SPOILERS! Mysteries and Conspiracies of Pokemon

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
I could swear we talked about this already.

Anyway, I agree with the Arceus came first and created Mew. After creating, well, everything, Arcues created the Mew species so that they can evolve into all the other Pokemon species. Of course not all Mew evolved as some scant few have managed to survive and breed for possibly million of years into the modern Pokemon era. Resilient little buggers, aren't they?

DHR-107:
I don't think Mew is immortal but they are probably very long lived to assure they'll exist long enough to evolve into another species.
However you do point something out. Now obviously Mew has no evolutionary relation to the Spacetime Dragons and the Lake Guardians due to them being created by Arcues, but what of the other Legendaries? Considering the rarity of Legendaries, Mew's Pokedex description could be slightly off as its meant to say Mew shares DNA traits with all common Pokemon species. Now its very possible some Legendaries share DNA with Mew either because their species eventually evolved from a Mew or if what Codraroll suggested is true about Arceus inserting its DNA into Mew then if Arceus did the same thing with all of its creations they too may very well share DNA with Mew (though they'll be more like siblings to the Mew species rather then children). Of course lets not forget about the "object" Pokemon like the Porygon family, Voltorb family, Vanillite family, Trubbish family, Golett family, etc.. How do they fit into all this? Well they too can have evolved from Mew but maybe not through evolution but rather through just leftover genetic material. It could be possible that its just a DNA sample of a Mew, under the right conditions, can be used to give inanimate objects life as a Pokemon. Afterall, that's how Mewtwo came into being so why not other Pokemon?

Codraroll:
Would make sense for Arceus to have made Mew from its own DNA, being that if Arceus has the power to create a new species of Pokemon its DNA probably has the ability to change as well. But then why can't Arceus learn all TMs/HMs? Could be that due to Mew probably evolved into other species of Pokemon by adapting to its environment, all Moves also evolved as a need to survive in a certain environment so therefore Mew (and whatever Pokemon it evolved into) NEEDED to know said Moves to survive and thus adapted. Arceus fell asleep soon after creating everything and even if it hadn't it's still a celestial being so probably has no need to learn all the Moves. It could also be possible that Arceus' own DNA is "locked" for itself but was able to make it so that it was malleable for Mew so that it can do its job of evolving into other species of Pokemon, but I have a hard time believing in that one as I don't think that the being of Arceus doesn't have an actual body. The Arceus we "know" is just an avatar of a cosmic being who has no true form, though the reason it chose to have its avatar look as it does was both communicate and awe those it wants to contact. So in a way you can say the Arceus avatar's body blueprint isn't customizable though when it made Mew it was made so that it could change on a whim.

Norne:
Well... if you want to spoil everyone's fun then sure. :P

Pikachu315111
I always assumed Mew's relation to most of the Legendaries without a defined origin (such as the Lake trio, The Legendary Beasts, or the Creation Dragons) were still the result of Mew species evolution, just extremely rare and unique cases. After all, many of the Legendaries exhibit near impossible capabilities in the legends or even just in their Physiology, such as Heatran's extreme body temperature, or Lugia surviving on the Ocean floor with the extreme pressures, etc. Perhaps some of the Mew's developed genetic mutation that allowed them to survive in these conditions, and Physically evolved to reflect the environments in which they were found. Such a mutation might also explain the inability of most legendaries to breed, as some mutations can induce sterility.

Manaphy in turn might be a mutation of Phione, which might explain why it can only breed with Ditto and yet yield a different species: Ditto morphs to mimic the closest natural Pokemon to Manaphy, Phione, and whatever mutation induced Manaphy's birth as opposed to a Phione is recessive. Even if the child Phione receives it, you can't breed it with another Phione to try and yield a Manaphy.

Alternatively, Manaphy is the natural species and Phione is the result of some defect or deficiency due to breeding in captivity, evidenced by a lack of what should be signature/flavor moves for Manaphy such as Heart Swap, Tail Glow, and from a design standpoint just looking like a pre-mature Manaphy in terms of having one of many things Manaphy has 2 of in design.

We definitely have talked about this before, but I really just think this is a "who came first; the chicken or the egg?" Question. Arceus is the chicken.

We definitely have talked about this before, but I really just think this is a "who came first; the chicken or the egg?" Question. Arceus is the chicken.
Since I'm nitpicky and think I know more science than I do, the chicken egg came before the chicken because the birds who made that egg were different enough to not be chickens, but a subsequent mutation was probably the cutoff where we could say "this is a chicken".

That had nothing to do with the topic and I apologize for derailing the thread.

Forgot to complain about this last time but did anyone notice that the levels required for evolution of Unova Pokemon is really high compared to the rest of the series? For example, Deino gets Zweilous at Lv50 and Hydreigon at Lv64 while Larvesta gets Volcarona at Lv59. The other Pokemon are not exempt either as Bisharp is obtained at Lv52, Mienshao at Lv50 and Mandibuzz at Lv54. All this when most other Pokemon gets their final evolution around Lv36 and the pseudo-legendaries (except Dragonite and Tyranitar) are obtained at much more reasonable levels. What is even weirder is that Larvesta goes straight from Larvae stage to Adult stage, bypassing the Pupa stage entirely (similar to Venomoth, but Venomoth is obtained at a much lower level) -> this throws insect metamorphosis out of the window but w/ever.

There are many similarities between Mew and Ditto and Ditto is found in the Pokemon Mansion on Cinnabar Island,the place where the genetic experiments were performed in order to clone Mew.On their first attempt,they failed and must have ended up with a Ditto.SO the point I'm trying to make is Ditto is nothing but a slime composed of Mew's cells.Ditto,also being of the undiscovered egg group,exceptionally shatters all the boundaries in breeding.So maybe,Mew was the common DESCENDANT of all pokemons,who travelled from future to past in time.The reason is that the egg groups would eventually merge into one sometime in the future and breeding would result in a Mew being born.Because if such divergent species like Diglett and Wailord can breed to produce an offspring(both being in the Field egg group),it's possible that the egg groups eventually would merge.
If we consider this scenario,it perfectly supports the facts that Mew contains DNA traces of all pokemon species and it originated on Earth.

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
There are many similarities between Mew and Ditto and Ditto is found in the Pokemon Mansion on Cinnabar Island,the place where the genetic experiments were performed in order to clone Mew.On their first attempt,they failed and must have ended up with a Ditto.SO the point I'm trying to make is Ditto is nothing but a slime composed of Mew's cells.Ditto,also being of the undiscovered egg group,exceptionally shatters all the boundaries in breeding.So maybe,Mew was the common DESCENDANT of all pokemons,who travelled from future to past in time.The reason is that the egg groups would eventually merge into one sometime in the future and breeding would result in a Mew being born.Because if such divergent species like Diglett and Wailord can breed to produce an offspring(both being in the Field egg group),it's possible that the egg groups eventually would merge.
If we consider this scenario,it perfectly supports the facts that Mew contains DNA traces of all pokemon species and it originated on Earth.
The "Ditto is a failed Mew clone" theory has been debunked by Game Freak themselves (apparently), but it's still one of my favorite fan theories regardless.

If it is so,then Mew must have evolved elsewhere in the universe and came to Earth,and then served as common ancestor of Earth life.That's as far as i can think guys.

If it is so,then Mew must have evolved elsewhere in the universe and came to Earth,and then served as common ancestor of Earth life.That's as far as i can think guys.
Or it is created by Arceus :P

Pokemon that came elsewhere from the universe ? We have Clefairy, Clefable, Jirachi and Deoxys with Solrock and Lunatone being possibilities.

One more mystery: Moon Stone evolutions doesn't really make sense when you think about it. Except for Clefairy -> Clefable, the others are unintuitive. I mean, who would have guessed you needed a Moon Stone to evolve Jigglypuff, the Nidos, Skitty and Munna?

Wasn't ditto for the most part based on a yokai?

Anyways I might be ruining the speculah, but I still hold my guns in the theory that the Lord and saviour rainbow llama and it's eggs are merely interdimensional beings that the plebians of Sinnoh past revered as Gods rather than them being actual Gods.

I would love to see this route explored akin to Ghetsis speech in wich even a pokemon of legend is still nothing but a mere pokemon.

Since I'm nitpicky and think I know more science than I do, the chicken egg came before the chicken because the birds who made that egg were different enough to not be chickens, but a subsequent mutation was probably the cutoff where we could say "this is a chicken".

That had nothing to do with the topic and I apologize for derailing the thread.
But is the egg with the first chicken considered the first chicken egg or is it considered the "last" proto-chicken egg? Also, technically, the egg predates the chicken (and all birds) by millions of years.
But that's not important.

On the subject of who came first, Arceus or Mew:
Just because Mew has all of the DNA doesn't mean that it came before Arceus. Hell, Arceus might have put its own DNA in there (could explain how Normal-types have such large, varied movepools) and the DNA of other Legendaries (such as Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina). Normally, this is where I would bring up the possibility that Arceus might just be worshiped as a god and actually isn't, but we do know for a fact that Arceus can create Pokémon out of thin air, as we see in the Sinjoh Ruins, so it might have created Mew.
Also, I noticed something interesting about Mew's Pokédex entries: they never mention DNA and ancestor in the same entry. Not once in six generations. What makes scientists believe that Mew is the common ancestor of Pokémon is the fact that it can learn all of the TMs. Also, as I've pointed out before, the statement about having every Pokémon's DNA is not written as fact. This is the entry in ORAS:
Mew is said to possess the genetic composition of all Pokémon.
Again, "said". And every Mew entry is written with the word said.

(777 Posts!!!!!!!)

Last edited:
But then again, Arceus is also only "said" to be the creator of the universe. It may just be an ultra-powerful Pokemon who created the Creation Trio. Who knows if the Creation Trio really created everything?

Forgot to complain about this last time but did anyone notice that the levels required for evolution of Unova Pokemon is really high compared to the rest of the series? For example, Deino gets Zweilous at Lv50 and Hydreigon at Lv64 while Larvesta gets Volcarona at Lv59. The other Pokemon are not exempt either as Bisharp is obtained at Lv52, Mienshao at Lv50 and Mandibuzz at Lv54. All this when most other Pokemon gets their final evolution around Lv36 and the pseudo-legendaries (except Dragonite and Tyranitar) are obtained at much more reasonable levels. What is even weirder is that Larvesta goes straight from Larvae stage to Adult stage, bypassing the Pupa stage entirely (similar to Venomoth, but Venomoth is obtained at a much lower level) -> this throws insect metamorphosis out of the window but w/ever.
This is because these ones are found much later in Black/White. Deino and Vullaby/Rufflet are found in Victory Road, so it's natural for Game Freak to want the levels which they evolve at to be higher. Mienfoo is first obtained around Dragonspiral Tower if the player wants a faster Fighting type than what's been available to this point at the cost of bulk once it evolves. Pawniard is found on Route 9. Not sure why they felt it necessary to have to put up with Larvesta from an egg found rather out of the way all the way to level 59 other than you find it very late in the game. (they seemed to realize it was a pain to have to raise it for that long, as in B2/W2 you could catch the Relic Castle's Volcarona at around level 35)

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
pika pal:
I would say the only Pokemon without any direct evolutionary connection as we can figure with Mew is Arceus, Creation Dragons and the Lake Guardians (though Ho-Oh created the Beast Trio, it created them from other Pokemon so they still contain Mew DNA within them). With that said, I wouldn't be surprised to hear if other Legendaries like the Weather Trio and Mortality Duo were also created by Arceus as they seem to have very definite "jobs". And like with Pokemon who's origin are manmade/objects given life, I would also question if whether the Tower Duo and Tao Dragons were evolved from Mew due to their BST being 680. However for other Legendary Pokemon I would say you can possibly connect them from having evolved from Mew. And you pretty much said what I've been saying about Mew evolving to other Pokemon according to the environments its in. Some Mews went to live in the water so adapted to become many of the Water Pokemon we know, some went to live in hot places like desert and volcanic regions so adapted to be able to take the high temperatures, etc.. Heck, with their being alien Pokemon it could be possible Mew wasn't just kept on the Pokemon planet an were allowed to spread across the cosmos and adapted to the alien Pokemon we know, but more on that thought later.

I would say Manaphy being able to create Phione eggs is sort of an allusion to maybe cell division and/or that ocean is the birthplace of life (well, at least non-Pokemon life. Though it could be possible the first Mew on the Pokemon Planet found the oceans to be suitable for life with the land currently being a hot mess of magma). Being a com mon, Ditto can't really replicate full biology of a Manaphy yet Manaphy's amorphous physiology does allow it to split off some of its DNA to create something though its not the same as it nor as strong. Branching off from this thought, I would say Pokemon "evolution" as we know it (you know, your Pokemon hit level XX and has evolved *play victory music*) could be remnants of Mew's ability to change into a different species (though more one directional, but still the individual Pokemon improves itself by going through a metaphorical process that's different from it simply growing up and going through a life cycle).

That's what I always thought too.

But is the egg with the first chicken considered the first chicken egg or is it considered the "last" proto-chicken egg? Also, technically, the egg predates the chicken (and all birds) by millions of years.
It would be considered a chicken egg since its no longer a proto chicken.

Actually it probably wouldn't have been the "last proto-chicken egg" either. Let's say a proto chicken lays a new full of eggs. A mutation occurs in ONE of the eggs turning it into the first chicken egg which hatches into a chicken. There's still a nest of other eggs that'll become proto chickens and they'll probably still go on to lay proto chicken eggs. However the genetic mutation is still within them and as they breed they'll pass down the mutation so some of their eggs may mutate into chicken eggs. And the ones who are already chickens would probably just automatically have their offspring be chickens since the DNA between the proto and normal chicken are probably so in common that the additional mutation becomes a dominant gene. So over time its not that the first chicken is the last proto chicken egg, but rather the last proto chicken egg means after thousands of years the mutation has taken hold the proto chicken have evolved into the modern day chicken.
[/quote]

Aditya.A:
Mew To Ditto: I don't think Ditto is a failed Mew clone, but hey could very well be the com mon closest to Mew. To me the explanation for Ditto's relation to Mew is one of these two theories:

1. Ditto are descendents of Mew who lived in VERY chaotic environments that simply one form couldn't survive in. In order to survive they needed to no only retain the ability to shapeshift, but also simplify themselves since simple organisms are generally better survivors than complex organisms. Thus Mew became Ditto, creatures who are able to shift their DNA around to better fit their environment (and it came with an addition benefit of being able to breed with anything that can be bred with, which could have also been intentional as finding a suitable mate in a chaotic environment is a bit difficult so its better to be able to take what you can get).
2. Ditto are descendents of malfunctioning Mews. Being these are mutations we're dealing with, not all of them work out. Infact not only don't some work out (and thus die off, looking at you Fossil Pokemon; you're extinct or a reason!) but some Mew may even have a defect which results their mutation trigger activating without any proper environmental influence and their body breaks down into a pile of DNA which retains its ability to shapeshift but lost its ability to evolve into another species. However becoming Ditto made them great survivors, able to breed with anything (and possibly can create more Ditto by cell division even more easily than Manaphy) so it wasn't a total lost. Of course, I also hold a believe that while many become Ditto, a very small margin can possibly become a Mewtwo, but that's a theory for another time (and I explained elsewhere on this thread).

But of course, just as a Mewtwo can be artificially created, nothing is saying that the scientists that made the Mewtwo we all know didn't create a few failures resulting in Ditto thus explaining their appearance in the mansions. Though those Ditto would not be the same as normal Ditto, being technically clones but since they're just mounds of Mew DNA it probably doesn't really matter that much.
Mew To Earth: As I mentioned above I wouldn't be surprised if Arceus gave Mew the ability to travel through space (and maybe even dimensions) since that's a whole lot of emptiness to have nothing in it.

Or it is created by Arceus :P

Pokemon that came elsewhere from the universe ? We have Clefairy, Clefable, Jirachi and Deoxys with Solrock and Lunatone being possibilities.

One more mystery: Moon Stone evolutions doesn't really make sense when you think about it. Except for Clefairy -> Clefable, the others are unintuitive. I mean, who would have guessed you needed a Moon Stone to evolve Jigglypuff, the Nidos, Skitty and Munna?
Here's a list of space and dimensional Pokemon, you got most of them but forgot the Elgyem family (and Unown being from a different dimension). As I was talking about Mews in space (~We're Mews out in space~We're zooming along~protecting the Pokemon race~), I do think the Pokemon home planet is the Pokemon World (its at least where Arceus chose to set up base initially). But Mew were allowed to venture through space and evolve into alien Pokemon. Some went to the moon and became species like Clefairy and Lunatone while others went into deep space and became Elgyem and Deoxys (or at least came in contact with the proto elements that would combine into Deoxys, probably coming together due to being exposed to Mew). And some even went into other dimensions and became Unown (and maybe even Hoopa).

As for the "earthly" Pokemon who evolve via the Moon Stone, I have no idea. It could just so happen that these stones from the moon gives off a radiation that just so happen evolve these Pokemon. I doubt these Pokemon originated from the moon and somehow hopped down back to the Pokemon Planet, the "earthly" ones who evolve with Moon Stones doesn't look like they'd be able to travel through space. I can go on with the theories but at that point I would be stretching for answers. *shrugs*

Norne:
Junichi Masuda said Ditto was based (or at least partially based) on the yellow smiley emoticon. I would also think it has some inspiration from either an amoeba and, stretching here, maybe a bit of a blob/slime monster unlike the ones from Dragon Quest.

As for Arceus just being thought of as the creator by the people of Sinnoh, I guess that's possible and a funny though (especially with the direction this discussion went). We've seen other civilizations worshiping different powerful Pokemon as if they were deities. Johto had the Tower Duo to at least the people in Ecruteak City, Hoenn has the Draconids who worships Lord Rayquaza, and Unova had people an ancient civilization which was based around the Tao Dragons. Kanto and Kalos don't seem to have people who worshiped any super powerful Pokemon (despite Kalos possibly having two of the most powerful Pokemon).

Though it could be possible that Legendary Pokemon don't really care that much what people believe as they know what's true. Go ahead and worship your local Legendary, they know who's the true boss. But is that true boss Arceus or maybe an even higher being?

Vader_the_White:
Keen observation. If I had to guess it's only "said" because some Pokemon (in particular the Legendaries) are too difficult or even get a DNA sample to test it out (heck, Mew DNA samples are probably rare and most scientists may just have notes about what it was composed of. And who knows how accurate those are as those tests were probably done with now outdated equipment which gave less data and these scientists who wrote it were probably the same ones who made Mewtwo so who knows if they were even sane).

Let's move onto another topic:

Yeah, I always found that odd but until brought up here I didn't really think much of it. Don't know why they have such high levels. Well, Deino and Larvesta makes sense with it being the signature Pokemon of the main villain (as well as a psuedo-Legendary) and the Champion, but Pawniard, Mienfoo, and Vullaby? Even if they're obtained later in game doesn't really explain it, if anything wouldn't that mean they would evolve earlier so maybe let players be able to use their final stages against the Pokemon League?[/quote]

Most of that just sounds like headcannon and role playing material, except the emoticon thingy.

I really think of the creation trio as nothing more than just interdimensional beings treated like Gods by a bunch of impressionable farmers akin to the tao trio being some sort of severed being from a meteorite that followed a human, Or ancient pokemon that influence weather patterns following a rock to gain power, or two birds with roosting towers. Just simple pokemon with loads of power that made plebs and their rattatas awe on the ancient times to the point of gaining recognition as something divine despite their common nature as pokemon.

As far as evolutionary stuff I kinda feel that since unova is the region with the least amount of wilderness, it could have influenced in how pokemon that originated from it evolved, just like what happens with smog and the development of worms getting their pupa stage delayed if they consume high levels of tar from leaves. Specially on pokemon that seem to have ancient or endemic traits such as larvesta and hydreigon or present monogender like mandibuzz, anyways this region made a lot of focus in segregated habitats while for example Sinnoh focused to an extent in natural barriers and isolation of species, up to our beloved gastrodon and multiple populations of bidoof and friends.

Last edited:
I think there's something about Unova that makes it a much more hostile environment than the other regions. In Unova, you can find fully evolved Pokemon in the wild, such as Politoed and Sunflora. Unova also hosts the generation with the latest evolution cycles.

Theory in the hide.
I've noticed how Pokemon found on certain routes rarely are encountered with their previous or later evolution. For example, you'll find Weedle/Kakuna in Viridian forest, but not Beedrill. I theorize that evolution functions differently when a Pokemon travels with a trainer. When bred in captivity, the offspring winds up in an egg instead of being birthed by their natural process. Likewise, it may be possible for a naturally born Pokemon to be at a certain level other than 1. You don't find level 2-5 Pokemon on later routes, after all. In the case of Unova, something about the center of the region seems fishy, considering the generation 5 evolution cycles.

I have an interesting subject about humans in the pokeverse: where did WE come from?

The best answer I have is that we were imported from some other universe.

My reasoning behind humans coming from... elsewhere is simple: Aside from humans, all fauna in the pokeverse is pokemon- heck some of the flora are pokemon too. Let's also not forget that Arceus (aka: GOD) is a pokemon too. Not to mention there are alien pokemon too (Deoxys is the only one confirmed, but the Clefairy line and Elgyem line are heavily hinted to not originate from poke Earth). The in universe theory that pokmon as a whole come from space is debunked when you realize fossil pokemon exist.

Let's also not forget mating habits. Unless you are a Legendary or unown, you can find some way to pass on your genes to almost any other pokemon. It may not be in one generation or two, but eventually you are going to find a way to get a Dragonite to pass its genes onto a Skitty. On the other hand, there are no mentions of human/pokemon hybrids inside any pokemon canon, save maybe Reburst or Bill's screw up of an experiment, meaning that we aren't compatible. Also, all known pokemon hatch from eggs. Do you know who doesn't hatch from eggs in the pokeverse?

And last but not least, you cannot put a human in a pokeball.

Any other theories?
Japanese D/P/Pt outright mentions that humans used to marry Pokémon, and mentions a creature that is both Pokémon and human, donning the guise of each one during either when it sleeps and when it awakens.

My theory is that we split off from humanoid Pokémon, such as Gardevoir and Machoke. Possibly even evolved from ape-like Pokémon such as in the real world. But if the theory that humans were "imported" from another world is true, it can only be possible if Hoopa, Arceus or Dialga (with) Palkia did so. Dialga and Palkia can bend time and space, together using powers similar to Hoopa's. And Arceus presumably created all three, thus having the same power.

I think there's something about Unova that makes it a much more hostile environment than the other regions. In Unova, you can find fully evolved Pokemon in the wild, such as Politoed and Sunflora. Unova also hosts the generation with the latest evolution cycles.

Theory in the hide.
I've noticed how Pokemon found on certain routes rarely are encountered with their previous or later evolution. For example, you'll find Weedle/Kakuna in Viridian forest, but not Beedrill. I theorize that evolution functions differently when a Pokemon travels with a trainer. When bred in captivity, the offspring winds up in an egg instead of being birthed by their natural process. Likewise, it may be possible for a naturally born Pokemon to be at a certain level other than 1. You don't find level 2-5 Pokemon on later routes, after all. In the case of Unova, something about the center of the region seems fishy, considering the generation 5 evolution cycles.
Total crackpot theory here, but maybe the late evolutions are just a very very subtle (and, if true, incredibly smart) satire of American conservatism.

:
I would say the only Pokemon without any direct evolutionary connection as we can figure with Mew is Arceus, Creation Dragons and the Lake Guardians (though Ho-Oh created the Beast Trio, it created them from other Pokemon so they still contain Mew DNA within them). With that said, I wouldn't be surprised to hear if other Legendaries like the Weather Trio and Mortality Duo were also created by Arceus as they seem to have very definite "jobs". And like with Pokemon who's origin are manmade/objects given life, I would also question if whether the Tower Duo and Tao Dragons were evolved from Mew due to their BST being 680. However for other Legendary Pokemon I would say you can possibly connect them from having evolved from Mew.
I'm probably entering into wild speculation, so I'm just going to leave this spoiler here. And run away. Screaming.

See, my personal belief is that Arceus created Unown (its 1,000 arms), the Creation Trio, and the Lake Guardians. But look closely at the Lake Guardians, then at Mew. They look identical except for three key differences: the color of the body, the head adornments of the trio, and their unusual tails. Mew basically looks like an underdeveloped or premature sibling to the Lake Guardians. So I think that Arceus created Mew in the same Egg that birthed the other three. This would've been after the Creation Trio was born, but maybe possibly before Unown.

And I would say that most Legendaries evolved from Mew, except for rare cases like Celebi (clearly related to Dialga somehow) and Hoopa, which seems to have the Powers of all three members of the Creation Trio. My headcanon on that is that due to Giratina's rampaging, Dialga and Palkia pooled their power into Hoopa Confined, who trapped Giratina in the Distortion World, but some antimatter clung to him and corrupted him into the Dark type Hoopa Unbound, who was evil and trapped Dialga and Palkia in their own pocket dimensions along with Unown. Somehow (in my headcanon, it was the Lake Guardians using their jewels in a way similar to the Red Chain), the Prison Bottle was formed and Hoopa was separated from its dark power, reverting back to Hoopa Confined.

Last edited:
I have a theory if no ones brought it up yet, I'm starting on page 39 and I refuse to take a step back and would rather repeat a theory than search for one person who might have posted something similar.

During ORAS, Phoebes grandmother dies and during the elite four talk with her the first time you pass through a girl will appear at certain points. I theorize that her grandmother died and wanted to check on her and the hero of the story one last time before she truly could move on. Anywhere else it would look like tinfoil, but we are talking about the ghost typed elite four trainer linked to mount pyre.

I have a theory if no ones brought it up yet, I'm starting on page 39 and I refuse to take a step back and would rather repeat a theory than search for one person who might have posted something similar.

During ORAS, Phoebes grandmother dies and during the elite four talk with her the first time you pass through a girl will appear at certain points. I theorize that her grandmother died and wanted to check on her and the hero of the story one last time before she truly could move on. Anywhere else it would look like tinfoil, but we are talking about the ghost typed elite four trainer linked to mount pyre.
I don't remember phoebe's grandmother dieing. Could you provide some proof? (I checked bulbapedia and couldn't find anything, but I could totally just be not looking in the right places)

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Phoebe#Pok.C3.A9mon_Omega_Ruby_and_Alpha_Sapphire_2

Mt. Pyre
  • After completing the Delta Episode
"...I know, right?! ...Uh-huh. ...Uh-huh-uh-huh. ...Ahahaha! You're always joking around! ...Uh-huh, got it. ...OK, I'll be back!"
"Oh? You... What are you doing in a place like this?

Training: "Hmmm, I see. I usually train here. Today I had planned to come see my grandma here, though. Well, good luck with your training! See you in the Pokémon League!"
Paying respects: "Oh, I see. That must be why my grandma was talking about you earlier. It looks like you made a lasting impression on my grandma. Well, I guess I'll be on my way. See you in the Pokémon League!"
Take a visit to the summit of mount pyre, you'll find Phoebe around the left set of graves

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)