Smogon Simple Questions/Suggestions

I'm kind of trying to get into Ubers. I mostly play Wi-Fi, though. Can anybody link me to a guide or so that tells me how to (easily) get my hands on flawless legendaries? Or does it basically always come down to soft-resetting all the way and hoping RNGesus likes you?

I'm kind of trying to get into Ubers. I mostly play Wi-Fi, though. Can anybody link me to a guide or so that tells me how to (easily) get my hands on flawless legendaries? Or does it basically always come down to soft-resetting all the way and hoping RNGesus likes you?
You can always trade for other people's legendaries. I remember when I first started out and didn't have much but a lot of great people would trade me stuff for two or three flawless breeds in rare balls. Some people will trade their legendaries for shiny projects too, and RNGed legendaries aren't worth a lot these days so those will be even easier to obtain. Just go and check out trade threads and their wants list, or straight up ask them something like 'Are there any BPs I can do for your [whatever]?'

Although, as much as I stan Wifi, I gotta say that if you want to learn Ubers, Wifi is not the way to go, js.

What's the deal with people having tons of posts in "Private Forum"?
Depends. Usually, Private Forum refers to forums that are only visible to a certain group of users, like Inside Scoop for badgeholders (the most notable one). I believe that many deleted threads are also placed in private forums.

Any forum that you don't have permissions to view shows up as "Private Forum" in Forum Presence, generally.

Depends. Usually, Private Forum refers to forums that are only visible to a certain group of users, like Inside Scoop for badgeholders (the most notable one). I believe that many deleted threads are also placed in private forums.

Any forum that you don't have permissions to view shows up as "Private Forum" in Forum Presence, generally.
Okay, thanks for the info.

So is there an essay way to move Showdown team to a new computer? I Momoed every type on my laptop, with song Titles for names. But I'm home now and I don't want to play on my Laptop

So is there an essay way to move Showdown team to a new computer? I Momoed every type on my laptop, with song Titles for names. But I'm home now and I don't want to play on my Laptop
Sort of, i recommend emailing yourself your team (via the Import/Export button) then copy the text when your on you computer and paste it in the import/export box, that should work.

One thing I was wondering, why does Smogon only banishes some Mega-Stones from OU to Uber but don't do it with other tiers?
I mean, Smogon could make Diancite a item that was banished to OU, but Diancie wouldn't, that way it could be useful in other Tier,
making the metagame more diverse. Some 'mons like Charizard, Altaria, Loppuny, Sableye, Magnetrick etc would be useful in other Tiers,
not limited as OU, in which they're only useful as Mega-Evolutions.

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
One thing I was wondering, why does Smogon only banishes some Mega-Stones from OU to Uber but don't do it with other tiers?
I mean, Smogon could make Diancite a item that was banished to OU, but Diancie wouldn't, that way it could be useful in other Tier,
making the metagame more diverse. Some 'mons like Charizard, Altaria, Loppuny, Sableye, Magnetrick etc would be useful in other Tiers,
not limited as OU, in which they're only useful as Mega-Evolutions.
Mega stones are banned from other tiers, in fact, not just from OU to Ubers. For example, Houndoomite is banned from RU (and it is in bl2), and Cameruptite is banned from NU (its in bl3).
The second part of the question looks like you're asking why the Pokemon themselves arent put in lower tiers while just having the stone in the upper tier, and the answer is that the Pokemon itself has enough usage to be in that tier. For example, Charizardite is OU and Charizard had 7.074% usage in the OU 1825 stats in April, and for a Pokemon to be in a tier by usage, it needs to be at minimum 3.41% usage. Another example is that while Pinsirite is in BL2 (banned from UU and subsequently all lower tiers), Pinsir itself dropped below the cutoff for OU usage and is now in NU.
Hope this helped.

Last edited:
is the site still being redesigned? for all the time i have lurked smogon, it has said "please excuse our look during redesign" on the top left corner. i think it looks nice!

skylight

a sky full of lighters ☆
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
is the site still being redesigned? for all the time i have lurked smogon, it has said "please excuse our look during redesign" on the top left corner. i think it looks nice!
Um kind of its more that they never got around to making the forums prettier (concentrating more on dex) and it's more like a slogan now really.

How do I find a bunch of people that want to have an oras ou battle? Just off the wifi battles thread? No one seems to be wanting to battle... Is that just how it is or am I doing something wrong?

bobochan

slow mo my bobo
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
How do I find a bunch of people that want to have an oras ou battle? Just off the wifi battles thread? No one seems to be wanting to battle... Is that just how it is or am I doing something wrong?
You can try the Wi-Fi and Battling (/join Battling) room on Showdown, there’s pretty much people looking for ou wifi battles every half an hour or so, you can even try to find one yourself by typing “LF: ou wifi battle” or something along those lines, it always worked for me c:

You can try the Wi-Fi and Battling (/join Battling) room on Showdown, there’s pretty much people looking for ou wifi battles every half an hour or so, you can even try to find one yourself by typing “LF: ou wifi battle” or something along those lines, it always worked for me c:
Thank youuu

Just noticed this. When quoting someone, the redirecting part of the quote says:

"fat user said:"

What does this 'fat' stand for?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)