Arceus-Electric

[OVERVIEW]

• Has the the same movepool and great stats as all Arceus formes
  • Easily walled by Primal Groudon
  • Electric has a lack of resistances
  • Many Ubers resist Electric Arceus's STAB
  • Weak to ground, a very common offensive type
  • Soft check to Primal Kyogre and Flying -types
  • A great niche it has is being one of the few special Arceus formes to not be walled by Ho-Oh
  • Hates toxic and must avoid it

[SET]
name: Support
move 1: Judgment
move 2: Recover
move 3: Toxic
move 4: Will-o-wisp
ability: Multitype
item: Zap Plate
evs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 176 Spe
nature: Timid Nature

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

• Judgment is the strongest reliable stab move
  • Recover keeps healthy and helps with longevity
  • Toxic is to spread status and to cripple Primal Groudon, latias, and latios
  • Will-o-wisp is to help check physical attackers

Set Details
========

• 252 HP allows for great mixed bulk
  • 80 Def helps with checking physical threats such as Mega Salamence
  • 176 Spe with a timid nature to outspeed all max speed base 110s
  • max speed gives up bulk but it can speed tie with Mega Salamence and other Arceus formes

Usage Tips
========

• Spread status and cripple switch ins with toxic and Will-o-wisp
  • Checks Mega Salamence with Will-o-wisp
  • Checks Ho-oh with flying resist and electric stab

Team Options
========

• Latios
  • Latias
  • Mega Salamence
  • Gira-O
  • Xerneas
  • Primal Kyogre
  • Primal Groudon

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
########

• Offensive set: Calm mind/Judgment/Ice beam/ Earth Power

Checks & Counters
########

• Primal Groudon
  • Latias
  • Latios
  • Ekiler
  • Arceus-Ground
  • Ferrothorn

Last edited:

mags

Banned deucer.
I think I'm ready for QC... I was questionable about making the 2nd set when the it really only has a 1 move difference from the 1st set but the evs are totally different so i decided just to do it.

cm blows. you're either walled hopelessly by pdon or lati@s and both of them are far too common to warrant using this poke

the best set i can think of is dual status

judgment / toxic / wow / recover with a bulkier spread

this threatens all the possible switch ins and makes arc electric not a complete sitting duck when you use it for a ho-oh check / flying resist. with wisp, it can even live a +1 mence eq and wisp it.

Fireburn Sweep thoughts?

I have not even touched this Pokemon in ORAS, but your reasoning is good so I approve of dual status being the only set. List offensive CM instead of max HP CM in Other Options, as it can give Latios a hard time at +1 and dents Primal Groudon switches with Earth Power. Max HP loses to far too much; it can't do anything vs. stall, it is overwhelmed by offensive teams due to being impacted by all hazards / only one useful resistance, and balance teams often carry BOTH Don and Latias lol!

Aite, first up - fix that formatting. There are spaces all over the place. Next, remove the second set. A simple EV spread change can go in the Set Details of the 1st set as an alternative spread, with the details of what it does. As for fixing the set, i'll need to run stuff by other QC before we find a viable one. Theres not a big enough difference in how a CM + 3 Atks set and CM + 2 Atks + Recover would play to make having 2 sets worthwhile anyways. Now...onto the main skeleton.

Overview

Stress that Primal Groudon was awful for this thing in a ridiculous amount of ways, and detail how.

Mention what Eleceus can still do for a team (soft check Kyogre and Flying-types)
"Electric is a very bad defensive typing" um, what? A flying resistance in this meta can be incredibly useful, especially when it has the bulk that Eleceus does. Being only weak to Ground does not make it a garbage typing at all (even if it does suck for Eleceus) Its main issues are how easily walled it is in today's meta (Pdon and Latis are everywhere), and its a free turn to most Primal Dons. Reword this line to "Electric has a lack of resistances", or something like that, and add my previous comment about how much easier it is to check.
"The most common Uber in the meta is immune to Electric attacks, in addition many other common Ubers also resist Electric Attacks" - Probably just keep this to "Many Ubers resist Electric Arceus's STAB" or something, this is worded rather strange imo
"Weak to ground which is common coverage move" - Id just say "Weak to ground, a very common offensive type" which covers the "ground type coverage" while also saying Ground STAB is common.

I like the "immune to twave" mention but its probably redundant - anyone with some knowledge of mons will know Electric is immune to Twave anyway.

As for the last point, just say "Hates Toxic and must avoid it", the current line is just a bunch of nothing that says the same thing. It doesnt actually like being burned either as that can mess it up in CM wars (CM Wisp Ghostceus comes to mind)

As for the set, i'm not 100% sure what actually works for this mon in oras, as dice said its hopeless to go CM + 2 Atks cause either Primal Don or Latis laugh at you. I'll discuss with other QC about what can work. Once we get a /viable/ set goin i'll run through the analysis again but in the meantime fix the rest of the analysis up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)