The Everything some hero (NFL) Thread - 2015-16 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Giants were in the same boat. They didn't really need a single player. What they were missing the past two seasons was star players. The Giants are back to being one of the most talented teams in the NFL, after their former stars became old and useless. They have the best WR in the league, a top 10 QB, the best 4-3 DE, a great/monstrous DT about to have a breakout season, a solid OL(again), a great trio of running backs, and a star cornerback. Everywhere is filled with ok/good/average players but they lacked this much talent the past few seasons.

Giants are easily better than the Bills/Jets/Dolphins at least. And yes, only because of Eli.

The Giants were in the same boat. They didn't really need a single player. What they were missing the past two seasons was star players. The Giants are back to being one of the most talented teams in the NFL, after their former stars became old and useless. They have the best WR in the league, a top 10 QB, the best 4-3 DE, a great/monstrous DT about to have a breakout season, a solid OL(again), a great trio of running backs, and a star cornerback. Everywhere is filled with ok/good/average players but they lacked this much talent the past few seasons.

Giants are easily better than the Bills/Jets/Dolphins at least. And yes, only because of Eli.
Man the fanboyism is real in this post

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Jesus tapdancing Christ, some hero. I was about to defend you against some earlier heat you took, and then you go and make a post like that. You truly are beyond saving.

Also, you all obviously didn't read a single page of the report. FOOTNOTE NUMBER GODDAMN ONE: "more probable than not" is used in the report because that is the NFL's burden of proof, basically the equivalent of "preponderance of the evidence" used in civil cases. This report says, OVER AND OVER, that the Patriots and Tom Brady are guilty. They did it.
It makes it easy to appeal to a neutral arbitrator in the case of discipline.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/tom-br...guilty-223250553.html?soc_src=mail&soc_trk=ma

The report is basically an opinion.

when all you have are holes to fill and you draft for need, of course your draft will look great

Bills got the worst grades because aside from OL we didn't NEED anything in the draft (in before "LOL QB" shitposts)
that's not how i see it.

Jesus tapdancing Christ, some hero. I was about to defend you against some earlier heat you took, and then you go and make a post like that. You truly are beyond saving.
I'm just saying. And sure, the giants RBs are unproven and I may have been exaggerating there, but my point about the team being better than a 3rd of the AFC East still stands(heck i'd say the Giants are better than the pats going into next season but the coaching favors the pats so they might get more wins even if as a team the Giants are better). Look, crappy teams like the Jags, Bills, Dolphins, Browns, Jets, Bucs always have solid, talented teams. The difference between them and the Giants will always be the QB. You have to give the edge to the team with the better qb.

I'm just saying. And sure, the giants RBs are unproven and I may have been exaggerating there, but my point about the team being better than a 3rd of the AFC East still stands(heck i'd say the Giants are better than the pats going into next season but the coaching favors the pats so they might get more wins even if as a team the Giants are better). Look, crappy teams like the Jags, Bills, Dolphins, Browns, Jets, Bucs always have solid, talented teams. The difference between them and the Giants will always be the QB. You have to give the edge to the team with the better qb.
Bolded part is pure BS. Also,
Eli Manning isn't even a top 10 QB. He's not shitty but he's definitely not top 10
1. Tom Brady
2. Aaron Rodgers
3. Peyton Manning(if healthy)
4. Andrew Luck
5. Russell Wilson
6. Ben Roethlisberger
7. Drew Brees
8. Joe Flacco
9. Carson Palmer(if healthy)
10. Ryan Tannehill(probably the most underrated QB in the NFL. He plays well but he doesn't have a great team hence 8-8)
EDIT: Okay maybe Tannehill and Eli are interchangeable here but I like the direction of Tannehill. Eli is on the decline.

Last edited:

xJownage

Even pendulums swing both ways
welp there goes my generous prediction for the Jags this season. If he can't start, 4-12. If he can, 7-9
Whoa whoa whoa, hes not 3 wins in his first year in the NFL. The Jags have a more than capable defensive line to begin with and if the offense wasn't shit we wouldve been 7-9 LAST year. Hell if we got a few better bounces we wouldve been at least 6-10, and if you don't believe me just go through the games we played. Now this year, the offense has gotten major upgrades and the defense is healthy again with its good performance last season. I think we are 6-10 or 7-9 without him. I don't think his presence alone adds 3 or 4 wins to our total.

jacob

the obstacle is the only way
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
The Jag's first round pick just tore his acl in his first practice and is going to miss the season i actually feel bad

You have to feel for the Jags, that's a shitty way to kick things off. Makes you wonder if they'd redo that pick already...

I think unless it was some sort of generational talent then a team wouldn't draft someone they knew would completely miss their rookie season. Just in general.

In other news, apparently a Brady suspension is going to be announced next week. Won't really matter because if it's anything more than a fine, which it seems like it will be, then Brady will appeal and it'll go to an independent arbitrator and get overturned.

I don't think it would get overturned (maybe reduced), as the language in the report matches what is necessary for punishment to occur ("More probable than not") and the report was already carried out by an independent arbitrator. I don't think Brady has much of a leg to stand on if the burden of proof is on him being innocent.

This thing is probably going to drag out for months anyway, as Brady probably has enough of a case to sue the NFL for libel (even if it won't get his suspension overturned).

Well, it is Goodell...trying to kiss both sides of the public's ass by giving a ridiculous punishment so it looks like he's doing something, then let it get appealed to something resembling fair.

I wouldn't be surprised if the reason he's waiting to release the details of the suspension is to see how much the public wants it.

DetroitLolcat

Maize and Blue Badge Set 2014-2017
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Brady suing the NFL for libel would be ridiculous. If Brady took the NFL to court they could use subpoena power to get everything they weren't able to get from him in the Wells report. The Wells report found a preponderance of the evidence that Brady lied during the investigation, and that could merit a 1-2 game suspension IMO. Deflating footballs isn't the big issue here; it's an insignificant advantage that merits a small fine at most. But if Brady lied to the NFL during the investigation he deserves to miss games.

Brady suing the NFL for libel would be ridiculous. If Brady took the NFL to court they could use subpoena power to get everything they weren't able to get from him in the Wells report. The Wells report found a preponderance of the evidence that Brady lied during the investigation, and that could merit a 1-2 game suspension IMO. Deflating footballs isn't the big issue here; it's an insignificant advantage that merits a small fine at most. But if Brady lied to the NFL during the investigation he deserves to miss games.
Yeah weren't there reports of Tom Brady having texts and calls with the 2 guys who were accused of deflating the balls, that he refused to fork over? If he gets suspended for lying to the NFL, and then sues he'd ,by law, have to reveal them. Which ,if he is guilty, could lead to a year long suspension for his involvement. Suing would only make him shoot himself in the foot more than he already is for lying. If Brady's smart, he'll just accept the 1 or 2 game suspension that's coming and then move on.

TheValkyries

proudly reppin' 2 superbowl wins since DEFLATEGATE
The already have the conversations between brady and the 2 guys from those 2 guys phones. He refused to hand over his personal phone. Which, given the fact that the Wells report delved into and revealed personal texts from the 2 guys to family members things could be rather FUKT.

They also interviewed Brady for 10 hours asking about all the text messages from the two guys and all their other evidence so Well's insistence that he didn't cooperate is like "wat".

welp there goes my generous prediction for the Jags this season. If he can't start, 4-12. If he can, 7-9
but for real, as xJownage mentioned, the Jags defense was decent last year with a LOT of young guys. they made some smart free agent signings to promote competition and add depth. they finished 3rd in sacks last year as it was.

as devastating as this is for Fowler, the Jags season isn't over because his is, and i still expect a 6-10 season with a lot more close games against good teams.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Opening day might be like a 5th preseason game if Brady gets suspended. Pittsburgh minus Bell and NE minus Brady would make for a far less interesting game for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)