ORAS UU RMT

This is my UU team that I threw together this morning and I was hoping for some changes as it has alot of common weaknesses, I played with it for a bit on Showdown and won most of them but I would like some advice like who to change and stuff (Keeping Goodra)

Escargoo (Goodra) Assault Vest
Ability: Sap Sipper
Level: 50
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 212 HP / 252 Atk / 44 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Outrage
- Fire Punch
- Power Whip
- Iron Tail

I decided to use Goodra on my team as I really like physical Goodra's and I needed a strong yet bulky Pokemon. He is a good switch in for special attackers it also deals with Ice types and Fairy types which my team can have a very big problem with. Outrage is a powerful STAB move that can quickly deal with most Pokemon, Fire Punch hits Ice types which is one of Goodra's weaknesses, Power Whip is a strong move and gives more diversity to the moveset and Iron Tail can deal with most Fairies.

Calamity (Cloyster) White Herb
Ability: Skill Link
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Shell Smash
- Icicle Spear
- Spikes
- Rapid Spin

I decided to use Cloyster on my team as a bulky physical attacker as I enjoy a lot of bulk. He is a very strong Pokemon that can break most walls and can quickly dispose of any opponent, he is also used for some set-up and to get rid of any entry hazards. Shell Smash is to set up to become very powerful as White Herb prevents the defence drop, Icicle Spear works well with skill link it is a good STAB move and my main attack, Spikes is for setting up to weaken foes and Rapid Spin is to remove any entry hazards.

Buzzkill (Mandibuzz) Leftovers
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 248 HP / 136 Def / 80 SpD / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Foul Play
- Roost
- Toxic
- Knock Off

I choose Mandibuzz as she was recently brought back down to UU and I need some utility on my team. She is a very bulky Pokemon that can poison enemies she has roost and can take items from enemies. Foul Play is a good STAB move that can easily stop physical walls, Roost is simply for recovery, Toxic is to put a DOT on enemies to whittle them down and Knock Off is to take away lefties and do some damage.

L'Oreal (Ampharos-Mega) Ampharosite
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 132 HP / 252 SpA / 124 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Dragon Pulse
- Focus Blast
- Volt Switch

Mega Ampharos is my special sweeper as so far all of my team have been physical. It is a Bulky special sweeper to take out walls and to quickly dispose of enemies. Thunderbolt is the basic reliable STAB move, Dragon Pulse is another reliable STAB move if the opponent brings out a ground type or is weak to Dragon, Focus Blast is a powerful move to do massive amounts of damage and Volt Switch is to swap out if something opposes a threat or just to scout.

P0RY2.exe (Porygon2) Eviolite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 248 HP / 204 Def / 12 SpD
Calm Nature
- Ice Beam
- Thunder
- Recover
- Thunder Wave

Porygon2 is my wall to take alot of hits. It has high defensive stats and eviolite boosts that further I will send it out if something is doing alot of damage and needs crippled ASAP. I take Ice Beam as a good reliable move, Thunder is a high damage move which gives me a bit more coverage, Recover is to get my health back that I have lost and Thunder Wave is to cripple Pokemon.

Hungry (Uxie) Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Careful Nature
- Trick
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave
- U-Turn

I choose Uxie as even though it is NU it can still prove to be useful in UU. It is just to set-up and annoy the enemy and trick them into a move they would not want to be in. Trick is to give them the Choice Scarf and stick them into a move the would not like to be stuck into like Protect for example, Stealth Rock is for more entry hazards if Cloyster cannot get them up or I just want another few layers, Thunder Wave is to cripple big threats and U-Turn is to switch out if I am in danger and for scouting.

Any advice would be great :)

Quite a solid team. Though in my eyes Cloyster isn't optimal. Keep in mind that these corrections are based on my personal experiences only, though.

Using Cloyster as a spinner and a hazards setter doesn't seem like a super good idea, especially with that EV spread. It gets knocked out too easily, and you're wasting two move slots on pure offense. I'd rather change its EV spread and nature to something more tanky, along with defensive moves, or change it to an all-out attacker with Rock Blast and Razor Shell/Explosion. Your Cloyster isn't really a reliable spinner. I personally also see Focus Sash working out more often than White Herb.

Also, you have practically nothing against CroCune, which is a freaking annoying set nowadays. Consider going for Roar/Whirlwind or even Dragon Tail if you're afraid of Taunt. Or even Haze, to make people mad.

Consider going for Taunt yourself too, since it interrupts a lot of set-up mons, and you don't have something that cripples them. Yes, you have T-Wave, but you'll be relying on luck quite often. Mons with Will-o are more reliable imo.

I like the fact that you're using a somewhat odd set on Goodra. I think this is going to catch a lot of people off guard. I also like your Cloyster set but as I said, I think it's not really optimal.

just my 2 cents c:

Thank you I will take this into consideration, I wasn't really sure on Cloyster in the first place if you have any ideas what to switch it with it would be great. I can swap Outrage for Dragon Tail, it then doesn't have a strong STAB move but that makes it all the more unexpected also its other moves are strong enough, Goodra is also specially bulky so will be good for CroCune

Last edited:
Quite a solid team. Though in my eyes Cloyster isn't optimal. Keep in mind that these corrections are based on my personal experiences only, though.

Using Cloyster as a spinner and a hazards setter doesn't seem like a super good idea, especially with that EV spread. It gets knocked out too easily, and you're wasting two move slots on pure offense. I'd rather change its EV spread and nature to something more tanky, along with defensive moves, or change it to an all-out attacker with Rock Blast and Razor Shell/Explosion. Your Cloyster isn't really a reliable spinner. I personally also see Focus Sash working out more often than White Herb.

Also, you have practically nothing against CroCune, which is a freaking annoying set nowadays. Consider going for Roar/Whirlwind or even Dragon Tail if you're afraid of Taunt. Or even Haze, to make people mad.

Consider going for Taunt yourself too, since it interrupts a lot of set-up mons, and you don't have something that cripples them. Yes, you have T-Wave, but you'll be relying on luck quite often. Mons with Will-o are more reliable imo.

I like the fact that you're using a somewhat odd set on Goodra. I think this is going to catch a lot of people off guard. I also like your Cloyster set but as I said, I think it's not really optimal.

just my 2 cents c:

What about Cofagrigus, it gets Haze & Will-O and has good defensive stats

Tbf spinner Cloyster is bad and you shouldn't use it, bad defensive typing, no Scald being a water type, weakness to every hazard. Plus mixing Smash + Spikes + Spin is god awful, I'd either run Forretress or go for an offensive Smasher Cloyster, but seeing as you want removal the next best option who can do nearly the same thing bar Smash is the Bagworm Pokémon. I'd opt for Dragon Tail on Goodra for CroCune as said above. (although crocune does shit to av goodra). I'd use Thunderbolt or Tri Attack over Thunder on Porygon2 because accuracy is a major issue with Thunder.

Just my input, not exactly the best at UU so you can take my opinions with a grain of salt.

Tbf spinner Cloyster is bad and you shouldn't use it, bad defensive typing, no Scald being a water type, weakness to every hazard. Plus mixing Smash + Spikes + Spin is god awful, I'd either run Forretress or go for an offensive Smasher Cloyster, but seeing as you want removal the next best option who can do nearly the same thing bar Smash is the Bagworm Pokémon. I'd opt for Dragon Tail on Goodra for CroCune as said above. (although crocune does shit to av goodra). I'd use Thunderbolt or Tri Attack over Thunder on Porygon2 because accuracy is a major issue with Thunder.

Just my input, not exactly the best at UU so you can take my opinions with a grain of salt.

Thank you I have swapped Dragon Tail in and I will take Tri Attack your input is greatly appreciated

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
This team should be level 100, so is it for UU or like some UU battle spot thing? I'd rate but idk what tier this is for

MZ

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Why would I have them at 100 I want to see their stats at 50 as that is the level they are put to in regular 6v6 UU battles.
The level for regular UU battles is 100 if we're talking about showdown. If this is wifi, there is no UU on wifi

edit: I guess this could just be for UU wifi battles with other people specifically, it just confused me. Anyway, this team has no Heracross switchin (and dies to most fightings but heracross in particular), and this bothers me but I'm not entirely sure which change to make since I don't have time to test the team rn, so all I can do is just tell you that that's an issue and suggest replacing scarf Uxie, which isn't very viable in UU with something else (probably Aromatisse/Granbull/Qwilfish as they would better check the fighting types that fuck with your team). Maybe Brave Bird>Toxic on Mandibuzz to better deal with fighting types, it depends on whether you change the slot to better suit your team or not. That Cloyster set also isn't very good just because it rarely gets free turns and if it does they're better spent smashing and killing things than trying to quietly spike and spin. To fix this, I'd change Cloyster's move set to Shell Smash/Icicle Spear/Rock Blast/Ice Shard. With no more hazard removal, running Defog over Knock Off on Mandibuzz becomes necessary, although dual dark coverage really wasn't necessary anyway. Changing Thunder on Porygon-2 is also good although I believe you said you changed it. Updating the OP with changes would be helpful so people can know the current team, as well as adding the showdown importable to make it easier to take and test the teams in a spoiler at the bottom. Still don't get why it's level 50, but good luck with the team. Tagging you in case you already saw the post but won't see the edit ChocoboBeach.

Last edited:
The level for regular UU battles is 100 if we're talking about showdown. If this is wifi, there is no UU on wifi

edit: I guess this could just be for UU wifi battles with other people specifically, it just confused me. Anyway, this team has no Heracross switchin (and dies to most fightings but heracross in particular), and this bothers me but I'm not entirely sure which change to make since I don't have time to test the team rn, so all I can do is just tell you that that's an issue and suggest replacing scarf Uxie, which isn't very viable in UU with something else (probably Aromatisse/Granbull/Qwilfish as they would better check the fighting types that fuck with your team). Maybe Brave Bird>Toxic on Mandibuzz to better deal with fighting types, it depends on whether you change the slot to better suit your team or not. That Cloyster set also isn't very good just because it rarely gets free turns and if it does they're better spent smashing and killing things than trying to quietly spike and spin. To fix this, I'd change Cloyster's move set to Shell Smash/Icicle Spear/Rock Blast/Ice Shard. With no more hazard removal, running Defog over Knock Off on Mandibuzz becomes necessary, although dual dark coverage really wasn't necessary anyway. Changing Thunder on Porygon-2 is also good although I believe you said you changed it. Updating the OP with changes would be helpful so people can know the current team, as well as adding the showdown importable to make it easier to take and test the teams in a spoiler at the bottom. Still don't get why it's level 50, but good luck with the team. Tagging you in case you already saw the post but won't see the edit ChocoboBeach.

They're just 50 so I can see the stats I will be playing on organised wifi battles sorry for the confusion an thanks for the tips I am thinking of taking Aromatisse also/

I will now show you my team in its current state thanks to your help it only consists of 5 Pokemon and I am looking for your help to find a good addition that can Will-O

Escargoo (Goodra) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 212 HP / 252 Atk / 44 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Tail
- Fire Punch
- Power Whip
- Iron Tail

Buzzkill (Mandibuzz) @ Leftovers
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 248 HP / 136 Def / 80 SpD / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Foul Play
- Roost
- Toxic
- Defog

L'Oreal (Ampharos-Mega) @ Ampharosite
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 132 HP / 252 SpA / 124 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Dragon Pulse
- Focus Blast
- Volt Switch

P0RY2.exe (Porygon2) @ Eviolite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 248 HP / 204 Def / 12 SpD
Calm Nature
- Ice Beam
- Tri Attack
- Recover
- Thunder Wave

Pong (Aromatisse) @ Leftovers
Ability: Aroma Veil
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Moonblast
- Aromatherapy

just my 2 cents c:

Last edited:

just my 2 cents c:

My current team is down below but is missing one member and I am thinking of adding this

Yankee (Chandelure) @ Leftovers
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Haze
- Hex
- Fire Blast

Any suggestions on this?

MZ

That's really not a great chandelure set. In general, wisp is far less common or effective than either specs, scarf or sub/calm mind. Cjandelire is just built to be more offensive than a utility defensive set, and it doesn't really fit your team. Instead I'd recommend some sort of sweeper to use your slow breaking that fits better on stall, perhaps CM reuniclus. sorry I cant give a set, I'm on mobile rn

That's really not a great chandelure set. In general, wisp is far less common or effective than either specs, scarf or sub/calm mind. Cjandelire is just built to be more offensive than a utility defensive set, and it doesn't really fit your team. Instead I'd recommend some sort of sweeper to use your slow breaking that fits better on stall, perhaps CM reuniclus. sorry I cant give a set, I'm on mobile rn
Thanks, I will make a set and post it so you can see it

Amniotic (Reuniclus) @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball
- Recover

Reactions: MZ

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)