NOC Fallout New Vegas NOC [GAME OVER - Wastelanders Win]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatecrashers

acta est fabula
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
on the subject of the courier, i theorised earlier that it's possible that the mafia and the courier have alternate night kills, if that is the case, then it's simple for the courier to not use his kill n2 and claim he was bpv, just a possibility to think about

it's hard to conjecture about whether the courier has a kill or not without knowing his win condition, i'm assuming it is similar to that of a wolf, i agree with butteredtoast that the cult thing sounds a bit overpowered for a noc game

some people might have cottoned on to what my role is, maybe that's why they are hesitant to lynch me?

ButteredToast said:
However, since Spiffy is so clear to call out other people for claims, and since the Mafia already (allegedly) knows he is a BPV and has said it to the world, I think he should claim his role. Role name, message, the works. If nothing but to clear himself of this suspicion/ reveal himself with a fake post. And put this behind us because we need to move on.
Yeah this seems fair. People will probably argue that the Courier would be given a safe claim (I would expect him to have one) but there's no harm in me claiming fully now.
More Cowbell said:
Dear Spiffy,

you are Oliver Swanick.

“Fuck off! Win your own fucking lottery!”

You were once with the Powder Gangers - but Powder Gangers are small-time, and you’re a fucking winner. When Caesar’s Legion rolled into the town of Nipton and decided the faith of the town through a lottery, you were the only one lucky enough to walk away unharmed. Now you have decided to leave the Powder Gangers and make it big in the world, because that’s what winners do.

You are a Wastelander Lucky Convict. You have no night action. However, because you’re a lucky son-of-a-bitch, you will survive the first nightkill placed on you by Caesar’s Legion.

You are allied with the Wastelanders. You win if the Wastelanders eliminate Caesar’s Legion or if nothing can prevent the same.
Fatecrashers said:
some people might have cottoned on to what my role is, maybe that's why they are hesitant to lynch me?
Clearly I have the unpopular opinion here but if it's obvious that some people have caught on then there is no reason not to come clean. Unless we can be certain that the mafia or Courier hasn't caught on (which is impossible), the village has the disadvantage in information if some people are left in the dark. It only takes one mafia to catch on and then they all know.

And I have really seen no other valid lynch targets presented other than Fatecrashers and maybe Amianki. The other option, sunny, just screams noob town to me and not really someone I'd lynch over the other two. It's important to keep Serious Bananas and rssp1 in mind as they seem pretty overlooked and the latter in particular doesn't look too great coming off of an HD scumflip. Probably gonna read Day 2 back again and pay close attention to these two.

Oh. Are we allowed to copy/paste our role PMs into the thread?

That sort of defeats the purpose of a NOC game, but oh well I guess. I don't see anything in the rules against it, so meh.

Can we move on from speculating about the courier? It's not helpful (similar as to how discussing the setup is unhelpful). Don't really have anything else to add for now. soz

You may post your role PMs. I don't know if that's usually the case in NOC games, but given the fact that anyone can write a fake claim just as well, we didn't include anything about it in the rules.

Yeah I checked the rules to make sure before I posted it and like I said I feel like the Courier and mafia would have have at least fake rolenames so I don't really consider it game breaking.

Alright guys, I should hopefully be back and active again since all the exams i've had are now over.
I'm thinking that Celever is fairly scummy for how much he was against the HD lynch; however, he didn't change his stance at all and his posts make it seem like he legitimately thought HD was a bad lynch.
Fate is making his role claim blatantly obvious.... or i'm completely misunderstanding his claim.
I like the points made in sunny's post #1073, especially in regards to Celever and Fate.
If I had to lynch one of the two, i'd pick Celever, since the role that i'm seeing Fate claim is most likely town.

I'm going to read back later and read HD's interactions with others to see if I can get something more useful than what i've said in this post.

The belief that Celevar is mafia seems absurd to be to be honest. You would have to be an idiot (as a mafia teammate of HD) to be so publicly against the lynch that was clearly going to happen right before the vote goes through. So unless Celevar is either a) an idiot, or b) mind gaming us super hard, I just don't see how his wrongness makes him mafia.

Request:

Guys, I have a request. Lets organize our posts a little to make them readable to the players. I find it a bit frustrating to differentiate a well thought-out argument vs a reply to a previous argument.

Suggestions:
  • Just add a para heading, that summarizes or gives a gist of what to expect from the below para.
  • Put multiple questions or arguments in bullets, or in new lines.
  • Para heading could be: Reply to a prev Argument, New Argument, New Idea, Scum Hunt, Deductions, etc.,
  • As long as the para heading makes sense to you, it is good enough to be put.
Benefits:
  • Easier to read for the folks that you are directing your argument to.
  • Easier to look back at your own points in the posts.
  • Makes skipping sections a lot easier.
  • Tl;DR by folks who are busy or not as active can be avoided.
Drawbacks:

There is just one drawback, that it would take a little bit of additional time. Although it is insignificantly small in a 44 page discussion. Like it would take you a couple of minutes to make a format that you like. Then you would just reuse the same format in every post.

Disclaimer & Opinion:

This is not at all, a required thing to do. Although, it would make the game a lot more enjoyable when you wish to revisit at some point of time. Or if you want to refer this game to someone as a good read. It really falls on your interest in making this game enjoyable to yourself and to others.

Have fun!

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
Request:

Guys, I have a request. Lets organize our posts a little to make them readable to the players. I find it a bit frustrating to differentiate a well thought-out argument vs a reply to a previous argument.

Suggestions:
  • Just add a para heading, that summarizes or gives a gist of what to expect from the below para.
  • Put multiple questions or arguments in bullets, or in new lines.
  • Para heading could be: Reply to a prev Argument, New Argument, New Idea, Scum Hunt, Deductions, etc.,
  • As long as the para heading makes sense to you, it is good enough to be put.
Benefits:
  • Easier to read for the folks that you are directing your argument to.
  • Easier to look back at your own points in the posts.
  • Makes skipping sections a lot easier.
  • Tl;DR by folks who are busy or not as active can be avoided.
Drawbacks:

There is just one drawback, that it would take a little bit of additional time. Although it is insignificantly small in a 44 page discussion. Like it would take you a couple of minutes to make a format that you like. Then you would just reuse the same format in every post.

Disclaimer & Opinion:

This is not at all, a required thing to do. Although, it would make the game a lot more enjoyable when you wish to revisit at some point of time. Or if you want to refer this game to someone as a good read. It really falls on your interest in making this game enjoyable to yourself and to others.

Have fun!
Sorry, but hosts shouldn't post in games like this. I don't think this post in particular has done any harm, but please don't try it again. Hosts helping players is unfun and is easily perceived as bias (this post seems biased to the town) so it's really not a good idea.

Also I'm really not prepared to add headers to my paragraphs. This post will make just as much sense without a heading than with one, and adding headings to every paragraph will get really tedious both to write and to read. No thank you.

The belief that Celevar is mafia seems absurd to be to be honest. You would have to be an idiot (as a mafia teammate of HD) to be so publicly against the lynch that was clearly going to happen right before the vote goes through. So unless Celevar is either a) an idiot, or b) mind gaming us super hard, I just don't see how his wrongness makes him mafia.
Why does Mithiril use a rude language?

*It's not really my business because I'm dead.

Um Vulpes Inculta is clearly allied with Caesar? (unless he gave a fake role name somewhere idk i assume not since he didn't even claim a role)

Obviously yeah, maybe the mafia was given fake claims, but it could give us a some info/find some mafia without much risk to anyone (esp. considering given dead people it doesn't seem like more important characters in fallout are PRs or anything of that sort).

Celever

i am town
Um Vulpes Inculta is clearly allied with Caesar? (unless he gave a fake role name somewhere idk i assume not since he didn't even claim a role)

Obviously yeah, maybe the mafia was given fake claims, but it could give us a some info/find some mafia without much risk to anyone (esp. considering given dead people it doesn't seem like more important characters in fallout are PRs or anything of that sort).
Oh, Vulpes Inculta is an actual person. I'd just sorta assumed he was made up by the hosts for this game, idrk why.

I don't think we should reveal rolenames because they might imply the role that someone has. My role flavor is pretty linked to what my role was for instance.
Speaking of, where's your claim?

Fatecrashers

acta est fabula
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
i don't think anyone has been hit with a post restriction today, and based on what happened to haunted yesterday i think that restrictor is a mafia role, so either the restrictor idled or the village hooker knows who the mafia post restrictor is?

Oh, Vulpes Inculta is an actual person. I'd just sorta assumed he was made up by the hosts for this game, idrk why.
All roles are based on actual in-game characters from Fallout New Vegas - that's all I'll say about it.

By the way, here comes a sub request once again; Serious Bananas is in need of a sub, if anyone knows anyone who may be able to play please let me know.

Celever

i am town
Why does Mithiril use a rude language?

*It's not really my business because I'm dead.
Stop posting, holy shit. You do know that deadtalking is punished in NOC right?

i don't think anyone has been hit with a post restriction today, and based on what happened to haunted yesterday i think that restrictor is a mafia role, so either the restrictor idled or the village hooker knows who the mafia post restrictor is?
I mean, this is a logical conclusion for sure. No one's said that they have one. I was about to say that the safeguard could have protected the post restrictor's target, but then I remembered that you lynched him Day 1...

OK, this activity has been appalling. I was trying to wait for someone to bring a new topic up, because I really don't have anything new to add. Lynch sunny, wooh?

With the activity being as low as it is right now, I'm gonna set a deadline, which may be extended depending on the activity from now.

Deadline is in 32 hours from this post, on the 21st of May, 8PM GMT+2 (CET Summer Time).

(making sure my vote is actually noticed this time, since it obviously wasn't)
Lynch Fatecrashers

...wait... I caused a tie... damnit :/ may change later if the tie's still there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)