Shiny Charm and Masuda Method

About a week ago I started breeding for a shiny Abra. I banked almost all my mons, and I filled up 25 boxes with eggs. This morning I hatched my last egg, and with no luck.. I have the Shiny Charm and I use the Masuda Method. I'm not really familiar with TSV.

Only a few times have I ever managed purposely hatching a shiny using this method.
Magikarp at 93 eggs
Chinchou at 341 eggs
Kabuto at 277 eggs

Guess I'm going to continue with the Abra. Wish me luck *__*
Good luck man. Don't be discouraged though man. 25 boxes is only 750 eggs. Trainer10713 was up to 2100 eggs, and I hit 1570 for one of mine, which for me was 50 full boxes.

About a week ago I started breeding for a shiny Abra. I banked almost all my mons, and I filled up 25 boxes with eggs. This morning I hatched my last egg, and with no luck.. I have the Shiny Charm and I use the Masuda Method. I'm not really familiar with TSV.

Only a few times have I ever managed purposely hatching a shiny using this method.
Magikarp at 93 eggs
Chinchou at 341 eggs
Kabuto at 277 eggs

Guess I'm going to continue with the Abra. Wish me luck *__*
For new breeder i recommend you not going with HA pokemon right off a bat. Abra have three differ abilities so the change to get the HA one is small and it might break your courage if it not turn out the way you like. Try pokemon without HA instead

I bred m shiny Phanpy!. I don't know what is going on with my IV's though. Every time for the past 3 shinies its been the same 31/31/31/31/31/?. I cant get the speed IV even though both of the pokemon are 6iv. I think the game is trying to force me into a trick room team.

Anyways, here is my Batch count.
Batch 1: 241 of 300.

I bred m shiny Phanpy!. I don't know what is going on with my IV's though. Every time for the past 3 shinies its been the same 31/31/31/31/31/?. I cant get the speed IV even though both of the pokemon are 6iv. I think the game is trying to force me into a trick room team.

Anyways, here is my Batch count.
Batch 1: 241 of 300.
It's the same chance for each IV spread. 6iv parents had nothing to do with it. You're a bit unlucky though but i think Donphan will not need the speed most so it better that way than imperfect hp, atk, def or sp.def
Anyway you should write in your total eggs hatched and total shiny hatched so we can get the shiny rate for MM+SC. It's the purpose of this thread

Here is my breakdown thus far with Masuda Method
(2)
Batch 1: 278 of 300
Batch 2: 0 of 300
Batch 3: 0 of 300
Batch 4: 276 of 300
(3)
Batch 1: 146 & 194 of 300
Batch 2: 10 of 300
(1)
Batch 1: 215 of 300
(1)
Batch 1: 4 of 300
(1)
Batch 1: 0 of 300
Batch 2: 146 of 300
(1)
Batch 3: 0 of 300
Batch 4: 0 of 300
Batch 5: 0 of 300
Batch 6: 82 of 300
(1)
Batch 1: 14 of 300
(1)
Batch 3: 299 of 300
(1)
Batch 2: 75 of 300
(1)
Batch 1: 241 of 300
(3)
Batch 1: 172, 207, 221 of 300
(1)
Batch 1: 60 of 300

7800 eggs. 17 Shines. Avr= 458.82 eggs per shinies

Last edited:
(3)
5/9/15: Well, I got a Snivy, but it's overgrow, so I gotta try again
Batch 1: 172 of 300

edit 5/10/15:
So i reported in to soon because I was still hatching the 300 eggs when i reported my Snivy.
I got 2 more shinies from the same 300 batch!!! One was Overgrow again, but the 3rd one is Contrary! 31/31/31/31/16/31. Not perfect the way the IVs came out, but SATK and Speed came out perfect so I am happy.
For all the Wheel of time fans out there, I named it Car'a'Carn.

Batch 1: 172, 207, 221 of 300. (Note. I am still hatching so if another one comes out I will let you know.)

Last edited:
I'm done with my 300 Froakies now. After about 30 eggs I decided to change tactics. I wanted to get a jolly instead of a timid nature. Got one shiny at the end after about 290 eggs. Sadly it did not get the Protean Ability and not 31 IV in speed. I was not as lucky as with my Porygon :P

I'm going to try another 300 to see if I can get the hidden ability.

Total eggs hatched: 1200
Number of shinies: 2

So I decided to go for a shiny Ralts... Was goin for a female mega, so breeding modest... Got a male.
Continuing until I get one, but that kinda stinks.

Batch 1: 60 of 300.
Batch 2: 0 of 300.
Batch 3: 0 of 300.
Batch 4: 0 of 300.
Batch 5: 0 of 300
Batch 6: 0 of 300

Last edited:
Getting two shiny today: Electrike and Solosis
That's quite lucky but i haven't found anything over the whole week before
Shiny Solosis sure hard to spot
Will update the eggs later
Funny they have the same iv
Electrike : 31/31/21/31/31/31
Solosis : 31/31/31/21/31/31 - well not perfect sp.atk but still not bad. After all he using the Calm Mind set so it not really hurt much

Last edited:
Hello guys, i Havent posted here in forever but i have gotten so many shinies lately. Just yesterday i got 4 shinies in 1 day using masuda method.
The total egg count i bred that specific day was 275 Eggs.
Sableye came at egg 73,
Totodile at egg 38,
Joltik at egg 94 and
Omanyte at egg 64
However the total egg count for the whole journey (meaning before i got he first shiny that day till the last shiny) was 1775 eggs.
I was so fortunate yesterday (youtube: thepokerus) I upload the videos to youtube for entertainment and as proof. Please watch and subscribed if you like.

I'm done with my 300 Froakies now. After about 30 eggs I decided to change tactics. I wanted to get a jolly instead of a timid nature. Got one shiny at the end after about 290 eggs. Sadly it did not get the Protean Ability and not 31 IV in speed. I was not as lucky as with my Porygon :P

I'm going to try another 300 to see if I can get the hidden ability.

Total eggs hatched: 1200
Number of shinies: 2
I really recommend you go for naive or hasty, you can run him special, physical or hybrid.

Hi, noob who wants to get into shiny breeding here..
Has this thread provided conclusive evidence that the shiny charm boosts your shiny hatching rates or not? I want to know if it's worth it to start the looong process of completing the Dex..

(Shameless self promotion, if anyone wants to help me out with my Dex or has advice it is very welcome, I've played Pokemon for years but never got into breeding or battling until now)

Has this thread provided conclusive evidence that the shiny charm boosts your shiny hatching rates or not?
Normal shiny rate average for Masuda Method without shiny rate in known from Pokemon directly as a 1 in 1097 (around there). The spreadsheet at the beginning of this forum (page 1) shows about 400k eggs bred with the shiny charm and the average is about 1 in 500. My personal average is around 1 in 450.
That being said, 1 run for a Chespin took almost 1600 eggs.
My Snivy batch got 3 in 300. It all evens out though.

Has this thread provided conclusive evidence that the shiny charm boosts your shiny hatching rates or not? I want to know if it's worth it to start the looong process of completing the Dex..

(Shameless self promotion, if anyone wants to help me out with my Dex or has advice it is very welcome, I've played Pokemon for years but never got into breeding or battling until now)
It is no proof yet. This thread is for researching that rate,
I think i'm the one hatching the most eggs here (near 60000 eggs now) but my rate is far from good - 1/570

It is no proof yet. This thread is for researching that rate,
I think i'm the one hatching the most eggs here (near 60000 eggs now) but my rate is far from good - 1/570
1 in 570 is 1/2 the average without a shiny charm though. Without Gamefreak specifically saying it though, this is as close to proof as anyone could hope for.

Thank you for the replies! Looks like I won't be contributing for quite some time, but I'll be lurking here using everyone's hard work as motivation to keep going until I have that charm. ^_^ Keep up the good work everyone!!

Just finished the Frokie batch. Got a shiny after 253 eggs. This time with the hidden ability and the 5 IVs I wanted!

Total eggs: 1500
Number of shinies: 3

1 in 500. Not bad!

Eggs hatched: 61900 eggs
Shinies hatched: 107
Personal rate: ~1/579
Latest member: Tentacool - 31/31/31/31/17/31
Look like this is a final shiny i hatch. I have enough shiny to fill three box plus two team in the battle box and normal party. It's so much that i never though i have archive such a feat in the beginning. More importantly i now lacking time and don't have any pokemon i wish to get shiny more. So let's say a good bye here.
For anyone who still going shiny hunt in this thread, my best luck for you. Hope you find what you seek soon

It's been a while, but I've gotten back to shiny hunting and have a quick update:

Japanese Froakie/English Froakie
1.4: 0/150
Japanese Ditto/English Honedge
1.5: 1/150
Japanese Ditto/English Phantump
1.6: 0/150

Total: 1/525 (2/1050)

I'm new to this page and I have a quick question (Sorry if this has been answered a thousand times). Are we allowed to submit eggs we have already hatched? I have had the shiny charm throughout the entire hatching process and have kept a detailed record of the number of eggs, number of shinies, and many other things for my own benefit. Am I allowed to submit my eggs? Thanks and sorry again if this has already been answered many times

I'm new to this page and I have a quick question (Sorry if this has been answered a thousand times). Are we allowed to submit eggs we have already hatched? I have had the shiny charm throughout the entire hatching process and have kept a detailed record of the number of eggs, number of shinies, and many other things for my own benefit. Am I allowed to submit my eggs? Thanks and sorry again if this has already been answered many times
Of course. I don't think you can get any data if you haven't hatched any eggs so your "already hatched" eggs is perfectly fine

Hello :). I got my shiny charm a few days ago so I felt like helping though it's mostly because I'm gonna have nothing to do over summer break lol. I'm gonna pledge 300 eggs and I'll update once I reach that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)