Tournament NUPL 3 - Week 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
requesting activity win vs my opponent. hasn't replied to my message on his wall nor he has tried to contact me.

i sub in for liberty someone play me

ridiculous how can u claim activity when u posted on his wall yesterday lmao
we were both expecting each other contact first perhaps. nonetheless, I was only available for the weekend but I can manage to play tonight gmt+11. what time you on?

Many thanks to Raseri for picking me up for the Musharnas and for (probably) being the only one of the managers to actually play ADV NU. Thanks man, it was really fun testing things out with you. As for the rest of the Musharnas, um, I don't really have anything to say lol.

Well I went 3-1, and while I'm not sure whether or not that's a score to brag about, in hindsight this NUPL was fun I guess. Best of luck to the remaining participants in this tour.

damn, it looks like our year is coming to an end right before finals again. Oh well team, we fought hard and I'm very proud of how we came together the last few weeks to make this push happen, even if we didn't quite make it. Gonna post shoutouts tho cause you guys are awesome

Zebraiken - this season didnt go well for you but i still dont think I overpayed at all, expect me to go to 40k next season!!!
iplaytennislol - Really glad that you put a lot of effort into ORAS this season. Try to get into old gens so that when i buy you next year you can be moved around :D
Kiyo - tbh going into the draft I wasnt sure if I wanted to go for you, but I am really glad i did. Now that you've stopped telling everyone on the ladder to kill themselves youre actually a good guy :O
49 - sorry i had you play such a dumb meta but you won games and are better than me :D if you come back next year ill let you play a real meta once i promise
Disjunction - you played well and worked hard in XY, i told you not to tryout to much for NUPL cause i wanted you cheaper :)
Laurel - youre really good at pokemon, you helped out the team a lot with your clutch wins, and having so much utility on the bench is so valuable. 2-0 but you are 5-0 to me :D
ThriceElite - youre good at ADV NU and I did enjoy testing with you, just dont be afraid to try out some weird mons to get an edge :)
Oshony PokeGod - your innovation is great, ill be buying you every year. dont steal him from me guys.
Tomahawk - Might not have been a great year for you, but I still think youre a great player and great guy, I havent lost faith in you
Tachycardia - Didnt get to talk to you much, but you are way way better than what your record suggests. Just dont let people counterstyle you in the future and you can turn 0-4 into 4-0 :D
scotti - i got you cause goomy and tennis told me you were good and man youre pretty good at pokemon. you should come hang out in NU more tho we would really like you :)
Pokedots - glad i got you playing down the stretch, youre an awesome guy and you can play NU really well, stick around and be the best :)

And now the ones who didnt play:
Bowtie Addo - i really wanted to get you into a game but you went inactive halfway through the season. If you get more involved again im sure youll be a starter next year (see: Kiyo)
dice - would have played you if we needed it but our roster was always active :)
Nails

Calloflochie - we are a meme squad but we did ok right???

shoutouts to non musharnas
hollywood and innovamania - you guys helped us out a lot down the stretch, sry for haxing you week 1!
Can-Eh-Dian - youre ok too i guess............

overall: the money maker musharnas combined good players with shitty memers in order to bodybag the opposition, tho thats still a step above ppl like Montsegur who combine poor memes with poor play!

ryan

Jojo Siwa enthusiast
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
shoutouts to the mesprits for being awesome. we got dead last, but we won a week and we had a lot of fun.
Can-Eh-Dian, Vileman, QueenOfLuvdiscs: stop being so hard on yourselves. it's NUPL not SPL, so don't worry about not doing as well as you wanted to. I had a lot of fun talking to you about teams and just fuckin hanging out. oh and queen maybe you should play offense so you won't get haxed haha!
Lolazo: you slayed this season. don't die out on us. I started out doing well in NUPL and now I'm a smod, you can do it too!
innovamania and Bedschibaer: thanks for pulling the old gens out for us. you guys did pretty well this season even tho beds haxed almost every game. best memers in all of NUPL.
Blastral, Sweep, Cherub Agent: i love you guys! not much to say but it was fun playing with you guys!! even if Sweep did poorly and got a low roll on a Musharna, glad I got you guys.
Lasagne: thanks for bitching in (makeup) about not getting bought yet because I would have forgotten to buy you if you didn't. you were fun to have in the skype group, and I'm glad I got to play you!!
mencemeat: thanks for playing for me, I was actually upbidding you when I bought you because I was worried you wouldn't want to play without being on a team with your friends, but you actually tried (as far as I could tell), and I appreciate it even though it didn't help our record.
Kushalos, TewMew, Karane, Aloha, Facts: sorry you guys never played (even though I put Karane and Riles in, Riles is a fuccboi and Karane got johned rip), but thanks for bein Mexican with us all season

shoutouts to Laurel for winning records two years running, still the best 3K last year
shoutouts to Karppi for bein chill with me after gettin booted from the cunos and for the individual player records that were sorely underappreciated
shoutouts to ium for the above minus the player record part haha
shoutouts to the musharnas (esp Raseri, 49, and ThriceElite haha!) for lettin me and inno chill with you guys in your skype chat, we tried guys ;(

Disjunction

Everything I waste gets recycled
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
It's cool Musharnas, we'll get em next year! I know I'm not a very well known player in the tour community or anything, but I wanted to shout out some of the people who made this a really great first NUPL for me! Finishing 3-2 is pretty big for me considering I feel I only played my worst during one of those battles.

Raseri I want to thank you most of all because you went out on a limb to not only draft me, but start me and keep me there for the rest of the season. I was scared I wouldn't get picked up, but I'm glad you had faith in me, it means the world :) Hoping to join up with you next year, but hopefully with a not dead meta!
Kiyo is a butt you were a really awesome teammate to have! Outside of just having someone to double check my XY teams and build with, you were really good for helping me focus and keep my eyes on what had to be done. You were an invaluable asset to our team and I hope you know that.
iplaytennislol love ya bud. You were great to have around in the skype chat and you're going to do cool things. Hope we can still test teams and stuff after this!
Pokedots keep going strong, bud. Strong sub choice with an undefeated record. I'm sorry I snagged the XY slot from you, but I think you've proven a lot more with this than what I have ;)
I'm sorry I'm awkward about talking to new people, but everyone in the Musharna's Skype chat was really cool! I wish I could have gotten to know some of you a bit better. I hope we have a chance to hang out next year if we're on the same team again!

For some other players that really meant a lot...
Sir Kay 9 the partner in crime. You're still my best mons friend and you're the dude I can gossip about anything. Prove to everyone you got the balls and the know how to take on the world cause I know you got it ;)
HJAD it means the world to me that you felt I could win when nobody else thought I could. Even if we were on opposite teams, you still had my back and I hope you know I got yours when you need it.
Realistic Waters should have been on the same team as me, but I suppose I couldn't have performed well without my adversary on an opposing team, haha. We should ladder together more, it makes the experience bearable.
hollywood I don't know if this will seem out of the blue or anything, but I want you to know you helped me feel a lot better about myself when I was kicking myself after my game with mont. Sorry the Mesprits got kicked this year.

NV yea honestly I'm just shouting you out cause you're a fun guy you really had no impact on my NUPL career but thanks anyways :)

GL in finals Beartics and Cunos! It was a great tour all around!

Deej Dy

Verified Ladder Scurb 乁( ◔ ౪◔)ㄏ
I'd just like to give some shoutouts that I think should be said:

First off for my Testing Bros
Shaneghoul was my brotha this tour was always there for testing even when I was panic mode an hour or so before a match, glad I rooted for your draft ;). This guy honestly probably bumped my record from a 2-3 or 3-2 to a 4-1, well worth the cash even though he didn't see playing time. Also enjoys shitty/cancerous sets like me for tourneys and ladder.
marilli I'd also like to thank for testing a good amount with me, even though I often couldn't return the favor because I don't know shit about BW1. A true help. Like me and Shaneghoul, appreciates a nice cancer team.
Dentricos was a bro for me when he wasn't AFK (aprox 5% of the time) and even though he used Cradilly and Granbull on seemingly every team he was the deciding factor that made my Week 1 team good.
galbia for giving into my persistent hounding for testing and providing nice insight, I know I can get annoying ;)
Lolk, always a positive presence when I played with him in BW2, seemingly always upbeat even around my annoying banter, Dude got unlucky just like in Farm league, I'd buy him next NUPL if I was manager.
Chef Rice seemed to be away until the very last week when he put in a lot of effort into helping me prepare for Dysjunction, foolishly I kept my old team. Also this dude is hella smart can predict well, I wish he had seen playing time.
scorpdestroyer Long time NU player and wise as hell. I take full responsibility for Water absorb Lanturn, I passed him the team during the Mantine/Rupt/Typh meta and lead him to his downfall vs FAJI. Still a 3-1 record regardless, dudes a boss and I was glad to be on his team for the 2nd Straight year
Shuckleking87 Nice manager and longtime player. I remember 5 of my mons falling to your Mandibuzz last NUPL and how fun it was despite losing. Loved playing with you, thanks for spending your cash on me ;)

The rest of my team I didn't interact with too often, but I appreciate your time and effort, our season was up and down and we exceeded and failed to meet expectations at the same time. Regardless I hope y'all had a good time.

Additonal Shoutouts to:

Teddeh for helping test with my sorry ass and reassuring me if my team was good, but I was paranoid. Fun times testing and bantering.
Disjunction , I'd like to nom Disjunction as most improved NU player, was a beast this season and I (as well as a few of his opponents) got thoroughly bopped by his good teambuilding. I remember when he was a harmless lil' scrub in the fall... Now best watch out, dudes got potential.
Montsegur and HJAD Chill guys I talked to to banter with and discuss teambuilding, was too bad I wasn't teammates with em' like last NUPL

Anywayz good tourney folks, looking forward to next years if I'm around/still half-decent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)