Project OU Theorymon [Voting: Check Post #3272]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forretress + Water Absorb

Would you vote for Mega Tyranitar, something that is only as strong as a grain of sand due to its ability Sand Force? NO!

Would you vote for Mega Sceptile, our new technician, that becomes paralysed in fear simply by the mention of imaginary creatures like electric genies and living key rings? NO!

Would you vote for Tangrowth, a living jungle that has rocks all over it that could scrape its own feet and make it trip over itself? NO!

Would you vote for a big round friendly bag of worms that would absorb all the water in a flooding, eat all kinds of intruding bugs and trash your lousy, noisy, annoying neighbor with every possible entry hazards?

ABSOLUTELY!!!

VOTE FOR ME!

Wow. Much bling. Such bug. Very absorb.

mega sceptile + technician

i dunno why you wouldnt just pick tyrantrum over a sand force tyranitar since it hits harder and no mega slot + same dd set with less than 7 weaknesses, same speed tier and same coverage options

and reaches important kos like:
+1 252+ Atk Life Orb Tyrantrum Head Smash vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 285-335 (85.3 - 100.2%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

Last edited:
mega sceptile + technician

i dunno why you wouldnt just pick tyrantrum over a sand force tyranitar since it hits harder and no mega slot + same dd set with less than 7 weaknesses, same speed tier and same coverage options

and reaches important kos like:
+1 252+ Atk Life Orb Tyrantrum Head Smash vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 285-335 (85.3 - 100.2%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
t-tar's absurd 100-150-120 Bulk, and pursuit trapping. remeber, setup isn't possible if you die in one hit!

t-tar's absurd 100-150-120 Bulk, and pursuit trapping. remeber, setup isn't possible if you die in one hit!
tyrantrum takes hits with its 82/119/59 defenses but yea true it has really nice special bulk in comparison. just sucks that its compounded by a ton of weaknesses that become much more scary once the 5 turns of sand runs out. would you run pursuit trapping on a dd set btw? I dunno if that would work or not. but yea i agree tyranitar has some great bulk

tyrantrum takes hits with its 82/119/59 defenses but yea true it has really nice special bulk in comparison. just sucks that its compounded by a ton of weaknesses that become much more scary once the 5 turns of sand runs out. would you run pursuit trapping on a dd set btw? I dunno if that would work or not. but yea i agree tyranitar has some great bulk
I don't think that worth it. Sand Forcde doesn't power up Pursuit over Stone Edge as the primary STAB, and if T-Tar's forcing a switch, he probably wants that turn more for set-up with DD than to nail a mon on its way out.

Idk why Technician on Mega Scep seems good, it only has HP for a good Tech boosted move, and don't say Mega Drain because Giga Drain is still stronger... If anyone knows why enlighten me.

Idk why Technician on Mega Scep seems good, it only has HP for a good Tech boosted move, and don't say Mega Drain because Giga Drain is still stronger... If anyone knows why enlighten me.
I think it's mainly due to its wide variety of physical moves getting a Technician boost (Dual Chop, Bullet Seed, Low Kick, Pursuit and many more) which gives Mega Sceptile a way to become a somewhat effective physical sweeper with SD, STABs and coverage (can even be Hidden Power) since it has phenomenal speed and a usable base 110 Atk.

If not using a physical variant, there's also Dragon Breath that gets the Technician boost and becomes a tad stronger than D-Pulse while also having a nice 30% chance of paralysis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)