The Everything some hero (NFL) Thread - 2015-16 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Not really fussed about Carolina's pick. The Cardinals took DJ Humphries from under our noses, so I guess they decided to roll with Shaq Thompson. Really versatile player, he played three positions for Washington but playing him at linebacker is obviously the reason he was drafted. Will make our front seven even scarier and he's gonna learn a lot from two of the best LBs in the business. Nice, crispy pick.
Literally can't go wrong with a guy named Shaq!

Devin Funchess drafted by the Panthers, eh? Did not expect that at all, but not a terrible pick. 6 feet 5 inches like Benjamin, so Cam is gonna have fun putting it up for the trees to grab. Not the fastest, but good enough. My only issue is what we had to give up to draft this guy. A second, third, and sixth round pick was given to the Rams to move up 16 spots. Whether this guy is worth that remains to be seen, but I think this can really turn out well.

xJownage

Even pendulums swing both ways
The rams drafted todd gurley.
why????

RBs:
1. Tre mason (who proved himself an every down back)
2. Todd Gurley
3. Zac Stacy

all 3 are starting caliber. So what do they do? They trade stacy...for A 7TH ROUND PICK. gdi

I heard the Rams had Gurley rated as the best overall player in the draft. I don't watch a lot of college football so I'm not gonna pretend like I disagree with that just because the media does, but if I saw him as a franchise RB like on the level of SJax I would have taken him too.

I just don't like trading Zac Stacy...we don't have good experience with players that have injury history (Bradford, Jake Long, Saffold, seemed to get injured every season), and I would have wanted Stacy in case Gurley or Mason get injured during the season.

edit: Also at that point in the draft the Rams 2 biggest needs, OL and WR, both had the top 2 gone. They might have been able to trade down but obviously only if someone else was willing to trade up...I thought the Chargers would be willing to trade up if they traded up for Gordon, but idk, maybe the Chargers would have rather had Gordon even if Gurley dropped to them

Last edited:
The rams drafted todd gurley.
why????

RBs:
1. Tre mason (who proved himself an every down back)
2. Todd Gurley
3. Zac Stacy

all 3 are starting caliber. So what do they do? They trade stacy...for A 7TH ROUND PICK. gdi
Stacy wanted to be traded :x
Also, I think they have Gurley rated higher than Mason and Stacy. I have a feeling Gurley will end up being their guy for years to come. Just looking at this guy, I think he'll be a beast.

I heard the Rams had Gurley rated as the best overall player in the draft. I don't watch a lot of college football so I'm not gonna pretend like I disagree with that just because the media does, but if I saw him as a franchise RB like on the level of SJax I would have taken him too.

I just don't like trading Zac Stacy...we don't have good experience with players that have injury history (Bradford, Jake Long, Saffold, seemed to get injured every season), and I would have wanted Stacy in case Gurley or Mason get injured during the season.

edit: Also at that point in the draft the Rams 2 biggest needs, OL and WR, both had the top 2 gone. They might have been able to trade down but obviously only if someone else was willing to trade up...I thought the Chargers would be willing to trade up if they traded up for Gordon, but idk, maybe the Chargers would have rather had Gordon even if Gurley dropped to them
if Gurley stays healthy, he has every chance to be everything AP is + a little bit more. same size, same speed (I think Gurley is a little bit faster, but he's running against college kids and missed the combine), and Gurley probably blocks/catches better than AP does. now, obviously I'm not saying he'll be better day 1, but if he can stay healthy I think he'll be the best RB in the NFL in a couple years.

if you haven't watched any of his tape, he makes top level SEC talent look like children out on the field. the talent gap obviously won't be so big in the NFL, but he should prove to be worth a top 10 pick.

Jags with the best draft.

like guys, holy shit how did that happen.
Well when you're desperate, things happen :P
Also, I'm pretty satisfied with the Colts' draft. Dorsett was puzzling but the rest was defense so they weren't losers of the draft. I'd still say the Redskins lost big by passing up Williams but meh

yeah what WB said.

this is the third draft of the Dave Caldwell era and it's his best. he didn't need to draft starters at every position, and instead was able to add some incredible value picks to add solid depth the the line and DB.

Greene in the fifth and Bennett in the sixth are both incredible, as both were projected to go in the second or third rounds.

Fowler is the consensus best pass rusher in the draft, i don't know much about Yeldon but he's said to be a 3 down back that only lacks over-the-top speed, which is fine.

but, you know, whatever. it doesn't matter unless Bortles progresses. if he does, we're coming for you Capt'n.

yeah what WB said.

this is the third draft of the Dave Caldwell era and it's his best. he didn't need to draft starters at every position, and instead was able to add some incredible value picks to add solid depth the the line and DB.

Greene in the fifth and Bennett in the sixth are both incredible, as both were projected to go in the second or third rounds.

Fowler is the consensus best pass rusher in the draft, i don't know much about Yeldon but he's said to be a 3 down back that only lacks over-the-top speed, which is fine.

but, you know, whatever. it doesn't matter unless Bortles progresses. if he does, we're coming for you Capt'n.
Bortles can progress all he wants. He's not surpassing Andrew Luck. They need a defense first. Until then, Jags don't scare me. The only threat is Houston :x

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
That and they still don't have any WRs since they decided to pass on Cooper.

Dave

formerly Stone Cold
is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Five-Time Past WCoP Champion
That and they still don't have any WRs since they decided to pass on Cooper.
lol. Jag's probably had the best rookie WR pick ups of 2014.

Hurns, Lee, and Robinson were ALL looking to be studs - ESPECIALLY robinson and hurns. You just don't watch any of the games.

Too many people hate on the Jags because "lol jags" but they really aren't that bad :/ Bortles can use some improvement for sure, but I can see them improving a lot this season since they now have some foundation, a decent RB tandem in place as well as allowing their draft to focus on a plethora of needs and not heavily on the offensive side of the ball/QB like the past few years.

But, the Panthers will beat them in week 1. Hue.

lol. Jag's probably had the best rookie WR pick ups of 2014.

Hurns, Lee, and Robinson were ALL looking to be studs - ESPECIALLY robinson and hurns. You just don't watch any of the games.

Too many people hate on the Jags because "lol jags" but they really aren't that bad :/ Bortles can use some improvement for sure, but I can see them improving a lot this season since they now have some foundation, a decent RB tandem in place as well as allowing their draft to focus on a plethora of needs and not heavily on the offensive side of the ball/QB like the past few years.

But, the Panthers will beat them in week 1. Hue.
you get half a like and a non-sarcastic thumbs up.

you clearly don't watch any Jags games if that's your assessment.

that's fine. you just won't see it coming. :>

Luck is already the best quarterback in the NFL, a guranteed HoFamer and will probably end up in the argument of the best ever along with peyton and Rodgers. You should consider yourself lucky if Bortles is still in the league in 3 years.

Panthers are actually good. Cam just needs protection and they're hands down the best in their division unless the Falcons can advance their defense. Saints are on the downfall and the Bucs are the Bucs
i wouldn't call any team in the NFC South good or a lock to win the division considering they were all <.500 :pimp:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)