Sticky Have a question? Ask it here! (NOT SM QUESTIONS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah well there you go. Like I said, you can't use those in the ORAS Maison. It's weird that they're showing up there though, I've never heard of this happening before... You're just going to have to plow through with Steven I'm afraid (actually a good thing coz Mega Metagross is ridiculous and way better than any of the friend list AIs)
So there's absolutely no way I can choose them for multi battle?

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
So there's absolutely no way I can choose them for multi battle?
Like my last two posts have said: no

If you won't take my word:

http://www.serebii.net/omegarubyalphasapphire/maisonpartners.shtml said:
Like its counterpart in Pokémon X & Y, the Battle Maison includes the special Multi Battle mode. Here, you can participate in Double Battles against two trainers, selecting two of your Pokémon. When you begin, you first get asked if you wish to do this with a friend. This is done via local connections, starting with utilising the 3DS IR and allows for you to both challenge it at the same time. Your streak is reset if you do this.

However, if you don't wish to play with a friend locally, you can play with an AI player. This time, unlike Pokémon X & Y, you have a limited amount of options, limited to your rival, Wally, Maxie/Archie and Steven, with no option for using the players on your friend list. This time, however, several of these characters have Mega Evolutions to help give you a further boost

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
That's a drag. Guess I'll just skip Battle Maison then. Thanks for the help since nobody else bothered to help
Just FYI; there's a Battle Maison thread here where you probably would have gotten a quicker / more informative reply. And I wouldn't skip it, Steven is fun as hell to sweep through Multi, or you could try to beat it with a different partner. I know the Maison thread guys would be interested to hear about a different Multi strat since everyone (except maybe one person who used Archie) has used Steven...

That's a drag. Guess I'll just skip Battle Maison then. Thanks for the help since nobody else bothered to help
People didn't reply because no one has any idea why that happened, or that it was possible for that to happen. All of those characters should appear, and you should be able to select them as Multi battle partners, to the best of my knowledge.

People didn't reply because no one has any idea why that happened, or that it was possible for that to happen. All of those characters should appear, and you should be able to select them as Multi battle partners, to the best of my knowledge.
Then maybe some kind of glitch then. Anyway I'm done with the topic so let's just drop it now. Bye

Does anyone have the Eon Ticket? If so could we battle/trade so you could pass it to me?
The Eon Ticket doesn't work like that (and if it did, this would be the wrong place to post it). You can only get it by being StreetPassed it by someone else who has it irl (or by using HomePass but you'll have to Google that because I'm not sure how that works).

How do you get a togetic with sesmic toss in oras!! I've been breeding for days the perfect togepi only to find put I forgot to get sesmic toss. Is there a move tutor or do I Half to go back 3 gens!

How do you get a togetic with sesmic toss in oras!! I've been breeding for days the perfect togepi only to find put I forgot to get sesmic toss. Is there a move tutor or do I Half to go back 3 gens!
It's only available as a FR/LG move tutor move. Togekiss does get generally much more useful moves once it evolves into Togekiss, such as the oh so lovable Air Slash and Aura Sphere.

This is more of a general question, but is there a speed run thread in orange islands? I assumed it would be with the other challenge runs, but I cannot find it. And if not, can I make a thread on it?

Edit: I looked around and didn't find a thread on this, so I'm going to make one.

Last edited:
Anyone feel like the percentage for passing on HA has decreased dramatically? I used to get around 60% and now I feel like I'm getting 20% HA passing a lot. Just me?

Anyone feel like the percentage for passing on HA has decreased dramatically? I used to get around 60% and now I feel like I'm getting 20% HA passing a lot. Just me?
If you mean breeding, it's 60% if you're breeding a HA female with a compatible male or Ditto, or 20% if you're breeding a HA male with a Ditto.

Edit: If you've been breeding for years, then you'd also know that statistically, bad streaks happen so ...?

Last edited:
Question about Deoxys during the delta episode, can you re-encounter it? Forcing myself to go through it since you have to do it just to get to the stupid battle maison, and I'm guessing you must catch Rayquaza to progress. But how about Deoxys? If I KO it, can I waste time RNGing it as I please later somewhere else? Or is it a one time deal?

I guess another semi-related question, do you need the fast bike to go through it like in the original, or is the acro ok?

Question about Deoxys during the delta episode, can you re-encounter it? Forcing myself to go through it since you have to do it just to get to the stupid battle maison, and I'm guessing you must catch Rayquaza to progress. But how about Deoxys? If I KO it, can I waste time RNGing it as I please later somewhere else? Or is it a one time deal?
If you KO Deoxys during the Delta Episode, you can re-encounter it at the Sky Pillar after re-defeating the E4.

You can't RNG on Gen 6 though.

True, I meant SRing lol. So that's good to know, I just need to SR for Rayquaza and KO Deoxys for later. Thanks.
It's highly recommended you KO Deoxys to handle later, since there are no opportunities to save between catching Rayquaza (which you must, but has a catch rate of 45 in this game) and the end of the Delta Episode.

I recently heard in a Pokémon fact video that Red uses the exact same Pokémon in the Pokémon Origins anime as Satoshi Tajiri did in his first playthrough of R/B/G. Thing is, I can't remember what the video is called. I want some confirmation on this fact. Can someone link me to a reliable source of this fact? Can't seem to find one.

Edit: Found the video. Fact starts around 5:00. Still looking for a source though.

Last edited:

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
I read somewhere that the Master Ball could fail in the Gen 1 games because it used the same check as accuracy. Is this true?

Never heard of Master Ball failing in Gen 1 before so I am not sure. However, I remember Master Ball failed me in Crystal when I used a Gameshark to encounter ????? (that's an actual name - the Hex value is 00. All other ????? I encountered can be caught except this for some reason). I keep on throwing Master Ball at it but it always fails

Well, Gen 1 Master Ball would fail on Marowak's ghost (with and without Silph Scope), but I'm not sure whether that really counts...

Never heard of Master Ball failing in Gen 1 before so I am not sure. However, I remember Master Ball failed me in Crystal when I used a Gameshark to encounter ????? (that's an actual name - the Hex value is 00. All other ????? I encountered can be caught except this for some reason). I keep on throwing Master Ball at it but it always fails
I'm pretty sure that the Master Ball always has a slight chance of failing. Need confirmation on this, however.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)