2014/15 Association Football (Soccer) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

HBK

Subtlety is my middle name
Nathan was also signed by Chelsea today from Atletico Paranaense.

According to a fan of that team, this apparently was the situation: http://www.reddit.com/r/soccer/comm..._sign_nathan_from_atletico_paranaense/cr997f2
Not too excited about this, he looked decent in the clips but I doubt he'll ever make it to the first team. More like a signing for Vitesse. Lol @ Aston Villa, Mané was unstoppable today, so full of confidence, everyone was standing off of him. Also everyone's so busy sucking Gerrard's dick, they seem to have forgotten that Lampard too will be leaving to play in the US at the end of the season, just because he joined City. And Mourinho's Inter >>>>>> Allegri's Juventus.

Nathan is a strange signing. I heard that he wasn't starting but still wanted more wages, fell out with the club president and refused a new contract with Atletico Paranaense. He had a clause that allowed him to buy out his contract and leave for cheap and Chelsea came in. But he fucked it up because that only applies if he transfers to a Brazilian club. So now he needs to be loaned back to a Brazilian club to avoid this and ironically it will probably be Atletico Paranaense because the other clubs all have enough players in his position... He wasn't starting before and I doubt he'll be starting in Chelsea anytime soon. I don't get why Chelsea would make this move, maybe they think they can sell him on for a profit like they've been doing to a lot of young players lately.

Also Lampard left last year and had his farewells at Chelsea, now it's Gerrard's turn.

HBK

Perfect send off for Slippy G, a truly memorable game, bet he enjoyed every minute of it.

Yeah NLI, it's actually a travesty because you know for a fact if Bolasie was from Argentina or some more exotic nation, performing precisely the same way he is now, there would be teams sniffing around from all over the place, good teams too. I would take him.

I'll just leave these here:

Courtois;
Ivanovic, Terry, Cahill, Azpilicueta;
Matic, Koke;
Griezman, Fabregas, Hazard;
Costa.

Hart;
Zabaleta, Kompany, Mangala, Kolarov;
Silva, Fernandinho, Pogba, Sterling;
Bony, Aguero.

Ospina;
Debuchy, Paulista, Koscielny, Gibbs;
Schneiderlin, Ramsey;
Wilshere, Ozil, Sanchez;
Cavani.

Valdes;
Clyne, Smalling, Jones, Rojo;
Blind, Gundogan;
Bale, Mata, Depay;
Rooney.

Mignolet;
Flanagan, Sakho, Skrtel, Moreno;
Henderson, Can, Milner;
Walcott, Sturridge, Coutinho.

ryo yamada2001

ryo yamada2001
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Manchester City winning 4-2 from Swansea City, goals by Yaya Touré (twice), James Milner and Wilfried Bony. Goals by Sigurdsson and Gomis on Swansea's side. Seems like it was an enjoyable game.

Absolutely crazy week in the Eredivisie; Ajax losing versus Dordrecht, Feyenoord getting smashed 3-0 by PEC Zwolle (goals by Rienstra and Necid 2x), PSV getting a last minute win versus ADO Den Haag by a goal from Wijnaldum.

NAC Breda versus FC Groningen was absolutely crazy too;
even though Guyon Fernández and Adnane Tighadouini scored twice for NAC Breda, Michael de Leeuw scored a hattrick, and Tjaronn Chery and Danny Hoesen getting 1 goal each.

Lots of goals at Excelsior vs AZ Alkmaar too. Aron Jóhansson twice, Steven Berghuis once and Markus Hendriksen once. The only goal from Excelsior's side was an own goal by Jeffrey Gouweleeuw.

Absurd last minutes at Vitesse - Utrecht.
The match was 2-2, until Danny Verbeek scored in the 88th minute for FC Utrecht. Utrecht's side were thinking they had won the match, but one minute later Zakaria Labyad scored.

Amazing week for an underrated competition =)

This was the most boring Premier League in years, honestly couldn't get jazzed about it at any point. Pretty much everyone I've talked to agrees as well, but it may just look even worse bc last year was so exciting, and only like three years ago we had probably the best since the PL started. Shame, hope next year is more fun but it'll probably just be another Chelsea/City lazily saunter to the title procedural

I prefer Gerrard to Scholes too. Scholes was always a step ahead in his thinking and had great range of passing but Gerrard could do all that too while he had to take more risk because he played further forward. Gerrard was faster, had more energy, a better shot, better tackling and similar passing. Vision and possibly a slightly better football brain is what Scholes had over Gerrard, but Gerrard delivered in key moments so consistently.

HBK

Fabregas has quite the aim, bet Henry's happy, his record won't be broken any time soon. And Costa needs therapy asap.

IronBullet

Astronomy Domine
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Apparently Sterling's set to tell the club that he wants to go. Far too early for him to leave I reckon, he's still developing and is not playing at a consistently high level yet. He's got potential but he's nowhere near as good as he should be to be calling the shots on a move lol, Liverpool's the perfect place for him to be right now and get first team experience. Also it's a shame Gerrard lost his final match, but that's kind of been the story of his career - being the shining light in a rather average side and often having to drag his team to victory. The sendoff afterwards was fitting though. Appropriate farewell for a legend of the game.

Lmao at Fabregas tonight. Didn't see the match though, HBK how was Loftus-Cheek? Looked a real player against Liverpool, guy's definitely got some potential.

HBK

Apparently Sterling's set to tell the club that he wants to go. Far too early for him to leave I reckon, he's still developing and is not playing at a consistently high level yet. He's got potential but he's nowhere near as good as he should be to be calling the shots on a move lol, Liverpool's the perfect place for him to be right now and get first team experience. Also it's a shame Gerrard lost his final match, but that's kind of been the story of his career - being the shining light in a rather average side and often having to drag his team to victory. The sendoff afterwards was fitting though. Appropriate farewell for a legend of the game.

Lmao at Fabregas tonight. Didn't see the match though, HBK how was Loftus-Cheek? Looked a real player against Liverpool, guy's definitely got some potential.
He was decent, a few wayward passes here and there but generally, a solid performance. He is only 19, after all, he just needs to play more games to get the hang of it, definitely a star for the future. We seem more likely to go for Griezmann than Sterling, although I would take him with my eyes shut, would be a huge upgrade over Willian. I guess City would be the most likely destination for him, don't think United will be signing any more wingers.

Griezemann is a better player anyway, my 50 year old aunt could look like a world beater with Luis Suarez leading the way. Last season is basically where the majority of the Sterling hype comes from; hardly set the world on fire this season.

I am still not getting the idea that Chelsea need a winger though, surely Cuadrado will be given a bit more time and Willian has been really good.

Oscar is the one that needs replacing.

Last edited:

HBK

Griezemann is a better player anyway, my 50 year old aunt could look like a world beater with Luis Suarez leading the way. Last season is basically where the majority of the Sterling hype comes from; hardly set the world on fire this season.

I am still not getting the idea that Chelsea need a winger though, surely Cuadrado will be given a bit more time and Willian has been really good.

Oscar is the one that needs replacing.
Willian is too defensive and contributes nothing in terms of goals and assists, we need someone who's sharp, more productive. Cuadrado was brought in to replace him, to add more goals and assists to the side but he failed to make an impact. At least Oscar was scoring and creating goals early in the season, Willian has always been the same frustrating, boring player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)