Wii U

Magcargo I find it sad that your "must-own" Wii U list is pretty much the entire library of exclusives (minus ZombiU which, terrible name aside, should probably be added for completeness's sake). Like there is nothing else on that system... that's a sad thought. The fact that people are just discussing Nintendo's former glories here kind of backs that up. And I'm not convinced by Sonic Racing - it's a multiplat. (Rayman Legends only gets a pass because it was designed for the Wii U and makes the most of the touch screen, better than any of Nintendo's games.) That, and, next to MK8, it's a case of "why have brisket when you could have steak?"

Oh, and people are forgetting Nintendo Land. That game is way more fun than I expected it to be. It should definitely have been a Wii game, to try and hook the casual Wii owners onto Nintendo's core franchises while they were still paying attention, but whatever. In a similar vein, NES remix (though I admit to not having played it) is the closest thing the console has to a WarioWare game.

There should probably also be an indie games discussion. The Wii U has some interesting indies (everyone went nuts over Shovel Knight) and it would help promote some actual discussion rather than just listing all the Wii U games there are.
I didn't add ZombieU or Nintendo Land because I personally enjoyed neither of these games and ZombieU received mixed to negative reviews. Thats probably just my opinion though so i added them to the list.
Sonic Racing was an alright game. Its probably one of the better multiplats on the wii u rn since i didn't notice too many issues that the other console releases didn't have. Also it really isn't that much worse than Mario Kart 8; imo its more of alteration of it since it has different characters and different but still very fun racing tracks.
As for shovel knight, i completely forgot about it lol

Last edited:
Yeah, okay the review scores for ZombiU are really all over the place - 9/10 from EuroGamer and 4/10 from GameSpot. Kind of a love-it-or-hate-it, cult classic thing. But you can get it for just a fiver on Amazon, so at that price it doesn't need to be a masterpiece.

Oh also, if we're chatting Wii games too, no love for Super Paper Mario? What is people's problem with that game (beyond not being TTYD)?

Last edited:

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
ZombiiU was pretty forgettable... I got it with my WiiU but I've barely played it. I am stuck... I can't make any progress... And there arent even many zombies around so I don't really get the point?

^Have to say that I've never played a spectacle fighter (or whatever you call that genre) before but what I found amazing about the demo was how good it is at teaching you the combat mechanics - I found myself improving at the game very quickly, though I don't think I'll have the patience to go for platinum medals. Turned a game I was mildly intrigued by into a day-one purchase. Which pushes my plans to save up for a PS4 back a bit...

shaian

you love to see it
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
So apparently the new Legend of Zelda game is gonna look even better than it did at E3. I don't know about you guys, but holy shit, I think Aonuma and the crew are about to show us something, something the gaming community's been waiting to see, something I know I've been waiting to see. I've got a throbbing hype train going on right now.

Focus

Ubers Tester Extraordinaire
This is pretty much the best deal we're going to get on these games (well, in North America...). Such an easy purchase! Also, how have I never heard of The Fall before now? It's very refreshing to dive into a game like this not knowing what to expect. It is quite good.

I downloaded Ollieollie on 3DS and it automatically became free on the Wii U. I'm not sure, but I may have an extra North American Wii U code to give away.

religiousjedi

Old man.
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Holy shit guys, there's a Wii U / 3DS humble bundle. Get in on this shit, its worth quacamelee alone.
I did it, master. With that being said...I guess I have an extra download code for OlliOlli (if Focus is correct, but either way was gonna keep only one version) and SteamWorld Dig (gonna keep the Wii U version only). So, who would like kind and benevolent rm's games?

I might buy a Wii U just for Pokken. Any other games that you guys would recommend?
Someone will provide a list, but oftentimes LEGO City Undercover is not mentioned, so I'll recommend it in advance.

Essentially, it's like the other LEGO games by TT. However, it's much more refined/polished and emphasizes the open world (which is a pretty decent size, in honesty). Unlike the other LEGO games, it has a unique setting, story, and characters (and it still has the charming gags/jokes), though like other LEGO games those aren't too important as long as they're done well. Completing the game and unlocking everything is neat and well done, as usual, though it can be repetitive when you start reaching 100% due to back-tracking and searching all the nooks and crannies. Overall, it's a solid game, especially if you like collecting everything. Just be wary of the load times here and there (they can be aggravating if you keep leaving the city to do missions).

Last edited:
I was thinking about Smash too, but I already have Smash on the 3DS. Any reason I should also buy it for the Wii U? I heard the Wii U version has some extra stages/characters?

DetroitLolcat

Maize and Blue Badge Set 2014-2017
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
I was thinking about Smash too, but I already have Smash on the 3DS. Any reason I should also buy it for the Wii U? I heard the Wii U version has some extra stages/characters?
Wii U and 3DS have the same characters, but they both have plenty of exclusive stages. Wii U also has a better single-player mode (though neither is particularly good), 8-player Smash, and most importantly access to better controllers. Smash Wii U is a great investment and honestly a must-have game on the Wii U, even if you have Smash 3DS already. It's too fun not to have.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)