np: ORAS OU Suspect Process, Round 4 - Genie in a bottle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Empress

Don't waffle or you'll get pancaked
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Built on some of the other posts with me lurking...

If I may continue to say, Landorus is not to overpowered... It has some reliable checks in Rotom-Wash and Sub-CM Keldeo, and Keldeo is also a good counter, even though it has a small amount of checks or even counters... It can be hurt if you play right with levitaters or others, when using it it can be shaky to use, if you use it as a lead, it will be gone as soon as it was out, if you use it as a cleaner, it will be hurt still by priority... Although Nidoking could be used, same with Nidoqueen, but those don't have the benefits that Landorus has, in Rock Polish and Calm Mind, a move pool that holds power, and small amount of counters and checks, so the Nidos would be more useless than anything... And Landorus has the some problem as Torterra in NU and RU, the Ice weakness, anything that is bulky with an ice type move can 1hko it, I.E:
252 Atk Life Orb Weavile Ice Shard vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Landorus: 348-421 (109 - 131.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
0 SpA Rotom-W Hydro Pump vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Landorus: 332-392 (104 - 122.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Keldeo Hydro Pump vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Landorus: 480-566 (150.4 - 177.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Keldeo Icy Wind vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Landorus: 480-568 (150.4 - 178%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Keldeo Hydro Pump vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Landorus: 716-846 (224.4 - 265.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Keldeo Scald vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Landorus: 524-618 (164.2 - 193.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
56 SpA Life Orb Teravolt Kyurem-B Ice Beam vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Landorus: 832-983 (260.8 - 308.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Keep Landorus In OU
Hooray for restating the type chart. And for assuming that Lando will stay in against those hits. Nice to know Lando has checks- EVERY mon has its checks even if it lacks counters. This is basically on the level of "Mega Mawile dies to Earthquake" (which was a legit post by someone in the Mawilite suspect thread). Having several checks does NOT make a mon not broken. Having a 4x weakness does NOT make a mon not broken, either. BANdorus and stick to Firebot please.

Sorry if this post is snide, but you really can't use those arguments and expect people to take it seriously.

i don't actually think landorus-i is as broken as people itt are making it to be. issues like giving keldeo a free scald, being usually no more than an 1 for 1 trade against offense, as well as the inability to break defensive cores that have hard counters like cress or mega latias is why. however, i believe a metagame without it would be better. that happens because lando-i exacerbates the matchup issue even more. like, if the opposing team relies on landorus to break cores and you have 2-3 counters, you win that game on team preview. (and no, teams that rely solely on one mon to break cores exist; a team full of breakers is susceptible to losing to stuff like lopunny/general offense). however, what if the opponent doesn't have a lando-i? actually, what if instead of a lando-i it has something like dd mega tar, who can very easily kill all of landorus' common counters? then you're in for a rough game. in a metagame with over 50 viable threats, having to run usually one third of your team just to avoid losing to ONE pokemon is unacceptable imo.

Last edited:
Zamrock StarmeiTheGod Sorry about bringing up evasion and confusion yes they are unrelated just bringing attention to an issue of something else I think is broken.

Zard Y is used to demonstrate the point it is not just landorous that benefits from pursuit support. More likely than not landorous is broken even without pursuit, but it does bring an interesting debate to the table.

Yes landorous is the one sweeping 4 or 5 mons, but it can't do so as long as cresselia or whatever is stopping it. So what is more important? The mon that sweeps 5 mons or the one that removes the only thing stopping the sweep.

Yes pursuit can give an advantage to the landorous user, but the one facing the landorous user can do nothing to stop it. Assume you are running landorous + Pursuit user. The opposing team has a hard stop in cresselia and no other counters or checks to lando.

The cresselia user has 2 options: let landorous kill something, or send in cresselia.
If they send in cresselia the lando user sends in their pursuit user.
They then kill or severly injure cresselia.
Thus landorous sweeps anyways.

This same situation is played out via Zary Y and keldeo with lati@s etc...

Basically the team that is getting pursuit trapped has no options to stop the opposing team. This is what I mean by lack of counterplay. So basically is the problem the mons with a limited number of counters/checks that can be pursuit trapped or the pursuit trapper itself. This is where swagger and such come into the play. They give an advantage to your team, but that doesn't mean they are competitive. In fact most players would they are uncompetitive. I'd argue pursuit may be a part of this uncompetitive element of broken as it stops a basic mechanic of the game in switching.

Ok, I'm seeing a lot of posts stating checks to Lando-I, mainly to just revenge kill instead of having switch-ins to this powerful mon, which is usually the issue here. Everyone pretty much made it clear that Mega Latias and Cresselia are THE best switch-ins to this by being immune to it's most powerful STAB move being Earth Power and not giving a flying fuck about it's only super effective against them being Knock Off as both would just recover it off or revenge kill. However, if these are legit the only good switch-ins to this monster in OU and the rest of it's "checks" just drop to the floor or get 2hkod, don't you think that it's an issue for it to remain in OU?
This really depends on the kind of meta we want. Do we want a meta that is easier for pokemon to counter each other or one that is more harder to counter each other and we must rely more on checks/revenge killing. I always argued for the latter.

Many people have said before that a pokemon that can come in and 2hko the majority of the meta takes next to no skill. But on the contrary I can argue that a meta that is mostly based on pokemon countering each other takes next no skill because all it is is knowledge of type advantage and just mindlessly switching into the appropriate pokemon. Where a meta which relies more on checks and revenge killing is probably more skillfull because it requires more risk which results in more thought and long term planning.

SD talonflame and mega scizor are examples that can revenge kill landorus with some prior damage. Granted you may need to be at plus 2 to OHKO if landorus is healthy enough. But if you can find an opportunity to set up and also weakening talonflame's and scizors counters(heatran,rotom-wash) and able to pull out a sweep, then you've done a good job in long term planning and outplaying your opponent. Granted your opponent can do the same to you, but that's all part of competitive play.

Using Outrage as a coverage move is generally regarded as useless. That wouldn't disregard Latias a counter, it would mean Landorus-I can lure Mega Latias. HP ice hits anything Outrage does better, besides Mega Latias. All of its other coverage moves aren't specially for that mon, but Outrage is. It would be like... Well I can't really compare it too anything, other that Outrage would be more classified as a lure instead of a counter, don't use it
Lol, does head smash aegislash ring a bell? Apparently it was enough to justify mandibuzz not being a counter, when it hits not too much that shadow ball or sacred sword doesn't hit already. (Just because bisharp is a lured in by sacred sword, is bisharp still a counter? No.)

By definition, regardless of how shitty the set is, if the pokemon has a way past it's counter.. it's no longer a counter, It's a check. You can counter a particular set, and maybe latias is a counter to lando because none of them ever really run outrage, but that's only the most viable sets it's countering.. there is still that one gimmick latias cannot beat 1v1.

EDIT response to below:
pika pal I get what you're saying, however I am not trying to argue the viability of outrage lando, it's a gimmick at best.

The only point I'm trying to get across is that latias isn't a full counter, but just a hard-check at best.

Last edited:
SD talonflame and mega scizor are examples that can revenge kill landorus with some prior damage. Granted you may need to be at plus 2 to OHKO if landorus is healthy enough. But if you can find an opportunity to set up and also weakening talonflame's and scizors counters(heatran,rotom-wash) and able to pull out a sweep, then you've done a good job in long term planning and outplaying your opponent. Granted your opponent can do the same to you, but that's all part of competitive play.
Standard Bisharp and Mega Absol are examples that can revenge kill Mewtwo with some prior damage. Granted you may need Stealth Rocks up to guarantee the kill. But if you can find an opportunity to get in and also weakening Bisharp and Mega Absol's counters (Mega Lopunny, Conkeldurr) and able to pull out a sweep, then you've done a good job in long-term planning and outplaying your opponent. Granted your opponent can do the same to you, but that's all part of competitive play.

This probably comes off as extremely sarcastic and patronizing, and for that I'm sorry, but do you see the problem with this argument? All I'm getting from your argument is that it's possible to beat Landorus. Well... yeah. That's why it wasn't banned within two seconds of Pokébank being released. If a Pokémon is completely unbeatable then there's no debate it's broken; but just because it's possible to beat a Pokémon doesn't mean it doesn't deserve the ban. I mean, hell, Banded 252+ Attack Iron Fist Gurdurr has a chance to OHKO Darkrai with Mach Punch. The point here isn't finding ways to beat Landorus; the point here is trying to find if Landorus tips the scales of victory too far in the user's favour than any other Pokémon.

Outrage landorus is stupid and only situationally useful. Head smash aegislash was used because you not only lured pokemon for others, you decimated several counters and had a moderately open moveslot, not just barely 2HKO'd one counter while trapping landorus into a move that gets you killed on the next turn. Outrage landorus only serves to hinder landorus, is a waste of a moveslot, and even if you kill a mega latias landorus dies afterwards, negating the point of kill it's counter. This is so stupid on so many levels. Can we just not bring up Outrage because it is an unreasonable coverage slot. Landorus has at least 6 other better things to run. you're never going to see Outrage landorus in anything non theoretical and if you do, it will be the easiest revenge kill of your life. Outrage makes landorus less of a threat. can we just table all arguements about outrage.

Lol, does head smash aegislash ring a bell? Apparently it was enough to justify mandibuzz not being a counter, when it hits not too much that shadow ball or sacred sword doesn't hit already. (Just because bisharp is a lured in by sacred sword, is bisharp still a counter? No.)

By definition, regardless of how shitty the set is, if the pokemon has a way past it's counter.. it's no longer a counter, It's a check. You can counter a particular set, and maybe latias is a counter to lando because none of them ever really run outrage, but that's only the most viable sets it's countering.. there is still that one gimmick latias cannot beat 1v1.

EDIT response to below:
pika pal I get what you're saying, however I am not trying to argue the viability of outrage lando, it's a gimmick at best.

The only point I'm trying to get across is that latias isn't a full counter, but just a hard-check at best.
Head smash hit specially defensive Zard's, it hit Zapdos, it hit Special defensive Talonflame/stallbreaker talonflame.

Outrage literally only hits Mega Latias harder than anything else in its move set

Landorus being able to blow apart a high majority of the tier and even some of its "counters" with the right niche move has put it easily as the best stall breaker/wall breaker in the tier. While some people argue there are many wall breakers in the tier landorus can boast it requires no mega stone to do its job, and that it does well while having overall acceptable bulk and typing to accompany it. Even though the suspect is fairly early into progress, its already very easy to see that the metagame is far more nourishing to balance and stall (obviously). We can easily see a more diverse metagame but take heed removing landorus allows for a lot more openings for defensive based teams as mentioned.

Despite landorus having great coverage and power, overall lacks in the speed department for the most part. I'd even go as far to say that outside its rock polish set that it can in many cases be dead weight v.s fast paced teams, mainly when faced with hyper offense. I'd overall rule sitting in S rank seems to be more fitting, despite its versatility and danger it presents to slow paced teams

since when was base 101 slow? Yeah, slow against offensive teams but Landorus-I gets Rock polish, if it gets that up nothing's out speeding it. And when facing stall speed really doesn't matter, nothing common on stall is faster that 101. Balance is broken by the fact that Landorus-I comes in on the slower parts of the team and then starts spamming earth power.

Standard Bisharp and Mega Absol are examples that can revenge kill Mewtwo with some prior damage. Granted you may need Stealth Rocks up to guarantee the kill. But if you can find an opportunity to get in and also weakening Bisharp and Mega Absol's counters (Mega Lopunny, Conkeldurr) and able to pull out a sweep, then you've done a good job in long-term planning and outplaying your opponent. Granted your opponent can do the same to you, but that's all part of competitive play.
You would have to play around with sucker punches. But to be honest, I don't know how mewtwo compares to landorus in OU since mewtwo has never been in OU. If mewtwo can be beaten somewhat easily in OU, then I would not have a problem with it being in there.

This probably comes off as extremely sarcastic and patronizing, and for that I'm sorry, but do you see the problem with this argument? All I'm getting from your argument is that it's possible to beat Landorus. Well... yeah. That's why it wasn't banned within two seconds of Pokébank being released. If a Pokémon is completely unbeatable then there's no debate it's broken; but just because it's possible to beat a Pokémon doesn't mean it doesn't deserve the ban. I mean, hell, Banded 252+ Attack Iron Fist Gurdurr has a chance to OHKO Darkrai with Mach Punch. The point here isn't finding ways to beat Landorus; the point here is trying to find if Landorus tips the scales of victory too far in the user's favour than any other Pokémon.
This all goes to what I said on what kind of meta we want. I personally don't agree with the meta you seem to favor. Why should the meta be defined by an anti- "tipping the scales of victory too far in the user's favour than any other Pokémon", instead of two players going at it to try and win despite of what advantage a pokemon may bring. As long as a pokemon can be beaten somewhat easily it should be fair game. Stop watering down the meta by specifically defining how we should play and just play the game how it is.

You would have to play around with sucker punches. But to be honest, I don't know how mewtwo compares to landorus in OU since mewtwo has never been in OU. If mewtwo can be beaten somewhat easily in OU, then I would not have a problem with it being in there.
I'm not sure if you missed the point or deliberately ignored it, but the point was that your argument could have been applied to literally any mon that's been banned. Obviously if you can get your counter to X and weaken all of the things that could weaken your counter then you can kill X. It's a pointless argument that doesn't progress the discussion in any way.

This all goes to what I said on what kind of meta we want. I personally don't agree with the meta you seem to favor. Why should the meta be defined by an anti- "tipping the scales of victory too far in the user's favour than any other Pokémon", instead of two players going at it to try and win despite of what advantage a pokemon may bring. As long as a pokemon can be beaten somewhat easily it should be fair game. Stop watering down the meta by specifically defining how we should play and just play the game how it is.
So, if I'm understanding this right, you think that rather than banning mons, we should deal with the fact that they are not immortal, and just have players build teams regardless of what each mon brings in terms of power or utility or how much of a reversal a mon can cause with one turn. You understand that the second meta you described is Ubers right? The goal of OU has always been to remove mons that can cause a sudden shift in the user's favor with little to no warning regardless of whether than can be killed. Obviously most mons can cause a reversal, but some can do it far more easily than others (usually) due to a lack of good checks or a presence of too many sets requiring completely different checks. Your ideal meta, where we ignore this and use what we have, goes against what is trying to be achieved in OU.

What you said in your last paragraph doesn't make much sense, specifically here on smogon, where we try to create a BALANCED singles (and doubles now) metagame. By your logic, mega salamence shouldn't be banned, because its "watering down the meta." I find this to be comparable in that while landorus-I isn't on the level of mega salamence, it forces you into an unfavorable situation from team preview unless you are playing stall. This means merely having it on your team gives you a massive advantage over your opponent, due to it having no safe switch-ins outside of cress and mlatias. The point is, we aren't a community where if an absurdly powerful pokemon is introduced to the meta, the major reaction is to suck it up and deal with it. Just because something can be beaten easily, doesn't mean it isn't broken, because from what I can recall, it wasn't that hard to beat the Deo forms, but they are broken. If we were to play the game "how it is," with vgc style bans, OU would be absolutely unplayable. We are trying to create a balanced metagame, and if you think the meta with lando-i is balanced, that's fine. However, you can't have what you said be your reasoning for it, because what you said is basically: "lando-i isn't invincible, so it's not broken." Many suspects aren't invincible, but that doesn't make them any less broken.

Shurtugal

The Enterpriser.
is a Tiering Contributor
Do Not Ban Landorus! I know it's not the popular opinion please don't kill me

I decided to wait until after I made suspects to discuss Landorus, and today, I'm glad to say, I finally did it. I made Suspect Requirements! The last one I needed for the badge, too!

Disclaimer: I have a lot to say. If you don't want to read it all, look for the too long to read (tl;tr) at the end of the post.

-.-.-

Non-Landorus OU Metagame Comments:

There wasn't much variance between the Landorus metagame and a Landorus metagame without, except that stall was perhaps seen a bit more than usual (but it's used frequently even with Landorus?). People assumed Tornadus-T was a pokemon only useful for Landorus, so it dropped in usage and, oddly, I saw a few more Serperior roaming around (the normal, anyway) - which was quite funny, seeing as one of my personal teams was still carrying the Tornadus-T (I hadn't even added it for Landorus - the check was a bonus).

I still saw a few M-Latias teams, so I don't think players using them feel obligated to for Landorus's sake, and yes, I still saw Cresselia and Gothitelle on opposing stall teams, too.

The only variance I saw was a lack of offensive teams (tho I ran one alongside some other teams to make my req.).

I think the lack of variance actually shows that Landorus's impact is not one that is strong enough to warrant a ban.

-.-.-

Landorus's Teambuilding Impact / Check n Counters

Let me start by saying: I am not a stall player. I only have experiences facing them, so I know how they play and general builds, but am not a player that has to teambuild them, and as such, will be a hard player to sympathize in these regards.

So, the argument is that Landorus is a strain on teambuilding, except I fail to see this at all.

There's an argument floating around this thread, one that's saying "OMG Landorus so broke IT HAS LIKE NO COUNTERS please ban!" and, if this were a previous generation, that argument would be solid.

However, this metagame is one where something doesn't need counters to be "broken" (and I use "broken" as a word to describe "presence which is unhealthy for the metagame" since, come on, we don't care if it's broken - we'll ban it anyway).

As far as Landorus goes on balance, it has a decent number of checks. Tornadus-T, Azumaril, Keldeo, Serperior, Rotom-W, Scizor, SDef Zapdos, Bulky Starmie, Talonflame, Latias, Latios, MCharizard-Y, MCharizardX, etc., etc.

OK, so some of you are typing your But these pokemon can't switch into Landorus! or They can't even achieve a OHKO! or something along those lines.

See, I'm an offensive player at heart. Checks have loose terms to me. A check is anything that can KO at 75%+, can switch into a common move or so, or can revenge kill it. I am not saying this is THE defintion for checks, only that it is mine.

I am NOT saying a player needs to rely soley on one check to beat Landorus or implying that one check is enough.

What I'm saying is that checks are so multiple on balance and can easily fit in groups of pairs to make 2-3 checks, and these checks aren't ONLY being use for Landorus, and they will continue to see usage even if Landorus is banned. Landorus isn't restricting balance teambuilding, rather, it's just another threat it has to deal with. Much like Manaphy or Kyurem-B in these regards. Actually, I'd say Kyurem-B is a bigger threat to balance; it breaks the common Rotom-W + Landorus-T + Heatran core with ease, has about-above-ish average speed, and is relatively hard to switch into. I understand that Kyu is not as great as Landorus since Landorus accomplishes a lot more and has more versatility, but for balance in particular, Landorus is not the only threat of its caliber.

-o-o-

Meanwhile, on offensive teams, Landorus is a joke. In terms of combating these teams, Landorus's speed is mediocre on a good day. With threats like Sand Rush LO Excadrill, Talonflame, Thundurus, Keldeo, Serperior, Latios, Latias, Mega Manectric, LO Starmie, Weavile, Bisharp (Sucker Punch), Gengar, etc., etc., offense can easily stop it.

As for this legendary Rock Polish set, it needs a lot of hazards to achieve OHKOs, and quite often, it cannot achieve such KOs. It'd have to set up on an offensive team really late in the game to clean up, because otherwise, there's probably a threat that's going to take Earth Power for 80%+ and retaliate with a OHKO.

And offfense isn't fragile balance / stall. It doesn't care if it has to take 80% to stop Landorus. Offense is all about sacking anyway and, in terms of offense, there are many other Pokemon that are like Landorus in this regard and this playstyle has already adjusted to combat situations such as this.

-o-o-

Now, the REAL argument is that Landorus breaks stall teams too easily. As a user who has used CM Landorus, I can see why stall would not appreciate fighting Landorus, especially as the match progresses.

I have not played stall enough to know whether or not it's truly restricted by this thing, but I can say this: I've lost to stall teams with CM Landorus. It's possible. Landorus isn't a KILL STALL! pokemon. Stall can play around it.

For starters, Scarf Gothitelle easily nullifies Landorus. In fact, Gothitelle can switch into an Earth Power, live, and cripple it with a Choice Scarf, rendering Landorus useless for the remainder of the match. Now, Gothitelle isn't a pokemon that is used solely to beat Landorus or is nonviable or whatever the crap argument is it has going against Latias / Cresselia (which I'll get to later) but rather, used to combat opposing stall.

And let's be real here: what stall team is running Landorus? Gothitelle is virtually useless against the type of teams Landorus is run on anyway, so sacking Gothitelle to cripple Landorus isn't a statement that Landorus is broken or something that would effect the chances of the stall player's chance of winning in the regards that it's going to need Goth later to win; it won't. Goth's role is to trap and cripple / KO threats to the team; it cripples Landorus, henceforth doing its job superbly.

As for Latias and Cresselia: the pursuit argument is garbage. Landorus isn't trapping its counters with pursuit; therefore, it is not a viable argument to pose. I didn't like that argument in BW2 and I don't like now.

-.-.-

Landorus Sets

Landorus does not have 4MMS. LEARN WHAT IT ACTUALLY MEANS PLEASE. But people take the whole It has so much move coverage! way out of proportion. Sure, it can hit Tornadus-T with Rock Slide, but my Tornadus-T can hit Diancie with Iron Tail guess that means Diancie doesn't count as a CHECK or anything.

Oh wait. Right.

Landorus might have an obscure move or so that can combat common counters / checks / whatever, like Rock Slide for Talonflame / Charizard / Tornadus-T, but using this precision usually means that its other three moves cover less, meaning that the chances of it carrying this moves are minimal, and as such, you have little to no risk.

However, let's say you switch Tornadus-T in and it gets decked by Rock Slide. Oh no! What ever do you do now?

Wait. Perhaps, if Landorus is carrying Rock Slide, it probably doesn't carry the coverage move it needs to defeat one of your checks (like Sludge Wave for your Azumaril or whatever)?

"But Shurtugal, carrying multiple checks limits teambuilding and proves ban worthy-ness!"

No. This metagame is designed to revolve around checks. Counters are sparse nowadays. Checks are easy to put on team, there is simply NO strain to having checks. Take a look at your teams; you probably accidentally check a lot of threats in the metagame. Have clutch responses to certain threats; Landorus is no different.

Having the possibility to run an obscure move does not make the check / counter in question any less of a legitimate argument.

As for the Landorus sets themselves, you always know Landorus carries Earth Power, so you always have a coinflip to switch into your EQ immunity as a check (like, pretty much anything immune to EQ becomes a check if it can live a hit afterward / outspeeds and can OHKO or come close to a KO after rocks). Depending on the team's structure, you can usually deduce some of its other coverage moves, too; it's not that difficult, takes a bit of skill I suppose, but still.

I know it makes itself versatile and that adds presence, but I just feel it's highly exaggerated in an attempt to get it banned.

-.-.-

CONSIDERATION FOR FUTURE SUSPECTS - How to balance the metagame and team match up problems

We need to start suspecting defensive threats.

If Landorus gets banned, it's going to make Balance / Stall the primary force of the metagame, and those teams are so mindless as it is. I don't think this is healthy at all.

However, Landorus getting banned would prove something: it doesn't need to be typically broken to be banned. Landorus has answers to itself, and most playstyles (balance, offense) don't have much difficulty beating it; just stall.

Take Mega Sableye. By itself, sure, it has clear counters and what not. But the thing about defensive threats is that they are designed to work with defensive partners to make a team incapabale of being brought down.

I think it is reasonable to suspect a defensive threat under the premise that It creates defensive cores practically impossible to destroy. Like how Landorus was banned last generation for Tyrantiar + Keldeo + Landorus covering most of the metagame; M-Sableye, Chansey, Skarmory (or whatever, this is a filler example not to be taken literally) covers a majority of the metagame.

We think that a suspect has to have an offensive presence, but I'm saying that a defensive presence is just as intimidating, and we should try taking them more seriously. By suspecting some defensive threats, we might build a metagame balanced of both Balance / Stall strategies and Offensive strategies. If we continue to only ban offensive threats, than of course the metagame is going to be favoring Balance / Stall strategies; we're designing it to do so this way!

Equilibrium can only be achieved after BOTH offensive / defensive meet at the same point. By suspecting only offensive threats, our metagame cannot achieve equilibrium.

-.-.-

Too Long To Read?

1.| No-Landorus-OU made balance and stall slightly used more, but not much variance apart from a limited amount of offensive teams (and I saw a few on my run).

2.| Landorus has a lot of checks that are easily applicable to balance and offensive teams alike. Stall can cripple with Gothitelle and being pursuit weak doesn't make these checks or counters any less of a check or counter; just that the player needs to be more skillful.

3.| Just because Landorus can run Rock Slidge or whatever to hit a stray counter or check doesn't make the counter or check any less of a counter or check; and usually, if it forgoes a coverage move to hit that one check or counter, it lacks the movepool to stop another check or threat your team posses, and due to how many checks are in the metagame, this is a likely scenario.

4.| Equilibrium can only be achieved after BOTH offensive / defensive meet at the same point. By suspecting only offensive threats, our metagame cannot achieve equilibrium.

Last edited:
Lol at the people thinking pursuit is uncompetitive. Leaving no room for counterplay? What? After tyranitar pursuit traps one of your mons you can easily bring in a mon such as Azumarill and basically nuke something or get up a belly drum and possibly sweep. In fact, after you get locked into pursuit you actually open up lots of opportunities for set up Commonly pursuit trapped mons such as latias, starmie, and latios even have ways around it such as healing wish, fishing for scald burns, doing heavy damage with hydro pump or just making ttar / bisharp take a lot of damage.

Anyways I'm pretty sure I was the person that brought up all this outrage bullshit with that gif. I wasn't trying to say that outrage landorus is good or anything, it's a shitty gimmicky. I was just trying to make a point that landorus has an extremely wide movepool. So yeah please don't take that gif too seriously.

I disagree with you if u want to play a broken meta go to ubers where the "skill meta" of who set ups their extreme speeder first rekt 6-0 first (ubers has skill but normally a mindless offense with mega gengar and SD primal groudon destroy a well made stall team) and i think that the argument of "what kind of meta we want" is bullshit, almost all ou players wants this meta to be a balance between all playstyles (balance,stall and offense) and its not fair to balance to have landorus I en ou.

I don't see how it's that reliable on the ladder to be honest, the ladder isn't exactly the best resource for things but I see your point.

Also can we stop using 4MSS as an argument? It's team. fucking. dependant. It uses its moveslots to fit your team. If it matters on what your team needs to cover that's something you need to consider. Landorus has enough coverage to fit your team. If you seriously require more than 4 moves on Lando you have a problem on your hands, your team needs to be rebuilt.

The funny thing is, Landorus doesn't have 4MSS. It only needs its STAB, Earth Power, Sludge Wave for fairies to be effective and I think that's it. You can tailor the last moveslots according to your team needs.

bludz

a waffle is like a pancake with a syrup trap
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Shurtugal your post is long so I'm not going to argue literally every single point, just ones that I disagree with the most. I did read your entire post and I am not taking any of these points out of context.

"If Landorus gets banned, it's going to make Balance / Stall the primary force of the metagame, and those teams are so mindless as it is. I don't think this is healthy at all."

I'm sorry, but didn't you admit it isn't quite the godly stall / balance breaker that its made out to be? So how does this hold true? Our metagame is still saturated with powerful wallbreakers like Manaphy (RD #1 threat to stall) and Kyurem-Black (which you admitted is superior to Landorus against balance builds). Also I fail to see how these teams are mindless. You seem to have a very strong bias towards offense.

"4.| Equilibrium can only be achieved after BOTH offensive / defensive meet at the same point. By suspecting only offensive threats, our metagame cannot achieve equilibrium."

"We need to start suspecting defensive threats."

Since our metagame is offensively oriented right now, the best way to balance it out is to suspect offensive threats. If we were in a metagame that was dominated by stall / balance, we would probably be suspecting a more defensively oriented pokemon. I don't know why you think we need to suspect defensive threats, since many defensive builds are incredibly matchup based and still really susceptible to stuff like Mega Gardevoir or Magma Storm Heatran, among a plethora of other threats. There are pokemon that people rarely use such as Emboar or Pangoro but they literally decimate fat builds, and stall / balance is often much easier to beat after taking down the first pokemon, similar to a domino effect.

"Landorus isn't restricting balance teambuilding, rather, it's just another threat it has to deal with. Much like Manaphy or Kyurem-B in these regards."

Both of those pokemon are also incredibly restrictive to building balance so this is a very flawed argument.

"Meanwhile, on offensive teams, Landorus is a joke. In terms of combating these teams, Landorus's speed is mediocre on a good day. With threats like Sand Rush LO Excadrill, Talonflame, Thundurus, Keldeo, Serperior, Latios, Latias, Mega Manectric, LO Starmie, Weavile, Bisharp (Sucker Punch), Gengar, etc., etc., offense can easily stop it."

While it is true that offense does not struggle with Landorus as much as other playstyles, it still has advantages over a lot of the pokemon you mentioned. It has better bulk than a lot of offensive mons, so it can often take 1 hit and KO in return. It also has fantastic typing allowing it to come in for free on choice locked pokemon (think Magnezone locked into an electric move or Keldeo locked into Secret Sword) and either set up a RP or fire off an attack. Rock Polish can be picked off by priority but it has the great benefit of being immune to Thunder Wave, straight up beating Excadrill / Mega Manectric etc after setting up and being able to tank a Sucker Punch from Bisharp no problem.

Now I am not saying that Landorus destroys offense. It does not. But it is never dead weight against it either and gets a kill or two most of the time. It is not a joke against offense, it's still a threat. While many offense players say that Rock Polish isn't as deadly as its made out to be, the fact of the matter remains that you require at least one (if not multiple) checks for this set and so it is clearly still a threat.

Shurtugal

The Enterpriser.
is a Tiering Contributor
"Landorus isn't restricting balance teambuilding, rather, it's just another threat it has to deal with. Much like Manaphy or Kyurem-B in these regards."

Both of those pokemon are also incredibly restrictive to building balance so this is a very flawed argument.
I meant that it has NO MORE restrictive properties than Manaphy or Kyu-B, which are currently fine in OU as it is.

edit: a.) one suspect at a time b.) future suspects isn't a viable argument, at least imo. I could be like WELL KYOGRE IS COMING BACK TO OU SO LAND IS FINE! for all the sense it makes to say that. I know that's not what you're claiming, only something you wished to point out, but just wanted to point it out.

While it is true that offense does not struggle with Landorus as much as other playstyles, it still has advantages over a lot of the pokemon you mentioned. It has better bulk than a lot of offensive mons, so it can often take 1 hit and KO in return. It also has fantastic typing allowing it to come in for free on choice locked pokemon (think Magnezone locked into an electric move or Keldeo locked into Secret Sword) and either set up a RP or fire off an attack. Rock Polish can be picked off by priority but it has the great benefit of being immune to Thunder Wave, straight up beating Excadrill / Mega Manectric etc after setting up and being able to tank a Sucker Punch from Bisharp no problem.

Now I am not saying that Landorus destroys offense. It does not. But it is never dead weight against it either and gets a kill or two most of the time. It is not a joke against offense, it's still a threat. While many offense players say that Rock Polish isn't as deadly as its made out to be, the fact of the matter remains that you require at least one (if not multiple) checks for this set and so it is clearly still a threat.
Never meant to imply Landorus wasn't a threat AT ALL to offensive teams, only that it is far from a broken one.

-.-.-

edit2: Manaphy is not "broke as hell" (and, like I said, it's is acceptably OU now, so that argument is not valid until Manaphy is proven broken) and Kyurem-B does not have "select few counters" either. Stall in particular couldn't care less about Kyu - it does a good job against balance, and it does good against stall if X threats are removed (and stall always has X threats, so it's as threatening as any other threat no where near broke) so I don't see what point you're trying to make. It seems to me that anything with an offensive presence to stall is suspect worthy or something (omg manaphy rain dance!) but Manaphy actually does suffer from 4MMs and--

Actually, no. My Manaphy point is valid until a time, or if a time should arise, it gets suspected. I'm not veering off topic here, so drop it.

Last edited:

bludz

a waffle is like a pancake with a syrup trap
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I will concede that it is probably about on the same level as Manaphy (which some people are calling for a suspect of, BTW) or Kyurem-Black in terms of being restrictive for more defensively oriented teams. However it is stronger against offense than Manaphy which needs to set up, and I believe it is better than Kyu-B against offense as well given its typing & Kyu-B's bad longevity. Perhaps it is not broken if you only play offense but when you consider how well it does against defensive teams + the fact that it is still a pretty big threat to offense it is definitely pushing the envelope.

As for the note about if it runs Rock Slide then it can't bop something else, that is true. However if it lures and KOs Tornadus-T then it has already done its job and the fact that it lives on to remain a big threat just shows how insanely effective this pokemon is. Pursuit trapping arguments are overblown in a sense but it does show how little support this pokemon needs and in fact it is usually supporting other members of the team.

Reactions: Mur
Wait wait wait. Did you just say that Landorus isn't a teambuilding restricter? I usually have one or two checks to it, if you don't you are fucked. You will almost always need a solid check to it (not sub solid) unless you really want to rely on revenge killing (then it can just switch as the only thing that can trap it is Gothitelle and Goth sucks.). Then it can just switch out, come back in later, kill something else, and continue having a field day with your team. It's not like Landorus-I checks come naturally, they're not that common and most of them are bopped by some form of coverage besides Mega Latias and Cresselia (which Cress is a stall machine and Latias is on balance and stall usually.)

Do Not Ban Landorus! I know it's not the popular opinion please don't kill me

I decided to wait until after I made suspects to discuss Landorus, and today, I'm glad to say, I finally did it. I made Suspect Requirements! The last one I needed for the badge, too!

Disclaimer: I have a lot to say. If you don't want to read it all, look for the too long to read (tl;tr) at the end of the post.

-.-.-

Non-Landorus OU Metagame Comments:

There wasn't much variance between the Landorus metagame and a Landorus metagame without, except that stall was perhaps seen a bit more than usual (but it's used frequently even with Landorus?). People assumed Tornadus-T was a pokemon only useful for Landorus, so it dropped in usage and, oddly, I saw a few more Serperior roaming around (the normal, anyway) - which was quite funny, seeing as one of my personal teams was still carrying the Tornadus-T (I hadn't even added it for Landorus - the check was a bonus).

I still saw a few M-Latias teams, so I don't think players using them feel obligated to for Landorus's sake, and yes, I still saw Cresselia and Gothitelle on opposing stall teams, too.

The only variance I saw was a lack of offensive teams (tho I ran one alongside some other teams to make my req.).

I think the lack of variance actually shows that Landorus's impact is not one that is strong enough to warrant a ban.

-.-.-

Landorus's Teambuilding Impact / Check n Counters

Let me start by saying: I am not a stall player. I only have experiences facing them, so I know how they play and general builds, but am not a player that has to teambuild them, and as such, will be a hard player to sympathize in these regards.

So, the argument is that Landorus is a strain on teambuilding, except I fail to see this at all.

There's an argument floating around this thread, one that's saying "OMG Landorus so broke IT HAS LIKE NO COUNTERS please ban!" and, if this were a previous generation, that argument would be solid.

However, this metagame is one where something doesn't need counters to be "broken" (and I use "broken" as a word to describe "presence which is unhealthy for the metagame" since, come on, we don't care if it's broken - we'll ban it anyway).

As far as Landorus goes on balance, it has a decent number of checks. Tornadus-T, Azumaril, Keldeo, Serperior, Rotom-W, Scizor, SDef Zapdos, Bulky Starmie, Talonflame, Latias, Latios, MCharizard-Y, MCharizardX, etc., etc.

OK, so some of you are typing your But these pokemon can't switch into Landorus! or They can't even achieve a OHKO! or something along those lines.

See, I'm an offensive player at heart. Checks have loose terms to me. A check is anything that can KO at 75%+, can switch into a common move or so, or can revenge kill it. I am not saying this is THE defintion for checks, only that it is mine.

I am NOT saying a player needs to rely soley on one check to beat Landorus or implying that one check is enough.

What I'm saying is that checks are so multiple on balance and can easily fit in groups of pairs to make 2-3 checks, and these checks aren't ONLY being use for Landorus, and they will continue to see usage even if Landorus is banned. Landorus isn't restricting balance teambuilding, rather, it's just another threat it has to deal with. Much like Manaphy or Kyurem-B in these regards. Actually, I'd say Kyurem-B is a bigger threat to balance; it breaks the common Rotom-W + Landorus-T + Heatran core with ease, has about-above-ish average speed, and is relatively hard to switch into. I understand that Kyu is not as great as Landorus since Landorus accomplishes a lot more and has more versatility, but for balance in particular, Landorus is not the only threat of its caliber.

-o-o-

Meanwhile, on offensive teams, Landorus is a joke. In terms of combating these teams, Landorus's speed is mediocre on a good day. With threats like Sand Rush LO Excadrill, Talonflame, Thundurus, Keldeo, Serperior, Latios, Latias, Mega Manectric, LO Starmie, Weavile, Bisharp (Sucker Punch), Gengar, etc., etc., offense can easily stop it.

As for this legendary Rock Polish set, it needs a lot of hazards to achieve OHKOs, and quite often, it cannot achieve such KOs. It'd have to set up on an offensive team really late in the game to clean up, because otherwise, there's probably a threat that's going to take Earth Power for 80%+ and retaliate with a OHKO.

And offfense isn't fragile balance / stall. It doesn't care if it has to take 80% to stop Landorus. Offense is all about sacking anyway and, in terms of offense, there are many other Pokemon that are like Landorus in this regard and this playstyle has already adjusted to combat situations such as this.

-o-o-

Now, the REAL argument is that Landorus breaks stall teams too easily. As a user who has used CM Landorus, I can see why stall would not appreciate fighting Landorus, especially as the match progresses.

I have not played stall enough to know whether or not it's truly restricted by this thing, but I can say this: I've lost to stall teams with CM Landorus. It's possible. Landorus isn't a KILL STALL! pokemon. Stall can play around it.

For starters, Scarf Gothitelle easily nullifies Landorus. In fact, Gothitelle can switch into an Earth Power, live, and cripple it with a Choice Scarf, rendering Landorus useless for the remainder of the match. Now, Gothitelle isn't a pokemon that is used solely to beat Landorus or is nonviable or whatever the crap argument is it has going against Latias / Cresselia (which I'll get to later) but rather, used to combat opposing stall.

And let's be real here: what stall team is running Landorus? Gothitelle is virtually useless against the type of teams Landorus is run on anyway, so sacking Gothitelle to cripple Landorus isn't a statement that Landorus is broken or something that would effect the chances of the stall player's chance of winning in the regards that it's going to need Goth later to win; it won't. Goth's role is to trap and cripple / KO threats to the team; it cripples Landorus, henceforth doing its job superbly.

As for Latias and Cresselia: the pursuit argument is garbage. Landorus isn't trapping its counters with pursuit; therefore, it is not a viable argument to pose. I didn't like that argument in BW2 and I don't like now.

-.-.-

Landorus Sets

Landorus does not have 4MMS. LEARN WHAT IT ACTUALLY MEANS PLEASE. But people take the whole It has so much move coverage! way out of proportion. Sure, it can hit Tornadus-T with Rock Slide, but my Tornadus-T can hit Diancie with Iron Tail guess that means Diancie doesn't count as a CHECK or anything.

Oh wait. Right.

Landorus might have an obscure move or so that can combat common counters / checks / whatever, like Rock Slide for Talonflame / Charizard / Tornadus-T, but using this precision usually means that its other three moves cover less, meaning that the chances of it carrying this moves are minimal, and as such, you have little to no risk.

However, let's say you switch Tornadus-T in and it gets decked by Rock Slide. Oh no! What ever do you do now?

Wait. Perhaps, if Landorus is carrying Rock Slide, it probably doesn't carry the coverage move it needs to defeat one of your checks (like Sludge Wave for your Azumaril or whatever)?

"But Shurtugal, carrying multiple checks limits teambuilding and proves ban worthy-ness!"

No. This metagame is designed to revolve around checks. Counters are sparse nowadays. Checks are easy to put on team, there is simply NO strain to having checks. Take a look at your teams; you probably accidentally check a lot of threats in the metagame. Have clutch responses to certain threats; Landorus is no different.

Having the possibility to run an obscure move does not make the check / counter in question any less of a legitimate argument.

As for the Landorus sets themselves, you always know Landorus carries Earth Power, so you always have a coinflip to switch into your EQ immunity as a check (like, pretty much anything immune to EQ becomes a check if it can live a hit afterward / outspeeds and can OHKO or come close to a KO after rocks). Depending on the team's structure, you can usually deduce some of its other coverage moves, too; it's not that difficult, takes a bit of skill I suppose, but still.

I know it makes itself versatile and that adds presence, but I just feel it's highly exaggerated in an attempt to get it banned.

-.-.-

CONSIDERATION FOR FUTURE SUSPECTS - How to balance the metagame and team match up problems

We need to start suspecting defensive threats.

If Landorus gets banned, it's going to make Balance / Stall the primary force of the metagame, and those teams are so mindless as it is. I don't think this is healthy at all.

However, Landorus getting banned would prove something: it doesn't need to be typically broken to be banned. Landorus has answers to itself, and most playstyles (balance, offense) don't have much difficulty beating it; just stall.

Take Mega Sableye. By itself, sure, it has clear counters and what not. But the thing about defensive threats is that they are designed to work with defensive partners to make a team incapabale of being brought down.

I think it is reasonable to suspect a defensive threat under the premise that It creates defensive cores practically impossible to destroy. Like how Landorus was banned last generation for Tyrantiar + Keldeo + Landorus covering most of the metagame; M-Sableye, Chansey, Skarmory (or whatever, this is a filler example not to be taken literally) covers a majority of the metagame.

We think that a suspect has to have an offensive presence, but I'm saying that a defensive presence is just as intimidating, and we should try taking them more seriously. By suspecting some defensive threats, we might build a metagame balanced of both Balance / Stall strategies and Offensive strategies. If we continue to only ban offensive threats, than of course the metagame is going to be favoring Balance / Stall strategies; we're designing it to do so this way!

Equilibrium can only be achieved after BOTH offensive / defensive meet at the same point. By suspecting only offensive threats, our metagame cannot achieve equilibrium.

-.-.-

Too Long To Read?

1.| No-Landorus-OU made balance and stall slightly used more, but not much variance apart from a limited amount of offensive teams (and I saw a few on my run).

2.| Landorus has a lot of checks that are easily applicable to balance and offensive teams alike. Stall can cripple with Gothitelle and being pursuit weak doesn't make these checks or counters any less of a check or counter; just that the player needs to be more skillful.

3.| Just because Landorus can run Rock Slidge or whatever to hit a stray counter or check doesn't make the counter or check any less of a counter or check; and usually, if it forgoes a coverage move to hit that one check or counter, it lacks the movepool to stop another check or threat your team posses, and due to how many checks are in the metagame, this is a likely scenario.

4.| Equilibrium can only be achieved after BOTH offensive / defensive meet at the same point. By suspecting only offensive threats, our metagame cannot achieve equilibrium.
Well we're suspecting offensive threats because it is a fact that can not be denied that there are much more offensive than defensive powerhouses in our meta game. Sableye stall isn't as unbreakable as a ton of people make it sound, even though it does limit teambuilding a bit sometimes, a ton of things break it as well as the fact that stall is generally a subpar playstyle in high-level play by now, due to how easy it is to pressure it, and that's not the point here anyway.
You only have been seeing Cresselias because people were too lazy to build or the suspect metagame. Cresselia's usage is clearly a result of the over centralization Landorus-I creates on stall teambuilding, nothing else. Mega Latias I can pretty much say the same about to be completely honest. Landorus being able to get past all of its hard checks is a pretty big fucking deal to me, as its partners can deal with what it can not hit with its coverage (and the fact that its only counters are extremely passive, which in practical play means they will just get worn down and give away momentum) while when building my balance team I have to prepare for every possible variant there is cause I can't guess which one I'm gonna face on the ladder/in my tournament game (people should base their arguments off tournaments much more btw, it makes you more credible and you actually get experience of the impact Landorus-I has in a metagame where the emphasis is on creativity a bit more than consistency, and the genie very often restricts said creativity when teambuilding for tournaments) which is incredibly hard to do when also taking into account all of the threats there are in our oras ou metagame.

Edit:
I meant that it has NO MORE restrictive properties than Manaphy or Kyu-B, which are currently fine in OU as it is.
Well Manaphy is broken as hell and Kyurem has very select counters, and you can't deny that both are equally as threatening as Lando strictly speaking of the pressure they apply while Lando-I doesn't have a lot of the downsides Kyube has.

Last edited:

thesecondbest

Just Kidding I'm First
Alright let me put it this way. If you're using Mega Latias & Cresselia you now have a counter to all of the Landorus-I sets alone, they can't beat you and you'll beat them. This means you wont bother using a Specially defensive Zapdos (just an example) and you'll only rely on your Latias/Cresselia to handle Landorus-I. However, you're suddenly caught of guard by u-turn. You switch in your Latias/Cresselia on the u-turn.

4 Atk Life Orb Landorus U-turn vs. 252 HP / 160+ Def Mega Latias: 109-130 (29.9 - 35.7%) -- 34.8% chance to 3HKO

4 Atk Life Orb Landorus U-turn vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Cresselia: 101-122 (22.7 - 27.4%) -- possible 5HKO after Leftovers recovery

Your Latias is now at a maximum of 70%.
Your Cresselia is now at a maximum of 83%

Landorus-I switches into Weavile/tyranitar/bisharp or another designated Pursuit user ( Scizor even).

Tyranitar carries the strongest pursuit out of the three, so I'll use that though all of the three have their niches.

252+ Atk Choice Band Tyranitar Pursuit vs. 252 HP / 160+ Def Mega Latias: 152-180 (41.7 - 49.4%) -- 18.8% chance to 2HKO after sandstorm damage

If you go out into Tyranitar, switching it in on a Mega Latias, mega Latias lacks the ability to OHKO you and it's in a 50/50 scenario. And the best play would be going for Pursuit as Latias can't attack Tyranitar if its the stored power version and Tyranitar will eventually crit it or stall it out of roosts. Pursuit has 32 PP versus Roost that has 16 PP.

In short, Mega Latias loses regardless.

252+ Atk Choice Band Tyranitar Pursuit vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Cresselia: 140-168 (31.5 - 37.8%) -- 89% chance to 3HKO after sandstorm damage and Leftovers recovery

This is another issue, but again Landorus-I will win. If you switch your Tyranitar in on the Creeselia that's at 83% your best move is going for Pursuit. The first pursuit will do 31 minimum leaving Cresselia at 52%. Cresselia has no good, reliable recovery. And its best shot is to set up a reflect on the first pursuit, then switch out on the other. This leaves Cresselia at 22% maximum. It's no longer able to counter Landorus-I

You're now swept by Landorus-I.
Yes you are now swept because they have none of the mons i listed in my previous post that take a hit, and they don't have a faster mon/you get +2 speed upon switchin. It's not autosweep when counters are gone, Lando isn't xerneas, so don't make it seem like it is. If it were that easy to sweep with lando why did you ever lose in the pre suspect meta?
About Brightpowder, you say it takes the game out of the players control. Same goes with Paralyzing opponents, so should we ban T-Wave and everything that can Paralyze.
THANK GOD people realize twave is just as bad as swagger and evasion clause. Been waiting my whole life for the ou council to ban it
Just so this isn't a shitpost,
252 SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Landorus Earth Power vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Mew: 230-270 (56.9 - 66.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Life Orb Greninja Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Mew: 199-235 (49.2 - 58.1%) -- 64.5% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
Ok fine, you're stronger, but
0 Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Landorus Rock Slide vs. 252 HP / 104+ Def Mew: 91-108 (22.5 - 26.7%) -- possible 5HKO after Leftovers recovery
0 Atk Life Orb Protean Greninja Gunk Shot vs. 252 HP / 104+ Def Mew: 133-157 (32.9 - 38.8%) -- 6.8% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 SpA Life Orb Protean Greninja Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Mew: 164-192 (40.5 - 47.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Landorus Psychic vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Mew: 153-181 (37.8 - 44.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
The coverage is significantly stronger on greninja, plus twenty higher base speed and you actually hit most thins super effectively with greninja, while lando goes for neutral. So don't bring up the greninja comparison. If you click anything besides Earth Power, you are way weaker, plus much slower etc.[/quote]

Yes you are now swept because they have none of the mons i listed in my previous post that take a hit, and they don't have a faster mon/you get +2 speed upon switchin. It's not autosweep when counters are gone, Lando isn't xerneas, so don't make it seem like it is. If it were that easy to sweep with lando why did you ever lose in the pre suspect meta?

THANK GOD people realize twave is just as bad as swagger and evasion clause. Been waiting my whole life for the ou council to ban it
Just so this isn't a shitpost,
252 SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Landorus Earth Power vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Mew: 230-270 (56.9 - 66.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Life Orb Greninja Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Mew: 199-235 (49.2 - 58.1%) -- 64.5% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
Ok fine, you're stronger, but
0 Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Landorus Rock Slide vs. 252 HP / 104+ Def Mew: 91-108 (22.5 - 26.7%) -- possible 5HKO after Leftovers recovery
0 Atk Life Orb Protean Greninja Gunk Shot vs. 252 HP / 104+ Def Mew: 133-157 (32.9 - 38.8%) -- 6.8% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 SpA Life Orb Protean Greninja Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Mew: 164-192 (40.5 - 47.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Landorus Psychic vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Mew: 153-181 (37.8 - 44.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
The coverage is significantly stronger on greninja, plus twenty higher base speed and you actually hit most thins super effectively with greninja, while lando goes for neutral. So don't bring up the greninja comparison. If you click anything besides Earth Power, you are way weaker, plus much slower etc.
[/quote]
I'm glad you read my post and understand what I was overreacting. I stated very early in my argument that in this scenario my opponent is using latias/cress as a counter, so he lacks a way to deal with landorus-I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)