ORAS NU Fight Forever

QueenOfLuvdiscs

Tier 3 Audino sub
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
NO YOU CAN'T FIGHT FOREVER!

Hey guys, I'm here bringing you a 'queen balance'* stall team that I really like using in the current meta, because it checks a lot of the top tier threats pretty well and the team is really cute looking, which makes it seem pretty underwhelming in team preview but can seriously put in a lot of work if you start slacking.

When we first got the new drops in NU, I instantly wanted to build around Fletchinder, as I knew it would have so much potential in the tier; being able to have a STAB base 110 priority move, statusing your opponent as well as having good defensive typing, despite the obvious rock weakness. I played around with a lot of mons like Gourgeist and Claydol, but they didn't fit nicely with what I was looking for, so eventually this was born and it's so fun to use.

li'l smogonbird (Fletchinder)
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 208 HP / 76 Atk / 224 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Acrobatics
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Will-O-Wisp

The star of the team. This little bird is a force to be reckoned with if unprepared for it and can easily clean up late game due to priority Acrobatics. The move set is pretty standard; not much thought went into that part of it. The EVs however, I spent a while trying to find what spread would fit and knowing that Kabutops would be popular because we lost a counter to it in the tier shifts (R.I.P Seismitoad), I'd thought I'd give it enough out prioritise Adamant Kabutops. The Attack investment allows Fletchinder to OHKO Sawk and Lilligant after rocks with 0 attack boosts, as they two are still big threats atm, so the rest went into HP to give it more bulk than the 'standard NU fletchinder' spread.

my bae (Audino) @ Audinite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 232 HP / 208 Def / 48 SpA / 20 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell

- Dazzling Gleam
Every stall team needs a cleric as well a Fairy-type, imo, so Mega Audino was an easy fit on the team and anyone that knows me will know that Audino is one of my favourite Pokemon to use, hence the nickname. The EV spread is one I came up with in early ORAS and it still works in the current meta, being able to have a really good chance to 3HKO SpD ResTalk Malamar whilst still having good bulk. I'm using the standard cleric set on it because it just works so well on the team.

postman (Pelipper) @ Leftovers
Ability: Keen Eye
EVs: 240 HP / 196 Def / 16 SpD / 56 Spe
Bold Nature

- Scald
- Roost
- Defog

- U-turn
I wanted a water resist that could remove hazards so I had a few options; Pelipper was the final result as it also has access to U-turn so I could keep up momentum whilst also getting some crisp chip damage off on my opponent. The speed invest allows Pelipper to outspeed max speed Ada Rhydon, which is a huge threat to stall, so being able to outspeed it and OHKO it with Scald is really helpful. The defense investment also allows Pelipper to take a Stone Edge from said Rhydon from full, so if that ever arose, you can switch in and OHKO it the next turn.

it gets better (Rotom) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 48 SpA / 208 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hex
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split
I now needed something that could switch into Magneton as that tears through the current mons I have and as I had a U-Turn user, I thought I'd might as well throw on a Volt Switch user as well, so Rotom was next. I went with a bulky spread on Rotom so I could take more hits from Magneton as well as add more overall bulk to the team. The set is designed to cripple the slower physical attackers that threaten this team like Pinsir and Sawk as well get a big Hex hit on the more bulky mons after you burn them.

always hax'd (Musharna) @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 240 HP / 136 Def / 104 SpD / 28 Spe
Calm Nature
- Calm Mind
- Barrier
- Stored Power

- Moonlight / Rest

I now really needed a special wall, but I also wanted another Pokemon that could set up in case Fletchinder couldn't pull through. It took some time to find what would fit, but eventually I found the perfect mon for the job; SpD Barrier CM Musharna! This set just wins so many games because of the sheer bulk this can get as well as the exponential power of Stored Power. The spread allows Musharna to set up on Pokemon like Magneton and Magmortar with ease then just heal off the damage next turn. It has a decent amount of speed creep as I don't want my Musharna getting outsped by opposing Musharna as well as it outspeeding 0 Spe Stunfisk, which is seeing more usage, so that it can't Toxic it and put it on a timer, but if you wanna be able to avoid status, Rest is an option but you just have to be careful of giving your opponent 2 free turns.

fuck magnets (Ferroseed) @ Eviolite
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 44 Atk / 88 Def / 124 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Knock Off

Finally, like every team, I needed hazards to get the essential residual on my opponent to help with Fletchinder +Musharna cleaning up late game, but not only did I need hazards, I needed a Kabutops switch in, so Ferroseed was the only logical thing to use. I went with dual hazards since Fletchinder isn't max attack, it'd need a bit more residual than normal, so I forgo Protect. Leech Seed is such a good move as it allows Ferroseed to remain healthy whilst wearing down my opponents. For the last move slot, I decided that because Magneton is gonna be common, Knock Off would be better than Gyro Ball, which is why my Ferroseed has attack investment. With those EVs, Knock Off 2HKOs 0/0 Magneton's Substitutes so that it can't set up on it with Charge Beam and being able to remove Leftovers or Life Orbs on other Pokemon really helps wear down my opponent or make then weaker, so I can take more hits potentially.

Threat List:

Snow Warning Aurorus: The specs set 2hkos the entire team with Blizzard barring Musharna, but Musharna can't heal a lot back due to Hail being up. Extremely hard to play around, but can be done by sacking a mon (or two ;_;)

Magmortar: Musharna is the only switch in the team has to this, so a well played Magmortar can rip through this team pretty easily.

CB Sawk: Despite having three resists to Fighting, as well as one immunity, the prediction needed to combat Sawk is to stop it from just destroying the team with Knock Off or it's over coverage options is pretty important to stay ahead.

So that's the team. I've had fun using it and hopefully you guys will too! n_n
li'l smogonbird (Fletchinder)
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 208 HP / 76 Atk / 224 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Acrobatics
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Will-O-Wisp

my bae (Audino) @ Audinite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 232 HP / 208 Def / 48 SpA / 20 Spe
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell
- Dazzling Gleam

postman (Pelipper) @ Leftovers
Ability: Keen Eye
EVs: 240 HP / 196 Def / 16 SpD / 56 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Roost
- Defog
- U-turn

it gets better (Rotom) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 48 SpA / 208 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hex
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

always hax'd (Musharna) @ Leftovers
EVs: 240 HP / 136 Def / 104 SpD / 28 Spe
Calm Nature
- Calm Mind
- Barrier
- Stored Power
- Moonlight

fuck magnets (Ferroseed) @ Eviolite
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 44 Atk / 88 Def / 124 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Knock Off

*queen balance is having up to two offensive/set up mons on a team, yet the team is still really fat. May look like stall, but it's not...trust me

ryan

Jojo Siwa enthusiast
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
sd kabutops is really threatening to your team unless you play really aggressively around it because ferroseed can't actually do much to it. i'd run bullet seed over knock off on ferroseed, but if you're willing to tweak some team members, you can run it over a hazard and fit on another setter somewhere else. i think the only thing you could potentially cut is fletchinder because everything else does something very important for the team, but i'm sure you probably don't want to do that, so i'd just run bullet seed over knock off and call it a day. magneton is almost always specs or scarf, and most of the ones that aren't still run evio four attacks. i wouldn't be so worried about sub charge beam magneton. at the very least, it's less relevant than sd kabutops.

Sweet Jesus

Neal and Jack and me, absent lovers...
I'd switch your mushy for kee berry b-pass mushy. If a dark type wrecks your mushy sweep, you can still pass to megadino, rotom or maybe even pelipper. Having psychic over stored power also helps when you just need to make a little damage right now!
You can keep a more specialy defensive set if you want, but mushy already has insane sp.d and I don't think you'll miss on that much

Musharna @ Kee Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Psychic
- Calm Mind
- Moonlight
- Baton Pass

njnp

We don't play this game to lose.
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
Great Team Bud With Camerupt and Tyhplosion leaving the meta I hope more rmt's like this come out!

*queen balance is having up to two offensive/set up mons on a team, yet the team is still really fat. May look like stall, but it's not...trust me
you're right, it's called semi-stall,,,,,,,,

anyways sick team obvi, not a lot breaks through it and it has p nice synergy all around (musharna is a fucking bitch). Spreads are nice as always, especially ferroseed that spread is fire.

looking at the team, it looks kinda weak to pawniard at first glance. If it comes in on a defog then nothing wants to catch a +2 Knock off outside of M-Audino which'll get subsequently bopped by a +2 Iron Head or get SD'd upon. You have a couple checks to it in Rotom and Fletch b/c they can outspeed and burn but as we all know, relying on wisp to hit is a shaky check at best. Unfortunately there isn't much you can change to fix this without messing up the whole structure of the team. I'm just gonna suggest you change your fletch spread to a spread with 248 HP / 92 Atk / 16 Def / 152 Spe Adamant. This Spread lets you live a +2 Pawn Knock Off from full while still maintaining the same attack number you had before, as well as creep 144 Fletch which is the most common spread rn.

edit: also @above he needs Barrier CM mush in order to beat other CM psychics like CM Xatu which are a huge threat to the team without it.

sik team and great presentation (wonder where you got that from) xd.

: 248 HP / 92 Atk / 16 Def / 152 Spe

Bughouse

Like ships in the night, you're passing me by
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
One thing that came to mind was altering your set up sweeper situation.
Instead of Musharna, you could try Unaware Curse Quagsire.

Helps you against Fire mons that lack HP Grass, makes you less reliant on Audino to stop Malamar. Solid Kabutops stopper. It's just less weak to set-up sweepers in general (Carracosta looks scary, for example). And you already have Ferroseed and Fletchinder to stop most Grass types. And once you have Quagsire, you can probably switch Audino back to Knock Off which will help the rest of the team a lot.

I'm not sure what Musharna is offering the team right now in particular other than being a generic bulky wincon, but Quaggy should be able to do that too, along with other more useful defensive help.

Hey QueenOfLuvdiscs

Cool team, glad to see you are starting to try more play styles (even if 66% of the team is a stall team lbh), and personally the team really interests me. I love Fletch as a Mon, its not broken yet possess one of the best assets in the metagame, should you be able to settup successfully which is a priority 110 bp flying type attack. Now, in almost any situation, that's quite scary tbqh.

Onto your team, I feel like you have no answers for special attackers like Magmortar, Specs Aurorus and Magneton (no Rotom isnt a counter) as you have mentioned in your threat list. This can be quite limiting to your team especially, since if the opponent takes out one Mon in your core, another Mon will become more threatening as a result, so its quite important that we have switch ins for these types of mons.
Unfortunately, NU is not blessed with an abundance of checks for these pokemon in particular, so we will just have to make do and mend.
Im going to suggest to you Offensive 3 Attacks Kabutops w/ Rapid Spin > Pelipper.
By fitting a more offensive hazard control, you are giving less chance for mons like Magmortar, Specs Aurorus to come in for free, and even if they take a life, you can come in and threaten them with Waterfall / Stone Miss. + it can take a specs aurorus hyper voice if need be, adds an extra rain check (weeeehoo) and checks all of the mons in your threat list while maintaining your hazard control (!)

As far as sets are concerned, I think your fine with that, I know how much you love your custom EV spreads.

Kabutops @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Waterfall
- Stone Edge
- Superpower (other ferroseed stall seem annoying af)
- Rapid Spin

^ you also might want to change your mushy to Colbur berry, gives you a much more reliable switch in on fighters.

apart from that cool team, I wish you the best of luck in the future.
yours in mons,
~HJAD

Blast

Member of the Alien Nation
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
If you wanna run a Grass move on Ferro I would forgo Spikes instead of Knock Off, not sure if you're really gonna get up that many hazard layers since you need to Leech Seed stuff to stay alive, and they'll usually just get blown away by Defog since Fletch needs hazards off the field.

Generally most strong special attackers seem like pretty big threats cause your team's so heavily invested in phys def mons, though like holly said it's kind of hard to give up most of your team members. Bulky Protect Lanturn > Rotom is a decent catch-all to the ones that look to give you the most trouble, though giving up Levitate + Wisp kind of sucks. If you're willing to do some experimenting though, that's where I'd start.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)