The Everything some hero (NFL) Thread - 2015-16 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess if the intent was to make the PAT make more a difference in games, it'll do so by about 6-7%. Kickers last season were around 93% from the 15 yard line, and about 99% with PATs. I don't think this will change the rate of 2-point conversions much, unless there is an unusual distrust in the kicker, due to injury or weather or just being really terrible. A better option would have been to move the PAT to the 1-yard line for kicks and 2 point conversions, but meh. They are also pretty conscientious nowadays about adding extra injury risk to the game (recent kickoff changes for instance), so I don't actually believe they want to encourage 2 pointers.

TBH they should just do away with PATs. Wastes everyone's time. Perhaps make TDs worth 7 and if you go for a (what we know as) 2 point conversion, you either gain a point for making it or lose a point for whiffing it. Call it the "extra point gamble". The conversion odds on 2 pointers already hover around 50%, so in the long run, most teams would score about the same number of points whether they went for it or not. But it would definitely encourage teams to try and devise ways to consistently convert those "EPGs" and score more points in the long run.

TBH they should just do away with PATs. Wastes everyone's time. Perhaps make TDs worth 7 and if you go for a (what we know as) 2 point conversion, you either gain a point for making it or lose a point for whiffing it. Call it the "extra point gamble". The conversion odds on 2 pointers already hover around 50%, so in the long run, most teams would score about the same number of points whether they went for it or not. But it would definitely encourage teams to try and devise ways to consistently convert those "EPGs" and score more points in the long run.
This would be the better idea imo but the NFL doesn't want this probably. Probably wants to keep the potential of a dramatic Super Bowl field goal kick miss that cost the Bills the win.

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
The plain fact is that every single coach should already be going for 2 after every touchdown. Moving back the extra point is a pointless exercise, a move made about 20 years too late by a league that, for all its forward thinking, lives in the goddamn past each and every moment of each and every day.

Until all the coaches grow some damn balls (or just trust the fucking statistics), this will have the same effect on scoring as someone farting in the parking lot.

Nobody cares about the NHL or MBL

ODB is on the madden cover and I haven't been this excited for a madden game since ever. It also comes out in the same time as my birthday so i'm not even going to pay for it. But in all seriousness ODB will finally put an end to this madden curse nonsense. There's literally no pattern there and ODB will shut up people who keep saying this by breaking record after record this season. I pity teams without a monster, probably best in the league wide receiver.

But in all seriousness ODB will finally put an end to this madden curse nonsense. There's literally no pattern there and ODB will shut up people who keep saying this by breaking record after record this season. I pity teams without a monster, probably best in the league wide receiver.
I'm sure this would have applied to Gronk if he would have won, right? Lol, no it wouldn't.

Madden 13 is based on the 12 season. Megatron was the undisputed best back then, but times change. ODB is currently the best wide receiver. Although it's definitely not undisputed like Megatron in his prime. Currently any of these could be the best:

Odb
Dez
Julio
Megatron
DT
Sanders
Brown
Green

Madden 13 is based on the 12 season. Megatron was the undisputed best back then, but times change. ODB is currently the best wide receiver. Although it's definitely not undisputed like Megatron in his prime. Currently any of these could be the best:

Odb
Dez
Julio
Megatron
DT
Sanders
Brown
Green
Odb made one good catch and he's the best wr in the league? Lol
And you didn't even mention Julian Edelman, Demaryius Thomas or Jordy Nelson

DT = Demaryius Thomas

It's also naive to think that OBJ will have the best season in 2015 just because he is the best WR, even assuming that he is.

Odb made one good catch and he's the best wr in the league? Lol
And you didn't even mention Julian Edelman, Demaryius Thomas or Jordy Nelson
One catch? As a starter he averaged almost 140 yards and a touchdown per game. There was no receiver in 2014 that came even close to ODB when he became the starter. Even Brown looked mediocre in comparison.

One catch? As a starter he averaged almost 140 yards and a touchdown per game. There was no receiver in 2014 that came even close to ODB when he became the starter. Even Brown looked mediocre in comparison.
He's the most overrated WR in the league. I'd take Megatron,DT, Edelman, Green, Dez, and Brown all over OBJ. OBJ is good but nowhere near the best WR. Hell, he's not even top 5. Quit riding Eli Manning and OBJ's dick. It makes you look ignorant. Also, why the fuck are you excited about Madden 16 based on the damn cover? If it's like 15 but better than the hype is justified but for all we know it could be another Madden 25.

He's the most overrated WR in the league. I'd take Megatron,DT, Edelman, Green, Dez, and Brown all over OBJ. OBJ is good but nowhere near the best WR. Hell, he's not even top 5. Quit riding Eli Manning and OBJ's dick. It makes you look ignorant. Also, why the fuck are you excited about Madden 16 based on the damn cover? If it's like 15 but better than the hype is justified but for all we know it could be another Madden 25.
He's underrated in my opinion. The stats he put up as a rookie are all time great. He deserves MORE praise than he already gets.

Also, Julian Edelman is one of the most mediocre receivers in the league. The dude wouldn't even start for the Broncos or Giants.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Putting up gaudy stats because you're literally the only option to throw to does not make you the best WR in the league. Sure that catch he made was historic and easily a top 3 all time catch, but he's only played 12 games so far in his career, reserve judgment until you have a larger and more justifiable sample size. Look what happened to Josh Gordon.

Putting up gaudy stats because you're literally the only option to throw to does not make you the best WR in the league. Sure that catch he made was historic and easily a top 3 all time catch, but he's only played 12 games so far in his career, reserve judgment until you have a larger and more justifiable sample size. Look what happened to Josh Gordon.
The only reason Josh Gordon doesn't have better stats is because he's a pothead that constantly gets caught. Otherwise, he'd be deadlier than OBJ

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
You'd take Edelman over OBJ? I don't even know what to say.

Edit: didn't read the other messages addressing this. Great minds think alike.

xJownage

Even pendulums swing both ways
some hero please stop talking about the giants. You are a giants fan and your massive bias regarding your team means you are of absolutely NO authority on the matter. You can have your opinions and thats fine, but since some are so biased its absolutely ridiculous, most of your arguments are rendered irrelevant and are invalid. Not only this, but you talk very highly of your team while consistently demeaning others, and you seem to think that you can insult whoever you want, but whenever somebody jabs your precious giants you want to create a flame war (case in point: Jaguars). Sometimes your bias is so massive that your arguments are based in nothing but blind ignorance. You are a smart guy when it comes to football, but when it comes the the giants, all logic goes out the window. I do rather enjoy reading your posts when you aren't talking about the giants. I can bandwagon the Jags all I want, but the more bias I have proven the less valid my points regarding the subject become. This applies to you too.

Also, I do predict the Giants to win the NFC East this year. Philly's roster turnover in their higher ends is very high and Kelly can't make ANY qb look like peyton manning. They are likely to be generally inconsistent. The Cowboys losing demarco murray is too big a blow to stay atop the division, and the defense will be easier to get around this year (it always changes with these basic defenses year-to-year).

OBJ is surely a top 10, very possibly a top 5 receiver next year, but I think the best statline in the NFL might be more difficult for him. He may have had a better game-to-game statline than calvin johnson and several other high class receivers last year, but nobody really knew how to handle him, and he did not draw attention like the leagues #1 receivers usually do. Now that defenses are more aware of what he does, not to mention this extra year gives coaching staffs time to find holes in his game, he will likely have somewhat more modest stats. This won't be bad for the Giants offense, however.

Also, isn't it jumping the gun a bit to call him the best receiver in the NFL after just HALF A YEAR? Nobody has ascended that quick at any position. JJ Watt was about 2 years of exemplary play before he was really agreed upon as the best. Same with RBs like AP, who put up amazing stats as a rookie. Wide Receivers are no different. AJ Green, despite drawing coverage like megatron, was amazing his rookie year, but nobody called him the best receiver in the NFL. These guys played full seasons, and were scouted throughout college as elite players that had a history of producing high level play. OBJ has been on the map for just half a season. It has to be at least somewhat premature to be calling him the best in the NFL.

Thanks WaterBomb for deleting that flame post, I look back at it and realized I actually lost my temper while making a god damn forum post.

No we do not give a shit. I didn't even know he actually played in any games (apparently he played 14 snaps on offense, and some more on special teams)

xJownage

Even pendulums swing both ways
http://www.csnne.com/new-england-pa...ly-overinflate-footballs?p=ya5nbcs&ocid=yahoo
Yet another twist in the story occurs...And this is probably the most logical answer to what is happening, and is yet again another reason the NFL has no right to take action against brady. Seriously, the NFL was already known to not give any fucks about the game balls, and their officials really didn't care. If this report is true, this is not only proven, but shows that the NFL officials had such a lack of care toward the game balls that they often ended up completely off proper inflation.

Another piece for Brady to use in court. "not hard evidence" haha nice counterargument, look at your ENTIRE ACCUSATION.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)