The Everything some hero (NFL) Thread - 2015-16 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Luck is already the best quarterback in the NFL, a guranteed HoFamer and will probably end up in the argument of the best ever along with Brady, Peyton and Rodgers. You should consider yourself lucky if Bortles is still in the league in 3 years.
I'm sorry but Tom Brady is still in the NFL so Luck isn't the best. As much as I love Luck, he's only entering year 4 and you say he's the best. Isn't that a bit soon? Tom Brady has been playing for like 15 years and Peyton Manning has in the league for close to 20 years(Manning will probably retire soon tho) and they still are great QBs. Andrew Luck is 25 and you say he's better? Does he have the potential to be better? Absolutely. Is he there yet? No.
And what's with the Bortles hate? He's the franchise QB for the Jags. He's not going anywhere. He'll play for 10+ years barring injuries or a majorly underwhelming season. He's entering year 2, he's more than likely going to improve. The only way he's leaving is if he gets worse or stays the same and neither is gonna happen. Jags going 7-9 or 8-8 and then it's only uphill
EDIT: Andrew Luck is entering year 4, not 5. Mb. Point still stands tho

Last edited:

Dave

formerly Stone Cold
is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Five-Time Past WCoP Champion
And the year before two were 12-4 respectively. And there was a time when every team in the NFC West was <.500 as well. The Panthers have legit a good team, we are literally a left tackle a way from being a legitimate Superbowl contender - (go after Collins plz lmao). I didn't dislike our draft because they fit our playstyle and because the tackle prospects weren't that great. We got the type of players that fit our team and Gettleman has only been a hit thus far. :)

We put together the pieces on our team that can challenge teams like Seattle and upper tier teams with maybe THE best LB corps in the NFL now :) I am /excited/ for our team and not to mention, the second half of the NFL season our O-Line has almost no errors, LT is our only position of need and even then Oher is an UPGRADE even if it isn't much of one, it'll suffice for now. We still have a damn good YOUNG o-line who were amazing the last half of the season and gave cam days to throw. He's also going to be healthy, he was beat up last year because he was also ridden with surgery, injury and car accidents. I expect the panthers to really step it up this year - especially if funchess can come into his own as a number 2. :)

I'm sorry but Tom Brady is still in the NFL so Luck isn't the best. As much as I love Luck, he's only entering year 5 and you say he's the best. Isn't that a bit soon? Tom Brady has been playing for like 15 years and Peyton Manning has in the league for close to 20 years(Manning will probably retire soon tho) and they still are great QBs. Andrew Luck is 25 and you say he's better? Does he have the potential to be better? Absolutely. Is he there yet? No.
And what's with the Bortles hate? He's the franchise QB for the Jags. He's not going anywhere. He'll play for 10+ years barring injuries or a majorly underwhelming season. He's entering year 2, he's more than likely going to improve. The only way he's leaving is if he gets worse or stays the same and neither is gonna happen. Jags going 7-9 or 8-8 and then it's only uphill
you're new here so i will give you a tip - but before that -

Luck is entering year 4. :)

Two, it's Some Hero. He always says stupid shit. Just laugh at it and have fun w/ it, most people ignore it. Nbd.

Last edited by a moderator:

Two, it's Some Hero. He always says stupid shit. Just laugh at it and have fun w/ it, most people ignore it. Nbd.
Yeah ik about some hero saying stupid shit but I feel obligated to call him out because I can't stand stupid :x
Also, whoops I can't math

xJownage

Even pendulums swing both ways
Bortles can progress all he wants. He's not surpassing Andrew Luck. They need a defense first. Until then, Jags don't scare me. The only threat is Houston :x
They need a defense first. Until then, Jags don't scare me.
They need a defense first.

Okay, obviously you haven't watched a single second of jaguars football the past year. You have no idea what our defense did for the team in a year when we played tons of good offenses and gave them 35+ minutes of time of possesion. Besides single-handedly keeping us in a fuckton of games, they were unhealthy throuought the year, lacked their leader (paul posluvsny), and yet still were very good until they were tired out each and every game. If you watched just a little bit of jaguars games, you would see how good this defense is at containing opponents without ANY fucking help.

So yeah, when we actually "git gud" (i.e. right now) we are going to come after your disrespectful ass and punch you in the mouth so hard your gonna have to stick a toothbrush up your ass to brush your teeth. Thank you and shut the fuck up.

WE'RE COMING AFTER YOUR ASS.

Okay, obviously you haven't watched a single second of jaguars football the past year. You have no idea what our defense did for the team in a year when we played tons of good offenses and gave them 35+ minutes of time of possesion. Besides single-handedly keeping us in a fuckton of games, they were unhealthy throuought the year, lacked their leader (paul posluvsny), and yet still were very good until they were tired out each and every game. If you watched just a little bit of jaguars games, you would see how good this defense is at containing opponents without ANY fucking help.

So yeah, when we actually "git gud" (i.e. right now) we are going to come after your disrespectful ass and punch you in the mouth so hard your gonna have to stick a toothbrush up your ass to brush your teeth. Thank you and shut the fuck up.

WE'RE COMING AFTER YOUR ASS.

Hot damn. Salty much? Ok ,without watching the Jags(I'm not gonna watch every fucking team >__>) then how did they somehow do worse than the previous year(4-12 vs 3-13) with a decent QB? I'd like you to enlighten me if I'm as ignorant as you say I am. You can't say that shit without explaining WHY I'm wrong. That's not how it works. It's not my fault this division is ass except for the Colts. I'm not trying to sound prideful at all about my team but this division just isn't competitive. However, I'd like to know how they only won 3 games if they're so good. I'm not gonna lie, they had a great draft but can you explain last year? Again, I'm trying to be as nice as possible but this honestly puzzles me

Last edited:

xJownage

Hot damn. Salty much? Ok ,without watching the Jags(I'm not gonna watch every fucking team >__>) then how did they somehow do worse than the previous year(4-12 vs 3-13) with a decent QB? I'd like you to enlighten me if I'm as ignorant as you say I am. You can't say that shit without explaining WHY I'm wrong. That's not how it works. It's not my fault this division is ass except for the Colts. I'm not trying to sound prideful at all but I'd like to know how they only won 3 games if they're so good. I'm not gonna lie, they had a great draft but can you explain last year?
I just did.

The defense isn't bad, but the offense dosen't do shit last year and the team was riddled by injuries. The defense kept them in games. The Jaguars actually played pretty well for your information, but they had a fragile mindset and their youth meant they had a hard time turning around momentum (see week 1 and a host of other games). You remember when we played you in yalls place? How our defense tore up andrew luck in the first half and caused 4 turnovers out of nowhere? Oh wait we only put up 3 points in that half so nobody cared.

I couldn't give a rats ass what you think if you haven't watched, so making the claim that they are going to be shit this year is just really rude to fans of the team. I feel offended that you decide you can purposefully bash on our team without knowing anything. Thats like saying the 2011 dolphins would be bad because they were 1-15 the previous year. Oh wait, they won the division at 11-5.

Shut the fuck up.

i'm fucking pumped for Jags football now
Oh believe me I'm intrigued because of their great draft and FA but saying that they're a "good" team before seeing any of their pickups play with them is jumping the gun. Honestly, I'm interested but I think Jags fans are overhyping it too soon.

I just did.

The defense isn't bad, but the offense dosen't do shit last year and the team was riddled by injuries. The defense kept them in games. The Jaguars actually played pretty well for your information, but they had a fragile mindset and their youth meant they had a hard time turning around momentum (see week 1 and a host of other games). You remember when we played you in yalls place? How our defense tore up andrew luck in the first half and caused 4 turnovers out of nowhere? Oh wait we only put up 3 points in that half so nobody cared.

I couldn't give a rats ass what you think if you haven't watched, so making the claim that they are going to be shit this year is just really rude to fans of the team. I feel offended that you decide you can purposefully bash on our team without knowing anything. Thats like saying the 2011 dolphins would be bad because they were 1-15 the previous year. Oh wait, they won the division at 11-5.

Shut the fuck up.
Wow. You could've explained that more nicely. Smfh. And I never once said they'll be shit next year. In fact, I was generous saying they'll go 7-9 or 8-8. I actually said they're on the rise. Just because the Jags don't have all the pieces needed to challenge the Colts doesn't mean they won't be great. This phrase of rebuilding into something great takes a few years usually. Just be fucking patient. It's the Jags' time soon. Just not now.

xJownage

Oh believe me I'm intrigued because of their great draft and FA but saying that they're a "good" team before seeing any of their pickups play with them is jumping the gun. Honestly, I'm interested but I think Jags fans are overhyping it too soon.
Wow. You could've explained that more nicely. Smfh. And I never once said they'll be shit next year. In fact, I was generous saying they'll go 7-9 or 8-8. I actually said they're on the rise. Just because the Jags don't have all the pieces needed to challenge the Colts doesn't mean they won't be great. This phrase of rebuilding into something great takes a few years usually. Just be fucking patient. It's the Jags' time soon. Just not now.
I never said they were going to be amazing and I am not counting the eggs before they hatch. I am taking account last season, that a team like that with a years more experience wouldve gone 6-10 or 7-9 last year.
Bortles can progress all he wants. He's not surpassing Andrew Luck. They need a defense first. Until then, Jags don't scare me. The only threat is Houston :x
"they need a defense first" definitely implies they are shit, don't suggest otherwise. Your posts are really overly supportive of your position, being a colts fan, in that you said they will go 7-9 or 8-8 but yet they have no defense and probably qualify as "ass" in your mind.

I never said they were going to be amazing and I am not counting the eggs before they hatch. I am taking account last season, that a team like that with a years more experience wouldve gone 6-10 or 7-9 last year.
"they need a defense first" definitely implies they are shit, don't suggest otherwise. Your posts are really overly supportive of your position, being a colts fan, in that you said they will go 7-9 or 8-8 but yet they have no defense and probably qualify as "ass" in your mind.
Not necessarily. Colts have a defense issue too but this team is nowhere near shit or ass. Even as a Jags fan, you have to admit that they're a dominant team. Jags less so. They addressed defensive problems in the draft, sure. They got a decent RB, okay. But considering your team's recent history, counting the eggs before hatching has been an issue for the Jags. I strongly doubt they'll break .500 but I can see a major improvement at 7-9. I'm telling you, Jags are on the rise.
Also, isn't it my job to be supportive of my team? That's what fans are supposed to do. I apologize if I sounded ignorant, I try to be a respectful user as much as I can. I think you just took my comment about the Jags not scaring me a bit too seriously. Honestly, no one else in the AFC South scares me for the time being. The closest thing is Houston but they don't have a QB. In fact, in a few years, I think every team in the division will be decent. Except the Titans. Despite Mariota and Dorial Green Beckham, I feel like they're gonna get worse.

Literally the least interesting teams' fans are clogging the thread.
The least interesting team imo is the Redskins. They didn't really do anything to fix their problems and passed on the best player in the draft. The whole life of this team is RG3 and if he's unhealthy then the Deadskins' games are gonna be a bore.

Last edited by a moderator:

xJownage

1. How are they the least interesting teams? The jaguars have made so many moves and with so much roster turnover its pure football theory which is all there is to do at this point anyways.

2. This is way fucking better then one of your god damn eli manning 4 president rants. Don't even bring up the giants. What the fuck did they even do to make their team better this offseason besides draft a few scrubs and pick up some dumbass free agents (I'm being sarcastic don't respond to that please).

Dave

formerly Stone Cold
is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Five-Time Past WCoP Champion
The same guy who in two months will say:

Eli is a first ballot HoF QB
Eli is a top 2 QB in the league
The Giants will at best go 16-0
Odell Beckham will probably surpass every record Jerry Rice holds

You do the same stuff every year, you talk big on your own team, don't talk realistic about any other team and degrade people. But I love you for it, you dream big for your team. Just don't be disrespectful to other people please.

TheValkyries

proudly reppin' 2 superbowl wins since DEFLATEGATE

The same guy who in two months will say:

Eli is a first ballot HoF QB
Eli is a top 2 QB in the league
The Giants will at best go 16-0
Odell Beckham will probably surpass every record Jerry Rice holds

You do the same stuff every year, you talk big on your own team, don't talk realistic about any other team and degrade people. But I love you for it, you dream big for your team. Just don't be disrespectful to other people please.
Bruddah take your own advice.

xJownage

It was actually the 2008 Dolphins who had that turnaround.

Also, the Dolphins had a really good draft minus the 2nd round pick which was sort of random.
Guess who else had a really good draft? The team in question, the jaguars.
but yeah idk where i got 2011 from, maybe because 11 wins?

Guess who else had a really good draft? The team in question, the jaguars.
but yeah idk where i got 2011 from, maybe because 11 wins?
The Patriots went to the Super Bowl that year :I only to get raped by some hero's savior, the Giants
Anyway, I'm gonna do power rankings of the divisions because what else to do between draft and week 1?
AFC South:
Colts(13-3 + first round bye)
This may seem obviously biased but they had some great FA signings, both offense and defense and an ok draft(Dorsett was odd but the rest was alright) and their schedule is piss easy. The only teams that I see an L to are Pats,Steelers,and Broncos. Though I have a bad feeling a choke will come off.
Houston Texans(11-5 + WC berth)
This team still lacks stability at QB but Hoyer and Mallet should be alright for now. This team is scary on defense and their offense isn't too shabby. Plus, JJ Watt.
Jacksonville Jaguars(7-9 DNQ)
See my above posts for this one. Even if it is sub .500 this would be a great improvement
Tennessee Titans(5-11 DNQ)
Mariota and Dorial Green Beckham make this otherwise boring team intriguing. Although an improvement, I have a feeling they'll stay in this 4th place position for a while. This team needs a major rework.

The entire 2008 season was just weird. Brady getting hurt, the Wildcat was born, the Titans finish with best regular season record, Brett Farve becoming a Jet, the Cardinals almost winning the SB with Kurt Warner, and probably some other things I can't even remember. Just weird...
Don't forget the Lions going 0-16. Yes they were bad but holy shit did ANYBODY expect that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)