smogon irl

Hey guys! I'm attending the Lana Del Rey concert in Arizona this Thursday, and I was wondering if anybody else on here was? Might be unlikely, but I would love to meet anyone! So... yeah. If anybody's going, let me know and hopefully we can arrange something. :)

doomsday doink

v̶̱̅i̵̢̕l̶̦̈́ļ̵͗a̷̙̓g̸͈͝ę̵̎ ̵̱̌g̷̭͆û̷̦a̵̰͛ȓ̶̜d̸
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hey guys! I'm attending the Lana Del Rey concert in Arizona this Thursday, and I was wondering if anybody else on here was? Might be unlikely, but I would love to meet anyone! So... yeah. If anybody's going, let me know and hopefully we can arrange something. :)
I wonder who lives in Arizona...

skylight

a sky full of lighters ☆
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Since layell updated I will too. :)

These days I live with a Smogoner (Frizy). I moved in like two weeks ago and it's p good.

Other people from smogon don't live nearby in Queensland I think sooo stuck with just him (which I enjoy). :3

ginganinja

It's all coming back to me now
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
ew and i went shopping and played league of legends at an internet café)
What champion was ew feeding with this time?

Also ye @ Hip + Pluff I don't mind meeting up again with the old NZ #ocn crowd again since Wellington is only like a 3.5hr drive but I don't plan on visiting AUS yet till I have $$$.

MiniArchitect

Detail Disoriented
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I've yet to meet any Smogoners irl myself, but it'd be awesome to do sometime. I think there are at least two or three users here who go to University of Maryland with me (I'm finishing up my junior year now), and D.C. is a quick metro ride away for anyone near there so if anyone wants to hang out or anything, feel free to let me know!

alamaster

hello
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I've met a few smogonites across the country. It has gone well each time so I wouldn't mind meeting more in the future. Currently living in Ontario, if anyone wants to meet up let me know! Just send me a PM or reply here, I'd be down to hang out.

My icebreaker to meeting my best friend irl was seeing him on smogon in the 10th grade, basically took down his username and e-stalked him for a bit. Never made an account until now, though.

Holiday

on my best behavior
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Do Smogon users even know where Knoxville is?

If you do live close hmu and we can meet up, you give me your PokePlushes and I give you this A1 body ya feel?

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
i've met a ton of smogoners actually

first was gormenghast back in like 2008

then steelicks when i visited australia, i called him and asked him if he wanted to meet up for lunch and he said 'only if youre prepared to get pawns like dog'

dm, fish, and fishy came to visit me in tokyo a couple years ago, which was about as wonderful as you'd imagine

big bayou came to tokyo last summer and we hung out a bit but as i said in another thread it felt oddly strained given our prior closeness

strangerdanger came out here a couple months later after going to league of legends worlds in seoul, dude positively glows with worldlove, it was a pleasure to meet him
WOW RUDE

Aside from Pokémon-related events where I've met hundreds:
  • Met up with other local people I met from Smogon on a fairly regular basis in Vancouver (Arti, feathers, Chinese Dood, R Inanimate, caffwin, Team Rocket Elite, Crawdaunt etc)
  • I remember Brain visited Vancouver and I met up with him
  • Try to meet up with moot and some other Seattle players at PAX every year
  • While I lived out in Ontario I organized a meetup that a bunch of people came to including DM, gene, Brain, Phiddlesticks, Jackal, Ripchord, Layell, Rodan, Snkz, kakky, and ivysaur
  • On the way to Nationals one year I had dinner with Tangerine in Chicago
  • While in Montreal I hung out with Vineon and Brain
  • While in London I met up with Dozz, cookie, and McGraw
  • While in Amsterdam I met up with Mekkah
  • While in Tokyo I met up with Glen WHO FORGOT ME
  • A month or so back alex was in Vancouver and I met up with him
  • makiri and Zubat visited Vancouver just a few weeks ago
The network you make online can be pretty helpful. I did a trip down to California and Arizona for two weeks where I had free housing the entire time (Thanks Huy / OmegaDonut) and great road trip friends (Thanks Duy / Alaka)!

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
DM what a nostalgia rush
my normal reply would contain a picture from said trip, but all those pictures are on an external drive in another city so just pretend I posted an awesome picture of chaos and me being awesome

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)