NOC Fallout New Vegas NOC [GAME OVER - Wastelanders Win]

Status
Not open for further replies.

LightWolf

lightwoof
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Firstly let me go over your page 4 post on what I mean. That should probably point you towards my general problem.

I don't quite understand what your point is moi. Everyone just wanted you to answer a question and you post this huge hyper-defense of yourself. It seems like a huge overreaction to me.
You just point out the obvious here, not even making a case on him, what this behavior indicates(I'd say self confidence as in he actually thinks he was wronged). Basically you tie nothing to this and are just pointing at moi and stating what he is doing. Not much different from when Cancerous did a summary.

If you are advocating for a no lynch (I think that was the point of your post?) then you gave the perfect reasons TO lynch someone today:

I'll assume that your numbers are correct, as they seem reasonable. If we lynch someone today, we gain SO MUCH more information about voting patterns and play styles, maybe make connections between players that could be scumbuddies, etc.

If we no lynch and choose to wait for solid information, everyone gets off easy and no one is pressured into sharing their thoughts. Since mafia fabricate their opinions, it will be much easier to catch them in a lie if we keep everyone talking. Assuming there even is an information role, they can't reveal themselves too early or they'll probably be hooked every night/killed early on. For all we know, the mafia will randkill our only info role Night 1 and if we no lynched today we'd just be down an inspector and have no voting information.
Then you spend time discussing why no lynch is bad, which doesn't say much because even if moi didn't believe in it at the time, it's still not technically content when you convince a player about the universal truth of having to go into a day with the opinion of trying to get someone lynched.

Will be keeping my vote on LightWolf until he says something.

And whoever is saying "I'll sit back and watch" needs to get their act together. Ullar, PokeguyNXB, Celever come to mind. This is not OC where we can wait for a leader to get results and propose a valid lynch target. Everyone needs to contribute. If you are having trouble finding something to say, read back through the thread and cast a vote on someone, even if it's just to feel them out or ask them a question.

vonFiedler is doing nothing productive and should contribute more. He'll probably say something trolly in response to this.

As of right now I'd be most comfortable lynching Jalmont for wanting to no lynch despite knowing better, or someone like PokeguyNXB or Celever who are clearly reading the thread but having to have their arm twisted to say anything.
And finally tons of calling out people who are under performing(on merely page 4) and one instance of lynch jalmont because of no lynch suggestion. All in all I merely feel this big post barely said anything and only really stated your opinion about no lynch, and I merely feel most of your posts, expect at the time the one with the Cancerous lynch that I missread and the big analysis on everyone and then the HD attacks which I can get behind. Regardless before page 8 it felt like you were just trying to establish yourself as a town without saying much and trying to control where the discussion goes, sometimes with questions people can't actually answer.

As for the definition of a leader in NOC, it's p much spot on, but both I in my first big post and rssp1 after you questioned the NOC leader thing initially have provided nearly identical definitions of said stuff. As for why it's bad is for me that it feels too early, too restrictive and you have been doing it with the mentioned above posts I have I problem with. Also say forcing sunny to speak is pointless, he made it clear what his stance on this game is and at that point any argument with him is a time waster and another case of no lynch discussion. We either lynch sunny or he decides to show his way of playing because as it stands he is a detriment to the village by not allowing us to get an actual read on him, or we leave it to the host to get mad at him and force subbing him out for refusing to play NOC.

As for your "read" on me, I made it pretty clear, and had people comment on me saying it out loud, I put my vote on you so you may act in a defensive role for once, which you kinda have been brushing aside to get me to go in more detail about my problems, which really can be taken in both ways so you wouldn't accidentally explain yourself for something I didn't actual mean or you actually don't think any of my concerns are legit, so that one is fine for now, and I hope I'm precise enough for your taste now. So yes my vote doesn't have much evidence behind it, no vote does, even the HD vote is a good vote thanks to the pretty nice web HD is caught in with his relation to Fate or say my previous point on the fueling of the jalmont discussion, which combined with others I'm likely not even aware of,should make HD a good lynch regardless of the result. Actual evidence of HD being bad is kinda lacking though(Even the fate buddying is not exactly correct even though HD literally quoted Fate's reaction to jalmont's ruse as his own their reactions to his explanation were polar opposites).

As for back to the Celever point of you flipflopping, that really still stands and you really just made excuses, you made a statement that HD's contributions satisfy you at the time, which honestly implies and you kinda admit it, you didn't put much work into and just said it like whatever. Which is essentially admitting you said it just to say something. So WHY did you make a comment on what you thought about HD at the time anyways? What reason could you have to just make a comment that pretty much implies that you think HD is acting townish by your standards in the sense of contributing to the discussion when you didn't actually look into it, like nearly at all.

Again I shall keep my vote on you for the time being, and likely will wait for a reply on your next reply till after I update curvy bust cream and hopefully I will also do list of reactions that kept the jalmont ruse discussion going.

Yeah Haunted Diamond I gave my reasons. Just because you explain them away now doesn't mean your slate is clean.

LightWolf said:
You just point out the obvious here, not even making a case on him, what this behavior indicates(I'd say self confidence as in he actually thinks he was wronged). Basically you tie nothing to this and are just pointing at moi and stating what he is doing. Not much different from when Cancerous did a summary.
I didn't really understand the point of his post in the first place. The language confused me and I wanted him to clarify. I didn't make a case in this post but my next post a little lower on the page explained that I thought he was overly defensive for only 2 or 3 votes on him.

The no lynch discussion was my attempt at understanding his point. I don't necessarily think no lynch discussion is too terrible early on because there's not that much to talk about in the first place. It was pertinent in this case because he wasn't the only huge advocate for no lynch, and I wanted to explain why it was a terrible idea. I'm pretty sure this is the only time I ever bring up the no lynch discussion other than a few quips early on about how stupid it is.

I wanted to vote for Jalmont because there was no excuse for him as an experienced player to advocate for no lynch, not because he was theorizing about it.

Hosts aren't going to sub sunny004 out if he is posting. He could literally say "activity post" or just vote every couple pages and not get subbed out. It's not the hosts' job to analyze a players contribution and sub them out if they don't think they're helping. As long as they see he knows he's still in the game I doubt they would take any action. All he did was vote/ask for a vote count or something. I proceeded to inform sunny that those contributions wouldn't be acceptable in hopes that he would share his opinions and be more helpful in the future.

I must have missed the part where you said you wanted to see me on the defensive, and I actually do appreciate you using your vote to hear from someone in a different context. But I think it's easy to come into the game ten pages in where there's a lot happening and nitpick at something someone said early on in the game when there's not as much to discuss.

As for my flipflop on Haunted Diamond, I normally only mention a player when I think they or scummy or just not contributing. At the time, nothing Haunted Diamond had done had caught my attention, which led to me saying I was "satisfied" with him. Celever mentioning HD led me to paying more attention to him the second time around.

I would have loved to be off the Jalmont subject, but Fate brought it up to suspect me and Jalmont then set me off in frustration. I'm ignoring him for now and I said all I needed on the subject. We do have a deadline. I took some notes on some things and based on the vote candidates:

Haunted Diamond
Reasons to Vote: Spiffy's argument about contributions and
Reasons Not to Vote: I buy his story about time zones and waking up to a crazy amount of posts. Also kind of question a lot of the evidence put against him. I also think a lot of people came off this folling his explination too.

Ironic that you call me out for not reading posts but decide to ignore mine. Who is being lazy again? (was the no lynch thing that bad that you have to ignore everything i've posted after that.... ok....)

Haunted Diamond's story does not explain:
1.) Talking about only Jalmont for 12-13 pages. You explain why you do this but not why you didn't talk about ANYONE ELSE.
2.) Jump on the largest bandwagon with no explanation. (Sure you have explained it in retrospect but that's because I called you out on it)
3.) Connection with Fatecrashers. It's more on his end so he's either mafia buddying with his teammate or mafia buddying with a villager to try and incriminate him. Either way he is mafia.

ButteredToast what evidence about Haunted Diamond do you question?

1) i said i was busy during weekdays. i explained that yesterday i had woken up to 5 pages with huge text walls, so all i did was to look quickly if anyone had replied to me. when i got home, i started to ask around why people were lynching cancerous. You have to realize that in those 12-13 pages i had only made 4-5 posts.
2) I said "i have read his posts now" and frankly that's what i did. What specifically caught my eye was his lack of any real defense against your pressures and most importantly, him ignoring people (at first) when they pressured him on the "what do you think on moi" question.
3) like i said, he was thinking like me in the beginning in suspecting jalmont, also he was the only one who bothered to answer why everyone was lynching cancerous!

I would have loved to be off the Jalmont subject, but Fate brought it up to suspect me and Jalmont then set me off in frustration. I'm ignoring him for now and I said all I needed on the subject. We do have a deadline. I took some notes on some things and based on the vote candidates:

Haunted Diamond
Reasons to Vote: Spiffy's argument about contributions and the whole following the bandwagon of voting at the beginning. I like how there is a connection to another player. Whether or not it's coincidence or bad mafia team work, I don't know. But I feel a lot of the other evidence on other people is individual evidence and this one kind of shows non village team work.

Reasons Not to Vote: I buy his story about time zones and waking up to a crazy amount of posts. Also kind of question a lot of the evidence put against him. I also think a lot of people came off this following his explanation too. He has thrown reasonable doubt to make me believe that he is clean and Spiffy's argument is a coincidence.

Fatecrashers
Reasons to Vote: Him and Haunted's Link kind of makes sense. And it also kind of makes sense that if Fate and Haunted were mafia, he would be the "leader" and HD would follow. I also think that he acted illogically in the beginning, though to his credit it was the beginning and we needed things to talk about. I think now he is only contributing what he is because of spiffy's post and because of the connection of to HD. But...

Reasons not to Vote: But him reacting to the HD connection is normal. He could honestly be trying to break the association because he knows he is village and doesn't want a mislynch just as much as if he was mafia and didn't want his team dead. I also feel like a lot of the knocks against him are tied to HD and if it came between the two, I'd rather go HD first and then Fate.

Cancerous

Reasons to Vote: Evidence if that he is not contributing unless it's easy for him to do so. I liked that whole "jumping at the opportunity to reach out to someone" thing.

Reasons not to Vote: I would think if it was his general strategy as a mafia to most contribute, as soon as he was called out for not contributing, he would have to blend in. He has pretty much not reacted or changed his behaviors since then. Which makes me believe this is just the effort he is going with in the current game. We have to keep in mind that lack of effort is not indicative to being a mafia.

Spiffy
Reasons to Vote: Could be a very devious mafia who is taking psuedo-lead of the village to mess us up day one. I think the main argument against him is that he seems too village and is trying to hard.

Reasons not to Vote: I feel it's kind of crackpot to suspect him this early. I feel that if we are worried about highly deceptive mafia early on, than that's just putting more paranoia into the group to work alone and not as a group. Which is extremely an anti village ideal. Yeah, it's a good point to be aware he's trying to deceive us early. But that to me is an issue for the coming days when we can get more info on him and not day one. I don't want to punish him and make him be more reserved just because he is afraid he is being called out to do too much.

So right now, I still don't see a good vote. I'm alright doing HD, but I feel the argument is a little bit weaker than it was when Spiffy put it together yesterday. But I mean... it still has merit and it is the only example we have of people looking like they're working in a group. And that's big to me.

However, let me kind of point something else out right now as a possible other candidate:

Lightwolf
Reason to Vote: He wanted to shoot down spiffy and go after him a bit for "leading." While this could be concerned villager, he could also be a mafia trying to prevent some organization from happening. I feel we all know we can't trust someone too much, but not listening to people with good thought out points is foolish. He is also kind of Mr. Late to the Party here with his thoughts. I don't know why he wasn't this interested earlier. Maybe because he was busy or maybe because like I said, the day is more for the village. And only now that we are getting to deadline is he trying to throw some chaos into our makeshift organization.

I also see him as being a very smart player and voting on me because it is kind of convenient. I think he sees the week votes on the other people and how they are on the downward slopes. Cancerous, HD, Fate, and Spiffy are kind of meh supported and I dont think we as a group are satisfied. I think he through me out there because he sees the vote count, sees I have votes and people are a bit uneasy with me, and wants to catch suspicions on me right when the vote deadline is coming so people bandwagon. I think if he was mafia, he would see I'm an active player who is sharing my thoughts and thinking critically. But also that I'm new and have made some assumption mistakes and fumble through a lot of things, and that makes me an easy target.

Reasons not to Vote: Just because he has different opinions and is distrusting doesn't make him mafia. Just makes him a real concerned village. And like with spiffy, I don't want to discourage him for sharing information. But I do want to point out that unlike spiffy, his points have been aimed more at being destructive to the village working as a group. Spiffy was more constructive. Another reason to vote is that no one else has kind of jumped at me in response to him as kind of a mafia tactic. But it's early in the day and they might be waiting to blend in more to the group.

---

Still looking for a compelling vote and I'm not sure we're going to get one by deadline. Honestly just knowing who everyone is leaning right now would be wonderful. For me right now, my order of the candidates I listed from most mafia to most village would be: Lightwolf, Haunted Diamond, Fate, Cancerous, Spiffy. And I don't know if my Light Wolf suspicions have any merit to other people.

Haunted Diamond's story does not explain:
1.) Talking about only Jalmont for 12-13 pages. You explain why you do this but not why you didn't talk about ANYONE ELSE.
2.) Jump on the largest bandwagon with no explanation. (Sure you have explained it in retrospect but that's because I called you out on it)
3.) Connection with Fatecrashers. It's more on his end so he's either mafia buddying with his teammate or mafia buddying with a villager to try and incriminate him. Either way he is mafia.

ButteredToast what evidence about Haunted Diamond do you question?
I just think his story makes sense with his actions. I can see waking up to a textbook to read and kind of going with the group a bit blindly. Is it smart and educated? No. Is it weird that Fate is the guy he went with twice? Yes. Is it also weird that fate reacted fairly quick to the link? I think so too. But it all just feels believable and explainable. Still a good lead and with good reasons, but I feel like there is enough reasonable doubt feel less strong than I did when you first brought it up.

And to his credit, he did bring up the time difference before the issues. That's a big plus to his side. Maybe it's story crafting and making excuses for covering up behavior, but I dunno.

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
I believe Haunted's time zone issues for sure, but he's still reasonably scummy. Spiffy is tunneling him way too hard though.

ButteredToast please vote for the person you think is most likely to be scum rn. If it's someone not in your last post then give reasoning. If it is someone in your last post you obviously don't have to. I want you to think long and hard about this one, and analyse every player.

LightWolf

lightwoof
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Eh I might as well reply now rather than later seeing as I have the time.
I didn't really understand the point of his post in the first place. The language confused me and I wanted him to clarify. I didn't make a case in this post but my next post a little lower on the page explained that I thought he was overly defensive for only 2 or 3 votes on him.
I can see that being an intention of yours.

The no lynch discussion was my attempt at understanding his point. I don't necessarily think no lynch discussion is too terrible early on because there's not that much to talk about in the first place. It was pertinent in this case because he wasn't the only huge advocate for no lynch, and I wanted to explain why it was a terrible idea. I'm pretty sure this is the only time I ever bring up the no lynch discussion other than a few quips early on about how stupid it is.
No lynch is a discussion that does nothing to differentiate mafia from town as a new player will be the one to think it has merit and most new or not will already have realised it's not worth it, the discussion is worse than any other frankly and time early would be far better used via a mini bandwagon on a rand vote just to see someone's reaction, I think we can all agree the whole no lynch thing only lead to more and more time wasted. That being said I do see the point of making a whole paragraph just to go over how you actually think about a situation to better express it if only for yourself, which you kinda did and I tend to do a lot so I can see it.

I wanted to vote for Jalmont because there was no excuse for him as an experienced player to advocate for no lynch, not because he was theorizing about it.
There is no problem with that, and I specifically said "and a jalmont lynch because of the no lynch suggestion", which was p much bandwagoning on the obvious really, but no problem really, I actually do mind how little he responded to the pressure of those votes back then if anything.

Hosts aren't going to sub sunny004 out if he is posting. He could literally say "activity post" or just vote every couple pages and not get subbed out. It's not the hosts' job to analyze a players contribution and sub them out if they don't think they're helping. As long as they see he knows he's still in the game I doubt they would take any action. All he did was vote/ask for a vote count or something. I proceeded to inform sunny that those contributions wouldn't be acceptable in hopes that he would share his opinions and be more helpful in the future.
Disagree, if all sunny does is make single vote posts he will likely get kicked out or lynched, no way around it, it's essentially like joining a soccer game and standing on the far right the whole game not moving an inch and just kicking the ball. No one, including the hosts wants a player who doesn't want to actually play the game by the looks of it, unless it's his strat as a mafia, in which case we lynch him, easy peasy! All in all sunny joins or dies. Either way prodding him as a player is pointless and that's my only point.

I must have missed the part where you said you wanted to see me on the defensive, and I actually do appreciate you using your vote to hear from someone in a different context. But I think it's easy to come into the game ten pages in where there's a lot happening and nitpick at something someone said early on in the game when there's not as much to discuss.
Nice jab, but untrue, this is p much the only thing in your final reply I have a problem with. For one you resort to personal attack at my play unrelated to the issue to make yourself look better, essentially implying "I at least tried, you had it easy". And the other side isn't much better as the argument falls flat, as in you don't need to make grand content filled posts early, because indeed in general there isn't as much to discuss, BUT YOU TRIED TO. You made posts that just seem to me like they were filled to the brim with non-content to make you look, well, busier I guess is the word? Why I'm focusing on you is that only you showed these signs, most people posted little, or solely discussed the no lynch, or were caught in the moi and von argument.

As for my flipflop on Haunted Diamond, I normally only mention a player when I think they or scummy or just not contributing. At the time, nothing Haunted Diamond had done had caught my attention, which led to me saying I was "satisfied" with him. Celever mentioning HD led me to paying more attention to him the second time around.
That is not really "satisfied" though, it's a no opinion, and due to that feels like a no content. Either way otherwise the explanation is reasonable enough but the satisfied comment you made just seems out of place in the context of what you found in the end.

Either way with only one major gripe being left now is your reaction above, but having learned that if I keep tunneling the same guy people will get fed up with it and don't believe the points I make on the matter, and this is more slight than the last time, so I will now Unvote and deliver on my promise of an analysis on who in what way kept the ruse discussion alive. Bye.

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Okay kids I think it's time (maybe past) for an informal vote. We have twelve hours till deadline and at this point a killing vote may be as few as three people. Please post the two players you would like to vote for the most. Don't bog these posts down with reasons, we are merely looking for some sort of idea of what page we're all on. When everyone has posted, that should give us a better idea of how to vote while swiftly approaching deadline.

Haunted Diamond
Spiffy

(Spiffy for reasons LW stated, also because like Fate said and I was unawares Fate jumped on the Jalmont vote after HD, yet Spiffy doesn't seem to want to acknowledge this. Still, I'm pretty conflicted tbh)

Ok my paranoia is setting in and am less sure about Haunted Shadow. What he said is ringing

Unvote Haunted Shadow
Vote Fatecrashers

Same shit but was more active throughout the day and still didn't contribute much. I agree with von (fuck you I started this post before you posted) that his immediate jump to Haunted Diamond was really weird.

Can't respond to the other stuff right now but will in a few hours.

Alright.

There are two reasons why I haven't been contributing.

1) I had a huge exam today, and have really been studying for that more than looking at the thread.

2) This is my first NOC game and to me lynching based off of circumstantial evidence seems like a big no-no to me. I'm honestly not going to contribute until votes come onto a someone, at which point I'll read everyone's posts and pitch in my 2 cents.

I will probably be posting what I think about everyone soon (I'll be done by the end of D1/Beginning of D2)

So yea

Okay kids I think it's time (maybe past) for an informal vote. We have twelve hours till deadline and at this point a killing vote may be as few as three people. Please post the two players you would like to vote for the most. Don't bog these posts down with reasons, we are merely looking for some sort of idea of what page we're all on. When everyone has posted, that should give us a better idea of how to vote while swiftly approaching deadline.

Haunted Diamond
Spiffy

(Spiffy for reasons LW stated, also because like Fate said and I was unawares Fate jumped on the Jalmont vote after HD, yet Spiffy doesn't seem to want to acknowledge this. Still, I'm pretty conflicted tbh)
ButteredToffee
Spiffy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)