What country(/ies) do you want to visit the most?

Vietnam, where my parents was born. I want to see what it feels like and visit my cousins if they are still there.

I'd love to go to Germany again, been there once when I was little and it was amazing. I love how green most of Europe is and how the weather is so mild in the summer. I love cars and renting a nice AMG or M car and driving it on the Autobahn would be fun. Going back to France is also high on my list, the French alps are beautiful. I've never been to the South of France but from what I've heard, it is gorgeous. After college or over summer sometime in the future I plan on traveling.

I was lucky enough to have had a Gap Year and au pered in Australia, and I've seen most of Europe, parts of Asia and North America. But I've always wanted to dance in the carnivals of Rio De Janeiro... I would also love to visit Cambodia and revisit Thailand.

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Iceland. If a person could have a "spirit country" in the same vein as a "spirit animal", Iceland would totally be mine.

Also, Australia. I need to pet a koala.

The northern lights are there pretty much all the time, but they're only visible at night. In winter when skies are clear would be your best bet.

Also, the hiking trails don't necessarily close in winter. Only if there's snow (used to be almost guaranteed after mid-November, but we've had several bad winters in a row now). Then they start preparing ski tracks instead, and the forests become more crowded than ever.

As for going to the rest of Europe... well, plane is quick and convenient, but rail is way cheaper. See what you can afford. Taking the Bergen railroad in late autumn is recommended, however. Quite a scenic trip.
Just an update, I'm in Norway already. I found Oslo to be okay, but I'm travelling to Stavanger (for the pulpit rock)and Bergen in the next few weeks. I'm also going to iceland, since it is so near norway, which looks extremely gorgeous in pictures.

I've always wanted to go to Iceland and Argentina, those are probably my top 2.
I also wouldn't mind going to Brazil but I don't speak Portuguese.
I think Egypt would b great bc the fucking pyramids man.

junior

jet fuel can't melt steel beams
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
not a country but I would love to backpack Africa some day, ultimate goals is to visit the safaris and live (in fear) amongst the beasts of the jungles

I have always had the childish dream of wanting to see "everything". I've spent a good amount of time setting up a lifestyle and gaining a skillset so that this is possible. My method of artistic expression is photography, so maybe I'll make a thread to share some snaps. Of course, "everything" includes the highest and the lowest and the hottest and coldest...and those sorts of places involve far more intense training than I have gone through so far. I've been chipping away at that, but I'm nowhere near done yet. Hopefully, it'll all come to fruition soon.

I've talked to a number of people on IRC about visiting when the time comes. Maybe we should have smogon couchsurfing-style situation? Seems a lot of people here are pressed on funds rather than time.

Last edited:
I've always wanted to go to the UK. I had a sibling who went to London about 2 years ago, meeting up with my aunt and cousins there.

junior

jet fuel can't melt steel beams
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
I have always had the childish dream of wanted to see "everything". I've spend a good amount of time setting up a lifestyle and gaining a skillset so that this is possible. My method of artistic expression is photography, so maybe I'll make a thread to share some snaps. Of course, "everything" includes the highest and the lowest and the hottest and coldest...and those sorts of places involve far more intense training than I have gone through so far. I've been chipping away at that, but I'm nowhere near done yet. Hopefully, it'll all come to fruition soon.

I've talked to a number of people on IRC about visiting when the time comes. Maybe we should have smogon couchsurfing-style situation? Seems a lot of people here are pressed on funds rather than time.
you're honestly always welcome over at mine (my parents') if you ever decide to visit Sydney, we have an extra bed and a granny flat too if ya ever want your own private sanctuary!

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
re: New Zealand...it's a beautiful country with wonderfully friendly people but it annoys me how it has become such a fashionable destination for UK tourists given that it's like 50,000 light years away and costs about a thousand quid just to get on the plane. These same people who claim to be Christopher fucking McCandless reborn but look blankly when you mention any of the wilder areas of their native UK.

Let's play a game. No cheating and looking at the URLs because if you do that you're a cunt. 6 pictures in the hide box...which are the UK and which are NZ?

I lied. They're all UK. Could've saved yourself a grand mate.
Hey Lee, where's the first photo btw? In case I can ever make it back to visit the UK... (New Zealand being closer to JPN, lol).

Photo 1 and 3 are mind-blowing, so help.

I'd say Japan, because most of the games I play come from there, and I watch a lot of anime, read manga and I like the music too. So, I gotta admit that Japan has a lot of influence on me. I'm sure I'll go there someday.

And Africa, because I love nature and the landscape is fantastic. I'd make photos to share for generations.

Brazil, of course, because the people are friendly and sexy and the weather is amazing.

Brasil, claro, porq o povo eh bem amigavel e gostoso e a clima eh mt boa.
I live in Brazil. If you want to visit it for those reasons I'd say COME QUICK! YOU WON'T REGRET!!!
- Eu moro no Brasil. Se você quer visitá-lo por esses motivos eu diria VENHA RÁPIDO! VOCÊ NÃO VAI SE ARREPENDER!!!

I'd say Japan, cause I'm an otaku. I would love to see Japanese culture with my very own eyes. Also, Australia sounds like a pretty fun place too. I would like to spend some time there.

Josh

=P
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I'd love to visit Australia. Seeing kangaroos would be pretty cool, and in general not being in freezing cold Canada would be nice. I'd get to see actual wildlife and shit, and tropical area in genwral I could also practice surfing, I did really poorly in Florida. It's not as much like boarding as people say lol.

O and I could meet up with Zangooser thelinearcurve and baconbagon (I think ur from aussieland bacon). We could probably push zangooser into some kangaroo shit or something. Fun times.

Edit: LegendBoy come at the same time and we can beat up zangooser together <3

Last edited:

baconbagon

free stabmons
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I'd love to visit Australia. Seeing kangaroos would be pretty cool, and in general not being in freezing cold Canada would be nice. I'd get to see actual wildlife and shit, and tropical area in genwral I could also practice surfing, I did really poorly in Florida. It's not as much like boarding as people say lol.

O and I could meet up with Zangooser thelinearcurve and baconbagon (I think ur from aussieland bacon). We could probably push zangooser into some kangaroo shit or something. Fun times.
I'M FROM NEW ZEALAND, DUMBASS

Zangooser doesn't need any more kangaroo shit, he's already stinky

edit:
[19:22:01] +Zangooser: bacon can you pls stop suggesting I'm stinky, it makes me depressed :(
[19:22:43] +Zangooser: bacon you should call Josh that instead imo

ok sure

Last edited:

Edit: LegendBoy come at the same time and we can beat up zangooser together <3
I can bring over some thugs, and we'll show Zangooser.
Also, I'd like to go to France, to visit my aunt and my cousin. It sounds like a pretty fun place imo. Hell, maybe I would even see Awu there. *Thinks about more potential countries* So, yeah, the States, too. But I heard they're not that fun.

I would probably go to Japan, London and Canada - Im pretty focused in where i want to go and my plans for my life but yeah its pretty straight forward for me. I've already been to Australia and Fiji, Australia is pretty meh, would recommend going to Gold Coast, Sydney, Melbourne, Perth and Adelaide. If anyone is looking to go to Fiji, Westside of Fiji is where the resorts and awesome areas are, other than that wouldn't recommend anywhere else for tourists.

Brazil cause I'm a formula 1 nut and it would be me paying my respects. Also since I love history Egypt.

Not really a specific place but i'd love to just do a long road trip once. Route 66, going through europe or heck even going from Amsterdam to Sidney. There is just something about travelling long ends in a car that I just really like. Also I always used to navigate when I went on vacation with my family.

Also I really want to go to Canada once. Nature there is beautiful and something about canda always appealed to me. Also I really want to see a moose once those animals just look so cool.

Lastly those small Oceanica islands are something I want to visit too. The islands look beautiful and aren't infected by tons of tourists yet. Also it is interesting to see how a small island nation could survive for so long with much help from outside.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)