ORAS OU The Art of the Trap (Currently in the top 100)

So, it's been brought to my attention that people have no idea how to use Trappers properly, and that's fine, it's something I have noticed for quite some time now. Not to say I'm some sort of master of the Trap, but I know how to use them. Simply put, Trappers are the best support Pokemon any sweeper could ever possibly ask for, and at the time of creation, this team was to exemplify that. Now, as I stated, trappers are meant to be strictly supportive, there to help your sweepers and remove would be threats. So, the easiest thing to do is pick a sweeper, decide which Pokemon walls it, and pick your tapper accordingly. That is exactly how this team was created, choose your sweepers, choose your trappers, get rocks up, and remove hazards, simple as that. Easy as shit idea, easy as shit team to use, and easy as shit to get wins. I've had a considerable amount of fun with this team, as it royally pisses some people off, and with the correct playing, you can pull off some very fun sweeps. This originally started as me proving a point of how absolutely amazing trappers are as supporters, and I can only hope this RMT shows that off. . .
With that, please, enjoy!

#####Team Building Process#####

Now, I know I said I started with my sweeper, and I did, however, I already had that Zard X in mind, so I decided to work on supporting it first. Now, no Offensive team is complete without a Stealth Rock setter, so, Tyranitar was very fitting. It also provides support for our spinner considering this team is relatively offensive.

Excadrill is easily one of the best spinners in the tier, and thanks to Tyranitar giving it +2 thanks to Sand Rush, it also becomes a fearful offensive presence. Excadrill removes hazards for Charizard, giving it a much safer switch in to certain threats. It also provides some immediate power capable of dealing a large amount of damage to many troublesome Pokemon.

Now, I'm still looking to support Charizard X, and something it really wants is free switch-ins. Wobbuffet can guarantee this with ease. With Encore and Safeguard it can prevent status that can severely hinder my sweepers. This also deals with Keldeo relatively well, which every team greatly appreciates, it can also take care of Choice Scarf Landorus T with the right plays.

Oh. . . Oh Charizard X you monster. This is by far one of the most difficult Pokemon to switch into because of its insane power thanks to Tough Claws, amazing base power STAB attacks and Dragon Dance. I decided to go with Bulky DD Charizard X to make sure it will be staying around as long as possible while also being a major problem for all teams alike. Quite easily, one of the best set-up sweepers in OU.

This doesn't take much to see why Dugtrio was added to this team. I decided to go with STAB on Charizard X to hit everything as hard as possible, so, that means Heatran outright walls Charizard X. So, Dugtrio deals with Heatran quite simply, leaving way for Charizard X to sweep as well as, my second sweeper who was otherwise walled by Heatran.

Alright, Serperior, I'll admit, when it was first released I didn't think it'd be nearly as great as it ended up being. However, after using it and creating this team I've realized Serperior is a HUGE threat in the right hands. Thanks to Dugtrio, Serperior is given the red carpet to sweep through teams with little to no effort.

#####A Closer Look#####

Surface (Tyranitar) @ Smooth Rock
Ability: Sand Stream | EVs: 252 HP / 92 SpA / 164 Spe | Nature: Rash
Stealth Rock / Pursuit / Stone Edge / Fire Blast

Now, every team needs a Hazard setter, and this team is no different. Removing sturdy or Focus sashes can come in handy quite a bit for the sweepers. With Sand Stream, not only can it also take of small but purposeful bits of health, but it also helps Excadrill, making it one hell of a force to deal with. Tyranitar is also a very good switch in to some Pokemon that could otherwise be very bothersome to the rest of my team, such as Talonflame, and most bird spammers. Pursuit, along with tickle Wobbuffet can make quite a horrendous couple. You tickle the opponent down to -6 and proceed to pursuit them, and remove a potential thorn in this teams side. Stone Edge is simply for the aforementioned bird running around in OU at this time. Fire blast allows for some surprise holes that can get punched into Scizor and Ferrothorn. Max HP is ran for relatively obvious reasons, however the 164 SpA allows Tyranitar to OHKO bulky SD Mega Scizor after Stealth Rocks, removing a huge pain in the butt and in many cases making the game easier. It also allows me to net an easy 2HKO on Ferrothorn, and at minimum giving it a hard time of ever getting the chance to switch in again. The SpA investment also gives Tyranitar a chance to OHKO Bisharp upon the switch, which is always much appreciated. 92 Speed allows it to be as fast as possible while also outspeeding up to neutral base 80s. All in all, Tyranitar is an amazing Pokemon for this team, and I feel at times is the main Pokemon that makes this team so easy to use, removing would be trouble makers and supporting the entire team.

Dum Dee Dum (Excadrill) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Rush | EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe | Nature: Adamant
Earthquake / Iron Head / Rock Slide / Rapid Spin

What offensive team doesn't have Excadrill and Tyranitar nowadays? Ever since Generation 6 and its weather nerf, these two have gone together like Peanut butter and Jelly. Thanks to Sand Stream on Tyranitar and Sand Rush on Excadrill, this combo can be hell to deal with. Excadrill outspeeds everything unboosted and damn near everything even after a single boost, and with a monstrous base 130 attack backed by Life Orb, you have a serious problem on your hands. This may seem like it's a lot to take in, and these two should be looked into, but, that isn't even where it ends. It also removes hazards that REALLY can be a pain in the ass for Charizard and Serperior over time. Life Orb STAB EQ from an adamant base 130 Attack is nothing to scoff at, it does a shit ton, even if resisted. Iron Head makes dealing with annoying fairies much easier, and really comes in handy with Flinches, but hoping for hax is for scrubs even though we all do it. Rock Slide gives Excadrill the ever coveted EdgeQuake combo, sort of. As stated previously, Rapid Spin removes hazards from my side of the field making switching much easier to do.

Wicked Games (Wobbuffet) (M) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Shadow Tag | EVs: 28 HP / 232 Def / 248 SpDef | IVs: 0 Atk | Nature: Bold
Encore / Counter / Mirror Coat / Tickle

This is by far one of my favorite Pokemon in the game. Wobbuffet is an AMAZING support Pokemon when paired with a Sweeper. People just have no idea how great it can be. I put up a core not too long ago expressing how amazing Wobbuffet and Charizard X can be together, that I feel didn't quite get the point across. Wobbuffet is a dick in the right hands, picking what it traps, typically problematic Pokemon such as Keldeo, Scarf Landorus T, set up sweepers, choice locked Pokemon for the most part. Thanks to Encore, Wobbuffet can trap a Pokemon thinking they can set up, lock them into setting up, and switch into the appropriate check and proceed to set up. Tickle allows Wobbuffet to after locking the opponent into moves that do no damage, such as setting up hazards, or in some cases removing hazards, give Tyranitar a free switch in giving it the ability to Pursuit away, which, in many cases removes a threat completely. Wobbuffet also has amazing bulk with base 194 HP it can take hits relatively well. With that, of the 6 moves it can possibly learn, Counter and Mirror Coat can score some amazing kills on troublesome Pokemon. Wobbuffet can come in on any variation of Keldeo, trap it, and kill it with ease. It also traps Landorus T if it is locked into Earthquake, Stone Edge or any move other than U-Turn, for relatively obvious reasons. However, Landorus T can be very problematic to Charizard X and with it gone, has a pretty good time of sweeping. Wobbuffet supports Charizard X almost flawlessly, and trust me, Charizard X really appreciates it.

Assassin (Charizard) (M) @ Charizardnite X
Ability: Blaze | EVs: 144 HP / 252 Atk / 112 Spe | Nature: Adamant
Dragon Dance / Roost / Dragon Claw / Flare Blitz

Charizard has admittedly been one of my favorite Pokemon ever since its creation, however, since about Gen 4 Charizard has been absolute garbage, being weak to the ever present Stealth Rocks and just over all not having a very easy time of sweeping. However, Generation 6 changed all of that with Mega Evolutions. Charizard really thrived off of this by gaining not only two Megas, but two amazing Megas. Charizard X has proven to be a huge thorn in damn near any playstyle's side with amazing typing and defensive and offensive stats to boot. Tough Claws boosts it's already pretty great base power attacks to sky high levels capable of dealing large amounts of damage to many if not all of the Pokemon willing to switch into this behemoth. Dragon Dance pushes that offensive feat even further, shooting its already ground shattering stats even further. At +1 Tough Claws STAB boosted Dragon Claw and Flare Blitz ruin lives, making tearing through teams extremely easy. Roost allows Charizard X to keep itself nice and healthy to finish the game strong. Thanks to both Wobbuffet and Dugtrio Charizard X's usual checks have been dealt with to include many of its would be counters. After the proper support has been laid out, Charizard X can leave entire teams on their backs, and you with a win.

Puppets (Dugtrio) (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Arena Trap | EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe | Nature: Jolly
Earthquake / Stone Edge / Reversal / Memento

Dugtrio, this thing doesn't get the love it deserves in my opinion. Much like Wobbuffet it it is an amazing support Pokemon. Capable of removing the number one counter to both Charizard X and Serperior named Heatran. It also can be very helpful in checking opposing Charizard X after they have switched into rocks and before they have begun to set up thanks to Focus Sash ensuring Dugtrio gets off an Earthquake and kills. There really isn't much to say about Dugtrio, it is here for one reason, and one reason only to remove Heatran. It can also remove opposing Sand Rush Excadrill that can be problematic for Serperior and Charizard X if it hasn't set up yet. However, it does have some extremely useful tools at its disposal. Much like Excadrill it has the beautiful EdgeQuake combo in its arsenal to get some great neutral coverage. Reversal lets Dugtrio do a good chunk of damage when dropped down to its sash, in many instances killing Pokemon that don't resist it. Memento is another amazing supportive feature Dugtrio comes stocked with. Not only can Dugtrio trap things, but the things it traps can also be severely hindered by memento, making set up extremely easy for Serperior and Charizard X. Dugtrio's EVs are pretty self explanatory, hit as hard as you can while moving as fast as you can. Dugtrio does what it is meant to do, and a much appreciated member of the team, further proving why trappers are amazing supportive Pokemon.

Rotten Chains (Serperior) (F) @ Miracle Seed
Ability: Contrary | EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Speed | IVs: 0 Atk | Nature: Timid
Leaf Storm / Hidden Power Fire / Dragon Pulse / Substitute | Glare

Ooh Wee Serperior. I'll be honest, never did I think this thing would be such an amazing Pokemon in an OU environment. Serperior has a very easy time of setting up thanks to it's "broken if it was on any other Pokemon" ability Contrary. Contrary allows Serperior to get a free Nasty Plot off while also doing pretty decent damage before setting up, a 130 BP move boosted by STAB is nothing to mess with, especially when using it gives it a free +2. Leaf Storm alone can run teams down, it is so obscenely easy to set up it's not even funny. After enough boosts, Serperior can and usually does reign terror all over OU thanks to its surprisingly effective coverage. With Heatran, one of the few guaranteed Serperior counters, taken care of thanks to Dugtrio, Serperior has very little trouble dealing with many of the OU threats. It's insane speed and power allow it to do a very hefty amount of damage to most if not all teams. Hidden Power Fire kills off Ferrothorn, Scizor and Mega Scizor, Pokemon that can take it's STAB relatively well and threaten it out. Dragon Pulse rounds off Serperiors coverage to the best of its abilities. Although Grass, Fire, and Dragon isn't exactly the best coverage, at +6 it's pretty negligible. Substitute also allows it to not only scout out the opponent, but avoid pesky status from Pokemon faster than it, so pretty much Prankster Thundurus. Serperior has proven me wrong over its short time in OU, and I can't believe I was ever against it being among our higher ranked OU Pokemon. It is well deserving of its spot, thanks to nothing more than its ease of use and power, and with the right support, it can really demolish the competition with little to no effort.

#####Threats#####

Seriously, fuck this thing. If Excadrill or Wobbuffet fail to remove this monstrosity, I can lose quite simply. It flat out walls Charizard X and Serperior, and can set up nearly for free with those two removed. Though, it is managable, it still has a chance of getting past my team.

Much like Mega Altaria, if this isn't removed with the dedicated Pokemon, I can lose pretty easily, especially if it is the Rock Polish set. So, it is very important to remove this Pokemon as soon as possible.

Although this isn't the most common Pokemon in OU, it does have a pretty easy time of running through my teams if rocks manage to stay on my side of the field. However, it has to be played very well to do so because of its curse of losing speed boost upon Mege Evolution. A threat nonetheless.

Now, after setting up, this is little to no problem. However, if the opponent knows what they are doing, I have absolutely 0 switch ins to this, and damn near any time it comes it it either heavily dents something or kills it.

I will be adding more, these are just the two that popped into my head first.

Leaf Storm
5 130 90
Missing this shit. . . Seriously, this has lost me more games than I'd like to admit. How do you even miss a 90% accurate move this often?

#####Conclusion#####

This team has been extremely fun to play with, getting me pretty far on the ladder before goofing off with my previous team. I hope it shows just how amazing Trappers can be as supportive Pokemon in the right hands. This isn't exactly an RMT to show how I believe trapping is broken, it's more so to show how Trapping should be used to the best of its ability. I hope you all enjoy using it, and don't think it's too horrible of a team. In the end, have fun with this team, it's moderately easy to use with a bit of experience, but nonetheless fun to use. Feel free to tell me what could make this team better and I will get around to trying it out. Thanks for the read. Hope you enjoyed!

#####Importable#####
Surface (Tyranitar) @ Smooth Rock
Ability: Sand Stream
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 92 SpA / 164 Spe
Rash Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Crunch
- Stone Edge
- Fire Blast

Dum Dee Dum (Excadrill) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin

Wicked Games (Wobbuffet) (M) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 28 HP / 232 Def / 248 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Encore
- Counter
- Mirror Coat
- Safeguard

Assassin (Charizard) (M) @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 144 HP / 252 Atk / 112 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Roost
- Dragon Claw
- Flare Blitz

Puppets (Dugtrio) (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Arena Trap
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Reversal
- Memento

Rotten Chains (Serperior) (F) @ Miracle Seed
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Dragon Pulse

#####Replays#####

Last edited:

Mur

If you're not first you're last
Hey man this is a really solid and cool team! I like the wob+zard-x combo plus it effectively shows how trapping should be used like you wanted. Trapping also helps taking care of threats to the team since wob can usually handle them all in some way but I think I have a way to make you a lil less weak to Malt at least. This would be changing substitute to glare on serp. While I do see how sub is useful I think glare helps you cripple alt so it is far easier for your team to handle. I also believe that sub won't help too too much imo since thundy going for t-wave is asking for a death sentence via wob. I guess it's up to you tbh just my idea to improve the matchup against altaria. Anyways solid team you have here not much can really be edited since you can effectively trap/play around a majority of the meta so congrats man hope I helped out a lil bit :]

Hey man this is a really solid and cool team! I like the wob+zard-x combo plus it effectively shows how trapping should be used like you wanted. Trapping also helps taking care of threats to the team since wob can usually handle them all in some way but I think I have a way to make you a lil less weak to Malt at least. This would be changing substitute to glare on serp. While I do see how sub is useful I think glare helps you cripple alt so it is far easier for your team to handle. I also believe that sub won't help too too much imo since thundy going for t-wave is asking for a death sentence via wob. I guess it's up to you tbh just my idea to improve the matchup against altaria. Anyways solid team you have here not much can really be edited since you can effectively trap/play around a majority of the meta so congrats man hope I helped out a lil bit :]
I've gotten this suggestion quite a bit actually, and it is something I really do plan on taking into consideration and giving a try. I'll be sure to report how it goes, paralyzing a Pokemon is always great, especially when things like Wobbuffet exist which can really catch those things and punish them. I'll definitely be giving this a try. Thanks!

Reactions: Mur
i absolutely love this team.... its so much fun ... it strikes fear into the hearts of opponents .... unless they have a conkeldurr...then i got absolutley bodied... it is rare to come across them anymore and i dont really know what you could do to the team to counter it... ill leave it up to you.

reflect type starmie is a pain aswell.

but a great team none-the-less

Minor nitpick, but using a spread of 252 HP / 92 SpA / 164 Spe Rash on Tyranitar gives you the same Speed stat with an extra 6 Special Attack points.

By the way, I think you should try Tickle on Wobbuffett. It has good synergy with Dugtrio (Tickle to drop Defense -> Trap with Dugtrio) so you can remove problematic Pokemon. Safeguard is nice but might as well take advantage of the rest of your team.

Nice team!

Alright, so, I've gone ahead and change the Tyranitar EVs to the above spread, very helpful, and has come in handy aside from the one match where team builder put my 164 in spdef cause it's an amazing team builder. I will also be sure to try out tickle on Wobbuffet, I have yet to change it so far, honestly because I forgot. I have also gone about changing between Glare and Substitute for Serperior, so, at the very least I will be slashing Glare until I decide which is better. I'll be sure to look into how I can possibly go about working around the conk and RT Starmie problem as I go.

Thanks for giving this team a look everyone!

Reactions: Mur

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I wouldn't reallly say that Altaria Walls Zardx because even the bulkiest set has to take over 40% at +1, but you could consider running ice beam (or punch) to make mega alt less of a pain.
+1 252+ Atk Tough Claws Mega Charizard X Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mega Altaria: 144-171 (40.6 - 48.3%) -- 68% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
0 SpA Pixilate Mega Altaria Hyper Voice vs. 144 HP / 0 SpD Mega Charizard X: 157-186 (47.1 - 55.8%) -- 76.6% chance to 2HKO

p2

Banned deucer.
Have you considered running 21 HP IVs on Dugtrio? 21 IVs put it at 201 HP which allow it to take 2 Seismic Tosses from Chansey and deal massive damage to it with Reversal, usually being able to OHKO after SR and a prior Earthquake. Plus it doesn't massively affect its bulk since its bulk is already nonexistent.

Have you considered running 21 HP IVs on Dugtrio? 21 IVs put it at 201 HP which allow it to take 2 Seismic Tosses from Chansey and deal massive damage to it with Reversal, usually being able to OHKO after SR and a prior Earthquake. Plus it doesn't massively affect its bulk since its bulk is already nonexistent.
Thank you, I meant to try and find the number of IVs for Dugtrio but never got around to it. I'll be making this edit right now.

I wouldn't reallly say that Altaria Walls Zardx because even the bulkiest set has to take over 40% at +1, but you could consider running ice beam (or punch) to make mega alt less of a pain.
+1 252+ Atk Tough Claws Mega Charizard X Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mega Altaria: 144-171 (40.6 - 48.3%) -- 68% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
0 SpA Pixilate Mega Altaria Hyper Voice vs. 144 HP / 0 SpD Mega Charizard X: 157-186 (47.1 - 55.8%) -- 76.6% chance to 2HKO
I've just had a horrendous time dealing with Mega Altaria. Excadrill is my most sure fire way to deal with it, but as you can see Zard X even has a fairly tough time dealing with it and it becomes a roosting/dd mindgame match.

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I've just had a horrendous time dealing with Mega Altaria. Excadrill is my most sure fire way to deal with it, but as you can see Zard X even has a fairly tough time dealing with it and it becomes a roosting/dd mindgame match.
An interesting lure set that you could use is lure iron tail zardx, but knowing your luck you'd miss iron tail every turn
252+ Atk Tough Claws Mega Charizard X Iron Tail vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mega Altaria: 214-254 (60.4 - 71.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

An interesting lure set that you could use is lure iron tail zardx, but knowing your luck you'd miss iron tail every turn
252+ Atk Tough Claws Mega Charizard X Iron Tail vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mega Altaria: 214-254 (60.4 - 71.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
;~;

I'll be sure to slash it as a possibility, but as you stated, I'm not hitting it ever so, I won't be using it lol.
I've noticed mAlt isn't too huge a problem as long as you play around it correctly, but it can be a huge threat nonetheless, so I will be keeping it in the threats list. I've also come across another threat I will be adding after this post.

tcr

sage of six tabs
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hey man, pretty cool team! Trapping is one of the most annoying strategies to face. Seriously, fuck trapping.

One thing I could see being problematic is Mega Altaria, as the only way you can beat it is to either successfully predict Encore while Altaria Dragon Dances or to somehow revenge it with Excadrill. It easily sets up on Tyranitar, Charizard, Dugtrio, and Serperior, possibly even getting to +2. You really have nothing for it, Earthquake Altaria requires some massive outplaying to take down, while Heal Bell means that Serperior can't just glare it. One thing you can do is solidify running Glare on Serperior, as this can stop Altaria from setting up if it lacks Heal Bell. If it runs Heal Bell, its much easier to take down as odds are it is mono-attacking. One thing you can do is to run Offensive Mega Venusaur in order to beat Altaria and Diancie. Running a spread of 248 HP / 164 Def / 80 SpA / 20 Spe Bold allows you to always OHKO both Mega Altaria and Mega Diancie after Rocks (Altaria needs to switch in on rocks, then mega-evolve.) Meanwhile, they both fail to 2hko (in fact Mega-Altaria fails to 2hko at +2). This should give you some breathing room, and while it isn't as powerful as Serperior, it also abuses Dugtrio's ability to trap Heatran. Adding in Venusaur also makes you a bit less Keldeo weak, as it can potentially come in once Wobuffet has been sacced or dies and clean up, especially with Rocks up. Venusaur also helps to lure in Latias, which Tyranitar can trap. For this measure I'm going to recommend running Pursuit on Tyranitar, as this lets it shit on things like Latias, Talonflame, Charizard, or anything switching out. Since you are now running Mega Venusaur, you obviously cannot run 2 megas on the same team. I would run SD Talonflame over Charizard. The Flying STAB would be greatly appreciated, and it also likes Heatran to be removed. The set I would run would be Swords Dance / Flare Blitz / Brave Bird / [U-turn /Roost] with your choice of Roost or U-turn. Roost can give it some breathing room and lets it clean up easier, however U-turn allows you to actually play with all of your Pokemon rather than saving Talonflame for the last few turns, and can set up nice switches into either Wobuffet or Dugtrio. I hope this helps, good luck with your team!

DennisEG

Civil Engineer
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hey man im not fan of Sand Offense but this team really looks cool and annoying at the same time, due to is offense u dont have many switch ins for common threats but most of them are trapped so i only like to suggest a couple of change in ur sets/spreads.
  • First priority DBond would be so nice to have on Wobbu, for that u have to change Destiny BOnd > Safeguard and Custap berry > Sitrus Berry, Wobbu have the enough bulk at least to trap one mon and killed but with priority Dbond due to Custap u can kill 2 mons, which help ur sweeper a lil bit more.
  • Also i'll Change Toxic > Reversal on Doggy just because reversal is rare to use because doggy is frail and weak af, but toxic help u to wear down fat mons for ur sweeper
  • another thing is ur should run Pursuit > Crunch on Tyranitar and a more tanky set, pursuit is for Latis, bulky pshychis and even Torn-T.
Tyranitar @ Smooth Rock
EVs: 248 HP / 24 Atk / 84 Def / 16 SpA / 136 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge
- Fire Blast

Charizard (M) @ Charizardite X
EVs: 120 HP / 248 Atk / 140 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Roost
- Dragon Claw
- Flare Blitz

Enough Speed to outspeed mons with 405 speed at +1
Hope i help u man gl and gratz in ur peak

DennisEG

Civil Engineer
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hey man im not fan of Sand Offense but this team really looks cool and annoying at the same time, due to is offense u dont have many switch ins for common threats but most of them are trapped so i only like to suggest a couple of change in ur sets/spreads.
  • First priority DBond would be so nice to have on Wobbu, for that u have to change Destiny BOnd > Safeguard and Custap berry > Sitrus Berry, Wobbu have the enough bulk at least to trap one mon and killed but with priority Dbond due to Custap u can kill 2 mons, which help ur sweeper a lil bit more.
  • Also i'll Change Toxic > Reversal on Doggy just because reversal is rare to use because doggy is frail and weak af, but toxic help u to wear down fat mons for ur sweeper
  • another thing is ur should run Pursuit > Crunch on Tyranitar and a more tanky set, pursuit is for Latis, bulky pshychis and even Torn-T.
Tyranitar @ Smooth Rock
EVs: 248 HP / 24 Atk / 84 Def / 16 SpA / 136 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge
- Fire Blast

Charizard (M) @ Charizardite X
EVs: 120 HP / 248 Atk / 140 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Roost
- Dragon Claw
- Flare Blitz

Enough Speed to outspeed mons with 405 speed at +1
Hope i help u man gl and gratz in ur peak

This team is fucking awesome. I've been using it recently and netted quite a few wins (and a lot of ragequits lmfao), if I was to make any suggestions I'd just be reiterating what DennisEG said above, throwing toxic on mons will really aid Charizard-X and Serperior. Dbond+Custap is another improvement on Wobbuffet.

Anyway yeah, it's great. Good job and I look forward to seeing what you come up with in the future. ^_^

Hey I remember playing you! I totally got outplayed by that Wobbuffet! Thank god you didn't use our battle in the replays, that woulda been embarassing lol.

Okay, so this is a really impressive team.Since its pretty obvious about your MAlt problem, I'll point out how I can see a little problem happening with scarf Keldeo if Wobbuffet goes down. I think it's a hard thing to fix, especially with how the team is geared toward to letting Zard X sweeping. If that Keldeo was a scarfer in your replay, I think you would've had a lot harder time taking it down.
252 SpA Keldeo Hydro Pump vs. 28 HP / 248 SpD Wobbuffet: 198-234 (37.5 - 44.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 SpA Keldeo Secret Sword vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Serperior: 144-171 (49.4 - 58.7%) -- 99.6% chance to 2HKO
252 SpA Keldeo Hydro Pump vs. 144 HP / 0 SpD Mega Charizard X: 205-243 (61.5 - 72.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

While that may not seem like much, those are your best switch ins. Sure, you can take it out with Wobbuffet, but in order to switch in, it'll be taking most of its HP before you can Mirror Coat. I'm not really sure what you can do about that because of the way the team is built, and the SubCM Keldeo seems to be getting more popular than the scarf variant, so it might not be a very big deal in the end.

Lastly, may I suggest trying HP Ice on Serperior? It provides more super-effective damage on MAlt. While it doesn't let you run HP Fire for Ferrothorn, most Serperior pack fire, which would likely threaten out a Ferro anyway. Besides, I think Fire Blast on Ttar is a great trick for incoming Ferrothorn. Additionally, the terrifying MAlt would come out with confidence on a Leaf Storm, try to set up and get HP Ice'd.

252 SpA Serperior Leaf Storm vs. 64 HP / 0 SpD Mega Altaria: 71-84 (23.1 - 27.3%) -- 57.1% chance to 4HKO
PLUS
+2 252 SpA Serperior Hidden Power Ice vs. 64 HP / 0 SpD Mega Altaria: 176-208 (57.3 - 67.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Leaving MAlt with about 20.6% HP with min rolls on each move (veeeeeeerrrrrrry unlikely lol). An Altaria at 20% sounds a lot easier to deal with. And if somehow possible, you could get this to happen:
+2 252 SpA Serperior Hidden Power Ice vs. 64 HP / 0 SpD Altaria: 352-416 (114.6 - 135.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Hitting a non-mega'd Altaria with this sounds kinda hard, but if our battle was any good indication of your skill, then I believe you could pull it off somehow.

Anyway, great team! Haha it was better than mine at the time!

Great RMT, well written. This team is pretty solid in practice and i tried it with success, and also encountered it quite a bit on the suspect ladder against others :p. Mega Altaria is a really big threat right now so its probably in the best interest to make a few sacrifices to make sure you can comfortably take it down. As others suggested above i think destiny bond on wobuffet with cutsap berry can be helpful in taking down mega alt and other threats if all else fails.I think that Amaura gave good insight into an alternate version with mega venu> serp and talonflame> char x. My suggestion will build upon Shiningfire08's great lure suggestion.

252 SpA Life Orb Serperior Leaf Storm vs. 64 HP / 0 SpD Mega Altaria: 92-109 (29.9 - 35.5%)

+2 252 SpA Life Orb Serperior Hidden Power Ice vs. 64 HP / 0 SpD Mega Altaria: 229-270 (74.5 - 87.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

I think running hp ice as a lure for your team is more beneficial than hp fire, since you already have fire blast on ttar which lures ferro and other steels, zard x can use it as setup fodder as well. With that said running LO would be obligatory so that you ensure you rid yourself of mega altaria quickly. The downside of course is that passive recoil from your sand + LO will wear serp down faster than usual, but it maybe worth it because you can alleviate pressure off excadrill and wobuffet in getting rid of mega alt, who will both be busy eliminating other threats and excadrill clearing rocks and getting worn down over time.

Last edited:
So I want to start by saying, I'm loving running into my own team on the ladder. . . It's SOOO fun to go up against. . .

With that said, there have been a few changes that I have implemented and decided to stick with. Those being replacing safeguard with tickle, and dark pulse with pursuit. With that combination, I can deal with Bulky Chomp that think they're slick trying to get away from dealing damage to Wobbuffet by locking themselves into Stealth Rocks, as well as many severely troublesome Pokemon. This also gives me a way to slow Mega Altaria down with its set up. Pursuit is obvious, pursuit whatever Wobbuffet tickled.

Now, a second and rather secret reason as to why I have dropped safeguard is, look at my team. . . If I have locked the opponent into a status move, I have a Pokemon to switch in to every status type, so essentially, I have a way of scaring out the opponent locked into their status move.
I have yet to try Custap berry and HP Ice on Serp, but I will be sure to give them a scope. At a later time, likely after the suspect, I may go about making the changes Amaura suggested. Until then, I will get to editing the OP.

The last battle on your list of replays doesn't work. nice team, btw!
Fixed. On the count of me being done with the ORAS metagame right now, I won't be making any changes to this. I've just grown tired of the meta as it is, so I likely won't be playing again until the next Suspect, in which case I'll have a new RMT up by then I'm sure anyways. Thank you everyone for giving this a look, and thanks for all the suggestions.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)