ORAS OU SubTran @showdown [RMT]

Hey Smogon and other users ! Im Solid Gaz and this is my first RMT. Ive just come back after a 1.5 year break to competitive pokemon and im liking this team so far and would like tips for improvements.(around 1400 at the moment).

So today I present this team , based on Heatran , a really viable poke in OU and that can combine with a lot of other poke , provide bulk , check and stall.So without waiting , here it is :

heatran.gif

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Toxic
- Substitute
- Taunt
- Flamethrower

As I said above , I wanted to build my team on Heatran.The Toxic / Sub is a great technique to stall pokemon. Taunt is here for pokemon with heal bell like Chansey/Clefable or slow Defoggers like Mandibuzz. The investment in speed Evs permit me to outspeed Zapdos bulk set and taunt before defog and to outspeed Excadrill /Breloom/Bisharp . Flamethrower is just there for a decent hitting from time to time.

Venusaur-Mega @ Venusaurite
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sleep Powder
- Sludge Bomb
- Synthesis

My mega : bulky , reliable and powerful , he permits me to take down fairies and send pokemon to sleep on switches. The ability and defensive stats of this pokemon with Synthesis makes him extremely hard to take down. Heatran and Venusaur check most of each others weakness.

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Electric]
- Surf

My choice pokemon . I opted for specs rather than scarf because this pokemon + HydroPump is amazing, does so much damage. Hp electric for Gyarados,which destroys my team otherwise and surf is just a slot user or a 'safe' move for low Hp pokes. His speed and power manages to fill the lack in the Heatran/Venusaur core . Combined with Heatran Toxic and spikes/SR , the HydroPump is enough to finish most pokemons.

Skarmory @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Toxic
- Roost
- Spikes
- Defog

The physical wall , second staller with roost/toxic , defogger and spikes setup. This pokemon support ability is enormous and he aids a lot in the team's synergy.Rocky Helmet for potential damage on offensive threats such as Loppuny/Scizor/Gyarados .

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 Def
- U-turn
- Smack Down
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock

One of my favorite pokemon. He is a bulky pivot with good physical attack , even with no Evs invested . He walls a lot of physical threats like skarmory , and checks most of the trio core ( Heatran/Keldeo/Venu) weaknesses. U-Turn adds synergy and if used well , can make a lot of good opportunities .Smack Down is here to counter Talonflame and threatening other pokes by canceling their ground immunity .
EQ is incredible and is enough to do 40% to most pokemons non-resistant to it. The last slot was for Stealth Rock , a move every team should have as it permits the waste of focus sash or just to weaken the foe , or threaten pokemon like Charizard or Talonflame to come on the field like this and sweep.

Latios (M) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Ice Beam
- Psyshock
- Earthquake

Latios , finally , allows speed and strong Sp.Atk moves . He can do a lot of damage and the lum berry can help him cure a thunderwave from thundurus-T or a willowisp from rotom. EQ KOs Heatran after SR.

Overall , I've played with the teams for 20 matchs + , with only 4 loses. Its synergy is great and doesn't have a lot of weaknesses in my opinion.
Im glad about my team at the moment apart from Latios , who I think should be replaced by a physical pokemon , which misses in my team ( only Lando-T).
Im taking any of your advices especially on Latios , and will be glad to give replays if you want.
Thanks again.

Replays:
-http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-233290720
-http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-233373077

Attachments

Last edited:
Pretty cool team, I enjoyed using SubTran a lot during XY. Something you could try out on it is Magma Storm over Flamethrower. Magma Storm forces defensive mons to stay in, letting you take them out. That being said, the greater PP/Accuracy of Flamethrower is always useful. Also, I would highly suggest changing the Latios set. Ice Beam is a really sub-par option on it, so I would suggest using either a Calm Mind set, or if you really want to run Earthquake, a mixed Life Orb set. Scald over Surf is almost always better on Keldeo, since it allows Keldeo to cripple a lot of its checks/counters with a burn, and later overwhelms them, especially with hazard support.
So, in conclusion, the sets I would DEFINITELY change are:

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: NaN Atk
- Calm Mind
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Roost

OR

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Earthquake
- Roost

Keldeo-Resolute @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Electric]
- Scald

Alright , thx for the advice. Im switching Keldeo immediately. Would switching out EQ for Recover be good? Recover better than roost no?

Recover and Roost do the same thing since ground moves still won't work on it because of Levitate. It's really just color preference or if you think Recover sounds cooler than Roost.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)