NOC Fallout New Vegas NOC [GAME OVER - Wastelanders Win]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
In the end, we're going to have to lynch sunny at some point anyway because he's not contributing. Spiffy has given us a mislynch by being a BPV, so we should use this mislynch to get rid of the most useless player so far, who I also think could be scum. It's low risk, possibly high reward. Fate has been contributing elsewhere.

It's announcement time once again!

Announcer said:
Dear Fatecrashers,

you are Tabitha.

“No self-respecting soldier of Utobitha should ever be seen running like a scared little human.”

You are a nightkin, leading the State of Utobitha from the top of Black Mountain, an irradiated mountain right in the middle of the Mojave Desert. The mountain serves as the broadcasting station for Black Mountain Radio, which you host alongside Rhonda, a disabled Mr. Handy robot that you consider your best friend. Years of stealth boy abuse haven’t treated you well, leading to severe schizophrenia, like most other nightkin.

You are a Wastelander Broadcaster. Every day and night, you may send a PM to the hosts, titled “Day X / Night X - Broadcast <Message> to the Mojave’’. In this PM, you may write a message that will be posted in the game thread by one of the hosts. You may do this once every day, and once every night. It will not be announced who broadcasted the message.

You are allied with the Wastelanders. You win if the Wastelanders eliminate Caesar’s Legion or if nothing can prevent the same.

Now playing: Nadia Ali, Starkillers & Alex Kenji - Pressure (Alesso Edit)

Carry on.

...And the unluckiest player in this game dies by his own town members. Yaaaayy!!!

Here's my role pm.

Dear Norden sunny004,

you are Lily Bowen.

“What’s the matter, dearie? Afraid that grandma will embarrass you in front of your little friends?”

When the war struck, you were lucky enough to live in one of the vaults meant to protect humanity from the nukes - until you were dipped in vats of Forced Evolutionary Virus when Super Mutants broke into the vault, causing your mutation into the hideous creature you are now. Years of Stealth Boy abuse leave you as you are right now, a schizophrenic, elderly nightkin. You may have some holes in your memory and the occasional psychotic episode, but over the years, your strength hasn’t suffered one bit.

You are a Vanilla Wastelander. You have no night action.

You are allied with the Wastelanders. You win if the Wastelanders eliminate Caesar’s Legion or if nothing can prevent the same.
Go ahead and lynch me I guess. The other primary lynch target just cleaned himself, and I can't do shit to prove myself outside of an inspector claim (Which I wouldn't recommend)

I don't really know anyone else to suggest as a lynch target; scum has done a pretty good job of hiding themselves.

If you want me to explain how I'm unlucky:

-As soon as I subbed in life happened and I had no time to contribute
-My role is bad and won't let me contribute in any meaningful way
-I was going to say something else but yeah.

Gale and I have decided on a 12-hour deadline extension to allow for a bit more discussion, and to allow more people to vote; this way, the Americans among us should have all day to come to a lynch.

Deadline is May 22nd, 8AM GMT+2 (CET Summer Time).

Not entirely sure I'll be up in time to update tomorrow; if I'm not, Gale will probably do it. If he's not around either, all votes made after deadline will not count and we will update as soon as we have the chance.

Sorry for the inactivity, had exams this week. I don't have any great ideas in terms of who is mafia at this point, but my top two preferences would be Amianki or Jalmont. I'll probably Vote Amianki but I'll be around to change if necessary.

I'm ok with an Amianki lynch but I feel like just because someone claims doesn't mean they are cleaned. It would be really weird for scum to not have safeclaims in a flavor heavy game like this one, and I wouldn't be surprised if the hosts helped them construct fakes. So just because someone like sunny posts his role PM doesn't mean people should just go "ok sunny is no longer an option" especially when he claims vanilla which can't really be proven.

On another note, More Cowbell I honestly feel like the game shouldn't continue until there's a sub for Serious Bananas because it's pretty unfair to have an inactive slot going into Night 3/Day 4.

Doesn't really change the fact that we're still kind of at a loss for any kind of educated lynch decision. Maybe the fact that the mafia are blended in is because the rest of the mafia is somewhat inactive. But I don't know if that's really the case. And the HD lynch really is giving us nothing because of the weird way he just gave up on his team.

DAY 3 UPDATE

Final votecount:

Amianki (4): Spiffy, Jalmont, ButteredToast, Mithril

sunny004 (3): Serious Bananas, Celever, Fatecrashers

In a last minute upset, the unloved person in the Mojave Desert today is not 'sunny004' but it is 'Amianki'.
However, did the Wastelanders make a better choice this time again? Or did they send one of their own to the chopping blocks?

Lets see ... hmm ... what is this in Amianki's right jacket pocket? A letter?
Dear Amianki,

you are the Courier.

“You’re playing the hand you’ve been dealt, but you don’t let it rest, you shuffle and stack, and a gamble… a gamble that may pay off? But how?”
  • The Forecaster on the Courier

Your past remains largely unknown - not only to others, but to you as well. The past doesn’t matter, however, because what matters is what happens now. You are the Courier, and when you set your mind to things, you get things done. However, the delivery of a mysterious Platinum Chip proves more challenging than previous jobs. Suddenly you find yourself caught up in a conflict spanning all of the Mojave Desert, as the Wastelanders and Caesar’s Legion are set to clash. Who you side with is entirely up to you.

You are the Courier. You have no night action, except for Night 0. On Night 0, you must send a PM to the hosts titled “Night 0 - Side with <FACTION>”, with <FACTION> being either the Wastelanders, the Legion, or neither. This choice will decide how the rest of the game will play out for you.

Should you choose to side with the Wastelanders, your win condition will become “You are allied with the Wastelanders. You win if the Wastelanders eliminate Caesar’s Legion or if nothing can prevent the same.”

Should you choose to side with the Legion, your win condition will become “You are allied with Caesar’s Legion. You win when the Legion eliminates the Wastelanders, or if nothing can prevent the same.” Siding with the Legion will not reveal its members, and you will not be able to discuss anything with them outside of the game thread.

Should you choose to remain Neutral, your win condition will become “You are the Wild Card. You win when <SNIP> are dead.” In order to fulfill your win condition, you must have voted for <SNIP> on the day they are lynched - if you fail to do so, <SNIP>, you will receive a new Wastelander-aligned target that you need to lynch. If you remain Neutral, you may send a PM to the hosts at night, titled “Night X - Check if <USER> is an enemy”. Doing so will tell you whether or not you need the targeted person dead. You may use this action up to three times in the game.

Regardless of who you side with, you must be alive to win the game. Some players’ night actions will act somewhat differently based on the alliance you chose. If you are Neutral and win the game, the game will still continue.
Looks like the Wastelanders have sent an intriguing personality to the chopping blocks today!
What will they learn from the dead corpse of the courier? Will they learn something that would lead them to the Caesar's Legion? Or would they suspect each other yet again?

Meanwhile, in a far off fort, the Caesar’s Legion come to hear of the Courier's fall, and are surprised themselves. Would this ease their task ahead? Or did they merge too well among the ranks of the Wastelanders, for their own good?

Stay tuned, as the Mojave Desert has suddenly sprung into life. And anything can happen, now that the courier has fallen.

This post marks the beginning of Night 3. Night 3 will last until the 24th of May, 8PM GMT+2 (CET Summer Time), or 48 hours from this post (may be earlier depending on actions). Please get in your actions before that point.

Note: Update to the OP, Thread Title and a few other details would be done when MC wakes up.

Little addition to Gale's update: moi chose to remain Neutral as Courier (Wild Card), which Amianki then had no other choice but to continue.

On another note, More Cowbell I honestly feel like the game shouldn't continue until there's a sub for Serious Bananas because it's pretty unfair to have an inactive slot going into Night 3/Day 4.
I'm aware of how troublesome this is, but fact of the matter is that there's basically no one who wants to sub into a 45-page long game. All people who originally signed up as subs have become unavailable as well, so that's not gonna work either, and I'm afraid that putting the game on hold until we find a sub will be the death of the game, as subs are hard to come by and waiting I don't know how long for a sub will cause others to lose interest, so we need more subs, etc.

Anyone willing to discuss the sub situation in this thread is welcome to do so, posting anything else regarding the game will get you godkilled (if you have any questions, ask them in your role PM, please).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)