My DS and Pokemon games were stolen.

New here and not sure if this is the right place, so apologies if not. Long story short, like it says, my stuff was stolen. I'm not gong to be able to afford to replace them anytime soon, but one of the biggest things that bothers me is the fact that I had some limited time event pokemon/shinies that are just gone now.

Not the biggest loss one can deal with, I know, but if anyone has dealt with something like this before, I'd really like some advice on just accepting my losses and dealing with it.

Please, please don't troll or start flaming here, I really don't want to deal with that right now. If this is not the medium for a post like this I apologize and just lmk I'll move on elsewhere.

Holiday

on my best behavior
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I mean, how relevant it is to this thread is debatable, but you're in good company. My dog ate my copy of OR so it kinda sucked. Best advice I can give you is to just learn to live without it. My life has actually improved bc of it (outside more, healthier, more socializing.) you'll begin to realize it was really just a game.

As for the DS, that actually blows. If you're financially able, the only thing you can do is buy a new one and start all that crap over. No other option other than to track your own one down. Best of luck to you my friend.

It does suck, waaay back in the day I lost my original Blue cart which had my original Mew I got from a special Nintendo event along with the Pokemon I had used to compete and win at it.

I dunno, I guess the best advice I can give is these days that in the end, it's nothing but 1s and 0s that can easily be recreated with other devices.

The DS loss is worse since those actually cost. I guess if you wanna look at it as a glass half full way, if you had an older one, good excuse to buy a New 3DS?

Camden

Hey, it's me!
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
My Wii U was stolen from me last year. Someone broke into my apartment while I was in class and it was gone when I got home. They also took my 3DS games, my large backpack, and possibly my passport. I filed a police report and everything, but the most they were able to do was have the guy's prints entered into the system. It really sucked not having them any more. I guess I'm lucky they didn't take more of my stuff, but it was still shitty.

My advice to you is to check around some local pawn shops and see if you can find anything that resembles what they stole from you. Also, if you have a Gamestop near you, you can ask them if someone recently turned in a 3DS matching your description.

Sorry for your loss, though. I hope you can eventually replace everything.

Thank you all for the replies. I called a game place near me, they said they needed a police report to divulge info, understandable. I'll see where that gets me. Worst case scenario, I just get a New DS eventually and replace the games, maybe use those hacks or whatever just to replace what was lost to me.

Again though, thank you all for the support, I just needed that. I have emotional issues sometimes and stuff like this just completely shakes me.

Asek

Banned deucer.
Coming from someone who was boiling with rage for an hour because the lunch i spent 30 minutes preparing the night before got stolen from my school locker take this with a grain of salt.

Not sure what the circumstances behind the theft were, but much better to have something like a ds stolen so you can learn from the experience and take precautions to make sure such things dont happen again, then to go without such a lesson and have something major like your car or jewellery robbed in the future. Got robbed a couple years back and its a shitty feeling, but life goes on and my folks learnt from it

In the short term dont sweat it too much. Although you cant replace the pokemon that were on that cartridge, life goes on and acquiring them again through trading is a possibility. Im sure in the not too distant future youll have the finance to purchase a new ds and cartridges, so think long term and dont get too hooked up over it.

OLD GREGG (im back baby)

old gregg for life
Theft is shitty. I know from personal experience that it blows when you go to play your games and they just aren't there anymore. The best thing to remember is that having easily replaceable electronics stolen is far better than losing something that isn't as easily replaced. Stuff with sentimental value, old pictures, letters, etc... Those are personal possessions that you cannot jump online or go to a store and replace with a handful of cash. Be glad that your games are all the thief got.

Last edited:

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
It has been months and I still can't find my Pokemon X. I have no idea where I put it. The box is in my drawers but the copy isn't in the box.
I just think I'll eventually get over it.
I can always ask my friends to donate high IV Pokemons, they have a ton of them anyway.

I still think it's possible to trade those event Pokemon.

Replaying the games usually take way less time than you first played it.

My Pikachu/Pichu Edition Gameboy Color and Crystal Version were once stolen by some bullies at school (I couldn't prove it was them, but I just knew it was them, because of the way they smiled when I accused them).
I was happy to say goodbye to that accursed school and those stupid bullies.
Fortunately, a gardener later found it hidden behind a bush, of all places. In the end though, the battery for Crystal eventually died, but at the GBC is still in working order.

Sorry for sir's loss :(

My friend had his 3DS stolen a couple months ago. The thief took his 3DS and anything that goes with it (games, case, spare styluses, cartridge case). Looks like some bankrupt 3DS fan did it :P

So, yeah. Hope you find it :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)