ORAS OU First RMT! Advice please! Mega Lopunny

Hello all, this is my first RMT. I have been looking at others' for awhile so I believe I have all the rules and such understood, but if I make a mistake, please let me know and I will fix it. Also, I wanted to say that this is NOT MY TEAM. I found it a month or so ago on ORAS OU RMT and have made a few modifications to it. This is really the only team I have gotten good with, but I can't seem to make it out of the 1300s with it, so I am looking for advice on what I could do to make it better.

I like the idea of a team consisting of some fast sweepers and some bulky, set-up sweepers, with some unusual movesets so when I found this team, I knew I had to have it. It is surprisingly bulky on some ends, and I'm never really out of a game as most can sweep late-game. So here we go!

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Zen Headbutt
- Ice Punch
- U-turn

This is thing is awesome. The original team I saw this on had Scarf Jirachi on it and I thought it was a little unusual, but it is straight awesome. It outspeeds a lot of things, and can tank most fairy, dragon, poison, normal, grass, and other steel types. It takes rocks very well also. It's only 3 real weaknesses are fire, ground, and dark, but I've found it takes most of these pretty well (except Knock Off). This thing w/ max Atk can dole out pretty serious damage. I find that all of these moves 2HKO or OHKO just about everything except fire type mons. Iron Head and Zen Headbutt are the basic STABs, while also having 2x chance of flinching with Serene Grace. Ice Punch really catches dragons and annoying pokes like Landorus, Gliscor, or other flying types off guard. U-turn allows me to hit Dark types hard, and allows me to escape danger when I lead off with Jirachi. The only problem I have with Jirachi is he can't do anything to Fire types, but I can switch to my water type and be just fine.

Mew @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Flamethrower
- Psychic
- Volt Switch
- Defog

Next is Mew. The original team had bulky Heatran on it, but I found it really didn't do much to the team, as it was pretty weak offensively and I found myself only using it for the fire immunity (which I have water types for). I also missed having an electric type move. So I opted for a Heatran-like Mew! This thing is also pretty weak offensively even with the 252 SpA, but can really tank Special Attacks. Knock off almost always OHKOs it, so that is a problem. But I love the unpredictability of this Mew. Sometimes I can lead off with it and get a quick kill with Flamethrower or Volt Switch, and I love that I can stop rocks with it also. Psychic is the only one that is predictable but it's EVs are not, so it gets a lot of switches. I may consider Psyshock > Psychic because I noticed a lot of SpD tanks like to switch into it. It's also not fast at all so I primarily use it to defog and catch the opponent off guard. If someone could recommend a similar pokemon that isn't psychic type, that would be great, because dark types really have there way with this team.

Suicune @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Basic CroCune set. My god, this thing tanks every single Attack move in the game and with just 1 CM can tank just about every Special Attack in the game. With 2, it's game over really if I play it right unless they have roar or something like that. Whenever my pokes are in danger, I simply switch to this guy, scald/burn the opponent and switch out if I'm at risk or try and set up. With rest it can't get poisoned, paralyzed, or burned. The only problem with Suicune is I find it gets its item Knocked off most of the time, so I have to pay attention to when I need to rest. Sleep Talk is kind of annoying since it usually picks Rest, so I've been thinking Rest/Chesto combo, but don't mess with perfection am I right?

Landorus-T @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Stealth Rocks

Another basic set. This thing rarely gets used on my team, but when it does, oh boy, does it have some fun. U-turn gives me 3 possible leads that are incredibly fast and strong without being worried that I sent in the wrong pokemon. Earthquake standard STAB that pretty much OHKO if super effective. Knock Off is always good to have and comes in handy on Leftovers, Toxic Orb, etc. Stealth Rocks is also great when I see the oppo has a Talonflame, Charizard, or fire and flying type in general. The only problem I have is he is really weak to just about anything, so I have to use it wisely. But he is a staple to the team.

Serperior @ Big Root
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power Fire
- Dragon Pulse

This is where my team gets ugly. I'm really unsure of how to play this monster. He has seriously come through in the clutch late-game, often sweeping when I'm down 4 mons to 2. If I get 2 Leaf Storms off, and the oppo has no way of forcing a switch, it's game over. I used to have HP Ground on it, because Heatran ALWAYS switches into this thing, but I found that often times Heatran has Shuca Berry or Air balloon anyways, so it always kills me. I opted for HP Fire instead, which kills annoying Ferro and Scizor in about 2 hits without any SpA upgrade. Dragon Pulse is for coverage. I really need to get another move and item. Giga Drain I have not once used, I figured it would be good to get some HP back on this thing, but he usually dies or just spams with Storm before I can use it (making Big Root useless). I just don't know what to put on it. Aromatherapy would be great but it's banned. I am considering HP Ground and Focus Sash. This thing gets OHKO by just about anything super effective and I am usually able to fend off rocks with Mew, so Sash seems like a good idea. The EVs are questionable as well. I've always thought that a fast, bulky Serperior would be awesome, and I could just Leaf Storm to get my SpA up, but everyone I ask, including the internet, just says to max Speed and SpA. What do you guys think of my idea? Or should I scrap this guy entirely?

Lopunny @ Lopunnite
Ability: Scrappy
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Drain Punch
- Ice Punch
- Return

I like this guy because it's not the traditional Hi Jump Kick Lopunny. I really hate that thing and instead loved what the original maker of the team used. Ice Punch is very unexpected from Lopunny and often helps against Dragons, Gliscor, Lando, etc. Fake Out is basic entry move and REALLY helps this guy get that little extra HP off. Drain Punch for recovery and decent STAB that can hit Ghosts. And Return is also basic STAB. This guy is also hardly used, but when it is, it gets a couple kills. I good way of knowing if I'm going to win or not is how fast this guy dies. Late-game he is awesome (except vs HJK Lopunny, which has happened twice) and mid game can put me in front.

What do you guys think? I love this team, have gone about 30-5 with it. Usually I will get to mid 1300s and switch up teams out of curiosity and go on tilt lol. My main weaknesses are Dark types (particularly Knock Off) which is really bad because that is most used attack in the meta, Fire types once Suicune is dead (Hardly a problem though), and water types as Volt Switch on mew doesn't do so much damage and ends up with me switching into something I don't want to switch into and Serperior doesn't really kill too many pokemon unless its late game and I've already killed the water types. Water types usually just switch or have an ice type which he can't handle. So I guess I'm looking for alternatives for Mew and Serperior (or the idea of making Serperior bulky), because the other pokemon IMO are great. I'm really sorry if this is really long or something, I just want some good feedback and I'm sorry to the original creator but I can't seem to find the RMT to give him credit :/

Importable:
Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Zen Headbutt
- Ice Punch
- U-turn

Mew @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Flamethrower
- Psychic
- Volt Switch
- Defog

Suicune @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Landorus-T @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Stealth Rocks

Serperior @ Big Root
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power Fire
- Dragon Pulse

Lopunny @ Lopunnite
Ability: Scrappy
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Drain Punch
- Ice Punch
- Return

Attachments

I like the idea of the team but i would suggest a couple different things. first i think serperior should have leftovers instead of big root since its evident that you want hp recovery, at plus 4 it ohko's alot that doesnt resist and you get back a decent amount of hp and the leftovers will add to it giving you great recovery and still sweeping power with leaf storm and HP fire. Also i would suggest mew go with this set

Mew@Leftovers
252 HP 192 Special Defense 64 Special Attack
Calm

-Will-O-Wisp
-Soft Boiled
-Defog
- Flamethrower/Knock Off
252 SpA Mew Flamethrower vs. 248 HP / 164 SpD Mega Scizor: 280-332 (81.6 - 96.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

basically if its a bulky scizor you most likely wont kill it with a flamethrower so it would be better to have will-o-wisp with flame thrower that way you can cripple it in the long run and help your team instead of letting mew die to bug bite and bullet punch. Soft boiled is there so you have decent recovery since its also evident that you want this as kind of a special wall because of your previous evs 252 Special Attack 252 Special Defense.

The one other thing i would change is making your jirachi a little more bulky and giving it this set.
Jirachi @ Leftovers
252 HP 176 Defense 80 Speed
Calm
-Stealth Rock
-Body Slam
-Iron Head
-U-Turn/Fire Punch

this set basically takes stealth rocks off of lando and allows it to add Stone Edge/Rock Slide which lets it kill tflame and other flying threats that would wall your current set. Most of these changes should help your problem. Good Luck and hope you liked the advice

bogoljubow

formerly Betapf
Hi there! Before i get to possible set changes, I think Mew is the weakest point of the team: It makes you more vulnerable to Bisharp and doesn't really serve an offensive or defensive role.
Overall, your team has some problems breaking defensive cores. Stallbreaker Mew would seem to fit, but unfortunately it gives you even more trouble with Charizard, Talonflame, Volcarona and some other set-up sweepers that are already pretty dangerous to your team. Offensive Air Balloon Heatran would be able to check all three aforementioned pokemon and give you an asset against defensive teams as well as compensate for the lack of hazard removal.

Next, Choice Scarf on Landorus-T doesn't really make sense with Stealth Rock especially since you already have decent speed control with Scarf-Jirachi and Lopunny. Therefore I would recommend Standard Defensive Landorus-T.
An alternative would be to make Jirachi SDef with SR and Landorus-T a Choice Scarfer, but ScarafJirachi lets you deal with Fairies like M-Altaria better. If Keldeo gives you a hard time, you could consider Defensive Starmie instead of CroCune, which also provides a form of hazard removal although that doesn't seem too necessary to me with a team that isn't particularly weak to Rocks.

Finally a small suggestion: Healing Wish > Zen Headbutt / Ice Punch on Jirachi, which is a great option to support Mega-Lopunny and Serperior if they're weakened.

Hope I could help, good luck with the team.

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 12 HP / 252 SpA / 244 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Taunt
- Toxic
- Earth Power / Flash Cannon

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 8 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn

Starmie @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 4 SpA / 36 SpD / 224 Spe
Timid Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Scald
- Recover
- Reflect Type / Psyshock

I would change serps item to either leftovers or life orb because leftovers is more beneficial for health in the long run and life orb gives you the damage to threaten teams before getting a boost or two.

gl with the team

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)