Project OU Teambuilding Competition V6 (Round 7:Building Stage) R6 winner Archphantom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scotti

we back.
Team 9 obviously won with 15 votes. Grats to Sam-2XD on the easy win and great team His team will go into the hall of fame. Anyway, the next core is...

Shoutout to Squirrel. for the amazing the core.
The way the core works is that they get rid of each other counters. Your opponent have an rotom-w? Epower Kyu-b destroys it allowing for manaphy to sweep easier. Your opponent has ferrothorn? Hp Fire Manaphy lures in ferrothorn, getting rid of a huge threat to kyu-b. Your opponent has a slowbro? Shadow Ball manaphy lures in slowbro and kills it. These 2 mons do a great job at luring in threats to each other, which makes it easier for each of them to sweep.

Round Ends May 15, at 11:59 est

Scotti

we back.
Team 1

This manaphy uses energy ball instead of shadow ball (which has also more power), as you are not forced to switch and stop sweeping from a rotom-w or use shadow ball for a slowbro to get rid of it, so you have more chances to sweep. 64 evs in atk for Kyurem-b to get guaranteed 2HKO to Full HP-Def Slowbro after leftovers recovery (no rocks), and 285 speed to outspeed max speed altaria. Iron head and Scald puts pressure on unaware clefable, which checks both if you don't have something slightly surprising like iron head, that can be used also against other pokemons to our purpose of get advantage by flinches. Defensive manaphy to deal better with Specs and SubCM Keldeo (no 2hko from secret sword), Mega Metagross and maybe others. Mega sableye is the hazard controller, and must be mega evolved as soon as possible, both for hazards and status moves which create serious problems to the team. Metal Burst Knock off mega sableye is something very surprising and probably a very underrated set, that can lure/surprise in a lot of situations, an example is charizard-y, who gets killed by metal burst if he uses fire blast, but it must be a timid 252 spa char-y, because modest ohkoes him in sun even with that 88 evs in spdef which i use it for timid char-y. Hippo is the setter who covers Thundurus, Mega Lopunny, Tornadus-t (checks), sometimes Char-y, Talonflame. Specially Defensive Magnet rise Klefki stops various fairies, like Mega Diancie, Mega Gardevoir and general sweepers like Serperior from sweeping the team, so i can deal with them with Kyurem-B if he paralyzes them. Flash cannon is necessary if your kyurem-b is dead, and puts more pressure on non-cm unaware clefable. This team absolutely needs a starmie because it's heavily pressured by hazards if sableye can't be mega evolved because of his checks/counters, and especially if he's gone because of a lure or whatever. Starmie is probably the only option remaining, as i won't renounce to the pressure i give to the opponent with spikes + sr (which helps also Kyub and manaphy). Thunderbolt helps with non-boosted Gyarados, which is faster than kyurem-b as i only put that evs in speed for altaria. Helps also vs Keldeo which can be a problem if manaphy was killed, and sometimes with torn-t.

Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 64 Atk / 208 SpA / 236 Spe
Mild Nature
- Fusion Bolt
- Ice Beam
- Iron Head
- Earth Power

Manaphy @ Leftovers
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 252 HP / 52 Def / 84 SpA / 120 Spe
Bold Nature
- Tail Glow
- Scald
- Energy Ball
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Sableye @ Sablenite
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 168 Def / 88 SpD
Impish Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Knock Off
- Metal Burst
- Recover

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 136 Def / 116 SpD / 4 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Slack Off
- Stealth Rock

Klefki @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Magnet Rise
- Flash Cannon
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave

Starmie @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Scald
- Recover
- Rapid Spin

Team 2

The starting core of Manaphy + Kyurem-B can be devastating for Stall and Balance teams to face. At this point, I threw on Mega Lopunny as it allows the team to handle offensive teams more easily. Then I felt Heatran was a good option for my 4th slot as it functions as a secondary Stallbreaker and a really good Steel type check, while being able to stop things like Clefable or Sableye incase I lose Manaphy. Now I noticed that my team was very weak to hazard stacking, so I used Healing Wish Latias as my defogger. It works well alongside Kyu-B since it has no Roost and can be very easy to wear down. For the last member of the team, I realised I was way too weak to really offensive megas like Lopunny or Metagross and some Banded mons like Azumarill or Scizor, so I threw on RockyChomp. It can weaken them to the point where Lopunny can pick them off easily as it picks up a lot of residual damage on them. The only thing is, this team is extremely weak to the mega Fairies; Gardevoir just wins against it if Lopunny has fainted, Altaria can struggle to find setup opportunities, but it just wins at +1 and Diancie really likes having Manaphy gone.

Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
EVs: 28 Atk / 252 SpA / 228 Spe
Naive Nature
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Fusion Bolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Manaphy @ Leftovers
EVs: 144 HP / 252 SpA / 112 Spe
Modest Nature
- Tail Glow
- Scald
- Energy Ball
- Rain Dance

Lopunny @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Return
- High Jump Kick
- Power-Up Punch

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Taunt
- Toxic

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Healing Wish
- Defog

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 Spe
Impish Nature
- Dragon Tail
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock

Team 3

Manaphy @ Salac Berry
EVs: 104 HP / 152 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Energy Ball
- Tail Glow
- Scald
- Ice Beam

Kyurem-Black @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 40 Atk / 252 SpA / 216 Spe
Naive Nature
- Outrage
- Fusion Bolt
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power

Tyranitar (F) @ Choice Band
EVs: 160 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 92 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Pursuit
- Crunch
- Stone Edge
- Superpower

Manectric (F) @ Manectite
Ability: Lightning Rod
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Flamethrower
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Wobbuffet (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 32 HP / 252 SpD / 224 Spe
Calm Nature
- Counter
- Mirror Coat
- Encore
- Tickle

Skarmory (M) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Roost
- Iron Head
- Whirlwind

i wanted to use salac tg manaphy. a lot of offense teams don't even pack a proper check for manaphy but are still able to handle manaphy by revenge-killing it. salac berry makes it significantly harder for manaphy to be outrun, as common revenge-killers such as scarf landorus-t and mega manectric suddenly find themselves unable to kill manaphy. i chose scarf kyu b because it is really good vs offense currently. however, both of them struggle against slower builds because of their lack of power, flexibility and longevity. both of them also share a common counter in unaware clefable. to alleviate this weakness, i put cb tyranitar+tickle wobbuffet. wobbuffet can trap clefable and encore it. if clef goes for an attacking move, mirror coat beats it. if clef goes for a non-attacking move, wobbuffet can easily tickle it to -6 defense and then switching out to cb ttar to pursuit trap ko it. tickle+cb ttar pursuit isn't merely limited to killing clef, it is also able to dispatch even physical behemoths such as hippowdon and skarmory which are literally everywhere on balance and semi stall builds, opening up a gaping hole for the rest of the team members to take full advantage of. mega manectric is the next pokemon and also the mega of choice because it appreciates ttar trapping and killing its checks such as latwins and hippowdon, while also providing volt switch support to bring in wobb safely. finally, i realised the team lacked sr and also needed a bisharp check and a ground resist/immunity, hence i chose skarm.

Team 4

This team is a variation on Halcyon's old 'Suck It Thundy' team. While his is a work of art, this one is much more brutal (and equally effective). The team is focused on either Mega Zard or Manaphy sweeping. Kyurem-B and Manaphy break each other's walls. Hidden Power Fire lets Manny break through Ferro. Wacan lures and destroys Thundurus and Mega-Manectric (a Lum Berry could also be used). Charizard X runs Jolly and 184 Speed Evs to outspeed Scarf Lando-T after one DD, while Flare Blitz and 220 Attack Evs gives him a OHKO on Lando-T after Stealth Rock Damage. I slashed Earthquake and Roost. Personally, I prefer Earthquake; with THREE win conditions on this team (Manaphy, Zard, and Scizor) who needs Roost? I love the extra power and ability to KO Heatran. That said, I understand why someone would run Roost. Landorus gives us a defensive pivot and stealth rocks setter. I run 8 SpD to survive HP Ice from Manectric. Scizor provides an extra win condition, a Lati-check, more Knock Off, some fairy-loving (assuming Clefable or Altaria aren't running Flamethrower), and a decent revenge killer. Lefties and SpD investment help him tank Meteors and sweep late game. Latias provides Defog, an answer to Keldeo, and Healing Wish to give Charizard, Scizor, or Manaphy another go.

Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
EVs: 56 Atk / 216 SpA / 236 Spe
IVs: 29 HP
Mild Nature
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Fusion Bolt
- Roost

Manaphy @ Wacan Berry
EVs: 92 HP / 252 SpA / 164 Spe
Timid Nature
- Tail Glow
- Scald/Surf
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power Fire

Charizard @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 104 HP / 220 Atk / 184 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake/Roost

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 248 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- U-Turn
- Knock Off

Scizor @ Leftovers
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 152 Atk / 108 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off
- Roost

Latias @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog
- Healing Wish

Team 5

Manaphy and KB do a great job at breaking down cores and with their godly coverage, they force the opponent to bring in their best checks. So after little thought, I decided to pair em' up with the criminally underrated DD Mega Tyranitar. These three work well together: KB and Mana lure in checks to TTar such as Ferrothorn/Scizor then proceed to take them out (or at least weaken). Moreover, some of the things that kill KB or Mana are set up fodder for TTar (think Latios, Raikou :D).

Chople Berry lets KB bop Keldeo, one of TTar's best checks, as well as take out Focus Blast Landorus. Another thing worth mentioning is that Chople lets my KB bluff a Scarf set, which makes the whole luring thing even more ez. Manaphy is standard TG 3 attacks, and like KB, it carries HP Fire for the oh-so-common Ferrothorn. I went with a saucy EV spread on Mega Tar, one that a genius user came up with (s/o, you know who you are); it lets Ttar set up on modest Landorus's EP. Nuff said. Besides that, the added bulk lets Ttar snack on irrelevant Earthquakes, Maltaria's Return, Jolly Bisharp's LO Iron Head + Sucker Punch, and ofc dem priority moves (Rip Band Azu trying to rk). Mega TTar is too fat OML.

With the offensive core done, it was time to supplement. Hippowdon was added for rocks, M-Lop check, and to wall sand offense; Crunch>Stone Edge to hit the Latis and Gengar especially (EV'd to dodge 2HKO off Gar). Next, I added Bulk Up Talonflame to answer fairies and to not get swept by Serperior. Tflame works nicely with TTar cause it burns dem bulky grounds which = easier set up for TTar. Yum. Finally, the team was rounded off with the cutey Latias to Defog away hazards, to have an actual Keldeo check lol, and to rekindle near-dead flames with Healing Wish. Poetic imo. Anyways, yeah that's the team.

Kyurem-Black @ Chople Berry
EVs: 8 Atk / 252 SpA / 248 Spe
Mild Nature
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Fusion Bolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Manaphy @ Leftovers
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Energy Ball
- Scald
- Tail Glow

Tyranitar-Mega @ Tyranitarite
EVs: 184 HP / 72 Atk / 4 Def / 248 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- Stone Edge

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 112 Def / 144 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Crunch
- Earthquake
- Slack Off

Talonflame @ Leftovers
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Atk / 244 SpD
Careful Nature
- Brave Bird
- Bulk Up
- Will-O-Wisp
- Roost

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog
- Healing Wish

Team 6

k so mana + kyurem-b. k so i figured that if i'm gna break stall, i'd just use cm rd mana. i tried tg 3atk first but it just doesnt beat stall as well. with that in place, i added mega alakazam to beat offense, max spe to beat things like jolly punny (fk that thing). scizor has some type synergy and helps lure things like ferrothorn and shit, as well as hp fire latios for scizor and other miscellaneous steel types that give kyurem-b trouble. colbur on latios after i had some trouble with a bisharp (i just suck at playing mons). lando-t is just the mandatory ground type with rocks.

Alakazam @ Alakazite
Ability: Magic Guard
Timid Nature
- Encore
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball

Manaphy @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 220 Def / 36 Spe
Bold Nature
- Rain Dance
- Rest
- Calm Mind
- Scald

Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
EVs: 20 Atk / 252 SpA / 236 Spe
Rash Nature
- Ice Beam
- Fusion Bolt
- Earth Power
- Roost

Scizor @ Life Orb
EVs: 32 HP / 252 Atk / 224 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Superpower

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 236 Def / 24 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn

Latios (M) @ Colbur Berry
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Defog
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Team 7

Manaphy @ Leftovers
EVs: 220 HP / 252 SpA / 36 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Tail Glow
- Scald
- Rain Dance
- Rest

Kyurem-Black @ Leftovers
EVs: 56 Atk / 252 SpA / 200 Spe
Rash Nature
- Roost
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Fusion Bolt
- Ice Beam

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 152 Def / 104 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Superpower
- Knock Off

Scizor @ Scizorite
EVs: 252 HP / 92 Def / 164 SpD
Careful Nature
- Defog
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Roost

Celebi @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 148 Def / 72 SpD / 36 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Nasty Plot
- Giga Drain
- Earth Power
- Recover

Talonflame @ Leftovers
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 220 HP / 36 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Brave Bird
- Roost

This is something I thought up to use Mana+KyuB. I just made it to check major metagame trends to be honest, and here I use Kyurem-B to open up a sweep for Manaphy. The whole team is pretty much geared towards getting the Mana sweep up. Mana hates Venusaur, so I have TFlame+KyuB. Mana hates ZardY so I have TFlame. Some innovation is here in the form of the legendary Colbur defensive Celebi I guess to check Azumarril a little better and NP+Earth Power celebi is kind of new I guess? Scizor is bog standard mix defenses to check AVest Azu+Gar and Lando-T is my lead+bird spam check. Come to think of it bird spam kinda shrekts this team N_N. This team pretty much has an auto win versus stall without Gothielle :0,maybe Shed Shell Manaphy to stick the middle finger up at even Goth stall? Even Unaware Clefable can't stop the Modest Manaphy juggernaut :D Even the Kyurem is geared towards sniping Ferrothorn to open up the Mana clean :). One nice thing about this squad is that it isn't one of those balance squads that instantly fall over at the sight of Gengar and Charizard Y. I actually have room to make counter plays here . It genuinely does struggle versus a well played Talonflame I guess but N_N. Also I felt that using Kyurem-B to assist Manaphy was more beneficial than vice versa because balance usually has only Ferrothorn/MVenu/Amoongus to check Manaphy. Of course running HP:Fire TG Manaphy is also an option but then, I'd need something better on the team to help me break stall! Sadly offence squads can kind of overwhelm Manaphy so obviously I wouldn't try to preserve Manaphy in that matchup, but honestly even CM Manaphy is a genuine option here for a longer lasting win condition. MSciz+Talonflame though is really what sets this apart from most other balance which are easily overwhelmed by any of Gengar/ZardY/KyuB. The Superpower Lando-T is there to CT opposing TTar leads by the way. I hate not OHKO'ing them N_N.

Defog Scizor without Superpower isn't ideal but it's a necessary evil on this build especially with the presence of Talonflame. Bisharp can be a huge problem hence the usage of Colbur Celebi with Earth Power. Colbur Celebi is also quite the solid Azumarril check,so that's another major tick for this particular balance team. Celebi is just an amazing gluemon here,patching up so many weaknesses that it's not even funny,includin Keldeo and its likes. Did I also mention that MSciz dgaf about MGross? :). I think this is a pretty decent take on the given core :D

Sorry for the late round. I have pretty fucking tired and busy this week. I will try harder to get back on schedule.

The Round End April 17th, at 11:59pm est.

If very few people vote, I will extended the round.

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
Quick rates:

Team 1: I have a team that's almost verbatim mon wise with hippo, starm, volcarona, m-sab, kyurem-b, klefki so I guess I can comment with a more clear understanding of this one. You kind of just die to any team that can maintain longevity. My version has Roost Kyurem-B and Snatch M-Sableye which helps against certain defensive cores cause it provides Kyurem-B some longevity while robbing certain support moves with Snatch M-Sableye. What's sort of funny to you're actually pressured by opposing Kyurem-B and the Manaphy set gets you walled by Latis while your two soft checks to it in Klefki and M-Sab aren't too hard to wear down. That's kind of the big point in using Shadow Ball Manaphy, to hit the Latis. Roost Kyurem-B provides you the longevity in the long run to net the necessary hits on Rotom-W with EPower.

Team 2: I know a majority of the community likes to blame matchups for their petty losses but this team literally just dies to DDance M-Altaria with Frustration, EQ. TG / 3 attacks can save you from that inevitable sweep you'll see from using this build with Ice Beam.

Team 3: Kind of feel like Wobb can just be entirely replaced with something people don't prepare for as well in the form of Serperior. Lack of hazard removal kind of blows on a team that's so ground and prone to spikes right now.

Team 4: Defensive Lando-T is for lames who don't have balls to run more offensive spreads with Earth Plate on a team that's suppose to be offensive already lol.

Team 5: One of the more solid looking ones.

Team 6: Gonna ignore the whole "it looks like mastermind team" thing cause most of these teams were ripped from old elements anyways so it's not even a huge deal. Life Orb number for kyurem-b and that should be it.

Team 7: I don't really see how M-Scizor with Defog was a necessary evil when that necessary evil as you put it came about by you adding TFlame on the team. Better off just working it around with some replacements where you can abuse some hazards and drop such a subpar Mega Scizor set as well.

Team 5 is what I'm picking.

I'm going to be doing a quick rate of each team.

Team 1: What AM said. Too lazy to type up what would be basically a paraphrased version of his post. Oml its not lando weak... sort of
Team 2: Ridiculously fairy weak and thus extremely vulnerable to Mega Altaria and Mega Diancie.
Team 3: Really like how this team innovates but the lack of hazard removal combined with the fact that all of the grounded pokes have little to no recovery (and that's being generous counting lefties on wobb) means that your team finds it hard to stand up to bulkier builds; especially those that hazard stack.
Team 4: Looks quite volatile when played correctly with the amount of win-cons it has but its quite weak to things like Talonflame, +2 Bisharp, Torn-T and Azu (especially CB variants) plus there is a lot of pressure on Scizor to stop faires from running through the team.
Team 5: Excellent team with no glaring weaknesses. Easily the best imo.
Team 6: I can see why people are screaming "MASTERMIND RIP-OFF" at it but honestly the two teams aren't actually that similar if you look at the movesets. All that aside, this team is horrendously Bisharp weak but other than that it looks like it has a good match-up against the different playstyles.
Team 7: I really don't like Defog Mega Scizor as it's kind of a waste of a mega. Instead of using a sub-optimal set you could have easily used another defogger or used something other than Talonflame.

With all this said it's kind of clear I'm voting for Team 5 like nearly everyone else.

Team 1: Really struggles with specially offensive mega altaria, as only klefki can switch into hyper voice when stealth rocks up, and it gets nailed by fire blast. A smart altaria player will be able to nibble away at the team pretty easily. Also, not a fan of manaphy set walled by the eon twins @_@.
Team 2: This is probably the team that I would enjoy playing the most, simply because it utilizes a lot of my favourite Ou pokemon. Sadly, it really stands no chance against dragon dance altaria, and really struggles to switch into earth power + knock off landorus. It can also have problems with opposing mega lopunny, ice punch mega metagross and some variants of tail glow manaphy. Its just not that great to blunt :(, but I really like the concept. I would vote for this if it were based off enjoyment purposes, but sadly, its not particularly useful in the current metagame. Mega Diancie also floors.
Team 3: Mega Manentric + Wobbufett seams to be a pretty popular core lately, but unfortunately, this team doesn't do it any justice. It really struggles to switch in to focus blast landorus and only has one good mega sableye check in manaphy as Ttar gets might get burned on a switch. Combine this with a lack of hazard removal and the team just gets polarized by Mega sableye hazard stacking teams. Defog skarmory or replacing wobbufet with something like the eon twins might help this case, but for now, this team doesn't seem to be that great.
Team 4:I actually find this one to be pretty decent (don't worry I'm British and "Decent" essentially means "good" when talking to others hailing from England). It does struggle to switch into HP ice landorus and special altaria (this seems to be a common reoccurrence with some of these) but the more offensive nature of team makes it less of problem. I'd honestly replace landorus-T with garchomp just to get a jump on opposing kyurem b and the fact that you have 3 win conditions means you won't be switching as often, so the ground immunity is less valuable, but then again, this may be somewhat biased due to my hatred of landorus-t, or at the very least, you could change the lando set to a more offensive oriented one since the nature of team seems to be bulky offence. Also, you have zero Hydreigon switch ins, but hydreigon isn't that common, so you should be fine. Pretty good.
Team 5: Probably the most effective. Doesn't get floored so easily as some of the other ones, and while you do struggle to switch in to landorus, that can be said for every team that does not run Cresslia, Mega Latias and specially defensive Gyarados at the same time. I would be wary off Dragon dance altaria, since if you fail to keep stealth rock off the field you can't really rely on Talonflame, and hippowdon will often be softened from previously brawls. You could replace crunch with whirlwind if Altaria scares you. Overall, pretty good job, you'll be getting my vote :).
Team 6: I'm pretty sure this competition is based of making the most effective team, so the reference to Mastermind is irrelevant, though this team does look very similar and feel Masterminds build is more effective. Anyway, seems like opposing kyurem b carrying HP fire can be problematic, and swords dance talonflame can clean if landorus-T is weakened, but other then that it looks pretty solid. Nice work.
Team 7: Defog Mega Scizor ain't that great and my only suggestions would pretty much change the whole premises of the team, so yeah, I'll just leave it at that.

Anyway, I'll vote for team 5 because it seems like the most effective, however, team 6 and 4 also have potential. The other teams can all be made good with a few minor tweaks here and their except team 7, which while can be improved, the changes would result in a lot of replacements so the original idea might as well be scrapped. None of these are bad teams, and but some just get beaten by more threats and lack the synergy others do. Good job anyone :).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)