Mawile

Aberforth

is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Ubers Leader
[OVERVIEW]

While Mega Mawile has the highest Attack stat in the game, its middling Speed and poor dual STAB coverage mean that it struggles with wallbreaking, contrary to what its Attack stat would suggest. In particular, it is completely stopped by Primal Groudon, which resists both of Mawile's STAB moves and can outspeed it. Mega Mawile's niche is largely in checking some specific special attackers with its fantastic defensive typing while being able to gain momentum with Baton Pass, allowing it to switch out of the Pokemon that it cannot harm.

[SET]
name: Mawile (Special Tank)
move 1: Iron Head
move 2: Play Rough
move 3: Sucker Punch
move 4: Baton Pass
item: Mawilite
ability: Intimidate
nature: Adamant
evs: 248 HP / 16 Atk / 244 SpD

Moves
========

Iron Head is Mawile's STAB attack that, with hardly any Attack investment whatsoever, gives it the ability to OHKO Fairy-types, including standard Geomancy Xerneas after Stealth Rock and Diancie. Play Rough OHKOes Yveltal, Darkrai, Latios, and Latias and deals a lot of damage to all of the common Dragon-types in Ubers. Additionally, it provides a nearly guaranteed OHKO on standard Dark Arceus after Stealth Rock. Sucker Punch is Mawile's way of circumventing its terrible Speed stat and OHKOes offensive Mewtwo, as well as the rarer Mega Mewtwo Y. Sucker Punch is the only priority move that Mawile gets, and it can also aid Mawile in cleaning up weakened teams, considering that almost every Pokemon will outspeed it. Baton Pass is what gives Mawile a niche over Klefki; it can generate good momentum on forced switches or, if you mispredicted your opponent, be a slow momentum grabber, allowing something to come in for free without risk of taking damage or mispredicting.

Set Details
========

The HP and Special Defense EVs enable Mawile to always survive any attack from +2 Geomancy Xerneas after Stealth Rock damage and any attack from neutral Salamence, allowing it to revenge kill Salamence with Play Rough. The EVs also allow Mawile to switch comfortably into all Yveltal variants, barring the rare Heat Wave Yveltal, thanks to its typing. 16 Attack EVs with an Adamant nature guarantee an OHKO on standard Geomancy Xerneas after Stealth Rock damage or OHKO after Iron Head and Sucker Punch if Stealth Rock is not set up. Intimidate is the only useful ability Mawile gets before Mega Evolving.

Usage Tips
========

Mawile can check most special attackers, barring some Arceus formes and Kyogre, due to its natural bulk; however, its lack of recovery means that it should be played quite conservatively if it is needed later on in the game to stop a Geomancy Xerneas sweep, as it doesn't take much prior damage for Mawile to fail to check Xerneas. Once physical walls are weakened and Mawile isn't needed to check something to avoid a sweep, it can be used to put a dent in many Pokemon that do not resist its STAB moves.

Team Options
========

Primal Kyogre is a fantastic teammate for Mawile thanks to its ability to weaken Groudon and the synergy it has with Mawile, with the only two Pokemon that wall both of them being Primal Groudon and Ferrothorn. Latias can deal with most of the special attackers that Mawile struggles with, such as Kyogre and some Calm Mind Arceus formes. Having a solid Ho-Oh switch-in is important, as without Stealth Rock set up Ho-oh can switch in on Mawile with ease; as such, Rock Arceus, Water Arceus, Giratina-O, and physically defensive Primal Groudon can be good partners. It is also good to have a Pokemon that resists or is immune to Ground on the team, making Giratina-O and Latias good partners, especially because they can provide Defog support, which Mawile needs because Spikes ruin its ability to take on Geomancy Xerneas.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options=============

Mawile has a few other options that it can use in certain situations, with moves such as Foul Play discouraging opposing physical sweepers from setting up on it, Focus Punch bypassing Ferrothorn and hitting Primal Groudon relatively hard on the switch, and Rock Slide KOing Ho-Oh on the switch regardless of Stealth Rock being on the field or not. It also gets access to Stealth Rock, which can be used if you need a Stealth Rock setter that can switch in on Latios and Latias while not being setup bait for Xerneas. All of these moves perform much poorer against Primal Groudon than those on the Baton Pass set, though.

Checks and Counters
===================

**Primal Groudon**: Primal Groudon can switch in and take minimal damage from any attack Mawile uses and OHKO it with any STAB attack. Rock Polish variants can also set up on it.

**Ferrothorn**: Ferrothorn can switch in and take very little from any of Mawile's STAB attacks and wear it down with Iron Barbs and Leech Seed damage. Leftovers and Leech Seed recover about as much damage as Mawile does to Ferrothorn, and allows Ferrothorn to easily stack Spikes.

**Primal Kyogre**: Primal Kyogre can switch in on a predicted Iron Head, avoid being KOed by Sucker Punch, and OHKO Mawile with Origin Pulse.

**Support Arceus Formes**: Support Arceus formes can burn Mawile with Will-O-Wisp, neutralizing Mawile's offensive abilities, and recover the damage that Mawile does to them.

**Ground Arceus**: Ground Arceus OHKOes Mawile with Earthquake and can set up if it comes in after Mawile has knocked out an opposing Pokemon and threaten to sweep. Mawile has a hard time stopping it due to Ground Arceus not being pulled into Sucker Punch range after a Play Rough.

**Ho-Oh**: Ho-Oh cannot switch in when Stealth Rock is set up, as it will then be KOed by Sucker Punch after taking damage from any attack, but if Stealth Rock is not set up it can switch in and threaten Mawile out with a Sacred Fire while recovering most of the damage it took from switching into an attack from Regenerator.

**Spikes**: Mawile's ability to check Xerneas and other special attackers is impeded significantly when Spikes are on the field, and with Mawile not having any recovery, all chip damage is permanent.

**Burn**: Like all physical attackers, Mawile hates getting burned. While clerics would normally be capable of dealing with this, all chip damage on Mawile is permanent, and taking a single round of burn damage means that it will fail to check the things it normally would manage to check, on top of Mawile losing all of its offensive presence while it is burned.

Last edited:

SparksBlade

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Community Leader
  • in cons mention the opportunity cost of not using mega mence
  • outrun>outran in cons(minor but ye)
  • i dont think 248/252+ Ho-Oh exists
  • mention SD in moves(not in oo that is) and mention that TR support is valuable but not necessary(WreckDra said this when i talked to him)
  • in set details, the intimidate point is a bit confusing
  • Ho-Oh: mention that it needs to be wary of rock slide, and if rocks are up then it cant switchin on any attack except sucker punch
  • PrimaOgre in CC: 16+ Atk Huge Power Mega Mawile Play Rough vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Primal Kyogre: 174-205 (43 - 50.7%) -- 2.3% chance to 2HKO
  • i wouldnt consider this a check/counter
  • ferrothorn in cc imo

Aberforth

is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Ubers Leader
  • Changed Ho-oh calc to something more likely to be encountered, according to the calculator.
  • Primal Kyogre can come in on Iron Head or Sucker Punch and will OHKO Mawile with Origin Pulse if offensive, and will 2hko with scald if defensive, while Mawile cannot out-damage without going for Play Rough on the switch, so I think that falls under the category of check.

The other points have been added in.

Freeroamer

The greatest story of them all.
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
Initial ability should be Intimidate, granted you shouldn't be taking physical hits anyway but it's the most useful ability and you need to list a base ability. I actually think Baton Pass might even be worthy of a slash, when I used it alongside a speedy Primal Kyogre it's ability to get the jump on a Primal Groudon or Groundceus at least once was invaluable for gaining momentum.

Aberforth

Ubers Leader
Changed, I had thought it had intimidate already. And I might put Baton Pass as a slashed option, I do find it useful myself.

Inspirited

There is usually higher ground.
is a Contributor Alumnus
I am thinking about Baton Pass, and I feel like causing 50:50s is the best thing Mawile can do against competent teams, I think it should be in the fourth slot by itself to be honest. It can only work with one relevant trapper though: Wobbuffet, so it will need a team member that can set up on an encored Primal Groudon and merk most of the meta in doing so (I.E. DD Rayquaza). It still has no large Defensive or Offensive niche doing this, but it is at least something that isn't sitting around trying to do damage in a meta where it can't damage anything due to Primal Groudon. I would like to think about this more though and possibly try it for myself.

E: I can't recomend Swords Dance + Baton Pass though, it is just too slow and frail to do this effectively imo.

Last edited:

Fireburn

BARN ALL
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
"Mawile is almost never a pokemon that will sweep, and it is best served as a wallbreaker that can lead to a sweep by things like Ekiller and Xerneas." - It's not really doing any wallbreaking vs teams with Primal Groudon. Instead mention how you can use it as a pivot with Baton Pass to help put pressure on PDon, etc.

Mention Ghost-Arc as a partner as Maw is a decent switch into Dark-types. Also mention specific Ho-Oh switchins and more PDon checks (Lati and Tina-O should get bigger mentions).

OO should be limited to SD/Slide/Foul Play/SR. Focus Punch doesn't have many useful targets, Knock Off is worthless when your #1 counter is immune to it.

Stress carefully how bad this is vs PDon in the overview.

QC 1/3

oh........................................ that's.................................... so lame.

ok i approve it then i GUESS

these kinds of analyses need big asterisks on the side or something in the dex

Aberforth

Ubers Leader
I still need to finish the write up, which should be up in a couple of days. I had a couple exams recently, which is why this has been on hold for a week or two.

Inspirited

is a Contributor Alumnus
First of all, the formatting needs to conform to what Oglemi posted here so that it can be uploaded properly, but on to the QC stuffs.

In the overview, change "special attackers" to "a few special attackers". Mawile's defensive typing is good, its Special Defense and HP are mediocre at best.

set details: "one layer of Stealth Rock" is a bit winded as there are no more than one layer possible. Changing it to "after Stealth Rock damage" is what I would do.

Checks and Counters needs a format overhaul as you will see in Oglemi's thread.

Do this, and I will stamp.

Inspirited

is a Contributor Alumnus
Since Mawile will now be switching around a bunch thabks to its needing to run Baton Pass, mention what team members you already have that also carry Defog as Spikes absolutely ruin Mawile.

In C&C, also mention Spikes under Primal Kyogre. Spikes basically screw up any chance that Mawile had at taking on Geoxern and limits what it can take a hit from in order to get a STAB attack off. Lack of recovery is the primary reasoning here. I would also mention burns on there own just to emphasize just how bad these are for Mawile.

C&C should be formatted like this also:
SDS Example Smeargle said:
Checks and Counters
=================
**Magic Bounce**: Pokemon with Magic Bounce hard counter hazard-laying Smeargle. Due to its complete lack of offensive capability, Smeargle is unable to do anything to Magic Bounce users. However, note that they may be unable to stop a Baton Pass user in a heads-up match since Shell Smash will make Smeargle faster than other

**Hazard Removal**: Since Smeargle is typically KOed early in the match, Rapid Spin and Defog can eliminate entry hazards place by Smeargle at a later time and completely undermine it's efforts. (Defog is guaranteed to remove hazards)

**Taunt**: Faster Pokemon with access to Taunt are the best answers to Smeargle. They're capable of preventing Smeargle from doing anything of note (though they should be wary of Magic Coat), and can often force Smeargle to switch out or Struggle.

**Grass-types**: Grass-type Pokemon hold the distinction of being immuneto Spore, and as such, cannot be set up on. This makes them capable of limiting Smeargle's hazard laying, preventing it from inflicting Sleep, and forcing it to use its Focus Sash early in the match. However, as always, Smeargle can still Baton Pass at least one boost, so more defensive Grass-types may not be effective.
I trust you will do these, so QC 3/3
QC_stamp.gif

Winry

Super Graduate-Level Napper
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
add/correct remove comments
[OVERVIEW]

While Mega Mawile is an interesting pokemon, which can fill somewhat decent niches in ubers, however it is ultimately doomed by the dominance of Primal Groudon in the tier, with it resisting both of Mawile’s stabs and outspeeding it, leaving it utterly countered by Primal Groudon, and the transition from XY into ORAS has resulted in a bulky offense filled metagame, which is arguably the metagame in which Mawile will put in the least amount of work. While it has the highest Attack stat in the game, its middling Speed and poor dual STAB coverage mean that it struggles with in wallbreaking, [ac] contrary to what as well as its Attack stat would suggest. In particular, it is completely stopped by Primal Groudon, [ac] which resists both of Mawile's STAB moves and can outspeed it. Mega Mawile's niche is largely in checking some specific special attackers with its fantastic defensive typing, [rc] while being able to gain momentum with Baton Pass, [ac] allowing it to switch out of the pokémon Pokemon that it cannot harm much into things that can hurt them a lot more.

[SET]

Moves
========

Iron Head is Mawile's STAB attack that, with hardly any Attack investment whatsoever, gives it the ability to OHKO Fairy-types, [ac] including standard Geomancy Xerneas after Stealth Rocks and, [rc] as well as any other fairy that you might see, like Diancie. Play Rough OHKOes is the secondary STAB attack, which means that Mawile can OHKO Yveltal, Darkrai, Latios, [ac] and Latias and deals a lot of damage to Lati@s, [rc] as well as doing heavily damages all of the common Dragon-types in Ubers. [period > comma] Additionally, [ac] it has while having a 93% chance to OHKO standard Dark Arceus after Stealth Rock. Sucker Punch is Mawile's way of circumventing its terrible Speed stat and OHKOes offensive Mewtwo, as well as the rarer Mega Mewtwo- [remove hyphen] Y. Sucker Punch is the only priority move that Mawile gets, and it so this can also aid it Mawile in cleaning up weakened teams, considering that almost every Pokemon will outspeed it. Baton Pass is what gives Mawile a niche over Klefki; [semi] it and can generate good momentum on forced switches or, if you mispredicted your opponent, be a slow momentum grabber, allowing something to come in for free without risk of taking damage or mispredicting.

Set Details
========

The HP and SpDef Special Defense EVs enable Mawile to always survive any attack from +2 Geomancy Xerneas after Stealth Rock damage and any attack from neutral Salamence, allowing it to revenge kill Salamence with Play Rough. The EVs also allow Mawile, as well as enabling it to switch comfortably into all Yveltal variants, [ac] barring the rare Heat Wave Yveltal, thanks to its typing. 16 Attack EVs with an Adamant nature guarantees an OHKO on standard Geomancy Xerneas after Stealth Rock damage or OHKO, and if stealth rock are not on the field, this spread gives a guaranteed KO after Iron Head and Sucker Punch if Stealth Rock is not set up. This spread also allows Mawile to live any attack from a Neutral Salamence, allowing it to revenge kill Salamence with play rough, and intimidate removing the +1 attack if it has set up and Mawile is not mega-evolved. Intimidate is the only useful ability Mawile gets before evolution Mega Evolving.

Usage Tips
========

Mawile can check most special attackers, [ac] in ubers that are not barring Arceus formes and or Kyogre, due to its natural bulk; [semi > comma] however, [ac] its the lack of recovery means that it should be played quite conservatively if it is needed later on in the game to stop a Geomancy Xerneas sweep, as it doesn't [fix apostrophe] take much prior damage for Mawile to fail to check Xerneas. Once physical walls are weakened, [rc] and Mawile isn't [apostrophe] it needed to check something to avoid a sweep, [once these things are weakened and Mawile isn't needed, what happens?] it can be used to put a dent in many Pokemon that do not resist its STAB moves. still hits hard on things that do not resist its Stabs, and has usable priority for things like Mewtwo and for cleaning up severely weakened teams. This is however rare, due to the Dominance of Primal Groudon.

Team Options
========

Primal Kyogre is a fantastic teammate for Mawile, [rc] thanks to its ability to weaken Groudon and the synergy it has with Mawile, with the only two Pokemon that wall both of them being Primal Groudon and Ferrothorn. It really appreciates a free switch into Primal Groudon, as then rain will be up and it can fire off high power water moves with less risk. Latias is another good option for teammates, as it can deal with most of the special attackers that Mawile struggles with, such as Kyogre and some Calm Mind Arceus formes. Having a solid Ho-Oh switch-in is important, as without Stealth Rock set up rocks Ho-oh can switch in on Mawile with a fair amount of ease; [semi > comma] as such, [ac] and so things like Arceus-Rock, Arceus-Water, Giratina-Origin Rock Arceus, [ac] Water Arceus, [ac] Giratina-O, [ac] and physically defensive Primal Groudon can be good partners. It is also good to have a Ground resistance and/or immunity on the team, in case Groudon or Arceus-Ground come in on an attack as opposed to Baton Pass, so Giratina-Origin and Latias are good partners especially because they can provide to fill this role as well as providing Defog support, which Mawile needs since because Spikes ruin its ability to take on Geomancy Xerneas.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============

Mawile has a few other options that it can use in certain situations, with moves like such as Foul Play discouraging opposing physical setup sweepers from start setting up on it, Focus Punch to bypassing Ferrothorn and hitting relatively hard on the switch, and Rock Slide KOing as well as rock slide, which KOs Ho-Oh on the switch, [rc] regardless of rocks being on the field or not. It also gets access to Stealth Rock, which can be used if you need a Stealth Rock setter that can switch in on Latios and Latias the Latis while not being setup bait for Xerneas. All of these sets moves perform much poorer against Primal Groudon than those on the Baton Pass set, [ac] though.

Checks and Counters
===================

**Primal Groudon**: Primal Groudon can switch in and take minimal damage from any attack Mawile uses and OHKO it goes for, while OHKOing with any STAB attack. [period > comma] Rock Polish variants can also set up for free as well as getting free setup if it is a rock polish variant.

**Ferrothorn**: Ferrothorn can manually switch in and take very little from any of Mawile's STAB attacks and can wear it down with Iron Barbs and Leech Seed damage. [period] racking up, and Leftovers and + Leech Seed recovering about as much damage as Mawile does damage to Ferrothorn, and allows Ferrothorn to easily stack Spikes.

**Primal Kyogre**: Primal Kyogre can switch in on a predicted Iron Head, [ac] and avoid being KOed by Sucker Punch, [ac] and OHKO Mawile put in range of sucker punch, while OHKOing with Origin Pulse.

**Support Arceus Formes**: Support Arceus formes can burn Mawile with Will-O-Wisp, [ac] neutralizing and neuter Mawile's offensive abilities, and while out-recovering the damage that Mawile does to them.

**Ground Arceus**-Ground: Ground Arceus-Ground ohkos OHKOes Mawile with Earthquake and can set up on Mawile if it comes in after Mawile has knocked out an opposing Pokemon and threaten to a sweep. [period] Mawile has a hard time stopping it due to Ground Arceus not without being pulled into Sucker Punch range after a Play Rough.

**Ho-Oh**: Ho-Oh cannot switch in when Stealth Rock is set up, [ac] are on the field as it will then being KOed by Sucker Punch after taking damage from be put in range of sucker punch by any attack, but if Stealth Rock is not set up are off the field it can switch in and threaten Mawile out with a Sacred Fire, [rc] while recovering most of the damage it took from switching in to an attack from Regenerator.

**Spikes**: Mawile's ability to check Xerneas and other special attackers is made significantly harder when Spikes are on the field, as it turns many 2HKOs into OHKOs, and with Mawile not having any recovery, all chip damage is permanent.

**Burn**: Like all physical attackers, Mawile hates getting burnted. While this would normally be capable of being dealt with by clerics, all chip damage on Mawile is permanent, and taking 12% from a burn means that it will fail to check the things it normally would manage to check, on top of Mawile losing all of its offensive presence while it is burnted.
1/2

Last edited:

Lumari

empty spaces
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris an Administrator Alumnus
TFP Leader
remove
add (Capitalize)

(comments); (AC=add comma; RC=remove comma; SC=semicolon)
[OVERVIEW]

While Mega Mawile has the highest Attack stat in the game, its middling Speed and poor dual STAB coverage mean that it struggles with wallbreaking, contrary to what its Attack stat would suggest. In particular, it is completely stopped by Primal Groudon, which resists both of Mawile's STAB moves and can outspeed it. Mega Mawile's niche is largely in checking some specific special attackers with its fantastic defensive typing while being able to gain momentum with Baton Pass, allowing it to switch out of the Pokemon that it cannot harm.

[SET]

Moves
========

Iron Head is Mawile's STAB attack that, with hardly any Attack investment whatsoever, gives it the ability to OHKO Fairy-types, including standard Geomancy Xerneas after Stealth Rock and Diancie. Play Rough OHKOes Yveltal, Darkrai, Latios, and Latias and deals a lot of damage to all of the common Dragon-types in Ubers. Additionally, it has a 93% chance to provides a nearly guaranteed OHKO on (that percentage is irrelevant imo, could have been 85% or 98% just as well -in practice, it's a single attack, and the only relevant information for the reader is 'it'll likely OHKO'- and since percentages generally do more harm than good no point in putting in something that doesn't add any relevant information whatsoever) standard Dark Arceus after Stealth Rock. Sucker Punch is Mawile's way of circumventing its terrible Speed stat and OHKOes offensive Mewtwo, as well as the rarer Mega Mewtwo Y. Sucker Punch is the only priority move that Mawile gets, and it can also aid Mawile in cleaning up weakened teams, considering that almost every Pokemon will outspeed it. Baton Pass is what gives Mawile a niche over Klefki; it can generate good momentum on forced switches or, if you mispredicted your opponent, be a slow momentum grabber, allowing something to come in for free without risk of taking damage or mispredicting.

Set Details
========

The HP and Special Defense EVs enable Mawile to always survive any attack from +2 Geomancy Xerneas after Stealth Rock damage and any attack from neutral Salamence, allowing it to revenge kill Salamence with Play Rough. The EVs also allow Mawile to switch comfortably into all Yveltal variants, barring the rare Heat Wave Yveltal, thanks to its typing. 16 Attack EVs with an Adamant nature guarantee an OHKO on standard Geomancy Xerneas after Stealth Rock damage or an OHKO after Iron Head and Sucker Punch if Stealth Rock is not set up. Intimidate is the only useful ability Mawile gets before Mega Evolving.

Usage Tips
========

Mawile can check most special attackers, barring some Arceus formes and Kyogre, due to its natural bulk; however, its lack of recovery means that it should be played quite conservatively if it is needed later on in the game to stop a Geomancy Xerneas sweep, as it doesn't take much prior damage for Mawile to fail to check Xerneas. Once physical walls are weakened and Mawile isn't needed to check something to avoid a sweep, it can be used to put a dent in many Pokemon that do not resist its STAB moves.

Team Options
========

Primal Kyogre is a fantastic teammate for Mawile thanks to its ability to weaken Groudon and the synergy it has with Mawile, with the only two Pokemon that wall both of them being Primal Groudon and Ferrothorn. Latias can deal with most of the special attackers that Mawile struggles with, such as Kyogre and some Calm Mind Arceus formes. Having a solid Ho-Oh switch-in is important, as without Stealth Rock set up Ho-oh can switch in on Mawile with ease; as such, Rock Arceus, Water Arceus, Giratina-O, and physically defensive Primal Groudon can be good partners. It is also good to have a Pokemon that resists or is immune to Ground resistance and/or immunity on the team,so making Giratina-Origin Giratina-O and Latias are good partners, especially because they can provide Defog support, which Mawile needs because Spikes ruin its ability to take on Geomancy Xerneas.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options (line break)
=============

Mawile has a few other options that it can use in certain situations, with moves(space)such as Foul Play discouraging opposing physical set up (should remove the space first of all, but it's honestly redundant with the subsequent part) sweepers from setting up on it, Focus Punch bypassing Ferrothorn and hitting Primal Groudon relatively hard on the switch, and Rock Slide KOing Ho-Oh on the switch regardless of rocks Stealth Rock being on the field or not. It also gets access to Stealth Rock,(space)which can be used if you need a Stealth Rock setter that can switch in on Latios and Latias while not being setup bait for Xerneas. All of these moves perform much poorer against Primal Groudon than those on the Baton Pass set, though.

Checks and Counters
===================

**Primal Groudon**: Primal Groudon can switch in and take minimal damage from any attack Mawile uses and OHKO it with any STAB attack. Rock Polish variants can also set up on it.

**Ferrothorn**: Ferrothorn can switch in and take very little from any of Mawile's STAB attacks and wear it down with Iron Barbs and Leech Seed damage. Leftovers and Leech Seed recover about as much damage as Mawile does to Ferrothorn, and allows Ferrothorn to easily stack Spikes.

**Primal Kyogre**: Primal Kyogre can switch in on a predicted Iron Head, avoid being KOed by Sucker Punch, and OHKO Mawile with Origin Pulse.

**Support Arceus Formes**: Support Arceus formes can burn Mawile with Will-O-Wisp, neutralizing Mawile's offensive abilities,(space)and recover the damage that Mawile does to them.

**Ground Arceus**: Ground Arceus OHKOes Mawile with Earthquake and can set up if it comes in after Mawile has knocked out an opposing Pokemon and threaten to sweep. Mawile has a hard time stopping it due to Ground Arceus not being pulled into Sucker Punch range after a Play Rough.

**Ho-Oh**: Ho-Oh cannot switch in when Stealth Rock is set up, as it will then be KOed by Sucker Punch after taking damage from any attack, but if Stealth Rock is not set up it can switch in and threaten Mawile out with a Sacred Fire while recovering most of the damage it took from switching in to into an attack from Regenerator.

**Spikes**: Mawile's ability to check Xerneas and other special attackers is made impeded significantly harder when Spikes are on the field, and with Mawile not having any recovery, all chip damage is permanent.

**Burn**:(add space)Like all physical attackers, Mawile hates getting burned. While this would normally be capable of being dealt with by clerics would normally be capable of dealing with this, (active voice > passive) all chip damage on Mawile is permanent, and taking 12% from a burn taking even a single round of burn damage (or remove the single round bit if I'm wrong in inferring that) means that it will fail to check the things it normally would manage to check, on top of Mawile losing all of its offensive presence while it is burned.

GP 2/2

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)