Chatot

p2

Banned deucer.

QC 3/3 : Raseri | Can-Eh-Dian | Hollywood
GP: 2/2: Queez | The Dutch Plumberjack

[OVERVIEW]

Chatot's signature move, Chatter, allows it to be a threatening Pokemon in NU, especially when coupled with its decent Special Attack and its amazing secondary STAB in Boomburst. It thrives against defensive teams because it can create many free turns due to Chatter's 100% confusion rate, but it has competition from Choice Specs Swellow and struggles against offensive teams because of its horrible bulk, weakness to Stealth Rock and its average Speed tier. Even though Chatot occupies an average Speed tier, it is still able to outspeed and handle threats such as Sawk, Lilligant, and Vivillon.

[SET]
name: Substitute
move 1: Substitute
move 2: Boomburst
move 3: Chatter
move 4: Nasty Plot / Encore
item: Leftovers / Silk Scarf
ability: Tangled Feet
nature: Timid
evs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Substitute allows Chatot to capitalize on free turns created by confusion from Chatter, giving it free opportunities to fire off very powerful Boombursts and allowing it to take on offensive checks more effectively. Boomburst can bypass Substitutes, while Chatter has a 100% chance of causing confusion and also bypasses Substitutes. Nasty Plot allows Chatot to boost its Special Attack to scary levels, where even bulky Pokemon that resist its moves such as Rhydon and Carracosta don't like taking a hit. Encore can be used to provide safer turns to set up a Substitute, especially if a Pokemon is locked into non damaging moves.

Set Details
========

The above EV spread maximizes Chatot's Speed and offensive capabilities so it can outspeed threats such as Lilligant, Sawk, Zangoose, and Vivillon. Silk Scarf boosts the power of Boomburst, while Leftovers can be used for additional recovery, which can be very useful in the free turns created by Chatter. All of Chatot's abilities are rather useless, but Tangled Feet is the best option in case you ever encounter confusion-inducing moves.

Usage Tips
========

Chatot should be brought in by U-turns or Volt Switches to take minimal damage, as it is too frail to directly switch into even resisted hits. Chatot should be used late-game, as it is very prone to being revenge killed by priority moves such as Fletchinder's Acrobatics and Kangaskhan's Fake Out, and when all of its checks and counters have been weakened to the point where it can pick them off with a Boomburst or Chatter. Chatot also has an easy time setting up on Pokemon that have been confused or paralyzed, as it can abuse free turns very easily.

Team Options
========

Claydol can use Rapid Spin to remove Stealth Rock; in addition, it resists Rock-type moves and is immune to Electric-type moves, while Chatot is immune to Ghost-type moves. Lanturn can switch in on Electric-types quite easily and handles Pokemon that can beat Chatot, especially Rotom. Sawk and Samurott can break Rock- and Steel-type Pokemon such as Rhydon and Probopass, the former having a powerful Close Combat and the latter having a powerful Hydro Pump, while Chatot sets up on Ferroseed lacking Gyro Ball. Thunder Wave support from Pokemon such as Granbull, Xatu, and Liepard is amazing for Chatot, as it can get over its average speed tier and become extremely annoying with the combination of paralysis and confusion. Teammates that can provide a slow U-Turn, Volt Switch, or Baton Pass are very useful, as Chatot wants to come in for free and take minimal damage.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============

Tailwind and Agility allow Chatot to outspeed its faster checks such as Pyroar, Tauros, and Sneasel; the former supports Chatot's team, while the latter lasts until Chatot switches out. Heat Wave can be used on the Substitute set for extra coverage; this means losing Substitute, Encore, or Nasty Plot but allows Chatot to handle Klinklang. Chatot can use Taunt, but its horrible bulk makes it a high-risk move. Chatot can use Choice Specs or Choice Scarf, but these sets are mainly outclassed by Choice Specs Swellow, which is faster than Choice Specs Chatot and hits harder than Choice Scarf Chatot.

Checks & Counters
===================

**Rock-types**: Rock-types such as Rhydon and Regirock can switch into Chatot easily and force it out with their Rock-type STAB moves.

**Electric-types**: A lot of Electric-types struggle to switch into Chatot, but Electric-types such Electivire outspeed Chatot and can OHKO it if it gets in for free, while Rotom can freely switch in on Boomburst or Chatter.

**Priority Moves**: Priority moves from Pokemon such as Kangaskhan, Fletchinder, Swellow, and Zangoose can OHKO Chatot or put a massive dent into it.

**Specially Defensive Pokemon**: Specially defensive Pokemon such as Mega Audino and Own Tempo Lickilicky, can take Chatot's Boomburst, and Lickilicky doesn't care about Chatter, as it is immune to confusion.

**Probopass**: Probopass has fantastic bulk, and its typing allows it to come in on Chatot, taking minimal damage due to its 4x resistance to both Chatot's STAB and coverage moves.

Last edited:

p2

Banned deucer.
I think I've got everything covered, should be ready for QC.

e: fixing up a bunch of stuff, will put it back into WIP
e2: I think it's ready now, I've been coming back to this every so often to add and edit things

Last edited:

p2

Banned deucer.
Montsegur do you mind checking over this now? I've just been adding and editing things whenever I've got spare time and I've added in mentions of mons that have recently dropped, specifically Fletchinder and Magneton.

p2

Banned deucer.
Can somebody check this soon? I don't want to leave this for much longer and kinda want to get it out the way.

mention leftovers as an option on the subNP set. Also make sub the first slot in slot 4
In usage tips add that due to chatters confusion it makes setting up substitutes and nasty plots a lot easier, and that with some luck you can walk all over the other team

seismitoad is RU now, so remove it from team options.

Also I'd like to see some more offensive teammates in there, but I haven't used NP chatot much so i think hollywood could help out more with that. But the team options looks really bland rn

Choice set:
Mention that Scarf chatter can give a 50% chance of a free turn (particularly good with set up sweeper partners) though this shouldnt be relied on too much
claydol shouldnt be setting up SR so change that a bit.
Magnet Pull Magneton is still a good partner for this set because it improves chatots ability to throw around boombursts

Only other moves I'd add to OO are Tailwind and Agility, cause gottagofast. Tailwind can be cool for supporting teammates

In checks and counters add specially defensive Pokemon, Mega Audino and Own Tempo Lickilicky (lol) can handle it pretty well

1/3 otherwise sry for no one checking this

Reactions: p2
The set should just be Boomburst / Chatter / Nasty Plot / Substitute, maybe with Encore slashed after Substitute but probably not. Heat Wave sucks because you can set up on Ferroseed and (Mega) Steelix is RU now.

Thunder Wave support should be a huge mention in Team Options. It turns Chatot into an aids machine and helps with its good-but-not-amazing Speed. Lanturn in particular is great because it comes in on Electric-types, especially Rotom and Magneton which can switch into Chatot easily. It's hard to suggest specific offensive partners because there's not much that's particularly good with it. Sawk is a good offensive partner because it crushes bulky Rock- and Steel-types. Maybe Samurott too for the same reason and because Chatot does reasonably well against Ferroseed.

CanadianWifier

Run Away With Me
The set should just be Boomburst / Chatter / Nasty Plot / Substitute, maybe with Encore slashed after Substitute but probably not. Heat Wave sucks because you can set up on Ferroseed and (Mega) Steelix is RU now.

Thunder Wave support should be a huge mention in Team Options. It turns Chatot into an aids machine and helps with its good-but-not-amazing Speed.
With my somewhat extended use of Chatot, just figured I'd mention that both of these points are really important.

- SubNP should be the only set, I prefer Lefties on it, but Silk Scarf also works. Life Orb is generally bad cause it kills Chatot with Sub + Rocks so fucking fast.
- Thunder Wave support is fucking incredible. Aids machine doesn't even start to describe it.

p2

Banned deucer.
mention leftovers as an option on the subNP set. Also make sub the first slot in slot 4
In usage tips add that due to chatters confusion it makes setting up substitutes and nasty plots a lot easier, and that with some luck you can walk all over the other team

seismitoad is RU now, so remove it from team options.

Also I'd like to see some more offensive teammates in there, but I haven't used NP chatot much so i think hollywood could help out more with that. But the team options looks really bland rn

Choice set:
Mention that Scarf chatter can give a 50% chance of a free turn (particularly good with set up sweeper partners) though this shouldnt be relied on too much
claydol shouldnt be setting up SR so change that a bit.
Magnet Pull Magneton is still a good partner for this set because it improves chatots ability to throw around boombursts

Only other moves I'd add to OO are Tailwind and Agility, cause gottagofast. Tailwind can be cool for supporting teammates

In checks and counters add specially defensive Pokemon, Mega Audino and Own Tempo Lickilicky (lol) can handle it pretty well

1/3 otherwise sry for no one checking this

Thunder Wave support should be a huge mention in Team Options. It turns Chatot into an aids machine and helps with its good-but-not-amazing Speed. Lanturn in particular is great because it comes in on Electric-types, especially Rotom and Magneton which can switch into Chatot easily. It's hard to suggest specific offensive partners because there's not much that's particularly good with it. Sawk is a good offensive partner because it crushes bulky Rock- and Steel-types. Maybe Samurott too for the same reason and because Chatot does reasonably well against Ferroseed.
With my somewhat extended use of Chatot, just figured I'd mention that both of these points are really important.

- SubNP should be the only set, I prefer Lefties on it, but Silk Scarf also works. Life Orb is generally bad cause it kills Chatot with Sub + Rocks so fucking fast.
- Thunder Wave support is fucking incredible. Aids machine doesn't even start to describe it.
Done all this.
Not sure what I should make the item on the SubNP set though, should I just keep it as LO as the main item and slash Lefties and Silk Scarf?

- for moves in set 1, move heat wave to other options.

- under usage tips for set 1, remove +LO recoil from the second bullet point. You didn't slash it in the possible items so you don't need to include it here.

- under checks and counters, add probopass.

p2

Banned deucer.
- for moves in set 1, move heat wave to other options.

- under usage tips for set 1, remove +LO recoil from the second bullet point. You didn't slash it in the possible items so you don't need to include it here.

- under checks and counters, add probopass.
okay, did this

[OVERVIEW]
  • Decent Speed which lets it outspeed threats like Sawk, Lilligant and Vivillon
  • Usable Special Attack with Nasty Plot boosting it further
  • Excellent STAB moves in Boomburst and Chatter, both of which bypass Substitute
  • 100% confusion rate from Chatter can make Chatot difficult to deal with
  • Takes on Defensive teams but can put in work against Offense.
Chatot struggles against offense due to its mediocre speed and incredible frailty. Just mention that it takes on defensive teams well
  • Horrible bulk
  • Relies on confusion to setup a lot of the time
  • Weak to Stealth Rock and bulky Rock-types in general
Mention that it faces competition from specs swellow, which doesnt hit as hard but has an incredible speed tier.

[SET]
name: Nasty Plot
move 1: Nasty Plot
move 4: Substitute / Encore

Change the set name to Substitute, switch sub and NP's positions, and slash encore behind Nasty Plot. This is mainly because Sub NP and Sub Encore are good sets, but NP Encore is not since chatot abuses sub incredibly well.

[SET COMMENT]
Moves
========

• Boomburst is extremely powerful and spammable and passes through subs
  • Chatter has a 100% chance of causing confusion and passes through subs aswell
  • Nasty Plot turns Chatot into a scary threat that can break anything that doesn't resist its STAB combination
  • Substitute allows Chatot to avoid status
  • Encore provides safer set up turns and deters pokemon from setting up on Chatot
Set Details
========
  • The EV spread maximises Chatots Special Attack and Speed
  • An odd HP number minimises Stealth Rock damage
  • Silk Scarf boosts the power of Boomburst but it avoids damage that it would take if it ran Life Orb
  • All of Chatots abilities are useless, but Tangled Feet takes advantage of rare encounters with confusion inducing moves
  • Maxmising speed allows Chatot to outspeed pokemon like Lilligant, Sawk and Vivillon
  • Leftovers can be used to recover HP as Chatot is too frail to run Roost

Usage Tips
========

• Use Chatot late-game when all of its checks and counters have been weakened because Chatot is very prone to being revenge killed
  • Chatot should be run with hazard support as it can lose HP very quickly with SR damage
  • Chatot has an easier time setting up on Pokemon that are trying to setup hazards or ones that have been confused by Chatter
The point about mons setting hazards is weird. Remove it and say it has an easier time setting up on mons that are paralyzed or confused.

Team Options
========

• Claydol is a good teammate for Chatot as Claydol spins hazards away, resists Rock-type moves and is immune to Electric-type moves, while Chatot is immune to Ghost-type moves and resists Grass- and Bug-type moves
Remove the point about chatots resistances because with its bulk, it cant even switch in on resisted attacks very well. Keep the immunity tho.
  • Probopass or can trap and beat Steel-types like Ferroseed if Chatot lacks Heat Wave, while being able to provide Thunder Wave support and slow Volt Switches
  • Magneton can also trap Steel-types, but lacks SR and a slow Volt Switch, while having better offensive stats
  • Lanturn can easily switch into Electric-types and handle pokemon like Rotom or Magneton
  • Sawk can break Rock-types and Steel-types that give Chatot trouble
  • Samurott can also break Rock-types and Steel-types while Chatot sets up on Ferroseed
  • Thunder Wave support allows Chatot to get past its mediocre speed tier and become extremely annoying with Paralysis + Confusion
Mention somewhere that VoltTurn is a good way to get chatot in. You mentioned it a bit, but it deserves its own point imo.

[SET]
name: Choice
move 1: Boomburst
move 2: Chatter
move 3: U-Turn
move 4: Heat Wave / Hidden Power Grass
item: Choice Specs / Choice Scarf

[SET COMMENT]
Moves
========
  • Boomburst will be Chatots most used move as it extremely powerful, breaking anything that doesn't resist it and hits through Substitute
  • Chatter is Flying-type STAB, hits Fighting- and Grass-types and has a 100% confusion rate and hits through subs
  • U-Turn can be used to switch out of Chatots check and counters and weakening them with hazard damage so Chatot can clean late-game
  • Heat Wave hits Steel-types like Ferroseed and Magneton
  • Hidden Power Grass hits pokemon like Rhydon and Carracosta for 4x damage, but Specs Boomburst puts a big dent into them anyway
Sleep Talk in moves for sure since if you predict right it can switch in and threaten out grass types. I wouldnt even be opposed to giving it a slash.

Set Details
========

• EV spread maximises Chatot special attack and speed and allows it to outspeed threats like Sawk, Lilligant and Vivillon
  • Odd HP number minimises SR damage
  • Choice Specs makes Chatot extremely difficult to switch into as non-resists are destroyed
  • Choice Scarf lets Chatot take on faster threats and fill in a role as a revenge killer or late-game cleaner
  • Scarf Chatter provides a 50% chance of a free turn, so it can work very well with setup sweepers, but this shouldn't be relied on

Usage Tips
========

• Choice Specs should be used for weakening and breaking Defensive cores
  • Choice Scarf should be used for revenge killing faster pokemon like Pyroar, Scarf Sawk, +1 Lilligant or Scyther
Remove scarf sawk.
  • U-Turn should be used for scouting and providing momentum
  • Choice Scarf should also be used for late-game sweeping when Chatots checks and counters are weakened or fainted
  • Boomburst is Chatots best move and can put a dent into the bulkiest of resists, use it sparingly when your opponent has Ghost-types however

Team Options
========

• Teammates like Sneasel or Liepard can pursuit trap Ghost-types that try to take advantage of Chatot locked into Boomburst
  • Claydol can spin Stealth Rock away which gives Chatot more opportunities to come in
  • Garbodor can setup Spikes which abuses Chatots ability to force switches
  • Magneton can trap Steel-types which can handle Chatots Boombursts
  • Thunder Wave support, especially with Specs, allows Chatot to become a really powerful Paralysis+Confusion abuser

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============

• Tailwind can be used to outspeed Chatots faster checks while providing support for its team
  • Agility can also be used for outspeeding checks
  • Heat Wave hits Steel types that resist Boomburst and Chatter
Taunt in OO

Checks & Counters
===================

**Rotom**: Rotom easily switches into any of Chatots moves and threatens it out and can use Volt Switch to pick up momentum

**Rock-Types**: Rock-types like Rhydon and Regirock can switch into Chatot fairly easily and force it out with STAB Rock Blast / Stone Edge

**Electric-Types**: Electric-types struggle at switching into Chatot, but they can all beat Chatot if they get in safely as all relevant ones bar Rotom outspeed.

**Soundproof**: Pokemon with the ability Soundproof, specifically Mr. Mime and Bouffalant are immune to Boomburst and Chatter as they are sound based moves and take little damage from its coverage moves

**Priority**: Priority from moves like Kangaskhan, Fletchinder, Swellow and Zangoose can OHKO Chatot or put a massive dent into it

**Specially Defensive Pokemon**: Pokemon like Mega Audino or Own Tempo Lickilicky have a high Special Defense stat, so they handle Chatots Boombursts

**Probopass**: 4x resists both STAB moves and takes little from Heat Wave
QC 2/3

Changes in Bold. Although I do want some other QC members to weigh in on giving Sleep Talk a slash on choice.

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Not sure if I'm going to stamp this since I don't have much experience with Chatot in ORAS, but here are some comments (in bold).
[OVERVIEW]

Chatot has a decent speed tier in NU, which allows it to outspeed threats such as Sawk, Lilligant and Vivillon and has access to being able to boost its decent Special Attack with Nasty Plot and has two excellent STAB moves available in Boomburst and Chatter. However, Chatot's horrible bulk means that it struggles against offensive teams, it relies on confusion from Chatter to set up a lot of the time, and it can be very easy to wear down as it is weak to Stealth Rock and takes a lot of damage from even resisted moves. Although Chatot has competition from Swellow as a Special Attacker due to the huge difference in speed tiers, Chatot can be one of the most annoying Pokemon in NU to face.

chatot's speed tier isnt really its most remarkable quality since its more or less one of its flaws, and shouldnt be first in the overview. talk about chatter and how it is a unique move to it as well as having a powerful secondary stab. the second clause of the last sentence is unnecesary and fluff, just fit somewhere in the overview how it faces competition from swellow.

[SET]
name: Substitute
move 1: Substitute
move 4: Nasty Plot / Encore

[SET COMMENT]
Moves
========

Boomburst is an extremely powerful STAB move which can bypass Substitutes, while Chatter has a 100% chance of causing confusion, and also bypassing Substitutes. Nasty Plot allows Chatot to boost its Special Attack to scary levels, where even bulky resists such as Rhydon and Carracosta don't like taking a hit. Substitute allows Chatot to abuse free turns created by Confusion from Chatter and gives it free opportunities to fire off very powerful Boombursts, while Encore can be used to provide safer set up turns, especially if a Pokemon is locked into non damaging moves.

make sure to list the moves on the paragraph in the order they are in on the set, so sub -> boomburst -> chatter -> np -> encore

Set Details
========

The EV spread maximises Chatot's speed and offensive capabilities, so it can outspeed threats such as Lilligant, Sawk, Zangoose, and Vivillon. Silk Scarf only boosts the power of Boomburst, but it doesn't have any recoil damage. Life Orb isn't recommended because it makes Chatot extremely easy to wear down, especially Substitute variants while Leftovers can be run for Chatot to recover additional HP, which can be very useful in free turns created by Chatter. All of Chatot's abilities are quite useless, but Tangled Feet is the best option in case you ever encounter Confusion inducing moves.

why do you say life orb is recommended and list it first when its not even slashed? talk about lefties then silk scarf and then lo.

Usage Tips
========

Chatot should be used late-game, when all of its checks and counters have been weakened to the point where Chatot can pick them off with a Boomburst or Chatter. Chatot is also very prone to being revenge killed by priority moves such as Fletchinder's Acrobatics and Kangaskhan's Fake Out + Sucker Punch. even fake out does a huge amount of damage, no need to mention sucker also bc it has sub to dodge that Chatot should be run with hazard removal as its Flying-type leaves it weak to Stealth Rock which really cuts Chatots longevity. Chatot has an easy time setting up on Pokemon that have been Confused or Paralyzed, as it can abuse free turns very easily.

talk about how chatot gets in to battle, and obviously it shouldnt switch in on anything so make that clear.

Team Options
========

Claydol is a good teammate for Chatot as it can use Rapid Spin to remove Stealth Rock, it resists Rock-type moves and is immune to Electric-type moves, while Chatot is immune to Ghost-type moves. Probopass can trap and handle Steel-types that can give Chatot trouble such as Ferroseed and Mawile lacking Baton Pass. Magneton can also trap Steel-types, but is much frailer than Probopass, can't fit Thunder Wave on its moveset, can't learn Stealth Rock [the fact that magnets cant fit twave on its moveset or learn rocks is arbitrary and pointless, just say why something is a good partner no need to specifically differentiate it from other teammates], and it doesn't have such a slow Volt Switch, which means getting Chatot in by Volt Switching can be very risky. Lanturn can switch in on Electric-types quite easily and handles Pokemon that can beat Chatot, especially Magneton and Rotom. Sawk can break Rock- and Steel-type Pokemon such as Rhydon and Probopass, which resist Chatot's STAB moves, with its high powered Fighting-type STAB moves. Samurott can also break past Rock- and Steel-types, while Chatot sets up on Ferroseed [eh, it really only sets up on ferro lacking gyro ball so make that clear although it can potentially set up on ferro with gyro by encoring it into something but thats pretty risky]. Thunder Wave support is amazing for Chatot as it can get over its mediocre speed tier and become extremely annoying with the combination of Paralysis and Confusion and teammates that can provide a slow U-Turn, Volt Switch or Baton Pass are very useful as Chatot wants to come in for free, taking minimal damage a lot of the time. what mons fit this role of spreading paralysis?

[SET]
name: Choice
move 1: Boomburst
move 2: Chatter
move 3: U-Turn
move 4: Heat Wave / Hidden Power Grass
item: Choice Specs / Choice Scarf

[SET COMMENT]
Moves
========

Boomburst is an extremely powerful STAB move and puts a huge dent into anything that doesn't resist it and bypasses Substitutes. Chatter is Flying-type STAB and has a 100% chance of causing Confusion, while also bypassing Substitutes. U-Turn should be used to [talking about how it should be used goes in usage tips, say here exactly what it does] switch out of Chatots checks and counters, picking up damage with hazards and weakening them to the point where Chatot can clean up late-game. Heat Wave hits Steel-types such as Ferroseed, Magneton, and Mawile while Hidden Power Grass hits Rock-types such as Rhydon and Carracosta and Sleep Talk can be used to punish Grass-types that can put Chatot to sleep with Sleep Powder. more of a gp thing but split up the last sentence into 2 or 3 because its pretty run on atm

Set Details
========

Maximising Speed allows Chatot to outspeed threats like Sawk, Lilligant, Zangoose, and Vivillon and OHKO them with the appropriate STAB move. Choice Specs turns Chatot into a scary wallbreaker as it becomes very difficult to switch into and it just destroys non-resists, while Choice Scarf allows Chatot to take on faster threats and fill in a role as a revenge killer or late-game cleaner.

Usage Tips
========

Choice Specs should be used [youre using the pokemon not the item; I get what you're trying to say but its better worded like "the choice specs set should be used like this"] to wear down defensive cores with very high powered Boombursts and Chatters, while Choice Scarf should be used to take on threats such as Pyroar, Lilligant after a Quiver Dance, Scyther, and Tauros, while being able to sweep late game when its checks and counters have been severly weakened.[again, split up this sentence pls] U-Turn should be used to scout and provide momentum against Chatots checks and counters. Boomburst is Chatots best move, but it should be used sparingly if your opponent has a Ghost-type, as they can set up on Chatot locked into Boomburst.

Team Options
========

Teammates such as Sneasel and Liepard can Pursuit trap Ghost-types that try to take advantage of Chatot locked into Boomburst, while Claydol can spin Stealth Rock away, giving Chatot more opportunities to come in. Garbodor can set up Spikes and Toxic Spikes which abuses Chatots ability to force switches, picking up a lot of residual damage on your opponents team. Magneton and Probopass can trap Steel-types that can take Chatots Boombursts and Thunder Wave support, especially with Choice Specs, allow Chatot to become an extremely powerful wallbreaker, capable of creating many free turns due to Paralysis and Confusion.
[empty line here]
[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============

Tailwind and Agility allows Chatot to outspeed its faster checks such as Pyroar, Tauros and Sneasel, but Tailwind can support Chatots team, while Agility lasts until Chatot switches out. Heat Wave can be used on the Substitute set for extra coverage, but this means losing Substitute or Encore / Nasty Plot. Chatot can use Taunt, but its horrible bulk makes it a high risk move.

Checks & Counters
===================

**Rotom**: Rotom can easily switch into Chatots moves as it is immune to Boomburst and resists Chatter and forces it out with its powerful Electric-type STAB.

**Rock-types**: Rock-types like Rhydon and Regirock can switch into Chatots easily and force it out with STAB Rock-type moves. note that rhydon takes a lot from specs hp grass

**Electric-types**: A lot of Electric-types struggle at switching into Chatot, but they can all beat Chatot if they get in safely as all relevant ones outside of Rotom outspeed. combine rotom and electric types, just give rotom its own sentence and talk about why it checks chatot more effectively than other electric types. atm this section seems pointless since there's no examples

**Soundproof**: Pokemon with the ability Soundproof, specifically Mr. Mime and Bouffalant are immune to Boomburst and Chatter as they are sound based moves they both take little damage from its coverage moves. really iffy on this section since soundproof is bad on bouffalant and I'm pretty sure filter is better on mime

**Priority**: Priority from Pokemon like Kangaskhan, Fletchinder, Swellow, and Zangoose can OHKO Chatot or put a massive dent into it

**Specially defensive Pokemon**: Pokemon like Mega Audino or Own Tempo Lickilicky have a high Special Defense stat, so they handle Chatots Boombursts and Lickilicky doesn't care about Chatter.

**Probopass**: Probopass has fantastic bulk and it's typing allows it to come in on Chatot, taking minimal damage since it 4x resists both of Chatots STAB moves and takes very little damage from its coverage moves.merge this with rock types

Don't call its Speed mediocre in the Overview. It's definitely not amazing with how common Sneasel, Tauros, Archeops, Scyther, Pyroar etc. etc. are, but like you mentioned, it's good enough to outrun important shit like Lilligant and Sawk.

Under Moves, you mention that Encore gives Chatot free setup turns, but it is slashed with Nasty Plot, which means it can only set up a Substitute. Just say that it allows it to get up a free Substitute. You should also mention that Substitute allows Chatot to take on its offensive checks much better.

In Usage Tips, don't say anything about running hazard removal with it. That information should only be stated in Team Options.

Cut the Probopass support part from Team Options. "Mawile lacking Baton Pass" means offensive Mawile, which means that Probopass cannot safely trap it because it has a chance to get 2HKO'd by Life Orb Sheer Force Iron Head. Most Ferroseed are also setup fodder, so that doesn't really matter either.

QC Rejecting the Choice set. I actually think Scarf/Specs Chatot is just outright outclassed by Specs Swellow, which hits harder than Scarf, is faster than Specs, and has Scrappy for Ghost-types. The only actual niche it has is Scarf Chatter, which isn't exactly a useful niche.

In Other Options, mention that Heat Wave isn't very good because the only Steel-type that it beats that Chatot doesn't already do well against is Klinklang.
252 SpA Chatot Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Mawile: 145-171 (47.6 - 56.2%) -- 85.9% chance to 2HKO

Unless QC disagrees with me on the Choice set, I'm happy with this. Consider it approved after these changes and after QC comes to a decision on the Choice set.

p2

Banned deucer.
Don't call its Speed mediocre in the Overview. It's definitely not amazing with how common Sneasel, Tauros, Archeops, Scyther, Pyroar etc. etc. are, but like you mentioned, it's good enough to outrun important shit like Lilligant and Sawk.

Under Moves, you mention that Encore gives Chatot free setup turns, but it is slashed with Nasty Plot, which means it can only set up a Substitute. Just say that it allows it to get up a free Substitute. You should also mention that Substitute allows Chatot to take on its offensive checks much better.

In Usage Tips, don't say anything about running hazard removal with it. That information should only be stated in Team Options.

Cut the Probopass support part from Team Options. "Mawile lacking Baton Pass" means offensive Mawile, which means that Probopass cannot safely trap it because it has a chance to get 2HKO'd by Life Orb Sheer Force Iron Head. Most Ferroseed are also setup fodder, so that doesn't really matter either.

QC Rejecting the Choice set. I actually think Scarf/Specs Chatot is just outright outclassed by Specs Swellow, which hits harder than Scarf, is faster than Specs, and has Scrappy for Ghost-types. The only actual niche it has is Scarf Chatter, which isn't exactly a useful niche.

In Other Options, mention that Heat Wave isn't very good because the only Steel-type that it beats that Chatot doesn't already do well against is Klinklang.
252 SpA Chatot Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Mawile: 145-171 (47.6 - 56.2%) -- 85.9% chance to 2HKO

Unless QC disagrees with me on the Choice set, I'm happy with this. Consider it approved after these changes and after QC comes to a decision on the Choice set.
done all this, changed the mediocre speed tier to a speed tier "considered unimpressive", though I can't seem to hit the nail on the head with this, but I think it sounds much better than "mediocre"

If QC rejects the Choice set will I just move it into OO?

CanadianWifier

Run Away With Me
I certainly wouldn't consider it's speed tier "unimpressive" either, lol

just say "average"? it's nothing special for an offensive pokemon, but it sure as fuck gets the job done.

edit: agreeing with holly about choice chatot being shit, but im not qc so it doesnt really matter :heart:

p2

Banned deucer.
I certainly wouldn't consider it's speed tier "unimpressive" either, lol

just say "average"? it's nothing special for an offensive pokemon, but it sure as fuck gets the job done.

edit: agreeing with holly about choice chatot being shit, but im not qc so it doesnt really matter :heart:
ok, average sounds good enough, i'll use that
yea OO is good for it imo
done

Assuming that's 3/3 now, I'll get this ready for GP

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)