The Everything some hero (NFL) Thread - 2015-16 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

DetroitLolcat

Maize and Blue Badge Set 2014-2017
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Wells report out, it seems like the Patriots (but not Belichick) were complicit in deflating footballs. Roflmao.

A 243 page, 103 day investigation that finds that:

"It is more probable than not that Brady was at least generally aware of the inappropriate activities...involving the release of air"

Tom Brady is a cheater in the same way that people that have run stop signs are criminals.

Last edited:
but until i go on live TV and talk about how i don't know anything about ever running stop signs i am free to gossip about Brady however much I want without being a hypocrite tyvm

xJownage

Even pendulums swing both ways

>probable

how much fucking time and money was spent on this? if you're going to say the pats did it then fucking have the balls to say they did it lmao.
Basically what they are saying with this report is that there is no evidence that they did but its the most likely cause, i.e. this report solved nothing which is about how much most people thought it would.

TheValkyries

proudly reppin' 2 superbowl wins since DEFLATEGATE
I'm still trying to find the damning proof here. There are some text messages from what appear to be two Bostonian men pretending to be 13 year old girls talking about the inflation of the balls. One of which explicitly states that the refs inflated the balls to 16 after whatever shenannigans these asshats may or may not have been up to... so where exactly did they deflate the balls after the refs checked them?

And of course no article actually links to the Wells Report it's all just cherry-picked stuff that will get clicks. zzzzz

EDIT: Also, just establishing the language is "more probable than not". Which is they legal equivalent of "maybe" and/or "entirely circumstantial evidence and I'm inserting bias here to make my point seem stronger".

The PSI of the balls was not documented at the beginning of the game so basically everything in the entire report is circumstantial/speculation.

So if the lynch mob on twitter gets their way and Tom Brady is suspended over this, It will almost certainly be overturned by an independent arbitrator.

I'm going to enjoy the Patriots hating bandwagon, but even I think it's a bit weak of a case. Let's not forget that apparently scruffing up balls after being properly inflated to a QB's liking is a thing (akin to dirtying up baseballs with dirt, though not spitballs), so the Brady connection is weak at best unless they have some proof he was directing them personally.

If anything, just fire the 2 guys, maybe slap on a fine (as they were Patriots employees, ignorance is not an excuse) and move on. Any of the suspense talk or draft pick loss is more extreme than the situation warrants I think, even for a hated team like the Patriots.

I'm going to enjoy the Patriots hating bandwagon, but even I think it's a bit weak of a case. Let's not forget that apparently scruffing up balls after being properly inflated to a QB's liking is a thing (akin to dirtying up baseballs with dirt, though not spitballs), so the Brady connection is weak at best unless they have some proof he was directing them personally.

If anything, just fire the 2 guys, maybe slap on a fine (as they were Patriots employees, ignorance is not an excuse) and move on. Any of the suspense talk or draft pick loss is more extreme than the situation warrants I think, even for a hated team like the Patriots.

Theres only one logical punishment for this imo

(SPOLIERS)

In particular, we do not believe there was any wrongdoing or knowledge of wrongdoing by Patriots ownership, Patriots Head Coach Bill Belichick or any other Patriots coach in the matters investigated
= BAN BELICHEAT FOR A YEAR

ayyy

DetroitLolcat

Maize and Blue Badge Set 2014-2017
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Eh they probably do have enough evidence to slap Brady with a one-game suspension (whether they will/should is another story), and they definitely could fire the ball boys. The organization should probably get fined as well (they were working for the Pats when this happened, no excuse). Overall it's a pretty nothing story that should have pretty nothing consequences.

Any multi-game suspensions or draft pick forfeiture seems a bit extreme, IMO.

I don't care about coaches, execs and teams. Fine them or suspend them as much as you like. Suspend Belicheat for a year, sounds good to me. Take the Pats 2016 first round pick. Great. Just leave the god damn players alone!

xJownage

They don't have the evidence to do shit. Anything the NFL does will get overturned when the pats rightfully fight the charges.

I don't care about coaches, execs and teams. Fine them or suspend them as much as you like. Suspend Belicheat for a year, sounds good to me. Take the Pats 2016 first round pick. Great. Just leave the god damn players alone!
But why should he get suspended if he did nothing wrong?

xJownage

I don't see a single Ravens fan, or even Colts fan for that matter using DeflateGate as an excuse for the respective losses of their teams.
He was being sarcastic. They didn't blame it for the loss, but rather, it definitely wouldn't have come about had one of those teams won.

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Jags with the best draft.

like guys, holy shit how did that happen.
when all you have are holes to fill and you draft for need, of course your draft will look great

Bills got the worst grades because aside from OL we didn't NEED anything in the draft (in before "LOL QB" shitposts)

Also, you all obviously didn't read a single page of the report. FOOTNOTE NUMBER GODDAMN ONE: "more probable than not" is used in the report because that is the NFL's burden of proof, basically the equivalent of "preponderance of the evidence" used in civil cases. This report says, OVER AND OVER, that the Patriots and Tom Brady are guilty. They did it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Also, you all obviously didn't read a single page of the report. FOOTNOTE NUMBER GODDAMN ONE: "more probable than not" is used in the report because that is the NFL's burden of proof, basically the equivalent of "preponderance of the evidence" used in civil cases. This report says, OVER AND OVER, that the Patriots and Tom Brady are guilty. They did it.
Felix J Merryweather strikes again.

Also entertaining read: http://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2015...lategate-patriots-jim-mcnally-john-jastremski

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)