Pokémon Rumble World

skylight

a sky full of lighters ☆
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Over 40 attempts at Reshiram. Have befriended 9. None have Blue Flare. Literally killing me.

Reactions: JES

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Try soft resetting for Mewtwo over 50 times to get a decent trait. It drives me insane.

Yet I still do it for Dialga/Diancie/Kyurem-W/Giratina-O because apparently there's some joy in that. Maybe I'm somewhat desensitized lol.

(still looking for that multitrait dialga with slugger and a few more stuff so I can reasonably challenge WCSX on hard)

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Discord Leader
Has anyone actually gotten a Pokemon with a +++ or ++++ trait? There's an in-game tip that says they exist, but no one I know has actually seen one and they never existed before Rumble World... If they do, I can just imagine the implications behind the nuke that is Roar of Time powered up by a ++++ trait.

Also, one of the challenges in the World Championship X battle states you have to clear it with only Pikachu? I'm not even sure how's that remotely possible.

Has anyone actually gotten a Pokemon with a +++ or ++++ trait? There's an in-game tip that says they exist, but no one I know has actually seen one and they never existed before Rumble World... If they do, I can just imagine the implications behind the nuke that is Roar of Time powered up by a ++++ trait.
I don't know the source of this quote (probably one of the 3DS hacking sites) but this seems to be the situation.

This seems likely. They were probably coding the +++ traits and then they, like, overflowed numbers or something, so they made them unobtainable (rather than deleting them from the game), but they forgot to change the loading screen tip.

Does anyone know whether Giratina's forms are daily, 12-1:00 captures, or random? It's one of the few that I'm missing.

Jibaku

is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
I do believe Giratina's formes are daily. I've been trying to collect Giratina-O for a little while now and it seems to appear every other day.

skylight

a sky full of lighters ☆
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
On the 12th Reshiram captured... I finally got Blue Flare! Best part is it wasn't wobbly, nor sparkly so it was lucky. After that I went to three boss levels that I didn't have. Two guaranteed bosses and one I got without wobbly nor guaranteed. The luck is all rolling in at once :')

MikeDawg

Banned deucer.
It's worth noting that **** can be obtained by getting a combo of, say, techie++ and picky++ (both increase by +2).

Jibaku

I saw the Pokeball vivillon for the first time today. I was strolling through the stage killing stuff like usual when I noticed this. Glad it could wobble. I've yet to encounter another one.

There are multiple confirmed reports of people finding Pokeball Vivillon for the first time today. Could be some weird time-based thing like the events in the ORAS demo?

Got my first Epic. Just an Oddish, but it's a start.

Also got an Ice Boost Castform with Ice Beam and Blizzard already on it. Buuut, it was Sun form, gg.

EDIT: Found/caught a Rusty PokeBall Vivillon. Should I purify it? haha.

Last edited:

Jibaku

184 hours in and this game is still addicting. Perhaps it's just that I haven't completed WCSX on hard yet?

Regular WCSX has become somewhat easy for me, and I got as far as beating Reshiram/Zekrom in WCSX hard before the timer ran out. Then again, I was probably lucky with the creep waves. Wonder how much more I need from the last 2 atk Tree levels and further Dialga resets.

Also I looked back at Giratina's forme changes and find out that it's not daily. Giratina-O appears some time at night at some time range but I can't find out what it is. It appears to be shorter than 12 hours. Regardless, it does appear during the night time range of Kyurem-W/B/Therians and for the next 4 hours, at least.

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Discord Leader
The problem I see with this game is the fact that, since +++ and ++++ traits were scrapped late in development, these challenges were obviously meant to be completed with these super traits in mind. Due to them no longer spawning, their rarity is also unknown: Current ++ could have been ++++ in the past (which would make sense, ++ traits aren't very easy to find even with a Level 10 Special Tree).

I don't think the Atk trees will even make a different at this point. With the limits in place, you basically need to get by with multiple amazing Dialga / Mewtwo resets to spam Roar Of Time / Psystrike (I also think Secret Sword is vastly underexplored and it is one of the best moves in the game - backed up by the relevant traits, its usage in boss battles is fantastic), clever usage of Endeavor and abusing the fuck out of it for the giant bosses to even have a chance to complete WCSX on hard.

Jibaku

Experimenting with Guillotine but it turns out I need Snappy++ and/or Lingering (to go with Protect) so I can safely OHKO the crowds. Problem is I'd be stuck dealing with full HP bosses since Guillotine doesn't always work on bosses (also the hitbox disappears -.-). And when it does, it does like 500 damage or something.

My Snappy Guillotine/Protect Durant destroyed the first two waves with enough speed to cause the Regis to appear at 97 seconds, but couldn't handle the Gyarados/Aerodactyl/Dragonite wave due to Hydro Pump's range.

I've tried Secret Sword but I didnt find it too appealing due to it dealing literally the same (if not slightly less) damage than Sacred Sword with much less spammability in exchange for a little bigger frontal range.

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
Discord Leader
I actually meant Sacred Sword lol. 5 fully evolved things in the game get it (Virizion, Terrakion, Cobalion, Keldeo, Aegislash) and without any traits, it's just amazing.

Are OHKO moves really that solid?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)