Project Core Analysis Workshop (Discussing Partners for Mega Sharpedo + Tank Chomp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thundurus @ Leftovers / Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power Ice
- Focus Blast / Psychic

Alright, I saw quite a few threats that started along the lines of "after a boost x can sweep the core." So let's add some speed control in the way of Prankster TWave. That gives the potential team in question a failsafe against boosting sweepers. In addition to that, Char-X only benefits from paralyzed targets, as it may not even have to setup in some cases lategame. Thundurus also offers decent coverage and a great speed tier in addition to the aforementioned speed control. Having two attackers that sit right above the 110 speed tier can only be a positive with how valuable that benchmark has become recently. LO gives more upfront power, however where this Thundurus is more of a supporting partner Leftovers can give it more sustainability.

Last edited:

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Taking Keldeo
Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Icy Wind
- Hydro Pump

As all of the mons that threaten this core are ice, rock, fire, steel, ground, or dark type, or all the physical attackers that dislike getting burnt, Keldeo is an amazing mon to partner this core. It can threaten every one of these types out with a super effective move, and it generally is a great mon to take on threats to this core. Keldeo's STAB moves can also smack opposing teams hard and wear down the opponent with burns or chip damage to put them in range of the members of the core. Since Keldeo is scarfed, it can outspeed any threat to this core and do a ton of damage to them, possibly putting them in range of the members of this core. Keldeo can also function as a revenge killer to finish off mons that have been severely weakened by the members of this core. Here are some calcs:
252 SpA Keldeo Hydro Pump vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Mega Aerodactyl: 372-440 (123.5 - 146.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Keldeo Scald vs. 88 HP / 0 SpD Talonflame: 354-416 (110.9 - 130.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO (have to hit on switch-in)
252 SpA Keldeo Icy Wind vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Latios: 112-132 (37.2 - 43.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO (slows down for serp to finish it off, but has to be on switch if scarfed)
252 SpA Keldeo Secret Sword vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Kyurem-B: 278-330 (71 - 84.3%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Keldeo Hydro Pump vs. 28 HP / 4 SpD Heatran: 338-402 (102.4 - 121.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Keldeo Hydro Pump vs. 80 HP / 0 SpD Seismitoad in Rain: 340-402 (91.6 - 108.3%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock (as it beats the core under rain)
252 SpA Keldeo Secret Sword vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Gyarados: 254-302 (76.7 - 91.2%) -- 25% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Keldeo Secret Sword vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Kingdra: 144-171 (49.4 - 58.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Keldeo Icy Wind vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Garchomp: 308-364 (86.2 - 101.9%) -- 50% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Keldeo Secret Sword vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Tyranitar: 388-460 (113.7 - 134.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Keldeo Secret Sword vs. 240 HP / 0 Def Goodra: 186-219 (48.8 - 57.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Keldeo Scald vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Landorus: 314-372 (98.4 - 116.6%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO
252 SpA Keldeo Hydro Pump vs. 16 HP / 0 SpD Scolipede: 243-286 (91.6 - 107.9%) -- 50% chance to OHKO
252 SpA Keldeo Icy Wind vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Noivern: 288-340 (92.6 - 109.3%) -- 56.3%

Everything isn't OHKOed but it definitely does a lot of damage to most of the mons that threaten this core.

Last edited:

Albacore

sludge bomb is better than sludge wave
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 212 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Rotom-W completes this FWG core rather well. The main threats to this core are fast Flying types liek Mega Aerodactyl, Talonflame and Tornadus-T, Rain sweepers and Scarfers. Rotom-W handle a lot of these quite well, it's one of the best answers to Talonflame and Tornadus-T, and being able to check a few Scarfers like Hetaran as well as Sand Rush Excadrill which can also be annoying for this core. Also provides VoltTurn support for the core, enabling Serperior to come in safely.

Last edited:
Nominating Azumarill as partner

Boink Boink @ Assault Vest or Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 240 Hp / 16 SpD / 252 Atk or 88 Hp / 252 Atk / 164 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Waterfall
- Knock Off

Given core has a fire type and a grass type; what do you add? Obviously a water type to complete your F/W/G core. Zard X here carries Fire+Ground coverage. The things that shits on that coverage are mostly ground immune dragon types. Said dragon types also comes in serperior's leaf storm with impunity and force them out. These troublesome bunch for the core is easily destroyed by Azumarill with her super-effective fairy stab. Outside of these dragons, those who are problematic for this core are fire, rock or flying type. Azumarill destroys them with her super-effective water stab. To put it simply, Azu beats the Lati twins, Mega Altaria, Mega Aerodactyle, Mega Gyara, Talonflame, Heatran, Mega Tyranitar, Goodra, Landorus, Noivern etc. On the other hand, Zard X and Serperior combine to make the life hard for Azu's counters as in Rotom-W, Venusaur, Ferrothorn, Zapdos Mega Man etc. Definitely a great partner for this core.

Last edited:
Reserving the hax lord Klefki.

Klefki @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 SpD
Impish Nature
- Play Rough
- Thunder Wave
- Spikes
- Magnet Rise

Klefki is a mon that I've really been liking lately. This core is threatened by the likes of fast dragons and Mega Aerodactyl. Luckily, this fancy set of keys takes care of all of those. Play Rough + T-wave kills almost every relevant dragon out there. It uses T-wave to cripple M-Aero and Magnet Rise to avoid a possible EQ. The EV spread is a custom one I use to always avoid the 2hko from Specs Sylveon's Hyper Voice after leftovers recovery. This is especially useful for this core, as Sylveon is also a threat. Spikes support is beautiful to support sweeps from either Serperior or Charizard.

Last edited:
Reserving Landorus-I

Landorus @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Shiny: Yes
Timid Nature
- Earth Power
- Sludge Wave
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Focus Blast

Landorus is a good partner for this core. It can destroy major threats as Heatran, Mega Altaria and Mega Tyranitar. Earth Power kill Heatran and Mega Tyranitar ensuring one hit ko these two pokes. With Sludge Wave can defeat Mega Altaria in his defensive set ensuring a one hit ko.

Last edited:

Dr Ciel

Banned deucer.
Reserving Latios.

Latios @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Roost
- Defog

Latios is a fantastic partner to this core based on a few simple facts. First and foremost, Charizard's health is cut by 50% when not Mega and 25% when Mega. Latios can defog away hazards rather easily while also forming a dual Dragon core along with MegaZard-X. It also helps Serperior by preventing it from getting worn down by hazards.

Last edited:

DarkNostalgia

Fading in, fading out, on the edge of paradise
is a Contributor Alumnus

Weavile @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard
- Knock Off
- Low Kick

Weavile is a good partner to this core, boasting the ability to take out a few threats that make this core struggle, such as Landorus, Thundurus, Heatran, Mamoswine, Mega Altaria, Garchomp, Noivern, Mega Aerodactyl because of its blistering Speed and access to Ice Shard to pick off faster threats such as Landorus, Thundurus, and Garchomp.

250px-642Thundurus.png
Thundurus (M) @ Life orb
Evs: 252 Spa / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Nasty plot
- Thunderbolt
- Grass knot
- Hidden power [Ice]

I am aware I am being unoriginal by merely reminding you about nasty plot thundurus's existance, yet I still felt like I should have posted this so, here it is, my nomination as a partner to the charX + serperior core, Thundurus Incarnate! Boasting great coverage via thunderbolt, grass knot, and hidden power [Ice], as well as legitimate means of boosting it's special offensive stat, Thundurus Incarnate is, arguable, one of the most potent pokemon to partner with charizardX as well as serperior, being able to erase all bulky waters as well as quagsire and other obesse grounds such as hippowdon and gastrodon (who all either wall or give charizardX trouble) with thunderbolt and grass knot respectively, thundurus incarnate can ALSO successfully check talonflame, pidgeot-mega, pinsir-mega AND tornadus therian, who all outspeed (standing at a sky-high base 121 speed tier in contrast to serperior's 113 spped tier) and one shot with their respective STAB moves (bar from pinsir who does not outspeed serperior but does severely dent it with priority via quick-attack despite not one shotting it, i think, i could be wrong..).

bludz

a waffle is like a pancake with a syrup trap
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
View attachment 41984
Thundurus (M) @ Life orb
Evs: 252 Spa / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Nasty plot
- Thunderbolt
- Grass knot
- Hidden power [Ice]

I am aware I am being unoriginal by merely reminding you about nasty plot thundurus's existance, yet I still felt like I should have posted this so, here it is, my nomination as a partner to the charX + serperior core, Thundurus Incarnate! Boasting great coverage via thunderbolt, grass knot, and hidden power [Ice], as well as legitimate means of boosting it's special offensive stat, Thundurus Incarnate is, arguable, one of the most potent pokemon to partner with charizardX as well as serperior, being able to erase all bulky waters as well as quagsire and other obesse grounds such as hippowdon and gastrodon (who all either wall or give charizardX trouble) with thunderbolt and grass knot respectively, thundurus incarnate can ALSO successfully check talonflame, pidgeot-mega, pinsir-mega AND tornadus therian, who all outspeed (standing at a sky-high base 121 speed tier in contrast to serperior's 113 spped tier) and one shot with their respective STAB moves (bar from pinsir who does not outspeed serperior but does severely dent it with priority via quick-attack despite not one shotting it, i think, i could be wrong..).
Sorry, someone already did Thundurus. I realize you are running a different set but I'm still not allowing repeats of the same pokemon.

There are still a few days left in the cycle so feel free to post another partner nomination as long as someone else has not already done or reserved it.

Starmie @ Life Orb
Ability: Analytic
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Psyshock
- Rapid Spin

The 3rd member of the FWG core. Provides Rapid Spin support and can defeat Lati@s, Landorus, Heatran, Keldeo and dent Mega Venusaur with Psyshock. Starmie's great base 115 Speed means the opponent is likely to take a big hit before going down. Pokemon that threaten Starmie such as Ttar, Mega Eye, Bisharp, Ferrothorn, and Scizor are easily taken out by Zard-X and Serperior. Talonflame is still a problem though.

Last edited:
Sorry, someone already did Thundurus. I realize you are running a different set but I'm still not allowing repeats of the same pokemon.

There are still a few days left in the cycle so feel free to post another partner nomination as long as someone else has not already done or reserved it.
Oh, i am sorry, i was unaware someone already did thundurus.. :c

hey everyone, longtimer lurker. hope im doing this right

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 SpD
Calm Nature
- Calm Mind
- Knock Off
- Soft-Boiled
- Moonblast

I'd like to discuss calm mind knock-off clefable as a partner. I know that sounds crazy, but hear me out. CM knock-off fable lures heatran and rids it of leftovers recovery, allowing you to wear it down quickly for both charizard and serperior, and of course for its own sweeping capabilities too. I've chosen the classic 96 sp.def calm spread because tornadus-T is a threat to the core and the extra bulk to take hurricanes is appreciated. My vision is to use a bulky zard-x in this core to switch into talonflames that are trying to scare off clefable and serperior, and then charizard's will-o-wisp support can greatly help this spdef clefable and serperior, who has naturally high spdef, better take hits on the physical side of the spectrum. one big problem is mega-altaria. with the lack of 252 defense and bold, clefable can't really switch in reliably all game, but you can catch it off guard with charizard-x's will-o-wisp, as most altarias think they can switch into zard x with relative fearlessness. still, a strong and bulky steel type may be a good way to expand this core further.

Gimmick

Electric potential
Partner: Dugtrio

Dugtrio (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Arena Trap
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
IVs: 21 HP / 0 Def / 0 SpD
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Reversal
- Memento

I actually posted this exact core here awhile back because it was extremely potent vs the metagame at the time and even held up against the force of time so this core still remains an excellent offensive trio (I'm fucking hilarious). Obviously, the main purpose of Dugtrio is to trap and get rid of Heatran for Serperior and Char-X to sweep since Heatran is one of the few checks to the core of Serp/Char. Running Dugtrio allows Char-X to run a more encompassing coverage move in Dragon Claw, which is great for hitting Lati@s. It also gets a boost from STAB and Tough Claws and rounds out its Dragon/Fire offensive coverage which hits everything except M-Altaria, Azumarill, and Heatran (which gets trapped anyway). However, Dugtrio has a much more impressive arsenal of support for the sweepers in both Stealth Rock and Memento. Memento almost guarantees a free Dragon Dance or Leaf Storm and is a wonderful asset to have after trapping and taking out various checks. The set I listed aims to utilize its last slot to pick off fighting weak Pokemon, namely Chansey. 21 HP IVs gives Dugtrio 201 HP, which means after 2 Seismic Tosses, Reveral can do an impressive chunk: 252 Atk Dugtrio Reversal (200 BP) vs. 4 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 418-492 (65.1 - 76.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO. Chansey is one of the only things stopping Serperior from sweeping standard Stall teams, so getting rid of it is a blessing for this core.

Memento deserves a lot more credit than people give it. It allows Char-X to set up Dragon Dances on many different notoriously powerful hitters even after x4 SR damage:

-2 252 SpA Life Orb Gengar Shadow Ball vs. 104 HP / 0 SpD Mega Charizard X: 99-117 (30.6 - 36.2%) -- 44.5% chance to 3HKO
-2 252+ Atk Choice Band Huge Power Azumarill Waterfall vs. 104 HP / 4 Def Mega Charizard X: 109-129 (33.7 - 39.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
-2 252 Atk Mega Metagross Earthquake vs. 104 HP / 4 Def Mega Charizard X: 108-128 (33.4 - 39.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
-2 252 Atk Tough Claws Mega Metagross Zen Headbutt vs. 104 HP / 4 Def Mega Charizard X: 85-102 (26.3 - 31.5%) -- guaranteed 4HKO
-2 252 SpA Choice Specs Keldeo Secret Sword vs. 104 HP / 4 Def Mega Charizard X: 94-112 (29.1 - 34.6%) -- 8.7% chance to 3HKO
-2 252+ SpA Mega Alakazam Psychic vs. 104 HP / 0 SpD Mega Charizard X: 117-138 (36.2 - 42.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

EDIT: Since this is a much more offensive-minded partner with a niche designed to help Char-X and Serperior sweep by trapping and removing defensive checks, the rest of the team would obviously compensate.

Last edited:

bludz

a waffle is like a pancake with a syrup trap
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Okay! This week is over and we will be moving onto a new cycle. Lots of contributions this week :)

Here's the new core:

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 HP / 164 Def / 76 SpD / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail
- Fire Blast

Skarmory @ Shed Shell
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Roost
- Whirlwind
- Iron Head

This defensive core relies on type synergy to set up hazards and rack up the damage. Skarmory checks Fairy types for Garchomp, while Garchomp takes on some powerful physical attackers like Talonflame and Bisharp which SpDef Skarmory cannot take on reliably. Garchomp is also great to prevent Volt-Turn teams from keeping momentum up (particularly Magnezones trying to Volt Switch out of Skarmory, hehe), and Skarmory can take advantage of this slower pace to set up Spikes. Both have phazing moves to deal with set-up sweepers and rack up more residual damage.

It's time to discuss potential threats to this core. Discussion will shift to partners on Thursday.

Last edited:
Reserving Specs Raikou

Raikou @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Shadow Ball

I don't know why, but I keep thinking this was Suicune when I was a kid.

Raikou vs Garchomp
252 SpA Choice Specs Raikou Hidden Power Ice vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Garchomp: 412-488 (98 - 116.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
or
252 SpA Choice Specs Raikou Hidden Power Ice vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Garchomp: 412-488 (98 - 116.1%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO
87.5% that is just scary.

Raikou vs Skarmory
252 SpA Choice Specs Raikou Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Skarmory: 366-432 (109.5 - 129.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Last edited:
Thundurus @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 76 Atk / 180 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Knock Off
- Superpower / Grass Knot
- Hidden Power Ice

Thundurus outspeeds both Pokemon and can OHKO Skarmory with STAB Thunderbolt while Garchomp is hit very hard with Hidden Power Ice. Knock Off is a good coverage move to hit Lati@s and Celebi hard while Superpower allows Thundurus to muscle past Chansey, Heatran and Tyranitar. However, if those are not a big concern, Grass Knot is viable to lure Gastrodon, Quagsire and Hippowdon (while also smacking Ttar hard).

180 SpA Life Orb Thundurus Hidden Power Ice vs. 252 HP / 76 SpD Garchomp: 333-395 (79.2 - 94%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
180 SpA Life Orb Thundurus Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Skarmory: 320-377 (95.8 - 112.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

Last edited:

Albacore

sludge bomb is better than sludge wave
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Thunderbolt
- Defog

252 SpA Life Orb Latios Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Garchomp: 634-749 (150.9 - 178.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 SpA Life Orb Latios Thunderbolt vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Skarmory: 231-273 (69.3 - 81.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
0 Atk Skarmory Iron Head vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Latios: 87-103 (29 - 34.4%) -- 4.7% chance to 3HKO

Beats each member of the core 1v1, and even switches into. Can also remove hazards the core sets up from the field, so yeah this is a big threat. If it really, really wantst o mess with the core, it can run Dragon Pulse over Draco Meteor, thius prevents Skarmory from pivoting into Dracos and forcing it out after the SpA drop.

252 SpA Life Orb Latios Dragon Pulse vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Garchomp: 416-491 (99 - 116.9%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO

Last edited:
Reserving Charizard X

Charizard @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Dragon Claw
- Roost

With its nice Stab coverage, Mega Charizard X is able to beat our core. Indeed, it can kill Skarmory easily :
252+ Atk Tough Claws Mega Charizard X Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 8 Def Skarmory: 426-504 (127.5 - 150.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Howewer, it needs some prior damage to OHKO Garchomp :
252+ Atk Tough Claws Mega Charizard X Dragon Claw vs. 252 HP / 164+ Def Garchomp: 306-362 (72.8 - 86.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Last edited:

Let it GO (Kyurem-Black) @ Life Orb
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Rash Nature
- Ice Beam
- Fusion Bolt
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Do I even need calcs to prove this monster (who also happens to be a Frozen fan) can demolish the core like a knife through butter that's been sitting out on a bench for three hours?
I do?
Prepare for a massacre.
0 Atk Skarmory Iron Head vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Kyurem-B: 144-170 (36.8 - 43.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO <-- Ezlivin

4 Atk Life Orb Teravolt Kyurem-B Fusion Bolt vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Skarmory: 224-265 (67 - 79.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Life Orb Teravolt Kyurem-B Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Skarmory: 196-231 (58.6 - 69.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ SpA Life Orb Teravolt Kyurem-B Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 76 SpD Garchomp: 832-983 (198 - 234%) -- guaranteed OHKO <-- High roll obvsly

252+ SpA Life Orb Teravolt Kyurem-B Ice Beam vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Weedle: 616-725 (278.7 - 328%) -- guaranteed OHKO <-- byebye bludz...again.

Last edited:
Nominating Offensive Starmie

Patrick @ Life Orb
Ability: Analytic
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 Hp / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Rapid Spin
- Thunderbolt / Psyshock / Recover

So you want to set rocks and spikes, eh? That's cute. Patrick here will spin away the rocks and murdur the whole core, just with his standard moveset. Starmie naturally outspeeds both and ohkos/2hkos with appropriate move while surviving any move from both after rocks. Starmie is undoubtedly the premier spinner of OU, retaining the ability to defeat the potential spin blocker aka Gengar. Starmie is also a tough customer to switch in because of analytic; heavily denting whatever partner to this core is sent out.

252 SpA Life Orb Starmie Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Garchomp: 489-577 (116.4 - 137.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
0 Atk Garchomp Earthquake vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Starmie: 154-183 (58.7 - 69.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and 1 layer of Spikes

252 SpA Life Orb Starmie Hydro Pump vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Skarmory: 175-208 (52.5 - 62.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Starmie Thunderbolt vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Skarmory: 192-229 (57.6 - 68.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
0 Atk Skarmory Iron Head vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Starmie: 41-48 (15.6 - 18.3%) -- guaranteed 5HKO after Stealth Rock and 1 layer of Spikes

Last edited:

Blastoise @ Blastoisinite
Ability: Torrent
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Aura Sphere
- Dark Pulse
- Ice Beam

This cool Blastoise set can threaten a lot of balanced cores. It has just enough speed to get past several common benchmarks, great coverage and solid bulk. Hydro Pump takes out Skarm and hits Chomp neutrally, while Ice Beam hits Chomp super effectively. Blastoise could forgo coverage for Rapid Spin, but 4 attacks makes it that much harder to switch into from a defensive standpoint. Aura Sphere deals heavy damage to Ferrothorn, and Dark Pulse allows Toise to get past bulky Waters like Slowbro.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)