NOC Fallout New Vegas NOC [GAME OVER - Wastelanders Win]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really, since we're way past the stage of starting discussion (also there's the fact that as i've said before I've always been against no lynch? literally makes no sense for me as mafia to be like, "well i guess i will lie and pretend to like no lynch that will really get me village points!!!!").

I'm worried that Serious Bananas is getting by with the bare minimum in posts but I'm feeling pretty meh on that for now.
This is true but it's more because /effort then anything else.

I did reread Lightwolf's wall again though and while I'm mostly okay with the content of the Spiffy vote, I do feel like he's kind of rehashing the same point over and over. I also found the comment about moi not being clean because he could be third party really odd? It feels really unnecessary I guess, and I feel like being paranoid of third parties instead of the actual mafia on Day 1 is kind of odd, since the mafia would probably be trying harder to find them then the town would.

I also feel like ButteredToast's stance on Jalmont is kind of odd.

Von's post about this is the kind of dumb shit he does and it ruins games makes me want to change my mind and go after a real target. It would suck to try to hunt for info for 12+ pages and just end up lynching a power village role. But at the same time, I don't see him as contributing greater strategy to us as a unit in the future. Nor am I sure Von isn't covering for Jalmont because he's possibly pissed he got stuck on a team with him knowing he'll screw it up.
It feels like Buttered is trying too hard to justify staying on the vote, even though he's kind of admitting the reasons he wants to vote him aren't that great anymore but because he doesn't think Jalmont will be useful he's fine with voting the slot anyway? And the point about Von covering up for him doesn't really hold up either because he would had to hope that 13 other players didn't call him out on his bullshit if he was lying. I also don't really remember him having any other significant content that wasn't about Jalmont, which is kind of weird if he doesn't even seem to be that sure of it.

Unvote whoever (Celever?)
Vote ButteredToast

Fatecrashers

acta est fabula
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
also cancerous the reason i mocked you earlier is because people like spiffy and jalmont jumped on you for posting a summary for amianki, which looked to them like scummy busywork, so your response was 'hey no i have been contributing as well, look at the pointless busywork i'm getting amianki to do'
i don't know if it's the language barrier or something, but i don't think anything else he posted after that amounted to much either, the most significant observation he came up with was that spiffy likes my posts?

so haunted diamond if you were looking for a reason, i guess it would be that cancerous was trying to skate by with the bare minimum even after getting called out for no contributions

unvote jalmont
vote cancerous

I'm not sure if there is much significant content on anyone but Jalmont for me to talk about. I feel we kind of beat the Jalmont thing to it's conclusion now anyways and he said his peace. More conversation isn't really going to change my opinion on him and his actions. It's weird and I don't get it, but it seems he does things that are weird and no one gets. I'm keeping my vote on him because I don't have a better person to change it to. I don't see anything significant on anyone else besides Ullar and Cancerous, but inactivity on Ullar just means he is a non-devoted player and the evidence on Cancerous is strange and I'd jump on that if more people say "yeah there's something to it."

So yeah. My evidence on Jalmont isn't the best. But I got nothing better at the moment. I only voted him because I wanted to hear more, but he kept to the same weird story. Honestly I am probably going to see where the votes lie closer to deadline and decide between the popularly considered candidates. But right now I feel that Jalmont should be considered in this list of possible targets based on his strange play/rationale in this game and negative reviews. Along with Cancerous and Ullar. And whoever else we deem as being the most suspicious.

If you have any questions for me Serious Bananas, feel free to ask. Or if anyone has questions for me.

Yeah, I think deadline will have to be extended again. I'm contacting the subs right now, once we find a sub the game will run for another 24 hours before deadline, hopefully giving the sub a chance to get into the game first. Day 1 has lasted almost 7 days so far, so we do need to close it out soon.

The day ends at either deadline or when majority is reached. When the day ends through deadline being reached, the player with the most votes will be lynched.

Edit: Cancerous is sitting at 5 votes right now, majority is 8.

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
We've got a good flow of discussion going rn, and I don't want to break it by posting another tl;dr responding to Spiffy. We can continue this tomorrow if you want Spiffy, or later should discussion suddenly die down.

Spiffy, would you mind posting your thoughts on Cancerous early? I will do so as well, but I need to analyse his posts first x_x

Wall of text incoming (sorry):

Just so you guys know my process for this, I put the players of this game into a list and typed comments/things I noticed about them next to their name. Then I tried to reformat it into paragraphs to make it easier to read.

I am excluding Celever because you all know how I feel about him. As much as I have talked about him, I don't think he's the best target for today's lynch. He does seem genuine (though extremely misguided) in his most recent posts. If he continues to not participate to a level he is capable of, I will reconsider.

This is going to be more of a "things I noticed the second time around" post. It might jump around a lot depending on how much I feel like reformatting when I'm finished.

Going into this, I am trying to pay special attention to users: Fatecrashers, ButteredToast, Serious Bananas, and Haunted Diamond, as I noticed that I have largely ignored these players up until now.

Ullar
- Reassures multiple times that he is going to put thought into his lynch vote. Asks to sub out before saying anything else. Kinda frustrating.

Haunted Diamond
- Something weird I noticed: In post #52 he bandwagons the Jalmont vote with no reason other than "obv mafia", which isn't really a big deal since it's so early on and Jalmont was acting really weird. But when Ullar says he looks bad for bandwagoning, he immediately makes an excuse saying "I just woke up" in post #56.
- I'm now noticing that the entirety of his posts are asking why people won't vote for Jalmont. Don't know why I didn't notice this before. I am up to post #178 and this still rings true. He literally talks about nothing else.
- It's post #313 and still nothing new. Take note of how he excuses Fatecrashers for some reason that makes absolutely no sense.
- Note in post #324 how he doesn't understand the Cancerous lynch.
- Post #332 pulls a complete 180 and jumps on the Cancerous bandwagon right after Fatecrashers. His only justification is "I read some of his posts" and "there's something there". This is A HUGE RED FLAG.

Jalmont
- First half of the game he is largely absent and just spews no lynch BS which he later retracts. Adds nothing further to the discussion.
- The latter half of the game he defends the onslaught of people calling him out for his sudden change of heart. A key difference between him and the other players on the defensive is that he is an active member in other discussions and isn't only concerned with how he comes off to everyone else, which is +townie points.

vonFiedler
- His early contributions consist mainly of troll posts and his argument with moi. I honestly feel like the foundation of the argument was based on misunderstandings. Doesn't really contribute much else.
- Doesn't say much else until his feud with Jalmont which, although not game-related, piqued my interest because vonFiedler only seems to be active when he is fighting with someone.
- Says he's going to give my posts an examination but hasn't posted anything of the sort. Empty promises vonFielder!!!

ButteredToast
- His post #27 strikes a chord with me. He refrains from voting in RVS (I assume he just hasn't really played much NOC) and says that he is going to keep an eye on who is the least helpful. I disagree with this logic. Is he implying that the least helpful people will be mafia? Because that's just not true and it's weird to limit your criteria to that. A good mafia will try to appear helpful.
- Post #86 seems really genuine and seems to come from a concerned villager. There would not really be any motivation for mafia to point this out.
- Thought his reads in post #104 seemed to jump to conclusions a little but seemed fine for such a weighted question early on.
- Weirdly and unnecessarily defensive of moi in post #105 and earlier. I always think it's odd when I see one player defend another early on. You don't really have a foundation of earlier posts from moi, so why would you jump to his aid so willingly when we know literally nothing about him?
- Already explained how I felt post #216 seems there only to seem innocent and to pacify whoever was pressuring him, like "Sorry if I come across like this, but I am trying my best".
- His "change of heart" with Fatecrashers in post 251.

PokeguyNXB
- Still standing by that I wasn't kidding about voting for him for the way he worded his RVS vote. His mention of using random.org for his RVS vote makes him seem not to want to step on anyone's toes.
- His few responses to questions just seem like he's at a loss for something to say. Doesn't seem as panicky as I would expect him to be if he were mafia.
- I find it peculiar that one of the very few times he speaks up on his own is to vote for me. You still haven't adequately answered this question PokeguyNXB:
Spiffy said:
What part of my aggression is scummy to you? It would be easier to explain if you would cite some evidence. I have been aggressive in trying to get everyone talking, but look at literally every game I have played and you will see that I always try to pressure the inactives into sharing their opinions. (I think this is what you mean by me being aggressive? Again, please cite a post that gives you this vibe)
LightWolf
- Has made one relevant post and that's it. Not nearly enough to make a read off of, but it does seem like normal LightWolf to me. I want more participation from him. I have responded to and asked him to clarify his criticisms of me but have gotten no response yet.

sunny004
- Post #135 doesn't even try to participate and just asks for a vote count. I read this as trying to see who had the most votes, thinking he could just get away with piling on.
- Votes for LightWolf after I prod him to say something, which to me just makes him seem lazy and uninterested. Not indicative of alignment.

Cancerous
- Already explained what I found scummy about his post #180. "Hey look this is a good opportunity to look helpful and active let me take advantage of it". It wouldn't be so bad if he hadn't been completely silent for like four pages before this.
- Cancerous' later attempts to contribute after being called out aren't really well thought out/don't make much sense to me. This itself isn't really indicative of alignment, just inexperience.

Fatecrashers
- Like Haunted Diamond, most of his posts revolve around Jalmont's no lynch gambit and not much else. Not really proactively scumhunting or considering other players.
- A little later on starts to question Cancerous kind of indirectly/sarcastically but doesn't vote for him.
- His post #275 in response to von acknowledges his total focus on Jalmont but does not make an effort to comment about other aspects of the game (other than the recent Cancerous thing)
- Post #328 flips his vote to Cancerous. There is precedent for him finding Cancerous scummy. However, this could be scumcrashers realizing that the Jalmont wagon is losing traction and jumping on to the one gaining momentum.

moi/Amianki
- I mentioned early on that I thought moi's post #79 was hyper-defensive for such little pressure on him, but ultimately I think he came off well in the argument he had with vonFielder. Just seems like he hasn't played NOC before.
- Amianki seems like one of those players that frequents mafiascum that intimidate me and I have no idea how to read. I am not satisfied with his answers to my questions and he still hasn't answered this (post #257 for reference):
Spiffy said:
I don't understand how this philosophy can work with the "strong town voting block" philosophy you discussed with Jalmont earlier. How can the town work as a cohesive unit if some people aren't contributing or sharing the reasons for their reads?
Serious Bananas
- Jumps on moi early on because he ignored von's post. It was pretty clear to me that moi just misunderstood von's sarcasm. It's like the second page though so I don't see a problem with pressuring this.
- Something I noticed about his post #175 is that the players he talks about are the ones that were the most inactive, and he says nothing about the players contributing. Why only give your thoughts about the players not contributing. Focusing on the inactive/newer players so he doesn't have to receive pressure from more active/experienced?
- Wow the next post I noticed of his was #317 where he does the exact same thing: only focuses on inactives

rssp1
- Buddies Jalmont slightly in post #58. He also kind of speaks for others in this post, explaining their reasoning to Haunted Diamond when no one said anything pertaining to his explanation, which was kind of off.
- Other than this, nothing sticks out to me. Probably my most confident town read.

Read carefully my comments on users: Haunted Diamond and Fatecrashers. After rereading the thread, I am fairly certain that one or both of Haunted Diamond and Fatecrashers is mafia. Their games thus far have been extremely similar and lacking in content. They both focus solely on Jalmont, who they consider to be the easiest mislynch, until people start to cool down on him. Then they both switch to Cancerous. Haunted Diamond's switch is particularly scummy. Additionally, Haunted Diamond makes unfounded accusations but excuses Fatecrashers from them for some reason.

Vote Haunted Diamond
I'm willing to vote for either him or Fatecrashers as I think they are both scum.

The universal support for a Cancerous lynch worries me. Especially since both of these guys are on his wagon.

If I had to rank everyone from scummiest to cleanest, it would be:
Haunted Shadow
Fatecrashers
Celever
Serious Bananas
Cancerous
PokeguyNXB
ButteredToast
vonFiedler
sunny004
Jalmont
moi/Amianki
rssp1
Spiffy

I didn't include LightWolf or Ullar as they have not contributed enough for me to get a proper read on them.

Spiffy, that is a really good analysis and overview of everything that's gone on. Literally am going to print out this post and add it to my notes. Also think that this should serve for the summary for whoever subs Ullar out. Really am impressed.

Fatecrashers : I'm sure that you have some notes and other general observations like spiffy has. And you've been kind of oddly reserved in a lot of the things you have said. Very quick votes, posts, and questions. Any way I can get you to post something of a similar format to Spiffy's views within the next few hours for another opinion? Especially since you're high on Spiffy's suspission of mafia.

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
Oh, interesting. Haunted Shadow is now your number 1 scum read? But I thought...
I am satisfied with Haunted Diamond's contributions thus far.
Nice to see how much you were reading into and thinking about my defense earlier!

Anyway, I'm sorta tempted to join you on the HS lynch. I'd expressed earlier that I was displeased with him (which is what made you say the above remark) so a bit of pressure couldn't hurt. Though at the same time sunny HAS been pressured and still hasn't done shit. He's still my top scum read, soooooooo I'm gonna keep voting for him n_n.

Spiffy, why have you ranked sunny as the 5th most likely town? Honestly it seems like it's there just to take a jab at me, because your comments for the likes of ButteredToast and Pokeguy are a lot better than what you said about sunny. Also confused as to why they are lower than von, who was fairly scummy in your eyes (you were literally talking about how fighting is a useful scum tactic yesterday). I'd like a little more explanation with your reads please.

For me scummiest to towniest with a few bits of explanation:
sunny ~ Has been pressured for not contributing, still isn't contributing. Seems like his more experienced scummies told him not to panic at any cost, so instead he's being as calm as possible and NOT contributing to overcompensate for the claims against him. Plus if he's not gonna do shit anyway it's a less risky option than taking out a potentially useful contributor.
Haunted Diamond ~ Has kept contribution to a minimum, focusing on key points of discussion and not branching out his opinions. He half-heartedly tunneled Jalmont for most of Day 1 (but not too much so as to not draw masses of attention to himself) and then, like Spiffy pointed out, randomly hopped on the Cancerous bw to try and lynch him. I'd definitely be OK with his lynch today, and I expressed a want for him to do more before Spiffy posted the read, so this isn't copying him :v.
Spiffy ~ Infidelity with who he attacks and his overall opinions, general passive-aggressiveness, and contributing "just for the sake of it". By which I mean I sort of get the tone from his posts that he's just posting thoughts on a bunch of irrelevant players and topics so that he can then say "LOOK GUYS I'M DOING SOMETHING I'M POSTING ABOUT THIS GUY AND STOPPING DISCUSSION!" He actually literally said "notice how I'm tunneling Celever AND talking about other players at the same time? Wow!" in one of his posts. IDK, that's just the general feel I'm getting from it, and it's needless to say that this isn't a great tone to have. Your last post was pretty good and definitely expressed some good opinions, but I'm concerned about the seeming contradictions between your list of eventual scum~town and your notes. It doesn't seem to add up...
Pokeguy ~ Seems like he's trying to fly under the radar a bit. He knows that he'll probably panic if he starts getting attacked with arguments, so he's trying to stay away from them. I've never seen Pokeguy think like this as a townie before, so I'm keeping a close eye on him for now. I'm also giving him the BOD though, because it could easily be a playstyle adaptation from his previous games.
Everyone not specifically listed ~ Yeah, I wish I had more opinions, but I don't really. I have noticed things pertaining to some of the players in this group, but I don't even know if they are good or bad yet.
rssp1 ~ Extremely good, solid Day 1, and someone who I think I can pretty safely invest my trust into. I'm obviously not going to stop analysing his posts for possible scumslips/scummy tactics, but I'll be pretty shocked if I find anything too bad there.

This should do for now n_n. I'm gonna keep voting for sunny because he's my biggest scum read, but if a Haunted lynch picks up I'll throw my support in there too.

Wayan Vistar

formerly Flyhn
I apologize for not answering your question before Spiffy

The answer is... idk. That's why I unvoted you. And thanks to your analysis, I know who to lynch. Lynch Haunted Diamond for all the reasons listed above. I'm sorry if following without adding much seems scummy, but this vote is the one I'm most comfortable with atm.

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Whatever you've posted in the past Spiffy there's not much to say about it in the face of your new post. I think most of what you've said is very reasonable and you beat me to the connection between Haunted and Fatecrashers. I was interested in a Fatecrashers lynch before, but with people going after Haunted I think that's a fair vote too. We'll see how our logic holds up when he flips.

Unvote
Vote Haunted.Diamond

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)