The World Cup of Pokémon X - Format [Read post #265]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ojama felt that excadrill is not broken in ou without sand rush so it was allowed, he also figured that sun is a style adopted by crappy players to make up for their lack of ability to win a game without match up so his teammate and head td decided to make such a big decision. Congrats france.

Despite the lack of rbyers, gsc ouers and advers in most countries M Dragon felt that he had to give an edge to spain which is one of the countries that has players who play those tiers, so they made the decision. Spain went short last world cup so m dragon decided "lets add 2 more tiers no one but spain and brazil have players in!". Congrats spain.

We have spl for an all gen tournament and we also made something called the smogon classic to stop butthurt people who play a 1992 gen from complaining about their lack of relevance. So i dont understand why this tournament also became multi gen.

Dont get me wrong Im not accusing anyone especially since im not going to play in the world cup. But the fact is World cup should be a tournament where all teams can be called equal. Unlike spl i cant buy mcmeghan and conflict and cover my ADV and GSC OU slots. Instead many countries are left with limited options and are unable to compete with other teams. World cup used to be a tournament where all teams were equal but now you have 2 or 3 teams competing and other teams are just fillers.

If the staff are making decisions like that bw one then i suggest a revision of the current format. It was fine last year but now its just rubbish. Especially when you consider that even in spl theres only 2 or 3 good GSC OUers and RBYers.

With that said i would like to be the first to congratulate brazil, spain, germany and east on their victory for the upcoming world cup!

Malekith

Daddy.
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a defending World Cup of Pokemon Championis a Past SPL Champion
A wrong thing doesn't justify the next ones. If we can make a more competitive and fun tier, why wouldn't we do it? BW is not fun and practically everyone is spamming the same shit. I don't see why this benefits France, just because Ojama suggested it? If the tier is changed, everyone will have to test and make new teams, like always, no one will be benefited. And even if it doesn't change, France is one of the most powerful countries in BW.

I think you are one of the onlys who think everyteam lacks rbyers and gscers ( and even advers ) but if you think spain is the benefited here, I would love to give you the reason, in the past spain will be incredible, but our old gen player are now retired ( crystal_ ) or with 0 motivation for this ( look at Colchonero's record this SPL playing GSC )

That is why we have Tournament Directors, they decide what they think are the best for the community and for the tournament. I agree with them in this case, and a ton of people too. It is sad that people like you are not going to play, because this format also intend to mix the best old gen players with the best new gen ones like you. I invite you to re-think about it.

Why did you make out from my post about bw that i have a problem with Ojama? It has nothing to do with him. I even commended him for convincing mcmeghan to take sun out of the tier because its a good decision. I dont even mean that it benefits france. I actually think its a great decision. I mean from my post that only people with influential connections get to make changes like ojama with bw and spain with gsc and rby. So i am stressing that everyone deserves a say in this. There should be a blind vote conducted between captains of each country to vote.

Edit: also about your colchonero example, even if hes unmotivated and is no longer good enough to beat the other 3 good gsc ouers hes still good enough to whoop the ass of each other one. Even if i were to put a great player as makeshift gsc colchonero would still beat that player

And 2: bw is a fun tier for many people im sure if you put up a poll right now bw would beat gsc and rby combined. No one wants a gen where luck is the defining factor or a tier where turns can go up to 700+. If the best of old gen want to mix with the best of the new gen theres spl for that. No reason to make world cup just another inferior spl. Last wcop afrabs didnt have a single adv player but i was still ok with the change since adv is a good tier and alot of players and teams would appreciate the change. And alot of players still played adv and dpp but rby and gsc ou?? Cmon no one plays that shit

Last edited:
A wrong thing doesn't justify the next ones. If we can make a more competitive and fun tier, why wouldn't we do it? BW is not fun and practically everyone is spamming the same shit. I don't see why this benefits France, just because Ojama suggested it? If the tier is changed, everyone will have to test and make new teams, like always, no one will be benefited. And even if it doesn't change, France is one of the most powerful countries in BW.

I think you are one of the onlys who think everyteam lacks rbyers and gscers ( and even advers ) but if you think spain is the benefited here, I would love to give you the reason, in the past spain will be incredible, but our old gen player are now retired ( crystal_ ) or with 0 motivation for this ( look at Colchonero's record this SPL playing GSC )

That is why we have Tournament Directors, they decide what they think are the best for the community and for the tournament. I agree with them in this case, and a ton of people too. It is sad that people like you are not going to play, because this format also intend to mix the best old gen players with the best new gen ones like you. I invite you to re-think about it.
I have no idea how the TDs decided that putting RBY and GSC would be fun, but this was the worst decision in this new format. Only three teams will have players that really know how to play these tiers, how can you see this being good and fun? And I agree with Masterclass, I also think that nerfing sun in BW was a great decision. However I found pathetic the way that it was made.

I agree with the changes made in BW but why do u announce it so short before an Official Tournament which is affected by the changes. In my opinion there shouldve been an "announcement" tournament before since these changes will create a completely new metagame so the players will have to acclimate to them at first.

i can't really say i agree with the decision regarding bw, since we are essentially using an official tournament as a suspect test. it's at the very least a relevant change in a metagame that has been stable for about 2 years now, I'm not sure how quickly bw players are going to adapt. i know there are going to be a few live tours, but will that be enough? I mean in ORAS OU we have like 100,000+ battles in a suspect ladder before deciding about banning / unbanning a single mon

however, i see no problem in adding rby/gsc to the tournament. how can there only be 3 players of each tier if we've had at least 10 of them playing for spl? that excluding farm league / bench players too, as well as multi-gen players like bkc or mcm. well yeah obviously some dudes like tiba stand out from the others, but would it really be fair for everyone if it was like last year's format? east for instance literally went 15-0 in xy in r1. obviously there are going to be skill gaps no matter what the format is. additionally, i'd argue RBY is a relatively easy tier to learn. look at people like KratosMana who started playing in BW, picked RBY in 2 weeks and went undefeated in the spl, or soulgazer in oupl, etc. not sure about gsc, but i've seen shake playing it well, and if someone as bad as him can play it everyone can bop.

I agree with everything Masterclass said but I think the argument I support the most is that I am against the inclusion of RBY and GSC. First and foremost, we now have the Smogon Classic so these tiers are represented in another tour. These player bases are practically dead and if you look at the countries the TDs play for they actually have good GSC and RBY players.

Like Masterclass I'm not saying these TDs made their decision for their own benefit, quite frankly, I don't think Mdragon or McMeghan care enough to manipulate the rules to help their team. I do, however, think the fact there countries have these players influenced their decision, and I believe that if managers of other teams without these types of players would have voted differently. Using for example Leftiez or my own captain KG. Metro and Afrabs already have tiny ass player bases and now we have to find people who play an even less popular tier?

This decision will only separate the gap even more in WCoP, make the good teams better, and the bad teams worse. I am firmly against the inclusion of both RBY and GSC, and I believe their inclusion should be acceptable only if given a majority vote by the managers (that would be most fair)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)