ORAS OU Ayahuasca

Hey guys. Today I'm writing my first RMT and bringing to you what might be the most consistent team I have made, even though I've built a ton so I guess you can't really know. A little bit of backstory behind it, I guess: I had to make a team for my OUPL debut, the first team tournament I am involved in, which I want to get good results in in order to prove myself. So I was matched up against daftmau5, a really potent opponent who, from what I saw in his replays, uses balanced offense type of builds I guess, mostly life orb threats like Gatr and Alakazam packing good coverage and speed supported by spikes. So with my very good friend ArchPhantom I noticed that he was pretty weak to Mega-Scizor, which is a mon I really like to use. At first we wanted to build something around Toxic Spikes + Mega-Scizor as a lot of checks to the bug are grounded nowadays (Keldeo and Rocky Helmet Garchomp being the main ones, especially on what might be the most common archetype in the metagame right now, bulky offense), but we came to the realization that due to the limited utility (whether defensive or offensive) offered by the viable TSpikers in the OU metagame, we would end up being weak to threat y or sweeper z. Moreover, after having built a couple of standard fat balance teams, I lost pretty badly to my teammate Ox the Fox while testing. After destroying me a couple times he told me to use balance breakers because that makes the team less passive etc etc, basically build a team that doesn't give away momentum like the previous ones did. I immediately noticed the ability Kyurem has to annoy these bulky offensive teams that it can wreak havoc on if it comes in on one of the pivots they use (think helmet chomp). The ice legendary also allows me to check a couple of threats I usually was very weak to, like DD Feraligatr and LO Starmie. From then on it was teambuilding process:

-

The first partner added was Tornadus-Therian. I actually think it really came instinctively without much thought, but I'll go through some reasoning nonetheless. Keldeo is one of the prime revenge killers to Kyurem-B, so is Latios, and Torn-T is a really good check to the former, and can pivot on the latter. Its ability to remove leftovers and chip away at switchins to my Kyurem is really appreciated (think Clefable, Heatran, Rotom-W) is obviously great. The momentum it provides is really important, it allows to get Kyurem in on mons such as Hippowdon to start putting in work.

-
-

The first two mons are heavily threatened by Mega-Metagross and Diancie, while not really being able to break Clefable. Scizor checks all of these, considering that a lot of Clefables forgo fire coverage nowadays and for good reason, and it can counter non-HP Fire Diancie variants, as well as soft check HP Fire ones. It is needed to set up on things like Klefki which are annoying as all hell for the first two members because it can either cripple them with Thunder wave or cripple the whole team setting up spikes. Overall an amazing pivot while also a very threatening, long-lasting setup sweeper.

-
-
-

Starmie acts as a reliable spinner, and a Heatran check which, as you will see, is clearly the hugest threat to the first three components of the team. Having another Keldeo switchin is pretty important. A spinner which doesn't fear anything from Skarmory is pretty good because SDef Skarmory gets at least one guaranteed layer on every mon I'm packing as of now. Starmie's presence on the team isn't without opening a weakness to wallbreakers like Kyurem-B or Thundurus and also more passsive but just as annoying ones like Clefable.

-
-
-
-

The .standard mixed defensive Hippowdon is needed here to reliably take on sand, check a ton of shit like Lopunny, Bisharp and Charizard-X, and get up stealth rock numerous times. We all are well aware of what this thing does by now. Not much to say, other than at this point the team was pretty weak to a couple of things like ZardY, and the stealth rock being constantly spun away by bulky starmies really doesn't ease the matchup against opposing balanced builds.

-
-
-
-
-

Well you might be wondering why I added Clefable in the last slot, when I just stated that Charizard-Y is a huge threat to that team. The thing is, this is ORAS, and you need to play very well around what you're weak to to avoid getting completely plowed through. So I thought I'd rather choose Clefable to provide a secondary win-condition that can outlast all of its checks and beat things like Sableye Stall which balance is naturally weak to, and as you will see the utility it can provide is absolutely crucial to the structure of the team as a whole.

On to the sets !

Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Rash Nature/Naive Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 30 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Fusion Bolt
- Roost

Ice Beam and Fusion Bolt are staples. Roost is used over valuable coverage like Earth Power or Iron Head (would hit Heatran + Rotom and Clefable respectively) because I'm pretty reliant on this thing to break defensive cores in a proactive way, and also the fact that Kyurem-B is whittled by any form of residual damage insanely quickly only makes it appreciate Roost more. I chose to use HP fire because Ferrothorn and Scizor are actually huge pains to deal with; the first one getting ohkoed by stab + fire coverage makes the whole hazard game much easier and only makes a clefable sweep more likely. Luring Scizor helps Clefable once again, and it is very important since I have no form of actual counter to that bug. Max speed is used to outspace jolly Mega-Gyarados which is really important to that team. Rash over Mild due to the fact that things like non-Superpower Gatr are taken on by this, so the physical defense is valued more than its special counterpart.

Tornadus-Therian (M) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 76 HP / 180 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Heat Wave

While Landorus-I stays in the metagame, it is obviously very important to maximize the odds of not getting your team completely dismantled by the genie. A threat that is getting pretty common as well and which this mon is very important in stopping is Serperior. Knock off getting rid of the recovery of Heatran is crucial as previously mentioned, and Heat Wave is used because I find luring Skarmorys and Klefkis really beneficial to open up the way for Scizor or Kyurem. Max speed to tie with opposing Tornadus-Ts and because LO Alakazam is getting popular and you can not really have enough insurance against that thing. The rest of the EVs are meant to have a decent chance to live a +3 timid manaphy ice beam while hitting it hard enough to make it less of a pain to deal with by the rest of the squad if it happens to kill Tornadus.

Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 84 Def / 164 SpD / 4 Spe
Careful Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- U-Turn
- Roost

SD + U-Turn Mega Scizor is a favourite set of mine because you can use it against opposing balance teams to pivot into things like Metagross, and use U-Turn to keep momentum on your side if you don't feel good about the opponent sending in a threat for free on a predicted recovery/resisted move. You can then proceed to heal on a weak and slow attacker like Hippowdon or Klefki late game, and if possible/needed set up Swords Dances, transforming into a potent wincon once resistances to priority Bullet Punch have gotten weakened. The spread enables it to live a +2 adamant bisharp Sucker Punch, while taking 50.1% maximum from a LO Thundy Thunderbolt, allowing to just roost stall it if it isn't a Nasty Plot or a Taunt variant. Careful nature also enables you to live HP Fire from Latios or Diancie, really easing the prediction and late game executions when the situation gets tense.

Starmie @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Thunderbolt/Reflect Type
- Recover
- Rapid Spin

Defensive Tbolt Starmie. Once again the advice of ox the fox comes in super handy right here because I was looking really Mega Gyara weak with double stabs Starmie, and running Tbolt as he suggested me still hits Keldeo for a 2HKO and you beat subcm variants anyway, while you force Gyara to kill you without getting a substitute up, which makes it easier to deal with by one of Scizor, Starmie or Kyurem-B later on. Other than that, Starmie acts pretty independantly of the team, it's just good for safe switching into Heatran, it just comes in on weaker attackers and blows rocks away to help the team's switching around. Quite straightforward.

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 192 Def / 64 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Slack Off

Blanket check right here. It gets a lot of usage in OU for a good reason and my team is no exception, having a reliable switch-in to LO adamant Excadrill, to Charizard-X, to Bisharp and a way to pressure Will-o-Wisp Talonflame is obviously really good. The HP evs allow to always switch into LO Excadrill with rocks up if at full. It should be kept in mind that a lot of teams, especially more offensive ones which traditionally have quite some problem getting past Hipppowdon, are now built to power through Hippowdon with boosting moves or things like taunt and status, so a bit of smart playing is needed to keep this thing in good shape constantly. Stone Edge fits better than Toxic or Whirlwind because of Talonflame and Pinsir I guess.

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 88 SpD / 8 Spe
Calm Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Thunder Wave/Encore
- Soft-Boiled

Clefable is a very interesting case on my team. Its EV'd to be able to switch into LO Thundurus and it also takes things like Specs Keldeo Scalds a well as being another check to Kyurem-Black. It is able to live one Landorus-I modest Sludge Wave if you feel like it is really needed. While I'm running its trademark Calm Mind set, the last move is something I'm really unsure about. On one hand, Thunder Wave is a great option to help against Charizard-Y, Talonflame and Tornadus-T staying in to Knock Off. On the other hand, if you're fine with being 6-0ed by the very few Charizard-Ys there are today, you can run encore and completely take by surprise teams reliant on boosting sweepers like SD Gliscor, TG Manaphy, QD Volcarona, SD Talonflame, SD Scizor and others to break Clefable. It truly is a really good move and fits this team, however it means it is ultimately more matchup-based because it loses to some threats flat out, smart playing or not. Ths is why Thunder Wave is slashed first.

Maybe the biggest threat, i have no safe switchin, my best bets will be pivoting between tornadus-t, and try to get a thunder wave off on it with clefable early.
Much like above, Hippowdon can't even switch into adamant variants with rocks down. For that reason, feel free to tweak its EV spread and give it more defense.
While I have one of the best non-momentum losing checks, I can see rock slide variants plowing straight through easily.
Sableye teams will have the hazard matchuo against me, which is one of the most crucial element in balance vs. balance matchups.
Broken Manaphy is broken and this balance team is no exception; this is quite a threat as well.

ArchPhantom Man you fucking own, I've grown much better as a battler since we first built and talked together (BD ches / diancie / gothitelle / hippo / scarf latias / skarmory it was iirc). Keep being awesome, wish you all the best in real life and hope we continue chatting daily and enjoying mons :]
ThePack Cool and funny as hell period. Keep building teams fren
Bluwing you taught me the ropes and I frst got decent at mons because of you, hopefully I can keep improving having cm wars against you
cosine180 very tough battler to face, always enjoy playing you especially if I bring scarf rachi. All the best in ST playoffs.
Lord Rhodes nice irl friend!
Ox the Fox we don't talk that much but you definitely helped better the team as I was making it and you're really good as well.
JohnYiu amazing friend to talk to, always funny and creative
praj.pran your avatar as well as the plays you make are super strong
Reymedy and all the french people I got to know some of you form a really nice community
Alkov chill person, I wish you to get good at battle factory and get good results in your future tournaments
shartruce2 is a dope manager, and he managed to turn the charmanders into a force to be reckoned with

Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
Naive Nature
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Fusion Bolt
- Roost

Tornadus-Therian (M) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 76 HP / 180 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Heat Wave

Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 4 Atk / 84 Def / 164 SpD / 8 Spe
Careful Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- U-Turn
- Roost

Starmie @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Thunderbolt
- Recover
- Rapid Spin

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Slack Off

Clefable @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 164 Def / 84 SpD / 8 Spe
Calm Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Thunder Wave
- Soft-Boiled

Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
Hasty Nature
IVs: 29 HP
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Fusion Bolt
- Roost

Talonflame @ Leftovers
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 248 HP / 24 Atk / 184 SpD / 52 Spe
Careful Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Brave Bird
- Taunt
- Roost

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 248 HP / 4 Atk / 84 Def / 164 SpD / 8 Spe
Careful Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Roost

Starmie @ Leftovers
EVs: 236 HP / 20 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Recover
- Rapid Spin

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 192 Def / 56 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Slack Off

Clefable @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 15 Spe
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Thunder Wave
- Soft-Boiled

Overall I've gotten very good results with this team, winning my OUPL game and defeating some very tough battlers such as Bluwing, Reymedy and others. I would like to know if you guys could improve it, and fix some of the weaknesses I mentioned or some I may have forgotten while writing.

SDef Talonflame > Tornadus-T by Tom Bus
Latias > Starmie by ArchPhantom
Reflect Type > Thunderbolt on Starmie by Leftiez
Naive > Rash Kyurem-Black by daftmau5
EVs: 252 HP / 192 Def / 64 SpD on Hippowdon by daftmau5

Last edited:
Hi GeeMick. The main thing I noticed is that you're weak to Charizard Y. You could possibly fix this by replacing Tornadus-T with a specially defensive Talonflame, which retains your ability to handle Serperior and lets you spread will-o-wisp. You could also use the standard 96+ specially defensive Clefable spread to have a more reliable Kyurem-B switch in (considering that you already have Hippowdon to counter mega Lopunny), although mega Scizor beats non-HP fire variants. Nice team :].

I think I agree with giving the Clefable a little bit more special defense, and I also feel like I need Torn-T to have a better chance against Lando-I and Manaphy. Thanks for the input man.

Hey fren n_n

This is a lordsquad. First I want to say that you're not only an amazing battler and player, but you're also an awesome person. If anything, I've gotten better thanks to building squads and testin w/ u, g; you come up with the coolest of builds and cores while still being creative. Your shout out humbles me bro, means a lot *.*

Ok now for the rate. Hmm, looking at a way to mitigate the brokenaphy and Zard Y issue, would you be willing to run .Lati over Starmie? Means less weak to Zard and Manaphy but more weak to Heatran I suppose. Not too sure on the set, but I'll come up with something if you're all for Lati.

Last edited:
maybe reflect type + psyshock could work, that'd be a passive as hell way to beat heatran so I'm not sure I'm too keen on that but it is an option.

Last edited:
I don't understand why would you go HP Fire over Earth Power when Ice Beam has a chance to 2HKO Ferro. Also Scizor could OHKO you with BP if you've had SR+LO recoil. I mean you have Heat Wave on Tornadus. Didn't you miss EP at all?

I don't understand why would you go HP Fire over Earth Power when Ice Beam has a chance to 2HKO Ferro. Also Scizor could OHKO you with BP if you've had SR+LO recoil. I mean you have Heat Wave on Tornadus. Didn't you miss EP at all?
Hidden Power Fire provides solid answer against Scizor as it can be dangerous here.
However that's a solid team overall GeeMick, i really like it and i can't really find proper weakness, nonetheless i can give you a tips that can make it better for you i guess.

As you can see your team lack of solid fire check especially against Charizard-Y which can just make a kill everytime it get in, i agree that thunder-wave on clefable is a cool idea as it can lure Charizard and provides solid momentum but seeing how your team is slow and lack of solid offensive pressure i wouldn't really count on that, well i wont brother with a Latias as it will make you weaker to Heatran and also bulky ground, but i'd suggest to swap Thunderbolt with Reflect Type on Starmie coupled with this spread => EVs: 248 HP / 36 SpD / 224 Spe Timid Nature, This isn't best answer but it's my best one in addition to not hurt the team in term of efficiency, Reflect Type allows you to keep momentum against Charizard-Y as you can now take all of its most commons offensive moves and use recover until Sun is gone to hit it, Ev's spread provides solid bulk and allows it to check special offensive moves as much as possible, then speed allows Starmie to hit 354 speed which is enough to outspeed Thundurus, you don't really need to outspeed Serperior since you can't hit it effectively anyway and Clefable plus Tornadus-T can deal with Keldeo as well.

I hope i helped and good luck with your team.

Last edited:
While I have been missing Earth Power on some situations, namely against Heatran and Rotom-W, the OHKO on Scizor is much more important because of the fact I can not let it set up at all otherwise it just straight up wins. My mindset is that I'd rather have trouble taking down a couple of mons that are whittled quickly by repeated attacks and hazards among other things than being immensely weak to a defensive behemoth with recovery like Mega-Scizor.

Hidden Power Fire provides solid answer against Scizor as it can be dangerous here.
However that's a solid team overall GeeMick, i really like it and i can't really find proper weakness, nonetheless i can give you a tips that can make it better for you i guess.

As you can see your team lack of solid fire check especially against Charizard-Y which can just make a kill everytime it get in, i agree that thunder-wave on clefable is a cool idea as it can lure Charizard and provides solid momentum but seeing how your team is slow and lack of solid offensive pressure i wouldn't really count on that, well i wont brother with a Latias as it will make you weaker to Heatran and also bulky ground, but i'd suggest to swap Thunderbolt with Reflect Type on Starmie coupled with this spread => EVs: 248 HP / 36 SpD / 224 Spe Timid Nature, This isn't best answer but it's my best one in addition to not hurt the team in term of efficiency, Reflect Type allows you to keep momentum against Charizard-Y as you can now take all of its most commons offensive moves and use recover until Sun is gone to hit it, Ev's spread provides solid bulk and allows it to check special offensive moves as much as possible, then speed allows Starmie to hit 354 speed which is enough to outspeed Thundurus, you don't really need to outspeed Serperior since you can't hit it effectively anyway and Clefable plus Tornadus-T can deal with Keldeo as well.

I hope i helped and good luck with your team.
Hey Leftiez thanks for the thorough rate! I'll make sure to try out this suggested change on Starmie. I can also see this helping outside of ZardY scenarios (Lum Bisharp, ScarfTar desperate of trapping Starmie). I'll come
back to you with the results of this change.

I think I agree with giving the Clefable a little bit more special defense, and I also feel like I need Torn-T to have a better chance against Lando-I and Manaphy. Thanks for the input man.
Nice team!

I think a +Spe nature on Kyub and speed creep might potentially help out with Manaphy (which doesn't usually run max spe, often 72-96HP of random bulk) so you can smack it with LO Fusion bolt (Shout out Tom Bus for the great idea). It also helps out with Zard Y since they often run Modest which lets you outspeed and OHKO with Fusion Bolt.
  • 0 Atk Life Orb Teravolt Kyurem-B Fusion Bolt vs. 96 HP / 0 Def Manaphy: 296-351 (81 - 96.1%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
  • 0 Atk Life Orb Teravolt Kyurem-B Fusion Bolt vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Charizard Y: 364-429 (122.5 - 144.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
I would also run more phys def on Hippowdon to ease your weakness to Mega Pinsir (which i briefly considered bringing :[ lol ). You have a good chance to get swept at +2 since Starmie's Tbolt and Mega Scizor's BP does not 2HKO Pinsir. It can put you in an awkward position where it threatens the KO on a <70% HP Clef and presents two scenarios:
  • You can stay in and Twave and lose Clef to Return when you needed Clef to check something else on their team such as an opposing CM Flamethrower Clef.
  • You switch out, Pinsir SDs and you lose.
  • +2 252 Atk Aerilate Mega Pinsir Return vs. 252 HP / 80+ Def Hippowdon: 364-429 (86.6 - 102.1%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
  • +2 252 Atk Aerilate Mega Pinsir Return vs. 252 HP / 192+ Def Hippowdon: 331-391 (78.8 - 93%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
  • +2 252 Atk Aerilate Mega Pinsir Return vs. 252 HP / 144+ Def Hippowdon: 346-408 (82.3 - 97.1%) -- 25% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
  • +2 252 Atk Aerilate Mega Pinsir Quick Attack vs. 76 HP / 0 Def Tornadus-T: 234-276 (73.5 - 86.7%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

• 8 Atk Technician Mega Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mega Pinsir: 79-94 (29.1 - 34.6%) -- 7.4% chance to 3HKO
  • 0 SpA Starmie Thunderbolt vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Mega Pinsir: 142-168 (52.3 - 61.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
Naive Nature
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Fusion Bolt
- Roost

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock
- Slack Off

Last edited:
Nice team!

I think a +Spe nature on Kyub and speed creep might potentially help out with Manaphy (which doesn't usually run max spe, often 72-96HP of random bulk) so you can smack it with LO Fusion bolt (Shout out Tom Bus for the great idea). It also helps out with Zard Y since they often run Modest which lets you outspeed and OHKO with Fusion Bolt.
  • 0 Atk Life Orb Teravolt Kyurem-B Fusion Bolt vs. 96 HP / 0 Def Manaphy: 296-351 (81 - 96.1%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
  • 0 Atk Life Orb Teravolt Kyurem-B Fusion Bolt vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Charizard Y: 364-429 (122.5 - 144.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
I would also run more phys def on Hippowdon to ease your weakness to Mega Pinsir (which i briefly considered bringing :[ lol ). You have a good chance to get swept at +2 since Starmie's Tbolt and Mega Scizor's BP does not 2HKO Pinsir. It can put you in an awkward position where it threatens the KO on a <70% HP Clef and presents two scenarios:
  • You can stay in and Twave and lose Clef to Return when you needed Clef to check something else on their team such as an opposing CM Flamethrower Clef.
  • You switch out, Pinsir SDs and you lose.
  • +2 252 Atk Aerilate Mega Pinsir Return vs. 252 HP / 80+ Def Hippowdon: 364-429 (86.6 - 102.1%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
  • +2 252 Atk Aerilate Mega Pinsir Return vs. 252 HP / 192+ Def Hippowdon: 331-391 (78.8 - 93%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
  • +2 252 Atk Aerilate Mega Pinsir Return vs. 252 HP / 144+ Def Hippowdon: 346-408 (82.3 - 97.1%) -- 25% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
  • +2 252 Atk Aerilate Mega Pinsir Quick Attack vs. 76 HP / 0 Def Tornadus-T: 234-276 (73.5 - 86.7%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

• 8 Atk Technician Mega Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mega Pinsir: 79-94 (29.1 - 34.6%) -- 7.4% chance to 3HKO
  • 0 SpA Starmie Thunderbolt vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Mega Pinsir: 142-168 (52.3 - 61.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
Naive Nature
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Fusion Bolt
- Roost

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock
- Slack Off
Thanks for the quality rate daftmau. I will make sure to try this change as well, i actually considered running a positive speed nature at some point. The special defense I have on Hippo is more of a default benchmark because I need the 80 defense EVs and I like the ability to stay in on Dracos, so I will change its spread to the one you suggested.

Overall a good deal of very nice rates alreadys, I really appreciate it guys.

U should use Flamethrower on Clefable since ure pretty MScizor weak and a good player won't let his win con get lured by HP Fire Cube. Whirlwind on Hippo would be helpful too even if it does nothing against last 'mon Sciz.

Well, while it seems easy at first glance, using Flamethrower Clef means I stand no chance against Charizard-Y, and using Whirlwind Hippo would only make me weaker to Talonflame. On a general note, my mindset is to at least stand a chance against the biggest threats to my team, even if that means not having the best matchup against other archetypes/threats. Moreover, if you find Scizor to be too much of an issue, encore on Clefable neuters it as well as other boosting threats, a feat flamethrower doesn't accomplish.

DennisEG

Civil Engineer
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hey man i like so suggest a couple of things, first i definitely run T-Wave on clef just because ur team isn't that faster in terms of revenge thing, so adding T-wave on clef u should run Superpower > U-turn the momentum u could gain with scizor isnt than necessary for ur team because seem a lil bit passive in terms of offense so u have a switch in for most of the current threats in the metagame also could help beat another scizors to extend, adding this change u have a super effective move agaisnt ferro which relieve Torn and u can try Icy Wind > Heat Wave, cuz SD gliscor could be annoying after Kyub is gone and also help to slow down fast threats and revenge after more easily. Also 160 Evs in Spatk Torn is all u need to secure certains KO/2HKO. I think thats it, i like that Kyub set, nice lure i hope i help u man

MegaStarUniverse

Banned deucer.
On the Threatlist im surprised you don't have M-scizor itself lol. You Depend on Starmie to keep it from sweeping once its at +2. and even then if Scald does not burn that is very bad for you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)