Event Discussion

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
So for Easter (and Children's Day) Hong Kong and Taiwan are giving away a Kangaskhan... and yet not for places that celebrate Easter like the US and Europe. What? Granted its also for Children's Day (which is probably why its a Kangaskhan instead of say a Chansey/Blissey (egg) or one of the rabbit Pokemon) and it's a limited amount being handed out, but still.

And they still haven't released the Shiny Charizard here yet. TT_TT

Last edited:
So for Easter (and Children's Day) Hong Kong and Taiwan are giving away a Kangaskhan... and yet not for places that celebrate Easter like the US and Europe. What? Granted its also for Children's Day (which is probably why its a Kangaskhan instead of say a Chansey/Blissey (egg) or one of the rabbit Pokemon) and it's a limited amount being handed out, but still.

And they still haven't released the Shiny Charizard here yet. TT_TT
Anyone who has a FB account could get the code. This UK girl did! ;)

In fact, this is one of the better events, you didn't even have to go outside.

You do need a JPN/PAL console to redeem your Kanga though.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
6 Legendary Event:
So CoroCoro leaked with more Movie news which you can find on the Anime Discussion, though in addition with those announcements they revealed the 6 Legendary Event. As you know in the latest movie were going to have a clash of many, many Legendaries and a special event was announced that they'll be giving away 6 of these Legendaries. So, here they are (note that they're all at Level 100):

Groudon (h/ Choice Band): Fire Punch, Solar Beam, Hammer Arm, Rock Slide
Kyogre (h/ Choice Scarf): Water Spout, Thunder, Ice Beam, Sheer Cold
Dialga (h/ Adamant Orb): Roar of Time, Flash Cannon, Overheat, Metal Burst
Palkia (h/ Lustrous Orb): Spacial Rend, Hydro Pump, Earth Power, Aura Sphere
Giratina (h/ Griseous Orb): Shadow Force, Draco Meteor, Aura Sphere, Iron Head
Kyurem (h/ Life Orb): Glaciate, Draco Meteor, Iron Head, Scary Face

To get them Japanese players need to preorder their tickets and go to participating stores such as Pokemon Center, Toys R Us, and 7-11 to claim on of the Legendaries (so I guess they need to go to 6 different stores to get all 6).

The choices seem kind of obvious, I mean they're the 6 Legendaries that are causing all the trouble. When they announced it they made it sound like any Legendary in the movie could be picked but instead they decided to choose the obvious 6. Personally I would have thrown every a screw ball and made the Legendaries 6 which aren't appearing in the movie just to mess with expectations. Maybe Ho-Oh, Cresselia, Zekrom, Reshiram, Landorus, and Phione because I'm a jerk like that.
Anyway, onto what they did with the ones they picked... WHO chose these moves?! Are these the moves they use in the movie? I mean, Groudon and Kyogre don't even have their new signature moves (and even if this was to allow them to be able to be sent to XY, they advertise them in their Primal Devolutions and still Groudon doesn't even have a Ground-type move like Earthquake)! And of course they don't even have any special moves, they're all level up, TM, and Tutor. I also like how on the advertisement pages for the event they talk about Groudon and Kyogre's Primal Devolutions (even though they aren't holding their respective Orbs but I guess that's understandable as you get both in ORAS), Kyurem able to fuse with Zekrom or Reshiram, Giratina change forms holding the Griseous Orb... BUT that just leaves Dialga and Palkia the odds one out, lol! Better luck next time D & P, next remakes are supposedly your games so maybe you'll both get a Mega Evolution then.

EDIT: It's been revealed that all but Kyurem have set Abilities and the Spacetime Dragons have their Hidden Ability of Telepathy (though of course for Giratina this is only for its Alternate Form. It has the Levitate Ability in its Origin Form when holding the Griseous Orb).

Kyogre: Timid (+ Speed, - Attack)
Groudon: Adamant (+ Attack, - Special Attack)
Dialga: Modest (+ Special Attack, - Attack)
Palkia: Timid (+ Speed, - Attack)
Giratina: Brave (+ Attack, - Speed)

Not much to say about the Hidden Abilities as of the Legendaries being offered the Spacetime Dragons are the only ones who have any. That said, they still probably prefer Pressure to burn through their opponent's PP (I guess Dialga could enjoy not being hurt by its allies Earthquakes, but its not really much useful for Palkia. And being Giratina Alternate Form is suppose to be a wall it does prefer Pressure to wear down its opponent (though it looks like they want this Giratina to be in its Origin Forme)).
Natures are okay, I guess. Groudon, Dialga, and Palkia make sense (though why they then chose to give Groudon Solar Beam I don't know, odd choice to begin with and not really going to cover its Water-type weakness that much). Kyogre you'd think would want a Modest Nature so it could compete with Groudon in their Primal Forms of who would activate their Abilities last. As I said for Giratina above, they want it to be battle in its Origin Form (even though in all movie posters, teasers, and promotions its in its Alternate Form) so increased its Attack (I guess since Shadow Force is Physical).
Also kudos for not giving Kyurem a Nature since, depending on who it fuses with, it either becomes Physical or Special focus.

Last edited:
So there's a shiny Rayquaza distribution going on starting today until July 31st in Southeast Asia.

To get one, Singaporean players can buy a copy of Omega Ruby or Alpha Sapphire, six Roaring Skies booster packs, or a Roaring Skies theme deck from participating Maxsoft retailers. The serial code will be given upon purchase, and will work on American and Japanese copies of XY and ORAS. Later, at the end of May, the distribution will open up to the rest of Southeast Asia. The codes will be distributed on Maxsoft's Facebook page. Unfortunately, the page is IP locked to Southeast Asian IP addresses.

It is level 70, its OT is SG Summer'15, its ID is 03145, its moves are Dragon Pulse, Twister, Thunder, and Extreme Speed. Its met location is "an event site" and a fateful encounter, and it has an Event Ribbon. Basically, it matches the WHF15 and CoroCoro Rayquaza given out in Japan except for the OT.

I'm surprised nobody even posted this lol

EDIT: US gets Dragonite as their Roaring Skies tie-in.

EDIT 2: The Rayquaza event's also happening in the Philippines, same deal, only with DataBlitz stores.

Last edited:

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
Roaring Dragonite:
As Artorias said, a new Dragonite event is coming the way of the US! To promote the new TCG expansion, Roaring Skies, US residents are getting a special Dragonite. Here's the info:

Level: 55
Ability: Multiscale (Hidden)
Moves: Dragon Dance, Outrage, Hurricane, Extreme Speed(!)
Holding: Lum Berry

Yup, not only does it have its Hidden Ability but also knows Extreme Speed! Now this isn't an impossible Dragonite to get, with some work you can have a Multiscale Extreme Speed Dragonite, but hey its nice to not have to do all that work! You also get a Lum Berry as a bonus.

US players can get their special Dragonite by going to their nearest GameStop and getting a serial code from June 22nd to July 12th.

This Dragonite can have any nature so some suggestions would be Adamant (+ Attack, - Special Attack) or Jolly (+ Speed, - Special Attack). "Hey, won't that make Hurricane weaker"? Well, yes, but honestly Dragonite shouldn't really be using Hurricane to begin with. :P

Japan gets Jirachi, Keldeo, Shaymin, Victini, and frikkin' Shiny Arceus. UK gets a nice Darkrai. And we get... Dragonite. Yay? Part of me wonders that the only reason we're getting this is because GF hasn't forgotten that we exist.

That said, I'd assume it comes in a Cherish Ball, so that will definitely make it unique. I'll be SRing this one assuming Canada gets the Dragonite too.

If nothing else, the Dragonite is a nice way to make HA and ES available for people without prior Gen games. Not much use for us who already bred, but other people can use it.

And I prefer Gamestop get events like these that are novelty or convenience to them getting outright event legends like Diancie or a Mew distribution, because there isn't a convenient Gamestop for within 30 minutes of me.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
And I prefer Gamestop get events like these that are novelty or convenience to them getting outright event legends like Diancie or a Mew distribution, because there isn't a convenient Gamestop for within 30 minutes of me.
Agreed, I think the Legendary events, at least the ones for the Event/Mystical ones, should be available for everyone via connection to the internet. If places like GameStop and Toys R Us want events then Japan has had plenty which we never got. Or make special events for them just like this.

"The new Pokémon Center event has been announced. To celebrate the opening of the Pokémon Center in Hiroshima, a special Shiny Gyarados event distribution will run from June 26th to August 31st for Pokémon X, Y, Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire games at all Pokémon Centers and Pokémon Stores. No specific details about this Gyarados have been given but will be posted as soon as we know.
You can also download a Magikarp at the Pokémon Centers. This Magikarp is usually normal, but may be shiny. You can put these Magikarp on the GTS and Wonder Trade to spread them around the world"
~Serebii

Are... GF on a little HGSS-exclusives event thing now??? JOHTO CONFIRMED

Serebii said:
The first images from CoroCoro have leaked and have revealed the first details about the upcoming movie, The Archdjinni of the Rings - Hoopa, due for release in Japan in Summer 2015. In this, it has confirmed the much anticipated and expected movie distribution which is to be Hoopa from July 18th 2015 to September 30th 2015 for Pokémon X, Y, Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire and also confirmed the full method of getting Hoopa Unbound in ORAS. It also contains the first official reveal of Hoopa Confined's signature move, Hyperspace Hole. The distribution Hoopa has this move, Psychic, Nasty Plot and Astonish and holds the Focus Sash item.
So the details of the Hoopa distribution have been released! Let's hope the rest of the world will get it as well.

Xen

is a Community Leaderis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Wi-Fi Leader
So the details of the Hoopa distribution have been released! Let's hope the rest of the world will get it as well.
It's one of this generation's event-exclusive mons, so it's guaranteed that the west will get it. It'll just be a few months later.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
OOPS! Almost forgot:

The Dragonite Event has been actived in the US but is going to end this Sunday! Those in the US head to your local GameStop to pick one up... or don't if you don't feel like its special enough.

Better luck next time Dragonite, maybe when you get a Mega Evolution you'll get something special.

So this is just for main series events, right? Because I can imagine you developing three migraines over keeping track of the Shuffle events.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
So this is just for main series events, right? Because I can imagine you developing three migraines over keeping track of the Shuffle events.
With there pretty much being a Shuffle Event almost every week (sometimes multiple) I decided to let Serebii be the bearer of that task. As you can tell from the image (and you needing to go to a GameStop) this is indeed a main series event. If you look a few posts above you'll see the details of the Dragonite above. It has Multiscale and Extreme Speed and that's pretty much what's special about it.

So Tanabata Festival in Japan is giving out another Jirachi. This year, it's Level 100 and knows Wish, Cosmic Power and the special moves of Heart Stamp and Play Rough!
That Play Rough is very nice!

Play Rough ? No Stab, no very good move to abuse with Serene Grace ...
Heart Stamp however could be cool for Special Para Flinch

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)