Project Counter That Pokemon! [Battle Time!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
As of now team 2 has been straight up offensive. Anything that kills momentum looks like a bad choice to me.

Mega Lopunny: One of the best mon's in in OU, can't really do anything wrong here tbh. Kills bisharp, has great synergy with Victini and Drag. One issue I have with Mega Lop is, every time Victini comes in, he is forced to use U turn; stacking rocky helmet and rocks damage while Team 2 has nothing that even remotely likes coming into Chomp's stabs. Couple that with rocky helmet damage, bisharp will soon be able to pick her off with sucker punch. Still a great pick if we do not fancy any other mega in the future picks.

Bisharp: Yeah there can not be enough Bisharp. Given Chomp set is rather problematic tho.

Landorus-T: My own nom. Its advantage is being able to come in on Chomp and set rocks. Eq weakness is an issue that has to be dealt with, if not now then in the next pick. Lando-T can't and doesn't need to switch in to Gengar, Dragalase(God I cant spell this thing) is already taking care of that. On the other hand, knock off means one wrong predict, and Team-1's got a dead Gengar. He can beat Bisharp as well, unless he is severly weakened. U turn is for providing momentum, has good synergy with Victini and Drag. Lando-T is like a blanket check to all 3 and counter to none; which at this point of team bulding is more useful in my opinion.

Skarmory: I feel its a little too passive. I mean its certainly great at countering the things it does, but that is to be expected from a stall mon. Killing momentum does not bode well for this team. Lead hazard set would've been better maybe, idk.

Keldeo: The moment I submitted Bisharp in the previous slate, this was brought up Eraxxer; and for good reason too. That's actually one of the reason's I did not nominate Pony myself. Keldeo is such a great mon, and it can make Team 1 regret every time they send out Bisharp. As of now, Keldeo can and will Ohko the whole Team-1. It will be getting my vote.

Mandibuzz: Its a lot like Skarmory, but even better in that it also beats Gengar. Definitely a great headache for this core. Defogging in the face of all three means, all the hazard shenanigans so far may just fall flat on its face in front of Mandy. Problem is, its a huge fairy bait and momentum killer, just like Skarmory.

Mega Alakazam: I gotta admit, Sub Zam creates serious offensive pressure. Can ohko all of the 3 if he comes out on top in the mind game. Tho I would recommend suggesting this later; since its main job is revenge killing and we need to be sure what we are revenge killing.

Chesnaught: One of the only few mons in OU whose entire moveset gives Gengar a free switch-in. I do not think Team 2 can afford that.

Mamoswine: Mamo is as awkward as always. It can kill all 3 of them, but dies to them as well. I think its best to hold of Mamo until they pick a dd dragon. I'm not sure picking yet another rocks weak mon is a good idea either.

Nice nominations overall. Whichever one gets picked, its gonna be great.

This calculation worries me a little:

240 Atk Life Orb Mamoswine Earthquake vs. 248 HP / 0+ Def Mega Scizor: 144-172 (41.9 - 50.1%) -- 88.3% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
240 Atk Mamoswine Earthquake vs. 248 HP / 0+ Def Mega Scizor: 111-132 (32.3 - 38.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock

How does Azu gets a free set-up when EQ takes more than 50% off it?
240 Atk Life Orb Mamoswine Earthquake vs. 92 HP / 0 Def Azumarill: 253-300 (69.5 - 82.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
240 Atk Mamoswine Earthquake vs. 92 HP / 0 Def Azumarill: 195-231 (53.5 - 63.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
Yeah, I did think of mega scizor but the problem is, both victini and whatever we pick next can deal with that, and I didn't mean to Azu, I was in a rush so it was a mistake :)

Last edited:
Mega Lopunny: One of the best mon's in in OU, can't really do anything wrong here tbh. Kills bisharp, has great synergy with Victini and Drag. One issue I have with Mega Lop is, every time Victini comes in, he is forced to use U turn; stacking rocky helmet and rocks damage while Team 2 has nothing that even remotely likes coming into Chomp's stabs. Couple that with rocky helmet damage, bisharp will soon be able to pick her off with sucker punch. Still a great pick if we do not fancy any other mega in the future picks.
What do you mean, every time Victini comes in, it is forced to U-Turn if we pick Mega Lop? We can pack something else that resists Ground / Dragon on the next pick.

Bisharp: Yeah there can not be enough Bisharp. Given Chomp set is rather problematic tho.
I dunno about that. Both Victini and Bisharp can overload Garchomp with their powerful attacks since Chomp's only method of recovery is Rest. It is also not too hard to wall.

Landorus-T: My own nom. Its advantage is being able to come in on Chomp and set rocks. Eq weakness is an issue that has to be dealt with, if not now then in the next pick. Lando-T can't and doesn't need to switch in to Gengar, Dragalase(God I cant spell this thing) is already taking care of that. On the other hand, knock off means one wrong predict, and Team-1's got a dead Gengar. He can beat Bisharp as well, unless he is severly weakened. U turn is for providing momentum, has good synergy with Victini and Drag. Lando-T is like a blanket check to all 3 and counter to none; which at this point of team bulding is more useful in my opinion.
The following calculations show that Lando-T can't come in safely at all
+1 252+ Atk Bisharp Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 168+ Def Landorus-T: 211-250 (55.2 - 65.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
+1 252+ Atk Bisharp Sucker Punch vs. 252 HP / 168+ Def Landorus-T: 175-207 (45.8 - 54.1%) -- 4.7% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

As for the others, I agree with you. Keldeo is probably the best pick this round imo.

What do you mean, every time Victini comes in, it is forced to U-Turn if we pick Mega Lop? We can pack something else that resists Ground / Dragon on the next pick.
Here's the situation. Say turn 1 Team 2 has Victini out while Team 1 has Gengar. Now Team 1 has the safe option of sending out Garchomp. If Team 2 goes for anything other than U turn, Victini ends up doing little bit of damage to Garchomp while taking rocky helmet damage. The next turn Chomp can either setup rocks or hit the switch with eq or dragon tail. So U turning out is always the safest option. Lopunny, mega or not, does not like switching in to eq or dragon tail while Drag just dies. Even as you are u turning out, u are getting worn down by hazards and rocky helmet. Whats worse, once hazards are up, Chomp can keep shuffling the team or hit them hard until Lopunny-M does not come out. This is where Landorus-T has his advantage. He does not fear anything Chomp has. Of course we can pick a Chomp counter in the next pick, in that case it just become's a matter of what we want to handle now and what we want to handle later.

I dunno about that. Both Victini and Bisharp can overload Garchomp with their powerful attacks since Chomp's only method of recovery is Rest. It is also not too hard to wall.
What I intended to point out is that, Bisharp is not countering Garchomp, instead he is the one getting countered by Garchomp. You are right that Victini and Bisharp can whittle down Chomp, and thats how offensive synergie works. On the other hand, picking Bisharp means 3 eq weak pokemon for Team 2. That seems like a problem to me. Even if we pick a ground resist/ immune in the latter picks, said Ground immune/ resist will be too much pressured to switch in to all the ground attackers, of which there are many. Also Team 1 could possibly get a celric and make the wearing down part much much harder.

The following calculations show that Lando-T can't come in safely at all
+1 252+ Atk Bisharp Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 168+ Def Landorus-T: 211-250 (55.2 - 65.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
+1 252+ Atk Bisharp Sucker Punch vs. 252 HP / 168+ Def Landorus-T: 175-207 (45.8 - 54.1%) -- 4.7% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

As for the others, I agree with you. Keldeo is probably the best pick this round imo.
I did not say Landorus-T can come in safely and neither can Mega Lopunny. But it does beat Bisharp 1v1. Like I've said, Lando-T is sort of a blanket check against Team 1. He comes in for free against chomp and suddenly Team 1 is in a pickle. Lando-T sets up rocks, wears Garchomp down, threatens Gengar with knock off and beats bisharp comfortably.

Team 1 picked both Bisharp and Garchomp in their previous turn, and Team 2 hasn't had the opportunity to counter either. I hope everyone is focusing on not only Bisharp but also Garchomp as well.

Submission Period is now over. Voting has begun!
  1. Users with fewer than 25 posts will not be allowed to vote. This is to prevent people from making alts or getting their friends to join in order to manipulate the votes.
  2. To avoid vote bandwagoning, please PM me your votes.
  3. You are allowed to vote for your own submission.
Voters will pick their two favorite submissions. A ballot should look something like this.

Tyranitar
Azumarill

Each Pokemon will receive votes based on their position in the ballot. To use the above example, Tyranitar will receive 2 votes, and Azumarill will receive 1 vote.

At the end of the voting period, the Pokemon with the most votes will become the first Pokemon on Team 1.

Candidates:
wow that's a lot of nominations O.O

Voting will end on May 18th.

Feel free to continue discussing candidates until the 18th.

Last edited:
Team 2's third mon is Keldeo!

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Icy Wind

We're officially halfway through the teambuilding process. Things are coming along really well so far :)

Nominations are for Team 2's fourth Pokemon. Voting will start on the 23rd.

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 112 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Slack Off
- Stone Edge

It's about time Team 2 picks a Rocks setter. Mixed Hippowdon is one of the sturdiest Pokemon in OU and can take on Bisharp and Garchomp easily while also being able to survive 1 hit from Gengar. Furthermore, Hippo can patch up the weakness to Bird Spam and physical sweepers. It also allows for a Sand Rush Excadrill pick (which will easily clean Team 1 when Garchomp is weakened). However, picking Hippo opens the team to Manaphy who can clean everything after a boost if Victini is knocked out.

Keldeo just too good to pass up as always.

Looking at the current state of Team 2, existing issues are:

1. Hazard Removal: Team 2 is still very much prone to it, and team 1 have strong counter measures against hazard removal.
2. Bird Spam: Unresisted so far. Lack of of physical bulk in Team 2 does not help either.
3. Ground Weakness: Landorus-I is the main culprit here, they already have Chomp. Anything else has bad synergy though.
4. Psychic and/or Dragon Types: Lati@s(Mega/Non Mega), Dragonite, Mega Gallade, Slowking, Slowbro, Victini etc.
5. Lack of Team 2's own hazards

Hopefully I haven't missed anything.

Considering all that, I nominate defensive Zapdos as fourth pokemon for Team 2. Zapdos ticks quite a few of the boxes for Team 2. He is one of the few mons who can remove hazards in front of these mons and still come out on top. Zappy can come in on Garchomp, defog away the hazards and ohko Bisharp should he get to +2 while surviving a sucker punch. Zapdos also provide a bird spam check, a ground immune, a check to Landorus-I, Mega Gallade, Slowbro and Slowking. The downside is, the Eon twins and dragonite can come in with ease and proceed to boost/ohko the whole team. So thats something that will have to be taken account for in the final picks if Zapdos gets voted.

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 176 Def / 68 SpA / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Heat Wave
- Roost
- Defog

Standard physically defensive Zapdos set. 16 speed is run to outspeed Adamant Bisharp. SpA evs guarantees ohko on the birds.

+2 252+ Atk Black Glasses Bisharp Sucker Punch vs. 252 HP / 168+ Def Zapdos: 291-343 (75.7 - 89.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
68 SpA Zapdos Heat Wave vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Bisharp: 236-278 (86.7 - 102.2%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO

Last edited:

bludz

a waffle is like a pancake with a syrup trap
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
So yeah Team 2 has no SR, removal, or ground immunities yet. I still think Weavile would be an amazing choice as it straight up shits on Team 1, but I'm going to make a nom that provides better synergy for Team 2. Scarftar would also be pretty good IMO as it checks Gengar, provides pursuit support for Keldeo and potentially beats either Bisharp or Garchomp depending on choice of final move (Superpower/EQ or Scarf Ice Beam yolo)

Landorus @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Landorus is able to OHKO every member of Team 1 with one of its respective moves, while also setting up Stealth Rocks and providing 2 nice immunities for the team. Knock Off also bodies regular switch-ins such as Latis which would otherwise check Keldeo pretty well. U-Turn is also a really neat option that we could consider over Knock Off to form a U-turn core and also would help with pursuit trapping which is a very viable option at this point

One downside is that knowing Landorus' moveset will allow Team 1 to respond accordingly.

I also think that Team 2 should consider a Hyper Offense approach without hazard removal because F Bisharp. We can revisit this later depending on if Team 1 adds more hazard stackers, but considering Team 2 already has Toxic Spikes it doesn't really want to Defog its own hazards either and Gengar can potentially spinblock as well.

Last edited:
Again, not many nominations this time.

Mixed Hippo : I simply nominated this one due to it being a nice blanket check to many prominent threats such as Charizard-X, Mega Manectric and bird spam while also countering Garchomp and Bisharp. Hippo also provides Stealth Rock and Volt Switch immunity, which are useful to have on every team. The low Speed might be a drawback though as the opponent can Spin or Defog on it easier. Sand Stream is also a double-edged sword. It's typing also opens the team to a big Starmie weakness.

Physically Def Zapdos : One of the Defoggers who can take on Bisharp (with proper prediction as SR and a +2 Sucker Punch kills). It can also check bird spam and provide a nice Ground immunity and Fighting resist. However, this compounds the Charizard-X weakness.

SR Lando : A second part of the infamous "Keldeo + Lando + Ttar" core from Gen 5. Provides much more offensive pressure but being frail, is more difficult to keep around than Hippo. Also has the Ground and Electric immunity while also providing Rocks. This also opens a weakness to Starmie (although Ttar owns it).

bludz

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
If it weren't for the ground weakness I would have nominated Mega Diancie since it really destroys Team 1 and also provides a pseudo hazard control which could be nice considering Spinners can get blocked by Gengar & Garchomp (Rocky Helm + Rough Skin is a psuedo spin block) and Bisharp discourages Defoggers.

If it weren't for the ground weakness I would have nominated Mega Diancie since it really destroys Team 1 and also provides a pseudo hazard control which could be nice considering Spinners can get blocked by Gengar & Garchomp (Rocky Helm + Rough Skin is a psuedo spin block) and Bisharp discourages Defoggers.
Yup the Ground weakness is really starting to be a problem which is why I like the Lando nomination and I nominated Hippo (which doesn't resist Ground but has the bulk to shrug it off). I am just starting to be concerned about the Water weakness (and Starmie weakness) since it outspeeds everything and KOes with it's STAB moves (Victini needs a Scarf to outspeed and can't switch in). Starmie can also spin away the hazards which Team 2 sets so ...

1. Users with fewer than 25 posts will not be allowed to vote. This is to prevent people from making alts or getting their friends to join in order to manipulate the votes.
Voters will pick their two favorite submissions. A ballot should look something like this.

Tyranitar
Azumarill

Each Pokemon will receive votes based on their position in the ballot. To use the above example, Tyranitar will receive 2 votes, and Azumarill will receive 1 vote.

At the end of the voting period, the Pokemon with the most votes will become the first Pokemon on Team 1.

Candidates:

Voting will end on May 25th.

Feel free to continue discussing candidates until the 25th.

Landorus is going to take Team 2's fourth slot!

Landorus @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Ice]

It's time for Team 1's fourth mon to be chosen. Nominations end May 30th.

Gyarados @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Careful Nature
- Waterfall
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Thunder Wave

I'm really tempted to go bulky DD Dos here as it can take hits from Keldeo and Landorus quite comfortably. Unfortunately, Keldeo happens to carry the broken move "Scald" so I changed Gyara to a SpD set instead. With this spread, Gyarados counters both Keldeo and Landorus-I and can switch into Victini, provided it doesn't use Bolt Strike. Not too sure what to put in the last slot so putting in the boring Thunder Wave which cripples any Pokemon that tries anything funny.

EDIT: Whoever wants to submit nominations for the team, I would advise them to include a nomination which can deal with Tyranitar, Weavile or Bisharp which are good partners to the Keldeo+Lando core. And I just noticed a huge Mega Ttar weakness.

Last edited:

Alright, so here is Mega Latias!

Latias @ Latiasite
Ability: Leviatate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Def
Modest Nature
- Psyshock
- Defog
- Roost
- Draco Meteor

So, its pretty simple. Mega Latias is a surefire counter to everything Team 2 has got at this point. Don't believe me? Here are some calcs:
252 Atk Victini U-turn vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Mega Latias: 110-130 (30.3 - 35.8%) -- 33.1% chance to 3HKO
252 Atk Victini V-create vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Mega Latias: 105-123 (28.9 - 33.8%) -- 1.4% chance to 3HKO
4 Atk Life Orb Landorus Knock Off vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Mega Latias: 127-151 (34.9 - 41.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Landorus Hidden Power Ice vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Mega Latias: 112-133 (30.8 - 36.6%) -- 51.2% chance to 3HKO
0 SpA Dragalge Draco Meteor vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Mega Latias: 192-228 (52.8 - 62.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO - Can roost off damage.
252 SpA Choice Specs Keldeo Icy Wind vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Mega Latias: 126-150 (34.7 - 41.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

So as you can see, it walls all of team 2. Now as for offensive calcs, lets see how it destroys team 2.

252 SpA Mega Latias Psyshock vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Keldeo: 302-356 (93.4 - 110.2%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO
252 SpA Mega Latias Draco Meteor vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Landorus: 301-355 (94.3 - 111.2%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO
252 SpA Mega Latias Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 236 SpD Dragalge: 312-368 (93.4 - 110.1%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO
252 SpA Mega Latias Draco Meteor vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Victini: 225-265 (65.9 - 77.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

So, it reliably counters all members of Team 2, and provides Defog support.

EDIT At Below: Its fine because we are posting two different sets.

Last edited:
Mega Latias

Latias @ Latiasite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 212 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Roost
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Stored Power
This thing can easily beat everything in Team 2 and sets up on a fair few. The only thing it really fears is Dragalge's Draco but, well:

+1 0 SpA Mega Latias Stored Power (60 BP) vs. 248 HP / 232+ SpD Dragalge: 164-194 (49.2 - 58.2%) -- 58.6% chance to 2HKO after Black Sludge recovery

0 SpA Adaptability Dragalge Draco Meteor vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Mega Latias: 256-304 (70.5 - 83.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

0 SpA Adaptability Dragalge Draco Meteor vs. +1 248 HP / 0 SpD Mega Latias: 172-204 (47.3 - 56.1%) -- 76.6% chance to 2HKO

252 SpA Choice Specs Keldeo Icy Wind vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Mega Latias: 126-150 (34.7 - 41.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

It doesn't fear anything and straight up beats all of team 2.

Last edited:
Again, not many nominations this time. Guess people are busy laddering for the Suspect Ladder.

SpD Gyarados : I nominated this because it completely walls both Keldeo and Landorus as well as Victini (as long as it isn't using Bolt Strike). Waterfall and Thunder Wave also screws over many Team 2's Pokemon (except Dragalge which is already checked by Garchomp and Bisharp). It needs hazards support due to being weak to Stealth Rock though.

Defog Latias-M: I am not completely sure what benchmarks the EVs hit (quagback2qc can you explain it to me?) but it does what it's supposed to do - counters all of Team 2 and provides hazard removal. However, it screams "Mega Tyranitar bait" and "Mega Scizor bait", among others and since the team is already very weak to Ttar (yes, I'm paranoid about Mega Ttar after being swept by one recently) I'm not sure giving it a free switch-in is a good idea.

CM Latias-M: Both Latias-M counters Team 2 and this one has HP Fighting (screw Ttar). The EVs also allows Latias-M to speed creep Jolly base 70s (such as Breloom and Bisharp). Eraxxer sorry to bother you but do you mind increasing the Speed EV a bit (to 44 Spe) so that Latias-M outspeeds Jolly Mega Ttar before a Dragon Dance (I forgot that Ttar-M has 71 Speed instead of 70 )? I don't think there's any higher benchmark we need to aim for on this Latias (unless we are afraid of Toxic Excadrill or Jolly SD Scizor-M).

bludz

Okay I have a nomination:

Celebi @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 52 Def / 96 SpD / 108 Spe
Calm Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Recover
- Giga Drain
- Baton Pass

Celebi hard counters Keldeo - the EV spread allows it to survive the 2HKO from Specs Icy Wind after Stealth Rocks with Sandstorm in play. It also reliably takes on Landorus which lacks Sludge Wave. Thunder Wave cripples incoming Victini switch-ins and any potential pursuit trappers Team 2 decides to employ. Baton Pass would help with momentum and help to get Gengar and Bisharp in more easily, while Healing Wish could be used to restore another team member to full HP.

Unfortunately this leaves Team 1 even weaker to Weavile, but that's nearly unavoidable when trying to pack a counter to Keldeo.

Last edited:

Celebi @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Recover
- Giga Drain
- Baton Pass / Healing Wish
Can't believe I missed this while thinking of a way to check Lando + Keldeo. It isn't weak to Rocks and can Recover, which gives it an edge over Gyarados. However, because Grass isn't a good STAB option as it allows Scizor, Tyranitar, Victini, etc. to come in easily and only has Thunder Wave to deter them. I do agree that BP should be on the set to escape from Pursuit and give other team members a safe switch-in if needed.

bludz

Yeah lol, I think it's sort of a knee jerk reaction for people to look for somewhat random shit to counter Landorus, but considering we know its set, we have a few more options (i.e. Togekiss, although it's not as good of a Keldeo check + Rocks weak).

Either way I agree about the unfortunate STAB for this situation but that's why I tossed on Thunder Wave. Fortunately Celebi is bulky enough to take Pursuits from Scarf Tyranitar even without a ton of investment. Banded Tyranitar isn't really looking like an option for Team 2 because its outsped by Gengar and Celebi can BP out. Really gonna need something for Weavile though if we go with Celebi (though twaving on the switch aint too bad, but still), your nom of Gyarados definitely handles Weav a bit better. HP Fighting Mega Lati can also take 1 hit and KO in response although its not switching in

Celebi @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Recover
- Giga Drain
- Baton Pass / Healing Wish

Celebi hard counters Keldeo - the EV spread allows it to survive the 2HKO from Specs Icy Wind after Stealth Rocks with Sandstorm in play. It also reliably takes on Landorus which lacks Sludge Wave. Thunder Wave cripples incoming Victini switch-ins and any potential pursuit trappers Team 2 decides to employ. Baton Pass would help with momentum and help to get Gengar and Bisharp in more easily, while Healing Wish could be used to restore another team member to full HP.

Unfortunately this leaves Team 1 even weaker to Weavile, but that's nearly unavoidable when trying to pack a counter to Keldeo.
I think Baton Pass is the stronger option of the two, seeing as Chomp has it's own form of recovery and allowing Gengar more switch in opportunities is never a bad thing. I also might change the spread to accommodate the damage from Draglage's Toxic Spikes, since there's a very real chance that they might be on the field when Keldeo comes in, on top of potential Rocks and sandstorm damage. Excellent nomination overall, though.

Also, last call for nominations.

I was thinking about a nomination for a hour, then Starmie finally popped into my head!

Starmie @ Life Orb
Evs: 244 HP / 128 Def / 136 Spe
IVs: 0 Atk
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Rapid Spin
- Recover

Team 2 is extremely weak to Starmie, as it can spin away team 2 TS and deal heavy damage to everything team 2 has and also to Ttar and Weavile.Scald is Scald, Psyshock is for Dragalge among others, Rapid Spin to spin away hazards and Recover so starmie is not worn down. Weird EVs actually work good in the current meta, and also for CTP, means that starmie can avoid the 2HKO from Ttars Pursuit if it doesnt switch out and 136 speed creeps the 100 tier Pokemon. On the Ttar subject, it means Starmie beats Scarftar if it the battler has good prediction, If it pursuits, and Star stays in, then Starmie beats it but if it switches, it doesn't, as for crunch, the table is vice versa.

Last edited:

Tyranitar
Azumarill

Candidates:

Voting will end on June 1st.

Feel free to continue discussing candidates until the 1st.

I was thinking about a nomination for a hour, then Starmie finally popped into my head!

Starmie @ Life Orb
Evs: 252 Sp Atk / 4 Sp Def / 252 Spe
IVs: 0 Atk
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Rapid Spin
- Recover

Team 2 is extremely weak to Starmie, as it can spin away team 2 TS and deal heavy damage to everything team 2 has and also to Ttar and Weavile.Scald is Scald, Psyshock is for Dragalge among others, Rapid Spin to spin away hazards and Recover so starmie is not worn down. Busy nnow Ill add more later gtg.
Erm, sorry if I'm too direct here but Recover on an offensive Starmie is kinda bad because without investment in bulk, Starmie is extremely frail and will likely lose more health to hits than Recover can heal. Instead, it would prefer another coverage move. When I look at the moves, I think you're trying to use the defensive Starmie set (which is a reliable spinner) but uses the items and EV spread of the offensive spinner ; which makes it something of a middle ground between offensive and defensive. Unfortunately, this causes Starmie to have weaker coverage moves and doesn't have the bulk to live hits and Recover to a decent health for a spin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)