Fulgrate Art thread.

23 pages of lineart for episode 03 of ProGaming. I put more effort and time, and it shows, SHOWS. O _0 Text and color will be put on later and the episode will be up tomorrow. And Yes, more backgrounds, but I don't think I was able to put everything advised.
http://imgur.com/a/7HziT

And here are some older designs, showing some ingame characters and human characters. For some, those are NOT their in-game character, I just put things in randomly around the page. I didn't post this before, since some of the art is already on a different piece, but it also has art not found on any other.

Next month, I will have been a member here for 9 years. My original account was made in Feb. 2006, but I only posted once and lurked infinitely. Then after not login in for a long time, I forgot I had an account and re-registered, and that second account I forgot about and then ended up with this account finally. I only realized it when I was login in to an account on another forum that I've been logging into for the past 10 years, and checked its username, and found my original account here, lol.

Anyway, episode 05 of ProGaming:
http://www.webtoons.com/challenge/viewer?titleNo=1375&episodeNo=5

I'm doing some work right now, but before I forget, some sketches of stuff I might full ink or color.

A team I ran in OU for a while before replacing Rampardos with Gallade and Bello for Diancie, which made the team synergy much stronger. {Since set up sweeping was what Ramp would do, but Gallade can do it a little better since he isn't OHKO'd by priority. Diancie was meant to replace Bello's role of defensive pivot, but not only does it do that, but it sometimes actually sweeps with stab Moonblast and Diamond Storm, something Bello wishes it could do, lol. Frosslass is on the fence of almost being replaced, but so far, nothing does her role better than she does, although she still suffers from being unable to trick Megas, which smart players always switch in their mega when she tries to trick their Wall or slowmon.

A character that could be from the comic, it could be a pseudo-mon, who knows, I just wanted to draw a Cicada type thing, but with emphasis on sound powers. The only cicada in the Poke is a physical attacker. This bug, if it were a mon, would have high Special Attack and carry Boomburst, Bug Buzz, HP/status/Agility, and Focus Blast/Hurricane. It's stats would be 60/55/70/145/60/70, and its ability would either be sturdy, infiltrator, or compound eyes. It's typing would either be pure bug, bug/fighting, or bug/flying. I simply named it "Kikada".

The other day I was thinking about what Mega Bisharp would look like, and I made the smoothest lineart to date.

Why don't female machamps look womanish? If be funny if female Machokes only difference is something like pigtail spikes, a top, and lipstick, lol. But female machamps would be more distinctive in that their shorter, lighter, and have a high special attack. With NO GUARD, it would combo well with all the low accuracy special attacks Machamp learns.

dhelmise

banend doosre
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Social Media Head
The other day I was thinking about what Mega Bisharp would look like, and I made the smoothest lineart to date.

Why don't female machamps look womanish? If be funny if female Machokes only difference is something like pigtail spikes, a top, and lipstick, lol. But female machamps would be more distinctive in that their shorter, lighter, and have a high special attack. With NO GUARD, it would combo well with all the low accuracy special attacks Machamp learns.

improve lineart m8

looks really sick

Rhythms Thanks, I thought it be cool if the razors on his torso moved to his back and turned to wing blades for his Mega evolution.

Something to put in my freelancing portfolio since I don't have anything to show that I can draw in other styles:

An oldie I got around to finally coloring, I guess halfway done, since now I got to shade it, but I don't know what the best shading method would be.

Some stuff relating to the game I'm working on:

This will be the hero roster in the next game, I ended up picking the slightly faster ogre type, who has hair unlike the slower, heavier type, I probably have to redesign the ice girl, plant girl, and bug dude, but the ogre came out good. On the right some of the bosses, they might be in this iteration of the game.

The game in its present iteration:

Some sketches of the present roster, and future characters to be added later, which was in the post above, but somehow it's image link broke despite the fact its still in the gallery:

Then I realized that the third characters design was all wrong, and redesigned her. Her attack is actually in the game as Pif's secret move in #4, except it's a laser instead of an icicle. Once she's added in the sequel, the secret move will be removed and given to her since she's suppose to have the longest range out of the shooter types.

It's time I took the time to understand digital illustration to its fullest. This is just a w.i.p., I will draw something new after learning proper composition and lighting next week.

New title screen image:

Was going to make like a bunch of different screens in that style depending on win/loss and character used but I don't have enough time, so I just stuck to making the title screen version. Here are some of the sketches.

And I managed to add the last enemy type for this iteration of the game, had its sprite laying around since summer last year, but managed to go and finish it.

Some of the characters that will be in the sequel. Some are missing like Giolith, this dragon dude that uses both fists and fire, some monkey, and maybe like two others.

Griffin with lightning element{Rival of the playable dragon I mentioned}, turtle girl who's shell is removable and used like a shield{her attacks are already in the game and one of Pif's secret moves, some other of her attacks are just data in the system right now}, the Yuki-Onna that uses Ice attacks{a move of hers is also another secret move in the game} her attacks have the longest range so far, the quick Ogre guy, and the bug dude that uses sound waves and martial arts{Kickada, lol}, and almost forgot, the bunny dude at the top left, haven't figured out if I want to give him carrot missiles or just make him full on melee, uses his ears as rotors to fly by winding them up. If he uses missiles, his arms will be bionic, thus, Bionic Bunny.

Here is the process of when I was trying to design the turtle girl, gryphon guy, and bunny. The bunny is based off an old bunny character with a round shape I had drawn back in 2010, the design is almost the same, except for the muscular arms. I might make them metal, robotic arms with missile compartments to fire carrot shaped missiles, lol.

EDIT: Forgot to change turtle girls glasses to yellow, and her shell shield should be a different color, not sure what just yet though.

Finally made a good design of a Mantis Shrimp and agressive bug{bee/wasp/hornet}.

After all the failed attempts at the Mantis Shrimp, this looks awesome, I've been trying to come up with a design for him for like the past year and a half, but all previous versions looked lame.

It has to be a Mantis Shrimp, because I wanna use the Full Impact Punch technique that I have in some notes from 2012. Where an explosion occurs at the point of impact, that is as hot as the surface of a star or something, for like a fraction, of a fraction of a second, lol. It's faint, but you can see his predecessor punching a dragon on the left.
https://www.adoberev...d732c65b0890c01

If I put them side by side with the others, they are waaaay taller, lol, but that might be good since I was thinking of making them antagonists in the story, although they are still playable characters in the game, and they have to fight dragons anyway. The smaller version of them is the alternate size, i still haven't decided which size type to go with, but I might go with the tall version anyways.

I've recolored the Gryphon guy! Yeah, looks better now.

Somehow, the dragon link above broke, so heres that pic again.

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
The dragon has that weird problem where the effects are stunning but the design is simple. You've put great effort into shading and texturising it, but it's teeth are all the same size, its hands and feet have no claws or other defined features, its body is very plump, and just overall it's a design that leaves much to desire. You treated it with great care, but there weren't that much there to begin with.

I appreciate the frank feedback, Bummer. Yeah, his design does leave something to be desired, but since its a mass production dragon{fake dragons}, I wanted their designs to be simple in nature so that when the player encounters a real dragon, it have more of an impact. Do you find this design philosophy to be...flawed? D :

As for the dragon bosses, these are some sketches of them, none of their designs are final, otherwise I would make full illustrations for each, my favorite is "Freakshow".

Size comparison:

Anyway, here are some screenshots of the game, my favorite part more than drawing the dragons or characters was making the levels, I didn't take I could make such convincing ice, at least, it looks like ice to me. : P

You can see the sprite for the green dragon from the full illustration in my previous post in the initial screenshots.

Finally made this character from the initial sketch more interesting. I made her smaller, and her weapon is now her hat, which absorbs the traits of an attack thrown at her, and transforms into various animal heads depending on the attack. For example, if the barrier emitted from the hat catches a fireball, her hat will get a dragon head that shoots fire. If she is attacked with a punch/kick anything solid, her hat changes into a frog with a tongue that shoots out and hits like a long distance punch. If she gets hit by a very quick, accurate attack of any kind, the hat might turn into a mouse, and give her super speed. She can't stack powers in her early form, so her hat has to spit out a previous ability to use another. The upgraded version of her hat can stack at least 2-3 different abilities. She's humorous as well, lol.

Maybe I should use this style, it took me an hour, a page an hour would mean a chapter takes 18 hours+ hours a week. Unless the chapter is 5 pages a week. + , + Spending more time on a page would make it look better, but I need a style that is quick, but still high quality, enough to tell enough of a story a week.

The entire thing is about 20 pages. I still have to draw some word balloons for the text, and change some text, as well as add the missing text.

I just realized that the saturation on my monitor was very low, I put it back to default, and realized a lot of my art is highly saturated. Managed to catch this comic trying to be over saturated and toned it down. : U Sheesh, you can barely see the ice level in previous posts. Time to unsaturate a lot of my works.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)