calm mind. I think a choice scarf would actually be better than shuca berry since your team lacks speed control and heatran can lure in and Ko a lot of threats to your team. Other than that it's a pretty soild team

Real cool team. Nice to see mega tyranitar get some love. Anyway there are a few changes I would make. First remove agility on gliscor with earthquake or knock off and substitute qit roost or protect. Considering gliscor role on your team look to deal with stall agility isn't necessary. Earthquake give a more reliable move against scizor. Latios should be running max speed. Also healing wish should be used over calm mind. I think a choice scarf would actually be better than shuca berry since your team lacks speed control and heatran can lure in and Ko a lot of threats to your team. Other than that it's a pretty soild team
Thanks, Aquarium1! Can you please suggest the EVs / Moves for the Scarf Heatran you recommended? Also should I use Roar / Dragon Tail / Whirlwind on anything, to remove setup sweepers? And I would say that Will-O-Wispers pose a BIG threat to my team, eg M-Sableye and Rotom-W. So any solid counters to these? Or should I get a Heal Bell cleric? Did you see the Alternatives I posted (openable)? Please suggest an alternative for Gyarados and if I should replace the Latias with Latios. Will Memento on Latios help my team?

Last edited:
My bad I thought I did post the evs. The gliscor set I'm going to recommend deals with sableye as long as you don't get your toxic orb off. Heatran can also deal with it pretty effectively and rotom-w is handle by latios and ferrothorn.
Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
EVs: 244 HP / 192 SpD / 72 Spe
Careful Nature
- Sword dance
- Roost
- Knock Off/facade
- Earthquake

Heatran @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Overheat
- Flash Cannon
- Earth Power
- Stone edge

Latias @ Life Orb
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Healing Wish

that's a very solid team,and have a very good coverage,but EQ over fire punch on TTar is better,because have a better coverage over steel types (dont need to worry with scizors,because a +2 stone edge can HKO even the mega evo offensive variant);And i think you should change a little bit the spread and put some on speed,because he needs 2 DD to outspeed most of things that can shoot him down.And if u need a water type to put in place of gyara,u can use rotom-w,or even azumarill

that's a very solid team,and have a very good coverage,but EQ over fire punch on TTar is better,because have a better coverage over steel types (dont need to worry with scizors,because a +2 stone edge can HKO even the mega evo offensive variant);And i think you should change a little bit the spread and put some on speed,because he needs 2 DD to outspeed most of things that can shoot him down.And if u need a water type to put in place of gyara,u can use rotom-w,or even azumarill
I seek to make T-Tar bulky, not speedy.

Anyways, Thanks :)

Last edited:
Hi there, pretty cool team. First of all, I noticed you don't have Stealth Rocks. I think that you should probably remove a slot on Heatran's set to rocks (probably Flash Cannon to Stealth Rocks because Ferro already deals with most fairies)

First off, I think you should change Latias spread to maximize speed so it can speed tie with a lot of mons in the 110 speed tier such as Latios or Gengar (probably standard Bulky Defog with 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe). Also, I think you should replace Psychic with Psyshock to deal more damage to Chansey and AV users like Azumarill; and also change Calm Mind to Roost or Recover to help you against Keldeo, because otherwise it can really threaten your team (Gyarados doesn't like to switch into Scalds because of the burn chance). I would also recommend changing Dragon Pulse to Draco Meteor, because Dragon Pulse misses out on some important KOs even with max Special Attack.
252 SpA Life Orb Latias Dragon Pulse vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Landorus: 216-255 (67.7 - 79.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Latias Dragon Pulse vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Thundurus: 195-230 (65.2 - 76.9%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Life Orb Latias Dragon Pulse vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Kyurem-B: 351-416 (89.7 - 106.3%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO
252 SpA Life Orb Latias Dragon Pulse vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Latios: 296-351 (98.9 - 117.3%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO

252 SpA Life Orb Latias Draco Meteor vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Thundurus: 296-348 (98.9 - 116.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Life Orb Latias Draco Meteor vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Landorus: 329-387 (103.1 - 121.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Life Orb Latias Draco Meteor vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Kyurem-B: 538-634 (137.5 - 162.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Life Orb Latias Draco Meteor vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Latios: 452-533 (151.1 - 178.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO

I also notice that your team can struggle against Mega Sableye, so I think that you could change Gliscor's set to a Specially Defensive SD set or change Gyarados to Azumarill.

Gliscor set:
Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
EVs: 244 HP / 80 Spe / 184 SpD
Careful Nature
-Swords Dance
-Earthquake
-Knock Off
-Roost/ Taunt
You can run Taunt over Roost if you want Gliscor to beat stall, but I personally prefer Roost

Azumarill set:
Azumarill @ Choice Band
Ability : Huge Power
EVs: 252 Atk/ 88 HP/ 164 Spe
Adamant Nature
-Play Rough
-Waterfall
-Aqua Jet
-Knock Off / Superpower
Using Choice Band to guarantee the KO on max HP/ max Def Mega Sableye.

I think that's pretty much it. I really hope I helped you with your team.

Hi there, pretty cool team. First of all, I noticed you don't have Stealth Rocks. I think that you should probably remove a slot on Heatran's set to rocks (probably Flash Cannon to Stealth Rocks because Ferro already deals with most fairies)

First off, I think you should change Latias spread to maximize speed so it can speed tie with a lot of mons in the 110 speed tier such as Latios or Gengar (probably standard Bulky Defog with 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe). Also, I think you should replace Psychic with Psyshock to deal more damage to Chansey and AV users like Azumarill; and also change Calm Mind to Roost or Recover to help you against Keldeo, because otherwise it can really threaten your team (Gyarados doesn't like to switch into Scalds because of the burn chance). I would also recommend changing Dragon Pulse to Draco Meteor, because Dragon Pulse misses out on some important KOs even with max Special Attack.
252 SpA Life Orb Latias Dragon Pulse vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Landorus: 216-255 (67.7 - 79.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Latias Dragon Pulse vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Thundurus: 195-230 (65.2 - 76.9%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Life Orb Latias Dragon Pulse vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Kyurem-B: 351-416 (89.7 - 106.3%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO
252 SpA Life Orb Latias Dragon Pulse vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Latios: 296-351 (98.9 - 117.3%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO

252 SpA Life Orb Latias Draco Meteor vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Thundurus: 296-348 (98.9 - 116.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Life Orb Latias Draco Meteor vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Landorus: 329-387 (103.1 - 121.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Life Orb Latias Draco Meteor vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Kyurem-B: 538-634 (137.5 - 162.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Life Orb Latias Draco Meteor vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Latios: 452-533 (151.1 - 178.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO

I also notice that your team can struggle against Mega Sableye, so I think that you could change Gliscor's set to a Specially Defensive SD set or change Gyarados to Azumarill.

Gliscor set:
Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
EVs: 244 HP / 80 Spe / 184 SpD
Careful Nature
-Swords Dance
-Earthquake
-Knock Off
-Roost/ Taunt
You can run Taunt over Roost if you want Gliscor to beat stall, but I personally prefer Roost

Azumarill set:
Azumarill @ Choice Band
Ability : Huge Power
EVs: 252 Atk/ 88 HP/ 164 Spe
Adamant Nature
-Play Rough
-Waterfall
-Aqua Jet
-Knock Off / Superpower
Using Choice Band to guarantee the KO on max HP/ max Def Mega Sableye.

I think that's pretty much it. I really hope I helped you with your team.
All the suggestions are pretty good, but Draco Meteor sometimes forces me to switch. After a few, Latias does drastically decreased damage.

Here's my updated Gliscor, which I had changed after posting this RMT:

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
EVs: 244 HP / 192 SpD / 72 Spe
Careful Nature
- Sword dance
- Roost
- Facade
- Earthquake

Azumarill has some just-average stats, but I'll still try it out. Need a more reliable Garchomp counter.

Thanks!

the team looks pretty solid and the changes you made to Gliscor look pretty good, however that Shuca berry on Heatran seems pretty lackluster as it does not give the immunity to flying all together and you already have 3 Pokemon immune to ground. Changing its item to choice scarf gives you the speed that you lack and lets it be a bigger offensive threat. The surprise factor of choice scarf still allows to you get kills and far outweighs the surprise factor of Shuca berry.

hope i helped a bit

the team looks pretty solid and the changes you made to Gliscor look pretty good, however that Shuca berry on Heatran seems pretty lackluster as it does not give the immunity to flying all together and you already have 3 Pokemon immune to ground. Changing its item to choice scarf gives you the speed that you lack and lets it be a bigger offensive threat. The surprise factor of choice scarf still allows to you get kills and far outweighs the surprise factor of Shuca berry.

hope i helped a bit
Yeah, changed it to choice scarf.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)