General Introduce yourself!

Hi BamALam!
Yep, we do have a pretty awesome greeting committee here. :) Please be sure to read the Rate My Team rules before you post a thread, and if you would like a specific team rater to help you, sometimes they will let you VM/PM them for requests. I know Ununhexium is one of those raters. Some information about me: I started playing Pokemon when I saw my friend playing Emerald, and I was hooked. My friend introduced me to Showdown! just last year, and it was from PS! that I found Smogon. You can find a lot of great teams in the RMT Archives section if you want some inspiration. Take a look at our Help form or questions threads if you need help with anything, and like TheHoodedGamer said, you can PM one of us, too! Have fun exploring the site!
Thanks, QueBien ! The Hoenn region was also where I started my Pokemon journey (Pokemon Sapphire) , as I first used to play it via emulator on a computer in middle school during downtimes with my friends , and also the teacher didn't mind as well!
Also, in messaging people for RMT's, do you send them your whole RMT to them for their appraisal or rather do you only ask them for individual or specific aspects like formatting?

QueBien

Nomad, vagabond, call me what you will
Thanks, QueBien ! The Hoenn region was also where I started my Pokemon journey (Pokemon Sapphire) , as I first used to play it via emulator on a computer in middle school during downtimes with my friends , and also the teacher didn't mind as well!
Also, in messaging people for RMT's, do you send them your whole RMT to them for their appraisal or rather do you only ask them for individual or specific aspects like formatting?
Um, I'm not too familiar with how requests go, but I'm pretty sure you ask them first if they'll rate it, then give them your team.

Xylen

Perfect Harmony.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Usually you'd post your team in the RMT forum, and people would come and rate it. If you dont get a rate after a while, you can VM a team rater to help you out.

Hi Guys, my name is BamALam. I have been lurking Smogon and playing Showdown! ever since BW2, but only decided to create an account now as I wanted to post a RMT and meet some cool people who also share my enthusiasm for competitive battling :)
You can usually find me playing in the OU and recently UU tiers, but I can be persuaded to try other tiers if I can use someone else's RMT get a positive response or a recommendation.
So, yeah, I'm happy to officially be a member of Smogon and feel free to PM me if you need more information and/or want to battle as I can usually normally accept challenges. Have an awesome day \(^o^)/
What's Up BamALam! I just recently started playing UU and I had the most unbeatable team... Well untill they Banned Starmie to OU. But its the most diverse tier I've seen. If you ever need help with a team or practice, you can PM me ^.^

What's Up BamALam! I just recently started playing UU and I had the most unbeatable team... Well untill they Banned Starmie to OU. But its the most diverse tier I've seen. If you ever need help with a team or practice, you can PM me ^.^
Sick, thanks for the offer Kenn2Smoove!

Usually you'd post your team in the RMT forum, and people would come and rate it. If you dont get a rate after a while, you can VM a team rater to help you out.
Cool :) , Thanks Xylen. I posted my team on the ORAS OU thread a few hours ago, so I'll wait and see how that goes...

Last edited by a moderator:
hi, long-time forum goer (including Smogon a few times, but it never stuck) and on and off again PS battler. trying to stay for... a while this time, so I'm signing up and doing the thing from scratch lol. I play a lot of OU and RU, but it's been a while so I figure I gotta scope the meta again -- haven't really picked up on it since mid-early last year, and even then my understanding of it was pretty superfluous. anyway, gonna try committing to being active on here and PS, so hopefully you'll see me around the forum from here on out!

Hi, I'm a 22 year old student who likes Pokemon. Been playing quite a lot on Pokemon Showdown expecially in the lower tiers like UU, RU, NU but never made an account here before today. Looking forward to meet new people to talk and to play with on PS! and in Wi-Fi! =)

Thanks for reading and forgive me if my English isn't perfect. =S

QueBien

hi, long-time forum goer (including Smogon a few times, but it never stuck) and on and off again PS battler. trying to stay for... a while this time, so I'm signing up and doing the thing from scratch lol. I play a lot of OU and RU, but it's been a while so I figure I gotta scope the meta again -- haven't really picked up on it since mid-early last year, and even then my understanding of it was pretty superfluous. anyway, gonna try committing to being active on here and PS, so hopefully you'll see me around the forum from here on out!
Hey Simisage!
Welcome to the forums! I used to play Showdown a lot, but haven't been doing so recently. :/ I started with Random Battles, just so I could get a grip on how the game works, then I moved on to OU, and from there to essentially every other tier. Yep, the meta keeps changing, so take a look at the discussion threads in each of the tiers to see how it's changed. I'm pretty active here on Smogon, but when I'm playing PS!, you can find me in the Other Metas room. If you need help with anything, see our Simple Questions Simple Answers threads or our Have a Question? Ask it Here! thread. You can also PM me or some of the other users here if you'd like. I hope you enjoy your time here!
Hi, I'm a 22 year old student who likes Pokemon. Been playing quite a lot on Pokemon Showdown expecially in the lower tiers like UU, RU, NU but never made an account here before today. Looking forward to meet new people to talk and to play with on PS! and in Wi-Fi! =)

Hello Private Charizard!
Nice to meet you! I play the upper tiers mostly, but I'm quite varied that way. I usually play 1v1, Random Battles, and OU, but some of the other tiers I play (just not as often) are Ubers, BH, and Anything Goes (it's a pretty hilarious tier, you should see some of the gimmicks there :o ). Visit the Wi-Fi subforum to get involved with that whole community, and start trading, battling, etc. Wi-Fi is a great way to meet some friends and I'm sure you'll have fun there. Your English is pretty good, I'd have to say! :D Anyway, have a fun time here!

bobochan

slow mo my bobo
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
My mom keeps forcing me to drink milk (coz apparently it helps with body growth or something). =w=

One time I was out at the supermarket with her and I saw flavored milk (MEGMILK), the packaging was really cute which also came with stickers so I took an interest in it and later found out it was called Pokemon.

I received a 3DS along with Pokemon X for Christmas back in 2013, it was the best day ever lol.

After I completed the game I went onto the online side of things because that’s pretty much the only thing left to do after you finish with the post elite four stuff.

Diving into Battle Spot and getting owned was a really bad experience for me so I started doing some research online to find out more about the game.

Then I learned about the breeding and individual values and that’s when things became clear why my opponent keeps moving before my Greninja.

I started to get bored of the game because breeding for online battling was tedious and the battles were ridiculous, seeing how luck is a huge part of the game (more so in 3v3s) and the amount of non Japanese players on BS is way too low.

By googling “pokemon battles online” was how I found Showdown! (I was extremely happy coz everything was ready in front of me, no breeding!) After making an account there I pretty much just watch people play because I wanna get more experience by watching how other people play, and see what kind of teams are used on Showdown Battle Spot.

A year later I begged my parents to buy me Omega Ruby because I enjoyed X and desperately wanna play the sequel.

I got really lucky with a Wonder Trade few months ago and received a Ditto which had perfect IVs according to the stats judge (I could pretty much make any team I want for BS now, minus the legendaries).

The links on PS led me to this forum and I decided to register here to see what the forum is like lol.

English isn’t my first language btw.
The only person I know from PS is “qtrx”, who seems to be friendly. c:

I spend most of my free time playing Battle Spot (or Battle Maison on a bad day) or breed stuff, if my 3DS is charging I would study while listening to music or watch anime.

I have Wartortle, Azumarill and Octillery in my Friend Safari on X if anyone cares.

That’s all for now I guess.

tl;dr

Hi! I’m Bobo! c: kthxbai.

Hello! I'm Matt_192 (I believe my current name is VGCSandstorm but I've requested a change) and I signed up to Smogon a number of years ago, but never really got into it fully. Just before ORAS came out, just before July, I joined another site (http://www.perfectpokemon.com) and became a mod there, but recently I've decided to take another shot at Smogon.

I've been using Showdown for many years but probably started playing Competitive back in 2012 where I picked up VGC and OU, although it took me a while to really get into Singles. I've finished 21st and 20th at UK Nationals in '13 and '14, but I've taken a break this year to concentrate on exams and other forms of play.

I've had many ideas for the development of PP in my time as mod, but I've come here to see if I can really contribute anything to the Analysis section. I've got pretty tired of OU lately so I've been getting interested with other lower tiers, particularly NU, so I hope that I can be of assistance to the growth of the tier itself. I also have my own Showdown server!

I don't particularly ladder much, as I mainly prefer to teambuild and do theorymoning, but my ladder peak has probably been around 1500-1600, I can't really remember :p Anyways, thanks for reading and I hope to stay active this time!

Last edited:
My mom keeps forcing me to drink milk (coz apparently it helps with body growth or something). =w=

One time I was out at the supermarket with her and I saw flavored milk (MEGMILK), the packaging was really cute which also came with stickers so I took an interest in it and later found out it was called Pokemon.

I received a 3DS along with Pokemon X for Christmas back in 2013, it was the best day ever lol.

After I completed the game I went onto the online side of things because that’s pretty much the only thing left to do after you finish with the post elite four stuff.

Diving into Battle Spot and getting owned was a really bad experience for me so I started doing some research online to find out more about the game.

Then I learned about the breeding and individual values and that’s when things became clear why my opponent keeps moving before my Greninja.

I started to get bored of the game because breeding for online battling was tedious and the battles were ridiculous, seeing how luck is a huge part of the game (more so in 3v3s) and the amount of non Japanese players on BS is way too low.

By googling “pokemon battles online” was how I found Showdown! (I was extremely happy coz everything was ready in front of me, no breeding!) After making an account there I pretty much just watch people play because I wanna get more experience by watching how other people play, and see what kind of teams are used on Showdown Battle Spot.

A year later I begged my parents to buy me Omega Ruby because I enjoyed X and desperately wanna play the sequel.

I got really lucky with a Wonder Trade few months ago and received a Ditto which had perfect IVs according to the stats judge (I could pretty much make any team I want for BS now, minus the legendaries).

The links on PS led me to this forum and I decided to register here to see what the forum is like lol.

English isn’t my first language btw.
The only person I know from PS is “qtrx”, who seems to be friendly. c:

I spend most of my free time playing Battle Spot (or Battle Maison on a bad day) or breed stuff, if my 3DS is charging I would study while listening to music or watch anime.

I have Wartortle, Azumarill and Octillery in my Friend Safari on X if anyone cares.

That’s all for now I guess.

tl;dr

Hi! I’m Bobo! c: kthxbai.
Sup Bobo! Sweet introduction. Too bad I associate milk with bad things... When I was little I accidentally dropped my Pokémon Gold cartridge in my glass of milk; it broke D:

Anyhow, Smogon is definitely the right place for you, considering you want to learn more about the competitive side of Pokémon. I also hang a lot on Battle Spot. Maybe we have even battled before without us knowing.

Good to know that you're willing to learn. If you have a question regarding anything basically, you can always PM me. Maybe we can be friends! Make sure to have fun around here bud :)

Hello! I'm Matt_192 (I believe my current name is VGCSandstorm but I've requested a change) and I signed up to Smogon a number of years ago, but never really got into it fully. Just before ORAS came out, just before July, I joined another site (http://www.perfectpokemon.com) and became a mod there, but recently I've decided to take another shot at Smogon.

I've been using Showdown for many years but probably started playing Competitive back in 2012 where I picked up VGC and OU, although it took me a while to really get into Singles. I've finished 21st and 20th at UK Nationals in '13 and '14, but I've taken a break this year to concentrate on exams and other forms of play.

I've had many ideas for the development of PP in my time as mod, but I've come here to see if I can really contribute anything to the Analysis section. I've got pretty tired of OU lately so I've been getting interested with other lower tiers, particularly NU, so I hope that I can be of assistance to the growth of the tier itself. I also have my own Showdown server!

I don't particularly ladder much, as I mainly prefer to teambuild and do theorymoning, but my ladder peak has probably been around 1500-1600, I can't really remember :p Anyways, thanks for reading and I hope to stay active this time!
Hey man, welcome. I consider 1600 as quite decent. Also, I think that it's a good thing that you're willing to contribute to Smogon. The more contributors, the better.

Since you're kind of familiar with Pokémon forums already, I guess I don't need to show you around. I hope you enjoy your time on Smogon ^_^/

hello, i'm new to smogon. i hope this will teach me a lot.
Hey Devon, welcome. Smogon WILL teach you a lot, trust me. It's up to you and your dedication how much you're going to learn. What aspects of Pokémon are you really interested in? Maybe I can show you around a bit. If you have any specific questions for now, make sure to check out the Have a Question? Ask it here! thread, or just PM me.

Peace! c:

Hey Guy!! Welcome to Smogon. I have been on PS for about a good 2 years. I have LC and NU there and My UU and OU team on Wifi. I look forward to seeing you guys in a battle... maybe be rivals lol. Or not.. Xd

hello, i'm new to smogon. i hope this will teach me a lot.
Hey Devon, Good luck in your quest man. Believe it or not, I used to be the go-to person a while back on Friendcodes. If you ever need some help with something, Im here!

Last edited by a moderator:

Sebberball

formerly BoXeD
Well I may not be new to smogom, I might as well introduce my self, I'm BoxedOccaBerrys, also know as BoB, Boxed,
Occa, and BoxedSkrubs... I'm a self proclaimed Balanced Hackmons master, and Classic Hackmons master, so I dont want to be taken seriously :) nice to meet you all, and I hope you will all laugh at my posts on the forums :3

QueBien

Well I may not be new to smogom, I might as well introduce my self, I'm BoxedOccaBerrys, also know as BoB, Boxed,
Occa, and BoxedSkrubs... I'm a self proclaimed Balanced Hackmons master, and Classic Hackmons master, so I dont want to be taken seriously :) nice to meet you all, and I hope you will all laugh at my posts on the forums :3
Hi BoxedOccaBerrys!
Or should I say, Bob? I play Balanced Hackmons every once in a while, but I'm not too great at it. It is still really fun, though, as you never know what you may see (besides Imposter Chansey and Sturdninja :l ). I don't, however, play Classic Hackmons, as I just can't imagine a metagame with Wonder Guard and Huge Power allowed. I usually play OU, which I'm decent at, and 1v1, which is the tier I most often play. I assume you know about the Questions threads, so I'll just say, enjoy the rest of your stay here!

Hi, I'm Nayr1230. I've been playing Pokémon since I was 5 years old when Pokémon Red and Blue came out, but I didn't start playing competitively until Wifi battles for Diamond and Pearl.

I was a member of a small forum for a long time where I was one of the best battlers there (a lot of people attempted to innovate sets or just used weird spreads), and I was familiar with Smogon but was intimidated by the idea of being a member at the time and so I used it more as a reference. I changed forums when the old one died, and had a "big fish little pond" complex where suddenly I wasn't the best battler anymore. I got really into DPP's UU meta, and played for a few months before life got in the way.

I tried to get back into competitive battling with BW, but I hated a lot of the new Pokémon and didn't really enjoy the meta. When XY came out, I finally decided to try Showdown. Again, life got in the way, and I just started back recently a few months ago and actually got a forum account this time.

When I started playing ORAS on Showdown, I initially began in RU, but have slowly trickled down to NU, and finally PU. PU I think is where I'm best, and I really enjoy the Pokémon there even if I think the meta is a bit stagnant at the moment.

Anyway, that's me. Nice to meet you :D

QueBien

Hi, I'm Nayr1230. I've been playing Pokémon since I was 5 years old when Pokémon Red and Blue came out, but I didn't start playing competitively until Wifi battles for Diamond and Pearl.

I was a member of a small forum for a long time where I was one of the best battlers there (a lot of people attempted to innovate sets or just used weird spreads), and I was familiar with Smogon but was intimidated by the idea of being a member at the time and so I used it more as a reference. I changed forums when the old one died, and had a "big fish little pond" complex where suddenly I wasn't the best battler anymore. I got really into DPP's UU meta, and played for a few months before life got in the way.

I tried to get back into competitive battling with BW, but I hated a lot of the new Pokémon and didn't really enjoy the meta. When XY came out, I finally decided to try Showdown. Again, life got in the way, and I just started back recently a few months ago and actually got a forum account this time.

When I started playing ORAS on Showdown, I initially began in RU, but have slowly trickled down to NU, and finally PU. PU I think is where I'm best, and I really enjoy the Pokémon there even if I think the meta is a bit stagnant at the moment.

Anyway, that's me. Nice to meet you :D
Hey there Nayr1230!
Great you decided to join! I've been playing casually since a couple of years back, but I found PS! thanks to a friend only last year. My first game I played was Emerald, and it's still my favorite game of the series to date. I play Wi-Fi battles occasionally when I play Y or AS, but I usually just try to fill up my Pokedex. I actually enjoy creating my own sets rather than using the sets in the Smogon Dex, as it makes the game more interesting in my opinion. Yep, we do have a lot of great battles, but I'm sure if you put enough effort into your battling, you can get up there, too! Since I joined around the release of XY, I really haven't looked at the BW tiers much. I usually stick with my main three tiers (OU, 1v1, Random Battles). You can find me in the Other Metas room whenever I do get on Showdown. Random Battles were my first battles when I joined, and I enjoy the concept of them. I think I'm best at 1v1, but OU is not far behind; however, I'm only average, I guess, nothing more. :p Have a great time on the site!

Thank you! I've tried OU in the past but I enjoyed the lower metas more. I'm trying to explore NU some more because I really like some of the Pokémon there.

Hey, I'm Regera.

I just joined Smogon a couple of minutes ago. I've lurked here a couple of times but didn't get around to registering an account, but to be honest I don't know what took so long; the community here seems so great and I can't wait to get involved! I love Pokemon: ever since I played HG & SS I've been hooked. I also have a deep passion for cars, hence the avatar (and some of you petrol heads may know where the name comes from too). Anyway, I'm excited to see what Smogon will be like as a fully-fledged member, so hey!

Hey, I'm Regera.

I just joined Smogon a couple of minutes ago. I've lurked here a couple of times but didn't get around to registering an account, but to be honest I don't know what took so long; the community here seems so great and I can't wait to get involved! I love Pokemon: ever since I played HG & SS I've been hooked. I also have a deep passion for cars, hence the avatar (and some of you petrol heads may know where the name comes from too). Anyway, I'm excited to see what Smogon will be like as a fully-fledged member, so hey!
Hello and welcome to Smogon Regera
Most people start by lurking, so you're not alone on that. If you want to get involved, just figure out where you want to be, lurk some more there to figure out what the standards are there, and slowly make yourself feel home and start posting your opinions. Always remember to read the rules specific for the sub-forum you are on. I like cars too, what is your dream car? Mine is maybe Camaro. If you have any questions check out the various SQSA threads on the site, or feel free to pm me. Have fun :)

Hello and welcome to Smogon Regera
Most people start by lurking, so you're not alone on that. If you want to get involved, just figure out where you want to be, lurk some more there to figure out what the standards are there, and slowly make yourself feel home and start posting your opinions. Always remember to read the rules specific for the sub-forum you are on. I like cars too, what is your dream car? Mine is maybe Camaro. If you have any questions check out the various SQSA threads on the site, or feel free to pm me. Have fun :)
Thanks for your advice - I'll certainly take it on board :). As for my dream car... I'd have to say a Porsche 918 Spyder.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)