DOU Doubles Summer Seasonal [Signups]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion

Welcome to the Doubles Summer Seasonal!​
SPECIFIC RULES
  • This is a standard ORAS Doubles OU tournament
  • This tournament will be Double Elimination
  • All rounds will be Best of Three. You may switch teams in between battles of the same set.
  • Matches are to be played on Pokemon Showdown!
  • To encourage the development of the metagame, and so that everyone is on an even playing field, all matches must have replays recorded. If neither player posts replays of the match, both players will suffer an automatic game loss. (If you were in losers' when you played, you are both out. If you were in winners', the winner is in losers' and the loser is out.)
  • Every round, I will choose a match (possibly two) as the Highlight Match. If your match is chosen as the highlight match, two of our commentary crew (myself, Lohgock, Arcticblast, Laga, BLOOD TOTEM) will be commentating your match through the SmogonU Twitch, and it will then be uploaded to Smogon's YouTube. I will contact both players by PM immediately in order to schedule a time. If either player wishes to not be streamed, they may opt out, but let me know quickly, so I can choose someone else to be the highlight match for the week.
  • Because of the nature of the prizes of this tournament, if you are found signing up under more than one alt, you will be banned from circuit events for life.
  • I'm going to be playing in this tournament, so in the interest of fairness, all activity calls will be made by a neutral TD. If you get an activity loss, do not bitch to me, maybe you should have put more effort into playing your damn match to avoid that contingency. That said, as I am Arcticblast, there's a good chance I'll end up out by round 6 anyway, at which point you can totally bitch to me.
  • In the event that something is added to or removed from the Doubles OU metagame in the middle of a round, that change will be in effect starting the next round. Doubles Ubers is available as a challenge option if something is banned mid-round.
Standard Rules and Clauses
  • Species Clause: A player cannot have two Pokemon with the same PokeDex number on his team.
  • Evasion Clause: The moves Double Team and Minimize are banned. (No other evasion boosting things are banned).
  • OHKO Clause: The moves Horn Drill, Guillotine, Sheer Cold, and Fissure are banned.
  • Endless Battle Clause: Anything capable of intentionally creating an endless battle is banned.
  • HypnoGravity Clause: The move Gravity is banned with all moves that can induce Sleep. I am not 100% sure if this is fully implemented on Pokemon Showdown!, so if it is not and you are found to be using it you will be disqualified and banned from future Circuit events.
  • Uber Clause: Anything that appears on Doubles OU' banlist is banned. This is the banlist for Doubles OU:

What are we playing for?

First, for recognition. The results of this tournament will be recorded in the Doubles Power Rankings for posterity. Over the course of the year there are probably going to be many events where placing high on this ranking gets you some sort of carrot, in addition to the prestige of being one of the best Doubles players.

Most importantly, for cold, hard ca$h... pending a few conversations with chaos (who is quite busy at the moment!). Unfortunately I can't give exact numbers just yet, but I can promise that first place will get at a bare minimum $20, that second place will get at least $10, and that third place will get no less than $5. And I can promise that it will get to you a lot faster than the OST T-Shirts.

Sound good? Post in to join!

The signups will close on Thursday, May 28th, so make sure you've joined by then!

Notice: Rounds will last 6 days until the last day is on a Sunday. This should be about six rounds (if not fewer). Remember to keep this in mind when scheduling!

Entrants:

Arcticblast
Stratos
trc
Celeberty
KyleCole
Raseri
tape
Finchinator
Yellow Paint
WreckDra
n10sit
Fer
qsns
Croven
kamikaze17
tcian
DaAwesomeDude1
HeiDoe
OP
Timbuktu
Cnorth26
Dr Ciel
potato14798
michaeloche
Metaphysical
Slate.
zdrup15
jacob
qwerts
Can-Eh-Dian
TGMD
finally
deoxys speed
-Tsunami-
Electrolyte
Chamaeleon
Unlucky Desperado
Lord Alphose
Haruno
shrop05
ForgottenOnes
iliketrains11
checkmater75
Lady Gaga
LzrGunPewPew
Ranger Helmut
Shaian
Rumor
daedalus1103
atomicllamas
Shrug
Lanueba
DaSpoofy
Jaiho
Syncrasy
TUO
fangame10
Bughouse
Angry Shroomish
GARDEVOIR!!!!!!!!
ElegyOfVGC
leremyju
Lasagne
Valetta
Meloetta<3
Jefozz
Tricking
Der Dreckidge Dan
Aurious
Vinc2612
TewMew
Xeniera
TheFourthChaser
GiraGoomy
Level 56
pokebasket
U-Turn Out
Niky
Asmodean
BulbaSword
Minus
Zeno;
Joim
Dabney
Quaggster
Terraquaza
AuraRayquaza
BLOOD TOTEM
praj.pran
Memoric
KillianVGC
mouse de frank
thebagman
stunner047
fran17
Nido-Rus
Spitzkopf Larry
Clefairy
Laga
teal6
Void
Anty
Kingler12345
DracoMaster Dab
dramadrama
Meru
Zeldamon Master519
Golden009
Lohgock
Hantsuki
Krauersaut
Qazoo306
hard
Hashtag
steelphoenix
Tesung
Level 51
rural
Nollan
Dr. Zeni$
Panure
FAJI
sunchipps
Gyarad0s
clius
AngryWild_Mango
CyndaKill_SH
Ary
noname4505
charmeleon123
Fruitdealer
Mr. NudistoBeach
It Is Guest
Kiyo
3RROR404
banned doggy
RiCH HOMiE CHRiS
Cicada
passion
antemortem
AlienxDD
Jammy3417
galbia
silver97
QuoteCS
Haunted Diamond
LetMeShine-
Mr. Mendes
Geotal
idiotfrommars
SocialSocialSocial
Robert Alfons
pastelgameboy
NOVED
Maskun529
thetalkingtree
Eternal Spirit
VCrakeV
Ansuke
During Summer
Sir_Bagel
Austin
Pinoy Pwnage
nvakna
EiPoke

Last edited:

Welcome to the Doubles Summer Seasonal!​
SPECIFIC RULES
  • This is a standard ORAS Doubles OU tournament
  • This tournament will be Double Elimination
  • All rounds will be Best of Three. You may switch teams in between battles of the same set.
  • Matches are to be played on Pokemon Showdown!
  • To encourage the development of the metagame, and so that everyone is on an even playing field, all matches must have replays recorded. If neither player posts replays of the match, both players will suffer an automatic game loss. (If you were in losers' when you played, you are both out. If you were in winners', the winner is in losers' and the loser is out.)
  • Every round, I will choose a match (possibly two) as the Highlight Match. If your match is chosen as the highlight match, two of our commentary crew (myself, Lohgock, Arcticblast, Laga, BLOOD TOTEM) will be commentating your match through the SmogonU Twitch, and it will then be uploaded to Smogon's YouTube. I will contact both players by PM immediately in order to schedule a time. If either player wishes to not be streamed, they may opt out, but let me know quickly, so I can choose someone else to be the highlight match for the week.
  • Because of the nature of the prizes of this tournament, if you are found signing up under more than one alt, you will be banned from circuit events for life.
  • I'm going to be playing in this tournament, so in the interest of fairness, all activity calls will be made by a neutral TD. If you get an activity loss, do not bitch to me, maybe you should have put more effort into playing your damn match to avoid that contingency. That said, as I am Arcticblast, there's a good chance I'll end up out by round 6 anyway, at which point you can totally bitch to me.
  • In the event that something is added to or removed from the Doubles OU metagame in the middle of a round, that change will be in effect starting the next round. Doubles Ubers is available as a challenge option if something is banned mid-round.
Standard Rules and Clauses
  • Species Clause: A player cannot have two Pokemon with the same PokeDex number on his team.
  • Evasion Clause: The moves Double Team and Minimize are banned. (No other evasion boosting things are banned).
  • OHKO Clause: The moves Horn Drill, Guillotine, Sheer Cold, and Fissure are banned.
  • Endless Battle Clause: Anything capable of intentionally creating an endless battle is banned.
  • HypnoGravity Clause: The move Gravity is banned with all moves that can induce Sleep. I am not 100% sure if this is fully implemented on Pokemon Showdown!, so if it is not and you are found to be using it you will be disqualified and banned from future Circuit events.
  • Uber Clause: Anything that appears on Doubles OU' banlist is banned. This is the banlist for Doubles OU:

What are we playing for?

First, for recognition. The results of this tournament will be recorded in the Doubles Power Rankings for posterity. Over the course of the year there are probably going to be many events where placing high on this ranking gets you some sort of carrot, in addition to the prestige of being one of the best Doubles players.

Most importantly, for cold, hard ca$h... pending a few conversations with chaos (who is quite busy at the moment!). Unfortunately I can't give exact numbers just yet, but I can promise that first place will get at a bare minimum $20, that second place will get at least $10, and that third place will get no less than $5. And I can promise that it will get to you a lot faster than the OST T-Shirts.

Sound good? Post in to join!

The signups will close on Thursday, May 28th, so make sure you've joined by then!

Notice: Rounds will last 6 days until the last day is on a Sunday. This should be about six rounds (if not fewer). Remember to keep this in mind when scheduling!

Entrants:

Arcticblast

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)