SPOILERS! Mysteries and Conspiracies of Pokemon

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
I have an odd thought. My theory found within the hide.
Mewtwo is a result of horrifying experiments involving gene splicing. It's possible for living creatures to have a body different than what its genes are, via surgery. What if the Mewtwo we know is just a surgically altered body? I would like to point to mega Mewtwo Y for why I thought of this. Out of the mega Mewtwos, Y is more "natural". The mega stat allocation and type are why I think this. Mega Mewtwo Y also looks like a horrific genetic abomination. When a Pokemon mega evolves, you draw out its true power, which in Mewtwo's Y mega's case, brings out a form closer to what its genes are.

To summarize, I theorize mega Mewtwo Y is the true genetic form of Mewtwo, and I think the base form is a surgically altered body. The base form DOES have an extra spinal column, after all.

As for the X mega, I have an entirely different theory about it.
In Gen I it was originally said Mew gave birth and Mew's child was experimented on and became Mewtwo, though since then that story was retcon to Mewtwo being cloned from Mew's DNA.

In Gen I it was originally said Mew gave birth and Mew's child was experimented on and became Mewtwo, though since then that story was retcon to Mewtwo being cloned from Mew's DNA.
Having just read the journals from Pokemon Mansion, it reads as if they used the genes to create a new Pokemon, but since they used Mew's genes it is like Mew is a parent genetically, not as if Mew literally gave birth

July 5
Diary: July 5
Guyana, South America
A new Pokémon was discovered deep in the jungle.
July 10
Diary: July 10
We christened the newly discovered Pokémon, Mew.
February 6
Diary: Feb. 6
Mew gave birth.
We named the newborn Mewtwo.
September 1
Diary: Sept. 1
MEWTWO is far too powerful.
We have failed to curb its vicious
tendencies…

We all know that Bagi the monster of nature was one of the biggest inspiration behind mewtwo at this point, I think you should consider that for the RBY implementation.

And anyways, it's the megaverse everything was retconed, or will be to fit the universe, thinking about old version in today "time line" feels like a waste of time at this point XD

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
We all know that Bagi the monster of nature was one of the biggest inspiration behind mewtwo at this point, I think you should consider that for the RBY implementation.

And anyways, it's the megaverse everything was retconed, or will be to fit the universe, thinking about old version in today "time line" feels like a waste of time at this point XD
Um no, I've never heard of this Bagi before. Plus Bulbapedia says nothing about it.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
Um no, I've never heard of this Bagi before. Plus Bulbapedia says nothing about it.
The only thing I can find on Bagi is an anime about it, and Bagi looks like this:

Yeah... not even close to Mewtwo...

I think Norne is kidding? I heard Mewtwo being based on the Mother's/Earthbound's series first villain, Giygas, though but I think everyone knows that.

Both are alien-looking creatures with intense psychic powers. Also developers of Mother/Earthbound worked also worked on Pokemon.

Nope, Bagi is one of the premier inspirations as far as I know, it's pretty much about a bunch of scientists messing around the genetics of wildcats to create hybrids with psycho kinesis in an unamed South American town for most part of the movie.

Yep as weird as it sounds. I can't deny some of the staff of earthbound worked on pokemon, but several stuff from Bagi overlap weirdly with mewtwo backstory.

Karxrida

Nope, Bagi is one of the premier inspirations as far as I know, it's pretty much about a bunch of scientists messing around the genetics of wildcats to create hybrids with psycho kinesis in an unamed South American town for most part of the movie.

Yep as weird as it sounds. I can't deny some of the staff of earthbound worked on pokemon, but several stuff from Bagi overlap weirdly with mewtwo backstory.
Again, if that were true then Bulbapedia would have said something about it (coincidences are a thing). Is there an interview with GF staff that confirms this? Also it was kind of pretentious to assume we knew what you were talking about in the first place.

Last edited:
Again, if that were true then Bulbapedia would have said something about it (coincidences are a thing). Is there an interview with GF staff that confirms this? Also it was kind of pretentious to assume we knew what you were talking about in the first place. Not all of us
I might have overstated it, but as someone who watched it I couldn't stop drawing comparison with the RBY installment, especially given the pinkish white approach of both characters and the fact that one came way beforehand.

Karxrida

I'm not saying that mewtwo was based off Bagi, but the fact that bulbapedia dosent say anything about it dosent mean it's not true. Last time I checked bulbapedia is not omniscient and all knowing. And this is a pokemon theories list, so we can theorize a little bit.
I'm not claiming that Bulbapedia is omniscient either, but being based off of a creature in a very specific anime is a fact worth noting on a wiki. If it was true it'd probably be on Mewtwo's page.

Mew is based on a cat and a fetus. Its name is Mew, after all. A noise cats make.

Mewtwo is based on Mew, except genetically altered.

I think there may be something worth noting in the Bagi suggestion.

Edit: spellcheck didn't catch "eccept", so that's been fixed.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
After a Google and Bing search this seems like the only time someone had suggested this Bagi connection (infact the searchs has this very thread pop up, the only other thing I can find is oddly fanart of the two as a couple (rule 34?)). Had Mewtwo taken inspiration from Bagi I think more people would have noted it. And while there is a "connection" with them being feline in appearance and genetic experiments, do note that the feline influence Mewtwo is VERY subtle while Bagi is literally a cat girl (and cat people isn't a new thing, they're even part of Japanese mythology). As for being generic experiments, warning of mankind playing god with genetics isn't a new theme. Can I say for certain that Bagi didn't inspire Mewtwo, no. But the same works in the reverse, there's no evidence on either side. It would like me saying Pikachu is based on Mickey Mouse, prove me wrong. I say unless we ever get a chance to ask GF about it, it's kind of a dead subject. Heck, if there was any movie that gave GF some inspiration for Mewtwo I'd put my money on Akira. Prove me wrong.

Something new I noticed, while the topic is Mewtwo.

I've noticed mega Mewtwo X has 3 spinal columns. Inside the hide is more theory stuff.

I think that tube on the back of Mewtwo's head could possibly be what controls its muscle movements (this is adding to my theory that Mewtwo's body is surgically altered). The actual neck would be used for basic, necessary functions in this theory. You see, most if not all of regular Mewtwo's motions involve the arms and tail. It levitates using psychic powers and puts minimal effort on moving its legs - until it enters mega X form. In mega X form, it not only gains muscle bulk, but another spinal tube, and it also freely uses its legs for attacks.

Something new I noticed, while the topic is Mewtwo.

I've noticed mega Mewtwo X has 3 spinal columns. Inside the hide is more theory stuff.

I think that tube on the back of Mewtwo's head could possibly be what controls its muscle movements (this is adding to my theory that Mewtwo's body is surgically altered). The actual neck would be used for basic, necessary functions in this theory. You see, most if not all of regular Mewtwo's motions involve the arms and tail. It levitates using psychic powers and puts minimal effort on moving its legs - until it enters mega X form. In mega X form, it not only gains muscle bulk, but another spinal tube, and it also freely uses its legs for attacks.

This makes a lot of sense actually. Notice how the Y form got one spinal column on top of its head though (or what else is that...thing O_O)

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
This makes a lot of sense actually. Notice how the Y form got one spinal column on top of its head though (or what else is that...thing O_O)
Oh yeah. Maybe its to help allow more information to quickly travel between the two lobes of the brain allowing for extra thinking (and psychic) power?

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
I'll answer this with a few images that may have conflicting interests, but may be relevant to the point being discussed above.

[BIG IMAGE ALERT]
http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2013/024/2/1/complete_pokemon_phylogeny_by_kfblade-d5sipwp.jpg

Probably a more "realistic" version of the Pokemon Lineage tree.

http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/315/1/b/1b0135aa274c54cf1215b8be74e39960-d2nj7tp.png

This explanation of Legends shows how Arceus creates everything, including Mew. Mew's DNA is then the building blocks for all "formal" Pokemon.

Either can be used to explain the link, and there are far more than these two trees out there. This little tidbit of info might just get "swept under the rug" as all we can really do is guess. If Mew is the ancestor to all Pokemon, we must assume that it is thousands of years old, and Arceus even older still. Considering Pokemon do "die" in some way (as proved by the various mourning sites in the Pokemon world), we must then assume that Mew's genetics also give it some form of immortality. Much like tardigrades or a certain species of Jellyfish (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biological_immortality). The exception to this is if mew is "divine" in the same way the "poke gods" are (Arceus, Palkia, Dialga, Giratina, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza etc).

If Mew came first,why is Arceus referred to as the creator of all pokemons?
jk.

Arceus came first. Mew was created by Arceus.
Schermafbeelding 2015-05-05 om 16.09.22.png

Basically, Arceus hatched from an egg into nothing, then created everything. It created time (Dialga) and space (Palkia). Then Arceus created the world and created the three light guardians to keep it in check (Azelf, Mesprit and Uxie), and then it created earth (Groudon), sea (Kyogre) and air (Rayquaza), and created Mew from there.
Schermafbeelding 2015-05-05 om 16.21.10.png

Because Mew is able to learn every move there are many scientists who believe that it is the ancestor of all Pokémon. But it's not. However, due to the fact that Mew can learn every move it has traces of ever Pokémon's DNA. This definitely proves that it is the first common Pokémon that all Pokémon can trace their heritage back to.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
The way I see it:

Mew could hardly have laid Arceus' egg, vanished from existence, let Arceus create the world and then resurface somehow. It might be possible (it's Pokémon after all), but it sounds very contrived. It's more likely that Arceus, being the Creator and all, simply created Mew and inserted some of its own DNA in it, in addition to all the rest.

The way I see it:

Mew could hardly have laid Arceus' egg, vanished from existence, let Arceus create the world and then resurface somehow. It might be possible (it's Pokémon after all), but it sounds very contrived. It's more likely that Arceus, being the Creator and all, simply created Mew and inserted some of its own DNA in it, in addition to all the rest.
That was my thought. I was thinking Arceus created Mew to be like the databank for DNA of Pokemon. And then Mew would recombine pieces of that DNA to create new Pokemon.

My thoughts on Mew, as it relates to Arceus:
Mew is traced back as the ancestor of Pokemon. Arceus created the entire universe (that "egg" Arceus hatched from was clearly the Big Bang).

I don't see them as related, to be honest. Unless you want to dig into religious stuff.

Mew may be an extraterrestrial pokemon if it happens to be the common ancestor of all pokemons and would have come from an another planet/galaxy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 4)