Other The Next Best Thing - ORAS OU Edition (Discussing Gardevoir sets) Check Post #920

Status
Not open for further replies.
SD Pass Scizor
Scizor @ Leftovers
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Swords Dance
- Baton Pass
- Knock Off / Roost

This set aims to squeeze a lot of utility out of Scizor using its combination of bulk, priority, typing and useful utility moves to pass Swords Dances to other physical attackers. Bullet Punch, Scizor's signature trait, is helpful against offensive teams to pick off weakened threats, especially after a Swords Dance. Baton Pass obviously passes the Swords Dance, but also posses the utility of U-turn without the damage, giving teammates opportunities to set up or attack. Knock Off provides some much-needed offensive presence, while Roost allows it to further act as a defensive threat and stay healthy to pass SDs throughout the match. Knock Off is likely the better option most of the time since Leftovers already provides some passive recovery. Bug Bite is also worth considering as a second attack over Knock Off.

This set is physical defensive to handle threats such as Lando-T and Mega Lopunny better, but special defensive spreads are also viable as well as sets with max attack.

SubToxic Mega Scizor

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Def / 152 SpD / 92 Spe
Impish Nature
- Substitute
- Toxic
- Roost
- Knock Off / Bullet Punch

For defensive/balance teams, mainly, though it can also probably work on stall. 248 HP is a Substitute number, thankfully, and with 16 Defense EVs, it avoids the 2HKO from 252+ Lando-T EQ, yadda yadda same as what the official analysis says. 92 Speed, on the other hand, is to outspeed and get a sub up in front of Rotom-W, successfully abosrbing the predicted Will-o-Wisp and being in a good spot to spread Toxic. Roost is Roost, as this set wouldn't be effective at all without reliable recovery. Knock Off is preferred here for its ability to inconvenience its usual switch-ins that may otherwise not care about Toxic, like Heatran and Excadrill, while generally removing items off of things that sorely need them, like Serperior and Landorus (among many other offensive threats). Bullet Punch is still very much a viable STAB to run in case you need your team to check Fairies better.

Gimmick

Electric potential
Dang, never noticed the on-site Scizor analysis listed so many sets. This one's gonna be tough. Gotta pinch some creativity veins.

Assault Vest Scizor

Scizor @ Assault Vest
EVs: 248 HP / 132 Atk / 80 SpD / 48 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Pursuit
- Superpower

Scizor's Steel typing and STAB U-turn make it an excellent choice for an Assault Vest user, allowing it to switch into common and powerful moves like Life Orb Draco Meteors from Lati@s and Pixilate Hyper Voices from Specs Sylveon or Mega Gardevoir all while grabbing momentum with a powerful U-turn or trapping with Pursuit. The EVs are pretty specific here: HP and SDef make sure that Scizor is never OHKOd after Rocks by Latios' Life Orb HP Fire and can never be 2HKO'd by the combination of Draco Meteor and HP Fire. The speed allows Scizor to speed creep standard Belly Drum Azumarill so it can pick it off with a Bullet Punch (assuming prior damage of course). The rest goes into Attack, including the nature, which conveniently OHKOs Latios with U-turn after 1 Life Orb hit (Pursuit requires Rocks and 1 LO hit to OHKO 100% of the time, which isn't hard at all). With Wish support, AV Scizor can become difficult to take down not only because of its offensive pressure but also because of its very decent bulk. The goal of this set is to shift momentum into your favor through its ability to not only switch into hard-hitting resisted moves but also its ability to deal great damage to many of the things it checks (unlike more passive mons such as Skarmory and Ferrothorn). It also functions as a fantastic Lati@s switch-in, resisting both their STABs, and Pursuit trapping them extremely reliably. Thus, it is an excellent partner to mons like Keldeo and Landorus.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I present to you...

Thief Scizor!

Scizor @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 88 Atk / 96 Def / 76 SpD OR 248 HP / 88 Atk / 152 Def / 20 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Roost
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Thief

This is a fairly standard bulky Scizor set, but with one small twist, that might seem purely gimmick at first: Thief. Now, I'm sure you're thinking, why in the hell would you ever want to pack Thief on a serious set, much less on a Pokemon that gets Knock Off access, right? Well, allow me to enlighten you. This set allows Scizor to beat Mega Metagross, even without taking up the Mega Slot. The given EV spreads depend on if you would rather be guaranteed to avoid the 2HKO from MMetagross's Hammer Arm after rocks or if you'd rather have a bit more special bulk, but a low chance to get KO'd after rocks. The only utility lost by this is the effect of knock off- which is comparable to the utility lost by running Superpower to nail Heatran and Ferrothorn. In addition to beating Metagross, Thief provides more consistency than Knock Off in terms of damage output- Two technician boosted Thiefs hit for more damage than two Knock Offs.

Relevant calcs:
88+ Atk Technician Scizor Thief vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mega Metagross: 136-160 (45.1 - 53.1%) -- 84.4% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
88+ Atk Technician Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mega Metagross: 33-40 (10.9 - 13.2%) -- possible 8HKO after Stealth Rock (relevant b/c even if you get two min thiefs, min bullet punch KOs)
252 Atk Tough Claws Mega Metagross Hammer Arm vs. 248 HP / 96 Def Scizor: 143-169 (41.6 - 49.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Tough Claws Mega Metagross Hammer Arm vs. 248 HP / 152 Def Scizor: 136-160 (39.6 - 46.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

For more defensive teams that lack a good way around Mega Metagross, this set is worth entertaining, especially if you already have your mega slot filled.

p2

Banned deucer.
Salac Berry Scizor

Scizor @ Salac Berry
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite / Knock Off / Acrobatics
- Swords Dance
- Natural Gift

I was gonna go with Natural Gift + Apicot Berry, but using it only for a powerful Ground move and a potential +1 in SDef is ass.

Salac Berry with Natural Gift is a 100BP Fighting move which OHKOs Heatran at +2 even with Jolly Scizor. The best part about it is that it boosts speed by +1 if Scizor doesn't run into any Heatrans and gets weakened to the point where it activates the berry, which can make it a really big pain in the ass for offense to deal with because it just becomes a lot harder to revenge kill, even stuff like weakened Specs Keldeo doesn't like coming in on this. Or you can just be real and run Acrobatics to beat Keldeo aswell

+2 252 Atk Salac Berry Scizor Natural Gift (100 BP Fighting) vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 416-490 (108 - 127.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252 Atk Scizor Acrobatics (110 BP) vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Keldeo: 520-614 (160.9 - 190%) -- guaranteed OHKO

I'm going to repost my Defog normal Scizor here that was originally posted in the Scizor thread.

Defog Non-Mega Scizor

Scizor @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 60 Def / 200 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Defog
- Bullet Punch
- Roost
- U-turn / Knock Off / Superpower

And below is my explanation I gave in that thread:

Myself said:
It has the obvious moves are obvious, and the last slot can be for momentum, utility and item removal, or if your team is very scared of Bisharp for some reason. As far as EVs, running an Adamant nature gives it literally exactly enough power to OHKO 24 Def Mega Gardevoir after Rocks (88.8 - 104.6%), which was the threshold I aimed for. I do not recall exactly why I put 200 SpD in, but it gives it enough bulk to only be 2HKO'd 53% of the time from a Timid 232 SPA Gardevoir's Focus Blast after Rocks, and generally adds to it's Special bulk well. I know I aimed for a number or something to withstand, but that was made a while ago. The 60 Def were left over after I hit whatever number I wanted to on Attack and SpD, and were just plopped into Defense to absorb hits from Mamoswine and the like better.

Calcs:
  • 0+ Atk Technician Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 0 HP / 24 Def Mega Gardevoir: 246-290 (88.8 - 104.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
  • 0+ Atk Technician Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 64 HP / 0 Def Mega Altaria: 164-194 (53.4 - 63.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
  • 0+ Atk Scizor U-turn vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Bisharp: 103-123 (37.8 - 45.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock
  • 0+ Atk Technician Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Clefable: 156-186 (39.5 - 47.2%) -- 0.4% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
  • 0+ Atk Technician Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 252 HP / 160 Def Clefable: 188-224 (47.7 - 56.8%) -- 38.7% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
  • 0+ Atk Technician Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mega Diancie: 328-388 (136 - 160.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
  • 0+ Atk Technician Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Diancie: 252-300 (104.5 - 124.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
  • 0+ Atk Technician Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mamoswine: 216-254 (60.1 - 70.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
  • 0+ Atk Technician Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 0 HP / 0- Def Kyurem-B: 200-236 (51.1 - 60.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
  • 0+ Atk Technician Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 56 HP / 0- Def Kyurem-B: 200-236 (49.3 - 58.2%) -- 96.9% chance to 2HKO
  • 0+ Atk Technician Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 0 HP / 24 Def Weavile: 246-290 (87.5 - 103.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

• 232 SpA Pixilate Mega Gardevoir Hyper Voice vs. 248 HP / 200 SpD Scizor: 108-128 (31.4 - 37.3%) -- guaranteed 4HKO after Leftovers recovery
  • 232 SpA Mega Gardevoir Focus Blast vs. 248 HP / 200 SpD Scizor: 148-175 (43.1 - 51%) -- 54.3% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
  • 252+ SpA Pixilate Mega Altaria Hyper Voice vs. 248 HP / 200 SpD Scizor: 89-105 (25.9 - 30.6%) -- 99.6% chance to 4HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
  • 56 Atk Life Orb Teravolt Kyurem-B Fusion Bolt vs. 248 HP / 60 Def Scizor: 146-172 (42.5 - 50.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery (32.4% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery)
  • 252+ SpA Life Orb Teravolt Kyurem-B Earth Power vs. 248 HP / 200 SpD Scizor: 127-151 (37 - 44%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
  • 4 Atk Mega Diancie Diamond Storm vs. 248 HP / 60 Def Scizor: 153-181 (44.6 - 52.7%) -- 84% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
  • 252 SpA Mega Diancie Moonblast vs. 248 HP / 200 SpD Scizor: 87-102 (25.3 - 29.7%) -- 92.7% chance to 4HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
  • 240 Atk Life Orb Mamoswine Icicle Spear (5 hits) vs. 248 HP / 60 Def Scizor: 125-150 (36.4 - 43.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

So yeah, not the BEST Scizor, but a pretty dang good "jack of all trades" as far as hazard control, priority, momentum, and defensiveness goes. I've found it quite effective on my teams. I just wish I remember exactly what the EVs I made were for. I didn't rip them from the site analysis; it's just coincidental they are the same numbers. I remember I came up with them myself for something...
tl;dr - It's a great hazard controller and momentum grabber for more balanced teams. It has enough bulk and offense to do both jobs decently well, and is great to pair with another potential Mega like Gyarados to leave your opponents guessing for a bit.

MrAldo

Hey
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Was debating if I should should post this or not but meh, why not:

Scizor @ Micle Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off / Superpower
- U-turn
- Natural Gift

Meant to be played exactly as the choice band set. If you are wondering what this micle berry along with natural gift provides, well, it provides scizor with a whopping 100 BP Rock type move that can be used to lure and literally destroy plenty of scizor common checks (particularly fire types like talonflame, zards and volcarona). The rest of the moveset is pretty standard (basically the choice band set with a surprise). No swords dance cause with no boosts the lure achieved its goal, kill or severely weaken its checks or counters:

252+ Atk Micle Berry Scizor Natural Gift (100 BP Rock) vs. 96 HP / 0 Def Volcarona: 680-804 (202.9 - 240%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ Atk Micle Berry Scizor Natural Gift (100 BP Rock) vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Talonflame: 632-748 (176 - 208.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ Atk Micle Berry burned Scizor Natural Gift (100 BP Rock) vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Talonflame: 316-374 (88 - 104.1%) -- 25% chance to OHKO

You get the deal with Mega Char Y

252+ Atk Micle Berry Scizor Natural Gift (100 BP Rock) vs. 144 HP / 0 Def Mega Charizard X: 220-260 (66 - 78%) -- 25% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

and so on

Major downside: Micle berry is that type of berry that gets consumed whenever the mon is below 25% so you gotta be really careful to not be so weakened and that... this berry effect is absolutely useless, omg... for scizor thats it.

Not much else to say really, have fun with it.

Heres a set I was experimenting with a while ago, and it can actually put in work
Safeguard Mega Scizor

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
EVs: 104 HP / 252 Atk / 152 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Safeguard
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower / Knock Off / Bug Bite

This set aims to overcome allot of Scizors checks such as defensive Talonflame, Mega Sableye Rotom, Mew, and bulky water types such as Starmie, Slowbro and Manaphy who often rely on burns to beat you. This set does require a bit of prediction to use, as Standard Mew and Talonflame etc are naturally faster than this set, so its best to predict the switch so you dont have to rely on scald not burning or dodging a Will-o-Wisp as they come in. Mega Scizor is chosen over regular scizor becuase it pulls off these types of sets more efficiently thanks to its greater bulk, speed and attack stat, allowing it to beat threats that normal scizor would lose to such as Rotom and Heatran.

Unfortunately this set comes with a case of 4MSS, as the first three moves are absolutely necesary to function, and you want all 3 of the last moves. Basically Superpower hits steel types, Bug Bite is another ok STAB move that although it has crappy coverage with steel, it gives you a much stronger STAB move to Spam, and a way to beat psychic types. Knock off can also be used to weaken the opposing team, as well as netting great coverage with bullet punch.

152 Speed EVs allow you to speed creep standard rotom and specially defensive heatran, attack is then maxed out with an adamant nature to hit as hard as possible, while the rest is thrown into HP to allow more bulk, which this set really wants to set up easier alongside safeguard.

So why would you use this over standard SD scizor? It allows you to beat allot of Scizors regular checks, who often rely on burns to win, as well as supporting the rest of your team, stopping allot of HO builds who rely on prankster T-Wave to stop set up sweepers

Hope you enjoy the set! It works really good and I would encourage more people to use it.

Dread Arceus

total cockhead
Heres a set I was experimenting with a while ago, and it can actually put in work
Safeguard Mega Scizor

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
EVs: 104 HP / 252 Atk / 152 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Safeguard
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower / Knock Off / Bug Bite

This set aims to overcome allot of Scizors checks such as defensive Talonflame, Mega Sableye Rotom, Mew, and bulky water types such as Starmie, Slowbro and Manaphy who often rely on burns to beat you. This set does require a bit of prediction to use, as Standard Mew and Talonflame etc are naturally faster than this set, so its best to predict the switch so you dont have to rely on scald not burning or dodging a Will-o-Wisp as they come in. Mega Scizor is chosen over regular scizor becuase it pulls off these types of sets more efficiently thanks to its greater bulk, speed and attack stat, allowing it to beat threats that normal scizor would lose to such as Rotom and Heatran.

Unfortunately this set comes with a case of 4MSS, as the first three moves are absolutely necesary to function, and you want all 3 of the last moves. Basically Superpower hits steel types, Bug Bite is another ok STAB move that although it has crappy coverage with steel, it gives you a much stronger STAB move to Spam, and a way to beat psychic types. Knock off can also be used to weaken the opposing team, as well as netting great coverage with bullet punch.

152 Speed EVs allow you to speed creep standard rotom and specially defensive heatran, attack is then maxed out with an adamant nature to hit as hard as possible, while the rest is thrown into HP to allow more bulk, which this set really wants to set up easier alongside safeguard.

So why would you use this over standard SD scizor? It allows you to beat allot of Scizors regular checks, who often rely on burns to win, as well as supporting the rest of your team, stopping allot of HO builds who rely on prankster T-Wave to stop set up sweepers

Hope you enjoy the set! It works really good and I would encourage more people to use it.
Without Roost, doesn't this set ultimately lose to all of the things it's supposed to beat anyways?

Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Tailwind
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off

Not too sure what EV spread I should use so...
Tailwind Scizor! Tailwind + U-turn has excellent synergy with each other. I put max speed here because I don't think you'd be underspeeding anything after a Tailwind. Superpower, Roost, are all filler options.

Without Roost, doesn't this set ultimately lose to all of the things it's supposed to beat anyways?
Yeah it kind of does a bit, but the sets aim is to just set up on them quickly, as it can KO those targets after a couple of boosts, I'll give you some examples:

Rotom-W
0 SpA Rotom-W Hydro Pump vs. 104 HP / 4 SpD Mega Scizor: 123-145 (40 - 47.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
+4 252+ Atk Mega Scizor Superpower vs. 248 HP / 216+ Def Rotom-W: 338-398 (111.5 - 131.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
You can live two of Rotoms Hydro Pumps, while you can set up 2 SD's and OHKO it with Superpower

Mew
0 Atk Mew Knock Off vs. 104 HP / 0 Def Mega Scizor: 35-42 (11.4 - 13.6%) -- possible 8HKO
+6 252+ Atk Technician Mega Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 252 HP / 104+ Def Mew: 391-462 (96.7 - 114.3%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO
Admittedly if Mew carries taunt you lose 1v1, but if mew gives up taunt you can set up to +6 and OHKO

Talonflame
0 Atk Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 104 HP / 0 Def Mega Scizor: 82-97 (26.7 - 31.5%) -- guaranteed 4HKO
+6 252+ Atk Technician Mega Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Talonflame: 317-373 (88.3 - 103.8%) -- 25% chance to OHKO
Ok, so against Talon admittedly you lose 1v1, but if you can keep stealth rocks up, you can boost to +6 while they roost then brave bird twice, and then proceed to OHKO them

Mega Sableye
4 SpA Mega Sableye Shadow Ball vs. 104 HP / 4 SpD Mega Scizor: 76-90 (24.7 - 29.3%) -- 99.9% chance to 4HKO
+6 252+ Atk Technician Mega Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mega Sableye: 295-348 (97 - 114.4%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO
Mega Sableye can also be set up on, if its utility Sableye you lose because of Foul PLay, but you can beat CM Sableye 1v1 with ease

Starmie
0 SpA Starmie Scald vs. 104 HP / 4 SpD Mega Scizor: 85-102 (27.6 - 33.2%) -- guaranteed 4HKO
+4 252+ Atk Technician Mega Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Starmie: 205-242 (63.4 - 74.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
Simply SD twice as they scald you, then BP twice for the KO.

I think 5 is enough, but I could probably go on.

Admittedly yes, it can lose to these mons under some circumstances, but safeguard allows you to beat them sometimes, instead of basically 100% losing to them, which is better than nothing. It also allows you to support your team by shielding them from status as well.

I would like to put roost on that set, but steel is an absolutely garbage mono-attacking type, and theres really nowhere else to put it, so I did the best I could

bludz

a waffle is like a pancake with a syrup trap
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Rock Smash + Defog Mega Scizor

Scizor @ Scizorite
EVs: 248 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Adamant Nature
- Roost
- Defog
- Bullet Punch
- Rock Smash

Normally there would be no reason to use Rock Smash on Scizor when you can just use Swords Dance. However in the case of Defog Mega Scizor you don't really have room for Swords Dance because that leaves you as a mono attacker. Rock Smash with an Adamant Nature is a guaranteed OHKO on Bisharp (thank you Technician) - the most common preventer of Defog - which cannot take out Mega Scizor at +2 After Stealth Rocks.

Rock Smash is superior to Superpower because that much power isn't necessary on Defog Scizor, plus the defense drop makes it much worse at its job. Rock Smash also allows it to soften up mons like Mega Metagross as well. It can be a nice last ditch move on a mon before being KO'd since it leaves the opposing mon more easily revenge killed.

Another option can be to run U-turn over Bullet Punch since U-turn is great with Defog and also synergizes well with Rock Smash. Unfortunately then you no longer reliably check massively powerful fairies, which is a big downside so it's only recommended if the rest of the team covers them really well.

4+ Atk Technician Mega Scizor Rock Smash vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Bisharp: 272-320 (100.3 - 118%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Bisharp Sucker Punch vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Mega Scizor: 226-266 (65.6 - 77.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Last edited:
Bulky Counter Scizor

Scizor @ Scizorite/Leftovers
Ability: Light Metal/Technitian (if BP)
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature

- Counter
- Roost
- Defog/Knock Off/Bullet Punch
- U-Turn

Best thing I could think of was a bulky Counter Scizor. Scizor has some cool utility, allowing it to pull off a nice defensive set. Counter allows you to deal alot to physically offensive mons who can't break Sciz in one hit, then stealing a roost on something it walls to continue it's role. Defog allows Scizor to remove hazards, although it isn't a particularly good hazard remover, but is usable if you want to use a bulky Zor and have no other hazard removal. Knock Off is again good item utility, while Bullet Punch can be useful for more balanced teams or to pick off a weakened threat for a defensive team who is otherwise hard to beat. U-Turn allows you to keep momentum and ease prediction, and the chip damage (as well as Mag escaping) can be great for the bulky teams this Sciz will likely be on. It is switchable if you want both knock off/BP + defog, although I presonally find U-Turn too good to pass up on non setup Sciz.

A more specially defensive spread can be used with Mega Scizor, although my computer's bust so I can't calc a perfect spread right now.

Double-Edge Mega Scizor

Scizor @ Scizorite
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Double-Edge
- Bug Bite / Superpower

This set has one function. Double-Edge hits otherwise "safe" checks to Scizor for large amounts of damage. This is a lure as it gives up broader coverage to hit certain targets. While it certainly doesn't OHKO anything unboosted, it deals 65%+ to several common checks. Most of those targets also happen to be weak to Rocks, giving it shots to OHKO some of them on the switch after Rocks. Especially with Char-Y and Talon, it can often force them to recover more often than not leaving a safer window for checks to those two to come in.
252+ Atk Mega Scizor Double-Edge vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Charizard: 195-230 (65.6 - 77.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Mega Scizor Double-Edge vs. 88 HP / 0 Def Talonflame: 212-250 (66.4 - 78.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Mega Scizor Double-Edge vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Thundurus: 214-252 (71.5 - 84.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)