RBY Cup I - Round 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Isa

I've never felt better in my life
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus

Thanks again to MiniArchitect for the logo!

Tournament Rules:
  • General tournament rules and regulations can be found here.
  • Smogon Classic rules can be read here
  • Standard RBY OU
  • Best of three, single elimination.
  • Battles should take place on Pokemon Showdown!. If both players agree, Pokémon Online may be used to play.
  • I like replays, you should post them!
  • Do not make baseless activity posts, get in contact with your opponent and report missed times / scheduling issues only.

Identity

I expect many battles to be completed under alts and I expect many battles to be completed on other servers to prevent scouting. These kind of factors are pretty bad for tournament security, and thus I will make this clear: If I hear any whispers of identity theft (battling as someone you are not) or proxy battling (helping someone else battle through pm) I will not be pleased and I will take severe actions.

Scouting

Next, I do not want to hear anything about counterteaming, at all. It is the silliest thing I have ever heard, any battler worth their marbles has more than one team. Do not complain about it. I also don't want to hear about any forceful scouting, whether it be spying on another teams irc channel or following your opponent around on PO. There is a difference between "ipl is known for using stall" and "let me follow ipl around all day to watch all his battles since I am his opponent". I expect a lot of the former and none of the latter.

With that said, I give permission to all battlers to ask any person spectating their battle to leave if they do not want them watching. However, given the fact that this is the big stage, I am sure a lot of people want to watch, so don't be too mean.

Timer Clause

As for taking long between moves, if your opponent asks you to hurry up, please oblige. If you are doing a damage calc for a key turn that is one thing, but prolonging every move is suspicious and annoying. Don't do it. Furthermore, Battle Timeout is a rule for a reason. If you run out of time, you lose, simple as that. It does not matter what your opponent says. Do not battle if you think you will have to leave mid battle, and instead reschedule for a better time. Timing out is still classified as a loss, unless the reason for timing out is a disconnection. If there is any suspicion that a disconnect was carried out deliberately to take advantage of this rule in any way, we reserve the right to exercise a harsh punishment.

Disconnections

If a player disconnects and either player contends that they could still win, the optimal solution is to recreate the exact situation the disconnection occurred at during the battle. If it is agreed between players that this is not feasible due to unreasonable battle length, highly improbable circumstances, or some other reason, the player who did not disconnect may choose to rematch with either the same teams or (the option to use) new teams. Timing out is still classified as a loss, unless the reason for timing out is a disconnection. If there is any suspicion that a disconnect was carried out deliberately to take advantage of this rule in any way, we reserve the right to exercise a harsh punishment. Do not do it.

I know that was a lot to read, but it is all necessary for me to have posted here so everyone can see it in the case of a dispute. I don't want any confusion or any problems.

Battle Clauses:
  • Evasion Clause
  • OHKO Clause
  • Sleep Clause
  • Species Clause
  • Timed Battle
  • Freeze Clause
Round 2

Kingler12345 vs marcoasd
DennisEG
vs yippeee
(Agammemnon vs Rewer) vs sugarhigh
Mr.378 vs MoxieInfinite
ZoroDark
vs Danilo
xtra$hine vs (Reymedy vs. Crestfall ]
Maestro Arena vs Void
SoulWind vs Ojama
reyscarface vs Tele
Hangover vs bugzinator
M Dragon
vs Rumor
Metaphysical vs Livio
Raseri vs choolio
CrapAtRBY
vs (Marcelinho Rodrigues vs. Sam )
Bluwing vs D4RR3N
Nova
vs Zamrock
Meh vs Hantsuki
New Breed
vs WreckDra
Stratos vs d0nut
trc vs Prankster.
Sergi vs Hack
smilzo
vs soTsoT
Eternal Spirit vs HeiDoe
Mael vs Improbable
badabing vs davidTheMaster
Cronenberg vs pokebasket
fresh to death vs papai noel
(Decadentia vs WECAMEASROMANS) vs majaspic22
(fatty vs Dr Ciel) vs MetalGro$$
The Quasar vs Tamahome
Fireburn vs -Tsunami-
Tomahawk
vs Picollo
Smurf. vs Texas Cloverleaf
Sapientia vs Malekith
Tobito vs Lavos Spawn
Veteran In Love
vs Asuya
McMeghan vs Bedschibaer
Tesung vs (e7e vs TheKFC)
Funkasaurus vs -okara
scotti vs Nelson
Isa
vs Endeby
BKC vs Soulgazer
Skywallker vs Tricking
PDC
vs TraceofLife
silver ghost vs fleggumfl
Mister Tim vs galbia
Prague Kick
vs Shoot
Thatsjustpeachy vs Arkian

Deadline for extended games is Sunday May 24th, 23:59 (11:59) GMT+2
Deadline for current round games is Monday 1st, 23:59 (11:59) GMT+2

Last edited:

Crestfall

levitate, levitate, levitate, levitate
just saw Reymedy's post in R1 thread but it was closed so I couldn't respond

We planned for 5pm. I went onto smogtours at 5:04 at which time I said to Reymedy "challenge when ready."
He responded with "lol" and I said "?."

I then proceeded to PM him and he gave me no response. I d/ced for 15 seconds and came back. I waited until 5:15 where I PMd him once more - no response. At 5:17 I sent one last PM indicating that I'm leaving. I then left smogtours due to him ignoring me in lobby chat and PMs. He clearly had no intention of battling and in fact did NOT challenge me as he claims.

I have a screenshot of the 2nd set of PMs (after the d/c) if you desire.

tl;dr idk why you've given him activity

Isa

I've never felt better in my life
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
gave him activity based on what i saw. you didnt make any post within the remaining time of the round.

show me the screenshot though and i'll turn the activity win into an extension between you two.

got outplayed both games, i'm a bit annoyed that i didn't play as well as i should have but they were 2 ggs against a great opp

GG

Reymedy

ne craint personne
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
as per this,

extension granted between Reymedy and Crestfall. Same deadline as the other extended games.

also updating bracket with the mcmeghan/cnorth26 results. Bedschibaer vs. McMeghan is the new pairing
I'm like, why didnt you show the rest of the conversation Crestfall ? Your phone has an issue, I'm dead serious, I replied to these messages and I did chall you.
We were about to play a RBY BO3 by the way, you thought it was some kind of CC 1v1 shit ? You leave after 5 mins, that's cool, but then the day after (you did postpone without even asking me by the way) you simply don't come. You were on a phone + a wifi that probably had massive cancer, and all you do is -join-, -take a convenient screenshot-, -leave- before I can do anything. I thought only jajas would activity post like that LOL.

I don't really care about the extension, but I work on week days, so don't ask me to play at 3 AM my time like you did last time, that's a no no. Tell me when you're available, and when you're NOT using this phone of yours.
I won't bother contacting you.

PS : Battery = 14% looking pretty ready to play LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)