General Fighting Game Discussion

SCV was never really popular beyond it's launch year. Bandai-Namco droped the ball with that.

I want to get into Skullgirls though. It's pretty fun and I'm excited for Beowolf.

I can't wait for whenever skullgirls stops getting updated so I can try to get back into it. New characters are cool and all, but the weekly system updates aren't fun to keep up with and the console version is unplayably outdated.

On the ASW train, XRD is super fun even though I'm still character searching and the NEC Persona GFs were also pretty hype. Here's to hoping that we can see both games (maybe even UNIEL) get representation in some form with high entry at EVO.

Under night in birth is an anime fighter made by the Melty Blood team, but it's being licensed by ArcSys for its western release this February. You could look up videos, and there's a really nice description of its gameplay here.

I got KoF XIII on steam and may buy KoF 98 UM as well if it is on sale in Christmas. If GG Xrd is released for PC I might get that too.

Other than that there's 3rd Strike on ggpo if that is still a thing but I doubt I can play with people a continent away.

I can't wait for whenever skullgirls stops getting updated so I can try to get back into it. New characters are cool and all, but the weekly system updates aren't fun to keep up with and the console version is unplayably outdated.
I can see why the updates might bug you, but no one plays on beta outside of actually testing changes. People play quick match really only on retail, tourneys are all played on retail. Though if you're on Xbox I'm not sure if that's updated with the Eliza patch but PS3 is up to date, and is tourney standard. Knowing your character is getting buffed or nerfed long term is a bummer though.

Wait you can only block air to air? What does that mean exactly?
In UNIEL, if you're in the air, you can block moves from your opponent if they are doing a jumping normal attack or special, along with any kind of projectile, grounded our not. There are exceptions, I think, but that's the rule of thumb.

I came into this winter thinking that I'd be trying to juggle five games: UNIEL, Persona, Smash, Xrd, and Skullgirls. Once Smash came out and proved itself to be both fun and a solid competitive game though, it's all I've really been doing. I've kept up with combos and execution in SG, but I guess I've gone back to my roots as a Smash player and I'm only gonna focus on those two games.

I do really miss playing UNIEL, and Xrd looks like a lot of fun that I'll be missing out on but trying to compete in that many games is too much for me. Can't say too many nice things about P4U2, though. That game is just bonkers.

I seem to be in the minority here by saying that I'm not a huge anime player at all. I've really wanted to get into things like BB and P4A (was on that grind for a while, actually. Ended up dropping it and creeping away from it when school started back up like, last year.), but the curve seems kind of weird to me and I just kinda crawl back to "muh capcom games". But, considering the only one truly "alive" right now outside of specific scenes and major tournaments is Ultra, I don't get a ton of action with those. P amped for SFV announcment tho, solidified my PS$ decision.

Speaking of which, I'm planning on picking up Xrd soon since i've heard it's kind of easier to pick up than other GG games and it seems like a fun way for me to get into anime, finally.

Death Phenomeno

I'm polite so just for clarity, when I'm cross I
is a Contributor Alumnus
Clayfighter is coming back. Who asked for this and why is this happening?

Oh, I like the first Clayfighter games, don't get me wrong. The N64 one(s?) was brilliant when it came to making fun of other fighting games (KI's Ultra Combos, MK's Fatalities…) and even of N64 itself (with the 63 on the title). Too bad that its gameplay was horrible… if Interplay fixes it, this new game may be really entertaining.

Yeah! Fighting games!

I recently got into them 2 years ago. I mostly play Street Fighter stuff and King of Fighters stuff. My XBLA is Pumped Aaron.

Feel free to hit me up dudes! Also, I want to play Pokken =).

Last edited:
Has Dragon Ball already been mentioned in here? I freaking love every single one of them, especially the Budokai series.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)