Pokemon Shuffle General Discussion

zero2exe

Veteran Breeder - Expert Translator
is a Contributor Alumnus
Geez is Shuckle ridiculous. I have a team consisting of Mega Slowbro, Swellow and Swablu and I could not catch him (frankly the bonus for spare moves isn't that much of a help)
Spare moves do not add on the catch rate though and shuckle has a very low one. I'd recommend not using a mega evolution since it's impossible to trigger without mega start just go for as many super effective mons as you can, also if you're low on super effective type pokemon I'd highly recommend swapping Swablu for Taillow because of the rock break ability you might get luckier at chaining combos.

Ghhahh still can't catch regirock, even with 3 great balls spammed when I had 5 moves left! And now I'm trying mawile, kyogre, and lucario just to beat this stupid AF level wtf?!?

Edit: I FINALLY BEAT THIS STUPID ASS LEVEL! Mega mawile does make the difference, it's even better than mega stoise, and my team was mawile, kyogre, lucario. Also I think this is the most expensive pokemon I have ever gotten as it required about 20k coins of great ball spamming to capture....I hate myself now.

Last edited:

zero2exe

is a Contributor Alumnus
Ghhahh still can't catch regirock, even with 3 great balls spammed when I had 5 moves left! And now I'm trying mawile, kyogre, and lucario just to beat this stupid AF level wtf?!?

Edit: I FINALLY BEAT THIS STUPID ASS LEVEL! Mega mawile does make the difference, it's even better than mega stoise, and my team was mawile, kyogre, lucario. Also I think this is the most expensive pokemon I have ever gotten as it required about 20k coins of great ball spamming to capture....I hate myself now.
You know you can always just reset the game right after the great ball fails so you still lose your heart but not your coins?

Just scored myself a rough 10000 score on the Lucarionite stage. I'm now at rank 4100. Pretty solid. Hopefully I won't miss out on this stone.

Geez is Shuckle ridiculous. I have a team consisting of Mega Slowbro, Swellow and Swablu and I could not catch him (frankly the bonus for spare moves isn't that much of a help)
I'm going to guess based on your team that you're not far into the game and are just using whatever you have on hand, right? I'd suggest going full-Pyre team: Combusken, Charmeleon, Torchic. Conversely, I'd ignore Shuckle for now and just spend the rest of the week unlocking normal stages; the daily Pokemon always appear for at least two weeks in a row, so Shuckle will return next Wednesday. Save your coins and jewels, as you've got some tough stages ahead (M-Mawile, M-Glalie and M-Gengar will test your sanity). If you can make it to M-Gengar before the end of next Wednesday (since I'm basing your progress on Swellow's stage, that's about 62 stages beyond him) and win, M-Gengar's effect (it Mega evolves in 3 or 4 matches, the fastest mega evolver in the game with one of the most powerful effects) and two super-effective Pokemon would trivialize the stage.

Edit: As for Regirock, for those still struggling, his stage has been made easier as of the new daily Pokemon update. Prior to it, the disruptions that fell were a mix of rocks, steel blocks and Regirocks. After the update, you do not see steel blocks outside of the very start of the stage and his final disruptions. As someone on gamefaqs posted, it is possible to S-rank Regirock itemless now by taking M-Mawile and two of your strongest mons (Block Bash ability not even necessary) while leaving the fourth slot blank (Regirock will be considered your fourth Poke in this case).

For those curious, here's a video link to the strategy:

Last edited:
I'm going to guess based on your team that you're not far into the game and are just using whatever you have on hand, right? I'd suggest going full-Pyre team: Combusken, Charmeleon, Torchic. Conversely, I'd ignore Shuckle for now and just spend the rest of the week unlocking normal stages; the daily Pokemon always appear for at least two weeks in a row, so Shuckle will return next Wednesday. Save your coins and jewels, as you've got some tough stages ahead (M-Mawile, M-Glalie and M-Gengar will test your sanity). If you can make it to M-Gengar before the end of next Wednesday (since I'm basing your progress on Swellow's stage, that's about 62 stages beyond him) and win, M-Gengar's effect (it Mega evolves in 3 or 4 matches, the fastest mega evolver in the game with one of the most powerful effects) and two super-effective Pokemon would trivialize the stage.
I'm at M-Mawhile right now, and I have other issues with it. I'll see about the regirock stage

Oksy back to Shuckle, I got a Charizrd and attempted the fire thing, didn;t work out so well

Next time I'll try to focus on mega Mawile and then Regirock

Last edited:
So, I'm going back to catch the only EX Pokemon I don't have besides Mewtwo: Blaziken.

So, the time limit is extremely strict, so I was wondering about something.

I understand resetting the game the game before the results screen retains the coins from a Great ball, but what about a jewel? Blaziken gets +10% per 3 seconds left on the clock, so a strategy I had was, assuming I'm 1 pair away, to use the Jewel, immediately finish him with 14 seconds on the clock, and then catch him with a 41% Pokeball/82% Great ball. I would be willing to use up a jewel for this IF I know I only need the one.

And this is assuming I can't get a decent catch with the Pause trick. I understand it's probably a more costly test to fail, but has anyone tried this?

So, I'm going back to catch the only EX Pokemon I don't have besides Mewtwo: Blaziken.

So, the time limit is extremely strict, so I was wondering about something.

I understand resetting the game the game before the results screen retains the coins from a Great ball, but what about a jewel? Blaziken gets +10% per 3 seconds left on the clock, so a strategy I had was, assuming I'm 1 pair away, to use the Jewel, immediately finish him with 14 seconds on the clock, and then catch him with a 41% Pokeball/82% Great ball. I would be willing to use up a jewel for this IF I know I only need the one.

And this is assuming I can't get a decent catch with the Pause trick. I understand it's probably a more costly test to fail, but has anyone tried this?
Won't work. Using the jewel will make the game save automatically before the stage resumes. If you plan to use it to increase catch rate, be prepared to go all in.

Won't work. Using the jewel will make the game save automatically before the stage resumes. If you plan to use it to increase catch rate, be prepared to go all in.
Nah, more just something I would try if it worked like the Balls.

In that case, I'll just repeat and pray with the Home Trick. Maybe grind some money for a couple Great Balls if I get bored. Already got Shuckle and Regirock, and I was hoping to use Blaziken against Steelix.

zero2exe

is a Contributor Alumnus
Nah, more just something I would try if it worked like the Balls.

In that case, I'll just repeat and pray with the Home Trick. Maybe grind some money for a couple Great Balls if I get bored. Already got Shuckle and Regirock, and I was hoping to use Blaziken against Steelix.
Homescreen method's just fine to get blaziken, of course the black clouds are really annoying but not terrible. I'd recommend using Keldeo if you have it for the block bash ability to get some extra pokemon to extend your chain before the next disruption. While in theory Aerodactyl has the right set of abilities for this stage it takes too long to mega evolve to really take advantage of that so I'd stick with Blastoise or Amphy.

Homescreen method's just fine to get blaziken, of course the black clouds are really annoying but not terrible. I'd recommend using Keldeo if you have it for the block bash ability to get some extra pokemon to extend your chain before the next disruption. While in theory Aerodactyl has the right set of abilities for this stage it takes too long to mega evolve to really take advantage of that so I'd stick with Blastoise or Amphy.
I use Aerodactyl more for Cloud Clear than the Mega Ability, though at that point I might just put Amphy in the Mega slot (I don't have Blastoiseite). So Block Bashers are important.

I use Aerodactyl more for Cloud Clear than the Mega Ability, though at that point I might just put Amphy in the Mega slot (I don't have Blastoiseite). So Block Bashers are important.
I used mega Gengar, Groudon, Donphan and Aurorus and managed to catch Blaziken with 11 seconds, not using the home trick. Mega Gengar is great with the whole disappearing regardless of if its behind a cloud or not and it got me a string of lucky combos I otherwise wouldn't have. It's such a dodgy level because about 9 attempts before that I didn't even come close but I wouldn't say the home trick is necessary if you've beaten some of the later EX stages which are just as brutal.

Good tip on the Regirock stage. But I can not even catch Milotic x__x

Edit: Oh, looks like it's not really necessary.

2nd edit: I just caught Regirock with 0 moves left! I had to use two Great Balls though, and too bad now almost all of my coins I saved up for emergency Lucarionite are gone. But w/e!

Last edited:
Regarding Lucarionite, is a complexity -1 required to place high enough? I've just used my coins to catch mewtwo but I doubt I can grind for much more at this point.

Regarding Lucarionite, is a complexity -1 required to place high enough? I've just used my coins to catch mewtwo but I doubt I can grind for much more at this point.
Don't buy anything (yet). I've got myself a score of rough 10000 without using any items. It got me around rank 4000. Be thrifty with your coins ~

It's not required, but the difference in score potential between no items versus Disruption Delay + Mega Start versus DD, MS and Complexity-1 is pretty huge.

It's not required, but the difference in score potential between no items versus Disruption Delay + Mega Start versus DD, MS and Complexity-1 is pretty huge.
Do you think mega start + DD will be enough or should I try and get 9k over the next couple of days for c-1?

You know you can always just reset the game right after the great ball fails so you still lose your heart but not your coins?
WHEN THE BLOODY FUCK DID THIS EXIST?!???

Wait...so this means I can keep using 15k coins on mewtwo/mega mewtwo until I get it S ranked?!!? WTF?!??? There are not enough words or reaction gifs to describe me feelings!!!

WHEN THE BLOODY FUCK DID THIS EXIST?!???

Wait...so this means I can keep using 15k coins on mewtwo/mega mewtwo until I get it S ranked?!!? WTF?!??? There are not enough words or reaction gifs to describe me feelings!!!
No. The game saves right before you start the stage, so you don't get coins back for used items. However, you'll notice that the game does not save after the stage until you close out the final results screen. The capture screen comes before the final results screen, and there are no save attempts after each great ball purchase. So, you don't save money on the stage items, but you can save money on Great Balls if none of them catch the Pokemon.

I saved up for 12,5k coins. Enough to buy every power up in the Lucarionite stage. If I happen to be at rank 15000+ right before the event ends, I will buy all the power ups and go rambo mode on that Lucario.

zero2exe

is a Contributor Alumnus
Bought only Mega Start for the lucarionite event and scored 13276 (got really unlucky on 2 turns where I had to match riolus instead of my own pokemon) currently ranked at 2790. So yeah I guess I'm safe to (finally) get the stone for now.

FINALLY caught Regirock! Now I suppose I'll continue on and see if I can get some more coins (Thank god the weekend is almost here)

zero2exe

is a Contributor Alumnus
Got spiritomb on the first try, really interesting stage, not hard but tricky... also absol's mind zap trigerring on turn one sure helped too.
It's not a fantastic pokemon by any means but it's an upgrade from gastly as a spookify user at least.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)