ORAS OU Deadly Sins (Hyper Offensive - Peak #5 - 1851)

~ The world isn't perfect. We are the truth of your despair. ~

~ Introduction ~
Hi all folks! Probably nobody remembers me at this time, being a really old players back then (I last played around 6 months ago, if I remember correctly). I decided to try again with the newest Generation 6 metagame on one beautiful Sunday morning, built a team out of trials and errors and eventually created this beauty squad with many beautiful Pokemons.

I manage to get to #5 at 1851 under the nickname Mighty Ursaring, some of you may recognize me on the ladder. Here's the screenshot for the achievement before I got heavily tilted.

This RMT is heavily Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood-based, just to let you all know. It is a really awesome anime series and those who haven't watched it should definitely give it a try.

~ Team Overview ~

~ Detail ~

Wrath (Tyranitar) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 56 Atk / 200 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Blast
- Ice Beam
- Earthquake
Tyranitar has always been my favourite Pokemon since Generation 4 with cool art and powerful stats. What's more, I really enjoy going for the SashTar to kill off things surprisingly while set up the Rock reliably. The EVs makes possible for OHKO of certain threats while maximum Speed with Naive nature allow Tyranitar to be as fast as possible.​
  • Stealth Rock: Straightforwardly basic, as we want the Rock up as much as possible to wear off the opponent team, especially Talonflame and the Flying fellas. It breaks some Sash, too.
  • Fire Blast: Surprise Kill #1 for Ferrothorn, Forretress, Skarmory, Scizor,... as people usually think of Tyranitar as set-up fodder for them (I hate Hazards, so I kill them fast). Reliably OHKO and sometime, if the roll is bad, 2HKO.
  • Ice Beam: Surprise Kill #2 for Garchomp, Gliscor, Landorus, Dragonite... and sometimes other Grass, Dragon, Flying or Ground like Hippodown, Latios, Tornadus-T, Thundurus, Zapdos... It can safely OHKO the former while strongly damage the latter, sometimes 2HKO. Again, people usually do not expect Ice Beam at all.
  • Earthquake: Surprise Kill #3 for Heatran, Diancie, Metagross and sometimes Charizard-X and deal considerable damage to others neutrally. Crunch might be a good Alternative due to STAB, kill off Lead Azelf, neutral damage to Rotom-W or Talonflame but I currently prefer Earthquake more, just that.

Envy (Excadrill) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Iron Head
Cool look, strong ability, powerful offensive moveset and being a spinner make Excadrill a really useful Pokemon for the whole team. As my team has 2 Flying Pokemon, both badly hurt by the Rock, having a Spinner will be very useful. What's more, Excadrill can exploit the Weather to be an extremely fast Sweeper. Its Attack is very powerful and even more powerful due to Adamant and Life Orb while the rest goes fore making it as fast as possible.​
  • Rapid Spin: Very essential as it clears off the Rock for Talonflame and Dragonite as well as Sticky Web for the rest. Straightforward.
  • Earthquake: Powerful STAB to almost all that do not resist or immune to it. Very certain that it is almost a guaranteed 2HKO or even OHKO most of the time. You don't want to joke about taking this and leave safely except, well, probably those Defensive wall.
  • Iron Head: Another powerful STAB, hit those that are resist/immune to Earthquake and neutral to super-effective damage by it. Fairy-killer, in short, and sometimes relying on the Flinch hax doesn't sound half bad.
  • Rock Slide: Bird/Levitate Killer move, generally aim for the Bird but then it hurts Rotom-W with an okay damage. Also have a Flinch chance that proves to be very useful in certain situation.

Greed (Mew) @ Expert Belt
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 52 Atk / 204 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Low Kick
- Fire Blast
- Ice Beam
- Energy Ball / Thunderbolt
People simply cannot laugh at Mew due to its potential of being, well, anything. Certainly, people do not see the E-belt Mew much but it's a real threat due to its crazily wide movepool. I present to you, the anti-meta Mew. Its EVs is odd, but it packs just enough for a lot of crucial kills.​
  • Low Kick: Guaranteed OHKO for Tyranitar and Bisharp with a guaranteed 2HKO to Heatran. It also deals considerable damage to Kyurem-B and Mamoswine as well, and come on, nobody expect a Low Kick coming from this pink glob.
  • Fire Blast: More Fire power for Ferrothorn, Forretress, Scizor, sometimes Bisharp predicting Defog which I obviously do not have, Metagross, Skarmory, Bronzong, Jirachi,... The surprise factor is extremely overwhelming, and its damage is not bad as well as a neutral attack.
  • Ice Beam: Fire/Ice combo is an amazing coverage. Ice Beam aims towards Flying, Dragon, Ground, Grass like Garchomp, Lati@s, Hippowdon, Sceptile, Zapdos, Mandibuzz, Dragonite, Thundurus, Landorus, Landorus-T, Tornadus-T... Really good at giving opponent a good rage for the sudden kill.
  • Energy Ball: Formerly Psychic, but then I prefer Energy Ball for Rotom-W, Gastrodon, Seismitoad, Swampert, Keldeo, Diancie, Terrakion... Well you can use Psychic here, but I really want to kill Rotom-W or to put it to dangerous range for the Talonflame later. Another option will be Thunderbolt to kill even Talonflame but I want to get rid of Rotom-W as fast as possible here, but it's a good option.

Pride (Talonflame) @ Sharp Beak
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 88 HP / 252 Atk / 168 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Roost
- Swords Dance
Much much cooler bird coming straight from early game in Pokemon XY, even better than Staraptor which used to be the top bird in this category. It used to be Band set, but then there are so many things that make the Band set become unpopular so I opt for the SD set instead and the results are somewhat better too.​
  • Brave Bird: Insanely powerful priority STAB that almost guarantee a kill to those that does not resist to Flying Type and/or those that are Physical Walls. Being a Priority move means Speed does not matter, and so Talonflame kills a lot of stuff for revenge providing the others do not have any other priority such as Extreme Speed.
  • Flare Blitz: Powerful STAB, but too bad it's not Priority. Regardless, a very good choice for safely OHKO Steel that jumps in to stop the Brave Bird (except, of course, Heatran).
  • Swords Dance: Boosting the attack of Talonflame lets it be able to dent a huge wall to a lot of things bar things like Tyranitar and Rotom-W. Talonflame has many chance to set up too so it's definitely great.
  • Roost: A form of Recovery doesn't harm. It allows Talonflame to be able to take hit, heal, and set up on stuffs effectively. Roost also differentiates SD Talonflame from the Band set which dies off very fast.

Lust (Lopunny) @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Power-Up Punch
- Fake Out
- Return
- High Jump Kick
ORAS brings the once-forgotten bunny to OU with its newly-introduced Mega form. It's outright scary, with a high Attack stat, an incredible Speed, somewhat Priority and a way to boost its attack even higher. Mega Lopunny's here to kill stuffs, I tell you.​
  • Fake Out: Priority STAB, average damage, and always go first and flinch the opponent makes it a good move to weaken enemy as well as turning into Mega form at first time.
  • Power-Up Punch: A good way to deal average STAB damage to weakened foes, and also a guaranteed Attack boost by +1 means it can hit anything else stronger later. Both of its main STAB are already strong, and making it stronger, coupled with its already high Speed, is outright a scary thing.
  • Return: Powerful STAB with reliable coverage and accuracy to kill many stuffs, most of the time OHKO if they are weakened somewhat.
  • High Jump Kick: Nuke STAB, but the risk is high if it misses or if the opponent uses Protect. Still, a very very powerful move that can guarantee a kill especially to Fighting-weak Pokemon, including Mega Sableye now that it is susceptible to Fighting.

Gluttony (Gyarados) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 88 HP / 192 Atk / 4 Def / 224 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Taunt
- Bounce
- Waterfall
I must thank scotti for this slot as it really helps to cover the team weakness really well, probably so well that I had to try it right when he suggested and saw how it really fitted well. Dragonite has to say goodbye to allow his fellow Flying pal to take the last sweeper slot. While losing the Priority, I earn the ability to stand strong against walls which pays off nicely. The EVs allow Gyarados to be somewhat bulky but lethal enough after setting up his DD. On the outside note, he looks fit as Gluttony (just look at the mouth!)
  • Dragon Dance: Setting up, having greater attack and greater speed for sweeping. Similar to Dragonite, we aim to make Gyarados as fast and strong as possible to kill stuff faster, forcing pressure onto the opponent.
  • Taunt: How this Gyarados differentiates from Dragonite is mainly because of Taunt which shuts down potential walls such as Clefable, Quagsire or Slowbro effectively. This really puts the opponent in a disadvantage as Gyarados, being bulky enough with his EVs, have more chance to set up without worrying much about being walled on.
  • Bounce: Strong STAB, and while it requires 2 turns it really helps to force some switches anyway. Plus, the Paralyze chance is somewhat a bonus that I don't mind having.
  • Waterfall: Another strong STAB and has some chance to Flinch. Honestly it is strong enough to kill things most of the time it doesn't matter for the Flinch, but then I really appreciate having Hax God by my side. Other than that, it's his main Sweeping move.
~ Previous Member~

Gluttony (Dragonite) @ Lum Berry

Ability: Multiscale
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Fire Punch
- ExtremeSpeed
The last, classic, strangely cute Sweeper of the team with the down-to-earth moveset. I do not intend to use Weakness Policy in the first place seeing Lum Berry saves it more from Status and whatsoever, plus I do not want my dragon to hit itself after spamming Outrage sometimes. It was replaced by Gyarados to deal with walls such as Quagsire and Clefable with ease but still maintain the offensive force towards the opponent.​
  • Dragon Dance: Setting up, having greater attack and greater speed for sweeping, how easy can that be with Multiscale that can guarantee most of the time to give Dragonite a secure DD one time, and if possible, two as it holds Lum Berry and is not afraid of the WoW.
  • Outrage: Super strong STAB, pretty basic. Spam it to victory, and for the confusion later just eat the Lum Berry or if it has already gone, pray that it won't hit itself.
  • Fire Punch: Anti-Steel effectively such as Metagross, Scizor, Bisharp and Skarmory. A decent coverage move, though it is pretty useless in front of Heatran but the rest of the team can deal with it nicely that it doesn't need Earthquake much.
  • ExtremeSpeed: Priority +2, decent damage means that it can kill things faster such as Talonflame. It is also Normal type means the coverage is great, too. Besides, better kill things peacefully if they are weakened enough without needing to go for Outrage to save from the Confusion in the aftermath.
~ Replays~
OLD TEAM

VS Alkov: 3 - 0
VS WECAMEASROMANS: 1 - 0
VS gamer ann: 6 - 0
VS Erron Black: 2 - 0
VS I ABR I: 1 - 0
VS Max Rolls: 2 - 0
VS xtraDOLLARshine: 2 - 0

NEW TEAM

VS Based Bastian: 1 - 0
VS laddery the bad: 1 - 0

~ Conclusion ~
It is one of my best team so far and I have spent quite a time for it. Of course, my rating fluctuates as I ladder to test my team, but the experience is fun and I really like how people react with the unexpected factors of my team. However, it is of course not perfect and any suggestions, comments that help to improve the team are welcome.

Shout-out to all those who have battled with me for helping me to improve this team further. :D

Wrath (Tyranitar) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 56 Atk / 200 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Blast
- Ice Beam
- Earthquake

Envy (Excadrill) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Iron Head

Greed (Mew) @ Expert Belt
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 52 Atk / 204 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Low Kick
- Fire Blast
- Ice Beam
- Energy Ball

Pride (Talonflame) @ Choice Band
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- U-turn
- Sleep Talk

Lust (Lopunny) @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
Jolly Nature
- Power-Up Punch
- Fake Out
- Return
- High Jump Kick

Adamant Nature
- Taunt
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Bounce

Last edited:
Nice Team. I like it

But isnt sleep talk on talonflame kinda unneccesary because breloom also carry rock tomb + focus sash. Its more convienent to to use rock tomb on talonflame because its an guaranteed 1HKO. also you have to checks Focus sash breloom already which is Dragonite(fire punch + extreme speed + Multiscale + Lum berry) and Lopunny Mega(fake out + any other of its moves)
Your team could use the SD Talonflame set or add Tailwind to your banded set but the extra speed may not be needed . Thats all I have to say. Hope that helps and have a nice day.

Pent

dumb broad
Pretty good team, just a thing that might help it improve even more is giving Talonflame Sharp Beak and a different set entirely. Here's the common andvery good set flying around OU currently.

Talonflame @ Sharp Beak
EVs: 88 HP / 168 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Brave Bird
- Roost

This gives you more utility, bulk, and set up chance to have a potential sweep.

Mew is rather interesting, but I'd give it Life Orb to increase its damage input. You could also replace Low Kick with Focus Blast too since it gets that.

I'd also possibly try Smooth Rock Tyranitar to pair with Excadrill since Tyrznitar has some pretty good bulk in Sandstorm.

Finally, I'd try Roost > Fire Punch on Dragonite due to 3 of your Pokemon already having Fire Moves. If you don't want Dragonite to be walled by heatran, you could also try Earthquake. Really your choice.

Hope it helps and welcome back to the meta!

Nice Team. I like it

But isnt sleep talk on talonflame kinda unneccesary because breloom also carry rock tomb + focus sash. Its more convienent to to use rock tomb on talonflame because its an guaranteed 1HKO. also you have to checks Focus sash breloom already which is Dragonite(fire punch + extreme speed + Multiscale + Lum berry) and Lopunny Mega(fake out + any other of its moves)
Your team could use the SD Talonflame set or add Tailwind to your banded set but the extra speed may not be needed . Thats all I have to say. Hope that helps and have a nice day.
You are right when saying that Rock Tomb Breloom is a thing against Talonflame, but in the end it's the game of risk-or-reward and predicting plays a major part. Breloom is usually a threat to scare off Tyranitar, Excadrill and Lopunny (yes, its Mach Punch is nothing to be loathed at and can 2HKO or close OHKO to Mega Lopunny). However, all 3 have the ability to OHKO Breloom on the bait, and it is the mind game that determines whether I should switch, or keep to kill.

Besides, Smeargle Spore + Geomancy is relatively common nowadays and Talonflame is definitely a huge threat especially if it runs Sleep Talk. This ensures its ability to take the Spore, and kill Smeargle right before it can successfully set up and pass. Amoonguss needs a saying, too. Moreover, Sleep Talk Talonflame used to be common but now people run a lot of Tailwind that I don't think people expect Sleep Talk much.

To be honest, Tailwind is in my mind for the move choice, but with the bunch of Priorities I don't really think Tailwind is so necessary.

Pretty good team, just a thing that might help it improve even more is giving Talonflame Sharp Beak and a different set entirely. Here's the common andvery good set flying around OU currently.

Talonflame @ Sharp Beak
EVs: 88 HP / 168 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Brave Bird
- Roost

This gives you more utility, bulk, and set up chance to have a potential sweep.

Mew is rather interesting, but I'd give it Life Orb to increase its damage input. You could also replace Low Kick with Focus Blast too since it gets that.

I'd also possibly try Smooth Rock Tyranitar to pair with Excadrill since Tyrznitar has some pretty good bulk in Sandstorm.

Finally, I'd try Roost > Fire Punch on Dragonite due to 3 of your Pokemon already having Fire Moves. If you don't want Dragonite to be walled by heatran, you could also try Earthquake. Really your choice.

Hope it helps and welcome back to the meta!
Thanks a lot for your suggestion!

Same with Terry24 who also suggests SD Talonflame, I fancy it but then, I somewhat prefer the immediate damage to ensure it saves me much in the late game after the opponent's team is weakened. My team is already so SR weak and its momentum is really fast that I really cannot afford another set-up sweeper. Moreover, I need the U-turn in the Band set as well, just to keep the flow even faster. My team runs on the merit that it forces opponent to switch around, so the Band set ensures the team to have fast pace and to pack immediate power.

I can try Life Orb on Mew. Actually, it is my original plan but then I really hate the recoil and since Mew is meant to kill things unexpectedly anyway that Life Orb can be somewhat overkill due to the fact that most things are 2HKO or OHKO by the super-effective move from Mew most of the time (except, well, dem Special Wall). I will consider Life Orb again though as the idea of dealing more damage to stuff like Rotom-W is interesting.

Smooth Rock Tyranitar is fun, but it destroys the very first purpose of Tyranitar as Lead since it needs to safely set-up the Rock and, while doing it, kill as much counter as possible such as Lead Garchomp, Landorus-T, greedy Ferrothorn that wants to set-up Hazards or something similar. Thus, I am not a fan of Smooth Rock Tyranitar for this team.

I will probably keep Fire Punch on Dragonite as the coverage is great and you can't be too sure to kill enough Steel. Its coverage with Outrage is really good, and I hate to have my Dragonite banging head to the safely-saved Skarmory and Ferrothorn in vain.

Scotti

we back.
I agree that this team is really solid, but I find mons like quagsire, clefable, gyarados, and fighting types, to be the biggest threats to your team. Your team looked really cool, so I wanted to ladder with it, and the these were the biggest threats I ran into. Also fairy types are also very threatening, since most fairies can hit steel types for se damage, and excadrill takes a shit ton from most fairy mons. Tflame is a nice check to them, but it also takes a shit ton and rocks are annoying. Honestly dragonite feels pretty meh to me. It works great from time to time, but it doesn't help cover important threats, that give your team trouble. The best change that I have came up with is running reg ddance gyarados over dragonite. Your team does a great job of getting rid of gyarados counters, such as ferrothorn, rotom-w, and other annoying steels and electric types. Gyarados would do great on this team, and I even did some battles with this team with gyarados over dragonite, and it worked really well. Gyarados also wins against clefable, quagsire, and other fighting types with the use of moves like taunt and bounce. Taunt also helps against stallier builds which may give your team trouble. It also helps against zard-y, zard x, tflame, and other fire types.

Gyarados @ Lum Berry
Adamant Nature
- Taunt
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Bounce

Great team, just like your bw team(with the stoutland and weezing. I remember rating that team to). Keep on making great teams, and I would love to see more of your teams in the future. :]

I agree that this team is really solid, but I find mons like quagsire, clefable, gyarados, and fighting types, to be the biggest threats to your team. Your team looked really cool, so I wanted to ladder with it, and the these were the biggest threats I ran into. Also fairy types are also very threatening, since most fairies can hit steel types for se damage, and excadrill takes a shit ton from most fairy mons. Tflame is a nice check to them, but it also takes a shit ton and rocks are annoying. Honestly dragonite feels pretty meh to me. It works great from time to time, but it doesn't help cover important threats, that give your team trouble. The best change that I have came up with is running reg ddance gyarados over dragonite. Your team does a great job of getting rid of gyarados counters, such as ferrothorn, rotom-w, and other annoying steels and electric types. Gyarados would do great on this team, and I even did some battles with this team with gyarados over dragonite, and it worked really well. Gyarados also wins against clefable, quagsire, and other fighting types with the use of moves like taunt and bounce. Taunt also helps against stallier builds which may give your team trouble. It also helps against zard-y, zard x, tflame, and other fire types.

Gyarados @ Lum Berry
Adamant Nature
- Taunt
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Bounce

Great team, just like your bw team(with the stoutland and weezing. I remember rating that team to). Keep on making great teams, and I would love to see more of your teams in the future. :]
Thanks a lot for the rate. :D

Admittedly, I face quite a hard time with precisely what you mention, especially Clefable as it can tank almost everything except Excadrill. Another worth mentioning would be Slowbro / Mega Slowbro which is also a huge threat to the team.

The change in Gyarados is great imo. True, the lost of Priority hurts but the idea of having a Taunt Gyarados really covers the weakness of the team fairly well. I will definitely try having him over Dragonite and see if things get better. Your idea is really nice and I really appreciate it. :3

UPDATE:

I decide to follow scotti's advice and decide to go for Gyarados instead. The result is wonderful as I am now less afraid of Stall and the Intimidate is really really useful at some point.

Here's the new Peak:

I've also updated the 1st post accordingly. Thanks a lot again, scotti :D

UPDATE:

Turned out Band Talonflame is not so great in the current meta, and after trying SD Talonflame as suggested by most people I find that it definitely makes the team even more offensive while still retaining sustainability.

Edited 1st post, and also fixed image errors.

Reactions: TPP

tcr

sage of six tabs
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hey man congrats on your peak! I also greatly appreciate your nickname choice, I just finished FMA and im in the middle of Brotherhood myself, easily one of the best animes I have watched. One thing I can see being trouble is Scarf Landorus-T, as it outspeeds +1 Gyarados and can revenge it with Stone Edge at around 60%, which is fairly likely considering it could possibly switch into rocks and set up off of something where it will take minor damage. It also heavily damages your Tyranitar and Mew, the only things really capable of OHKOing it with Ice Beam, and if I was playing the safest play would be to U-turn on both. Rotom-W is still a major pain as well.

One thing I want to suggest, is the change of Sand Rush --> Mold Breaker on Excadrill. While this takes away some of your sweeping potential with Tyranitar, it makes your team way less weak to Rotom-W as you outright OHKO most variants with Rocks up. It also lets you break through things like Dragonite's Multiscale easier, although breaking through Levitate's is the main thing.

I would suggest running Ice Punch instead of Power-up Punch, as this lets you smack things like Landorus-T that might come in on a free Fake Out or w/e. It could also be useful to hit many other things on the switch, such as bulky Altaria. Other than that and some personal tweaks, this is an excellent team! Note, however, that I DID shift the focus of this team less on 1 SR Setter + 5 sweepers and more onto 1-2, namely Gyarados and Talonflame.

GL with your team man! Liked for the FMA:Brotherhood references

Have you considered a Jolly nature on Gyarados to outspeed MManectric after one DD? I guess you lose some power against bulkier teams, but not having a potential sweep interupted may be even more valuable.

Otherwise great team, can't really suggest any changes at all!

Have a nice day

I would recommend turning mew into an explosion SR lead and giving Tyranitar more of a bulky offense role (take away speed EVs and put them into sdef) so you can at least swap into thundurus which otherwise fucks your team. Like this you also get pursuit.

Nothing else to suggest except different formatting, I can't be the only one who finds this left to right alternating alignment a fucking pain in the ass to read.

I would recommend turning mew into an explosion SR lead and giving Tyranitar more of a bulky offense role (take away speed EVs and put them into sdef) so you can at least swap into thundurus which otherwise fucks your team. Like this you also get pursuit.

Nothing else to suggest except different formatting, I can't be the only one who finds this left to right alternating alignment a fucking pain in the ass to read.
I don't think you understand Mew and Tyranitar' role pretty much, since its effectiveness is based on its luring ability and so for common Mew switch-in such as Tyranitar it will be a free kill on the spot. As for Tyranitar, it is an effective anti-setup from common mons such as Landorus-T (Defensive spread), Ferrothorn (SR or Spike support), Scizor (U-turn away) or lead Garchomp (SR / Rocky Helmet). Thundurus is really not a threat unless it has Focus Blast since most of the time Excadrill is a decent check.

And I was complimented for this sexy formatting too! :mad:
Have you considered a Jolly nature on Gyarados to outspeed MManectric after one DD? I guess you lose some power against bulkier teams, but not having a potential sweep interupted may be even more valuable.

Otherwise great team, can't really suggest any changes at all!

Have a nice day
Thanks for the rate. I guess you are right at this. I will consider revising the EVs so that it can outspeed MManectric after +1 DD while retaining the necessary bulk and power.
Hey man congrats on your peak! I also greatly appreciate your nickname choice, I just finished FMA and im in the middle of Brotherhood myself, easily one of the best animes I have watched. One thing I can see being trouble is Scarf Landorus-T, as it outspeeds +1 Gyarados and can revenge it with Stone Edge at around 60%, which is fairly likely considering it could possibly switch into rocks and set up off of something where it will take minor damage. It also heavily damages your Tyranitar and Mew, the only things really capable of OHKOing it with Ice Beam, and if I was playing the safest play would be to U-turn on both. Rotom-W is still a major pain as well.

One thing I want to suggest, is the change of Sand Rush --> Mold Breaker on Excadrill. While this takes away some of your sweeping potential with Tyranitar, it makes your team way less weak to Rotom-W as you outright OHKO most variants with Rocks up. It also lets you break through things like Dragonite's Multiscale easier, although breaking through Levitate's is the main thing.

I would suggest running Ice Punch instead of Power-up Punch, as this lets you smack things like Landorus-T that might come in on a free Fake Out or w/e. It could also be useful to hit many other things on the switch, such as bulky Altaria. Other than that and some personal tweaks, this is an excellent team! Note, however, that I DID shift the focus of this team less on 1 SR Setter + 5 sweepers and more onto 1-2, namely Gyarados and Talonflame.

GL with your team man! Liked for the FMA:Brotherhood references
The suggestion on changing Excadrill's Ability is strange but you do have a point. I will experiment it and see if it works. I will also try Ice Punch for immediate kill on Lando and stuff too though the boost from PuP is really attractive at the moment.

And I definitely agree that FMA-B is damn awesome.

After testing this team, there are almost no holes... except for one.

Cresselia has a tendency to wall this team, and wall it well. The only thing to change would be to go Ice Beam OR Fire Blast < Crunch or Pursuit or something.

DARK TYPE STAB would be really nice, allowing you to hit bulky psychic types for SE damage. Excadrill iron head can also take it out, but if it comes out of commission...

Great team dude and heard on the peak. Will you please tell me why you choose to run sash ttar. Not commenting, i was just curious. n_n
1. It's unexpected: People usually lead with Landorus-T/Landorus-I or Garchomp or sth that can do SR early game after spotting Talonflame AND Gyarados in my team, and most things with SR are usually hurted by SashTar.
2. Sandstorm. Tyranitar is selected for the quick Sand to allow Excadrill to have an early sweep. The Item Choice of Focus Sash over Smooth Rock matters, but Sandstorm is plentiful nowadays and the Sash is important if I want to ensure a key OHKO to stuff that may hurt the team (looking at especially Rocky Garchomp).
3. Its lure capability is surprisingly great especially when pairing with Mew.
4. I like Tyranitar a lot, no comment.

What I like about this team the most is that Gyarados, Talonflame, and Excadrill all share a counter/check in Def. Rotom-W, meaning one of them can likely clean up. Other than some early game Rotom-W mindgames, (and hax), the only problem I have been having is bulky Psychic types like Reuniclus, Cresselia, and Giratina-Origin Forme. Walling you. With magic guard + recover, it can set up on 3 members of your team, and has coverage to OHKO the rest after a CM. Cresselia I saw once or twice when laddering, so again, not overwhelming, but if it currently can Toxic or WALL several members of the team.

Replacing a move on TTar for Pursuit/Crunch is challenging; Fire Blast hits Ferrothorn + Skarm, whereas Ice Beam hits lando and Garchomp (a big issue for the team.). EQ is nice to kill Heatran, but since so many of the fire types cover their ground weakness with coverage, Heatran is one of the only thing it reliably hits that Crunch does not. Crunch/Pursuit also gets a nice STAB Boost, whereas EQ does not.

I think since Heatran is expecting EQ, you really are not losing much by taking it out, as by the time the opponent figures it out, it will be too late.

On Lopunny, hitting Def. Glisgor and Bulky Lando-T (and Garchomp) is really helpful, as these things tend to give your team some pressure. This would give you a secondary check with Fake Out + Ice Punch.

Summary:
Lopunny: Power-Up Punch -> Ice Punch
Tyranitar: Earthquake -> Crunch

Note: One of my favorite teams thats been posted in a while.

Last edited:

DennisEG

Civil Engineer
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hey man another nice team, im not fan of sand but this sand is really solid, i like to suggest a better spread on gyarados just to outspeed opposing lopunny Mega just because seem to be annoying for ur team and u can only revenge it with talon, so i suggest this
EVs: 104 HP / 208 Atk / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature

- Dragon Dance
- Taunt
- Bounce
- Waterfall

This evs spread allow u to outspeed Megas that hit 405 Speed and also made a lot bulkier this gyarados and still u give the 2hko or Hko than the set u have already

Last edited:
I really enjoy the creativity of not just the team, but of Mew as well. As far as Gyarados, I think that a Sleep Talk set would be as edgy as the team and can let it set up in the face of fat Scald spammers or status spreaders not named Rotom, Tentacruel, etc. While Rest Talk sounds gimmicky, Gyarados has immense natural bulk that allows him to stack DDs and forces offensive pressure that results in predictable plays.

Gyarados @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 24 Def / 148 SpD / 88 Spe
Careful Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Waterfall

I use 88 speed to outspeed base 100 speed mons after a DD(but this is OU, so less speed can be used, seeing as how the point of the set is to stack DDs). The nice thin about this set is that the evs are so interchangeable and easy to play around with. You can even run a generic 252/252. Maximum HP is used to augement his mixed bulk, and the rest is dumped into Spd. 24 Def evs are there to be fancy and obtain a 200 defence stat, so feel free to dump those into Spd if desired

If you like, here is a replay showing you the pressure that Gyarados places against good players and how he can set up multiple times in a battle with his bulk.

All I want to say is that the surprise factor of this team is what it has going for it. I'm a little salty, cause I tried to pursuit mew with my bisharp but got destroyed by low kick. After that, my team just got wrecked. The team is solid for this reason but my zard x was ripping through it after a d dance until it was revenge killed by talonflame. Maybe try to work around that better?

Last edited:

Shurtugal

The Enterpriser.
is a Tiering Contributor
Shouldn't WoW Mew run eno speed to jump bulky chomp and jolly bisharp regardless, Egg supply?

Anyway, I don't know how effective this is as a team. I ran into this a few times, but I had already seen this RMT so the surprise factor was lost, and the surprise factor staples a lot of this team. Points for originality, but it's hard to place a rate on a team like this - it's not like I can rate anything to substitute the surprise factor, because then I'm taking away from the spirit of this team, it wouldn't be a surprise to begin with if I posted it, and the surprises you have work - or, worked, as in past tense, since RMTing this has long since destroyed any of that.

I like the creativity on Mew. Keep up the innovations. In the future, I wouldn't RMT such a delicate team like this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)