Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

I have Metang appearing in my Safari Zone on SoulSilver, I have a strong idea which seed I need to hit to get it. The question is whether or not changing the clock on my DS will reset the 30 day time requirement? (i.e. missing the seed or whatnot) Or does Metang stay there until the required blocks are removed?
If you have it unlocked, changing the date should not affect anything. As far as I know, changing the date only resets the clock if you're still waiting for the blocks to level up to unlock a Pokémon.

So eh, I can hit my delay in Pokemon HeartGold just fine, but no matter what I do, my timer is always 1 second off. Target is 2.58.30 but I hit 2.59.29 EVERY TIME. I'm not even joking. I tried to fiddle around with the seconds in EonTimer and with my calibrated Sec and stuff like that, but it's just not working (setting those to something else just makes me not hit my delay at all and I can't find what I hit)...

I have a 4th gen RNG question for HeartGold and SoulSilver. I want to catch a certain natured, shiny, flawless, stationary pokemon but can't generate any seeds. Is SID and TID manipulation always required to catch a shiny, flawless pokemon?

.com

Grumpy old man
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I have a 4th gen RNG question for HeartGold and SoulSilver. I want to catch a certain natured, shiny, flawless, stationary pokemon but can't generate any seeds. Is SID and TID manipulation always required to catch a shiny, flawless pokemon?
While, in the very strictest sense, it isn't required; you would have to be unholy levels of lucky to get a flawless spread without it. (For some given spread [as long as it exists], about 8 in 4 billion.)

shiny finder

forever searching
is a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Chatot Wrangler
So eh, I can hit my delay in Pokemon HeartGold just fine, but no matter what I do, my timer is always 1 second off. Target is 2.58.30 but I hit 2.59.29 EVERY TIME. I'm not even joking. I tried to fiddle around with the seconds in EonTimer and with my calibrated Sec and stuff like that, but it's just not working (setting those to something else just makes me not hit my delay at all and I can't find what I hit)...
I know you said you tried messing with your timers, but did you try manually increasing the first timer by 1 second? Not sure if that's doable in the EonTimer (should be) since I use PikaTimer still, but that helps me. It shouldn't mess with your delay since that's essentially determined by the second timer.

.com

Grumpy old man
When I use 4th generation timefinder method 1 to find the seed for 31/31/31/31/31/0 I always get a bold or naive nature. Is there anyway around this?
In Generation 4 (and before) the IVs are tied to the Nature (come from subsequent RNG calls). So no, there's nothing you can do to change that except search for different IVs or try egg RNG abuse to breed the Pokémon (doing this can give you any IV spread).

I have a concern. In my HGSS I just TID/SID manipulated a TID/SID of 30114/19000 which corresponds to a 31/31/31/31/31/4 brave spread with seed 31150E8F. Though, when I use 4th generation time finder using this spread I get no shiny results. Do I just assume that all pokemon I encounter with this spread will be shiny? Will synchronize with brave nature also generate a shiny pokemon? For TID/SID manipulation you use method 1 but in wild pokemon encounters you use method K, does this distinction affect anything?

.com

Grumpy old man
I have a concern. In my HGSS I just TID/SID manipulated a TID/SID of 30114/19000 which corresponds to a 31/31/31/31/31/4 brave spread with seed 31150E8F. Though, when I use 4th generation time finder using this spread I get no shiny results. Do I just assume that all pokemon I encounter with this spread will be shiny? Will synchronize with brave nature also generate a shiny pokemon? For TID/SID manipulation you use method 1 but in wild pokemon encounters you use method K, does this distinction affect anything?
How did you calculate the TID/SID would give those as shiny.
The PID for the spread you mention is b46aec41.
Using Gen 6 terms: the SV is 2821, and your TSV is 2035. Pokémon from that spread won't be shiny.

Synchronise would generate a shiny (it [usually] makes the same spread appear on multiple frames, allowing for different encounter slots, etc. to be used from the same spread).

Method K spreads are Method 1 spreads; Method 1 spreads aren't necessarily Method K. So long as you check that the spread you're going for is also a Method K spread, you should be fine.

How did you calculate the TID/SID would give those as shiny.
The PID for the spread you mention is b46aec41.
I messed up I copied the seed into pandora's box instead of the PID which is B46AEC41. XD

One more question, how does the occidentary differ from the frame? Becuase the 4th generation time finder lists the shiny frame as 266 but RNG reporter lists the shiny frame as 244 or 262 with both occidentary as 266.

Last edited:

shiny finder

forever searching
is a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Chatot Wrangler
One more question, how does the occidentary differ from the frame? Becuase the 4th generation time finder lists the shiny frame as 266 but RNG reporter lists the shiny frame as 244 or 262 with both occidentary as 266.
From what I've gathered online, the occidentary in this case indicates:

1) The frame which has the same PID/IVs as your target Pokemon if it was generated as Method 1 (perhaps indicating the Method 1 frame that the Method K frame draws its PID/IVs from?). This would explain why 244 and 262 have the same Occidentay.

2) The frame you will be on after you fight a Pokemon on the current frame (i.e. Fighting the Pokemon on frame 244 will land you on frame 266 after the battle). The guide for RNGing in the Great Marsh indicates that it is the Occidentary+6 frame after the battle, but I'm not sure if that offset applies elsewhere.

I have a quick question about the Trophy Garden. If I encounter my first trophy garden Pokemon (ex. Porygon), I know that is Slot 6. Since it is my first Trophy Garden Pokemon, does Porygon also use Slot 7 or what Pokemon goes there?

shiny finder

forever searching
Chatot Wrangler
I have a quick question about the Trophy Garden. If I encounter my first trophy garden Pokemon (ex. Porygon), I know that is Slot 6. Since it is my first Trophy Garden Pokemon, does Porygon also use Slot 7 or what Pokemon goes there?
Since the encounter slots list Pokemon in every slot, it seems as if the daily Pokemon "overwrite" slots 6 and 7. Since you don't have a "yesterday" Pokemon, it should be the default (Pichu). It is impossible to get the same species in both slots, as quoted from the DPPt tips and tricks.

I'm doing some more HGSS RNG and it has all been going swimmingly until this wall I've ran into. I've decided to RNG around a Bold/Timid 31/31/31/30/31/31 pair spread using method 1. The Seed and PID for the bold/timid pair are,
Seeds: 730004C2/F30004C2
PID: 4167FE3A/C1677E3A, scheme (bold/timid).

The TID/SID I have chosen for the pair is 11982/37264.

When I use the bold seed, method K, and encounter type stationary pokemon in RNG reporter I get the result on frame 22. The problem is that when I use the timid seed I'm unable to find any frame for a shiny Timid 31/31/31/30/31/31 pokemon.

Am I doing anything obviously wrong?

An observation I've just made is that if I use method 1 in rng reporter I'm able to get both results, so I'll probably just use that.

Last edited:
On the second seed, using a Synchroniser means that frames 14,16,18,20 and 22 give those IVs + Timid for Stationary encounters.

Edit: Using Method 1 won't work, except for for those Pokémon which are generated by Method 1 (gift Pokémon/Roamers).
How did you know sychronization was need?

Thanks for all the help btw :)

On another note, now I'm trying to get a 30/31/30/30/31/31, shiny, hp grass, timid, spread using TID/SID 56128/01600 and the seed 1714071C and facing the same problem that the rng reporter is not finding results for this spread even when I try synchronize. I shows the result when I method 1 but the pokemon I want to catch is a stationary method K pokemon.

Method K spreads are Method 1 spreads; Method 1 spreads aren't necessarily Method K. So long as you check that the spread you're going for is also a Method K spread, you should be fine.
Is this the case?

Last edited:
Sorry for double posting, I'll accept my punishment later. I've been trying to rng the gift, movie nine arceus in HGSS and would like to explain my result. I am using the seed F30004C2, my TID/SID is
47848/37317 and method 1. I aimed for the 31/31/31/30/31/31 spread and eventually hit it but instead of getting a timid arceus's nature I got adamant. Also it seemed the frame I actually hit is the frame before the frame I end on. Does anyone have any ideas what is happening?

Last edited:

.com

Grumpy old man
~Shiny Snip~
That spread is not a Method K one (just Method 1). And again, that TID and SID don't make that spread shiny. I'm not sure how you're calculating these, but the method you're using seems to be wrong (could you link to the guide you're using?).

On that note, you're RNG abusing these TIDs and SIDs very quickly. Maybe slow down, do one, complete the game on that save, collect a few Pokémon you want from it, etc. It seems like you might be biting off more than you can chew at the moment.
~Wondercard Snip~
From the guide.
The guide said:
The most painful part of this process is getting the correct nature. Whether you get it or not will come down to luck. Unlike other methods of RNG manipulation there is no known way to reliably control what nature you'll get without cheating, so it comes down to perseverance.

Last edited:
That spread is not a Method K one (just Method 1). And again, that TID and SID don't make that spread shiny. I'm not sure how you're calculating these, but the method you're using seems to be wrong (could you link to the guide you're using?).
I should have been more specific in my earlier post but I'm not looking for a shiny arceus but just a timid 31/31/31/30/31/31 one which should be generated from the seed F30004C2 frame 31 with method 1. Also I've just realized that my TID/SID was a typo from my earlier post when it is 47848/37317 (just edited the post), but I don't think this matters because I'm not looking for a shiny arceus.

My really concern is that when I used method 1 the 31/31/31/30/31/31 arceus I got was adamant instead of timid. It was also the case that the spread I received would be the frame before the frame I ended on. For example, I ended on frame 32 to get the 31/31/31/30/31/31 arceus.

This is the guide I've been using http://www.smogon.com/ingame/rng/dpphgss_rng_part2#stepfour

To summarize my rng so far is that it is going very well. I've got shiny and good iv articuno, moltres, entei, suicune, dialga, palkia, giratina, latios, lugia, mewtwo, and groudon.

.com

Grumpy old man
There's a separate IV generation method for Wondercards (the link to that part of the guide is in my last post). I'm not 100% sure on the specifics, but if using "Wondercard" as the IV generation method, it's quite likely that the results you got were in fact on the expected frame (just not the Method 1 frame).

Natures can't be controlled for wondercards either I'm afraid, the IVs will be as expected but for natures you just have to keep trying and wait until you get lucky (they are not determined by one of the typical RNGs).

Hi. I only recently got into RNGing in Gen4, and I get that you need a special ID for the Shiny Charm Glitch, so I just used the 20101/20101 combination. It works, but I also want a ID/SID combination for a female cute charmer. I'm also on a Mac, so I cannot use any of the programs that I need. I just need the ID for a female cute charmer for 50% M target. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

.com

Grumpy old man
You didn't specify a nature (I assume you've looked at the Cute Charm RNG abuse, and know that the natures come in blocks of {8,8,8,1}).

So here's a TID/SID set for each (I chose the most interesting [to me] numbers out of a selection of ~1000 for each with reasonable delays)
Natures:
  • Hardy
  • Lonely
  • Brave
  • Adamant
  • Naughty
  • Bold
  • Docile
  • Relaxed
TID/SID:
  • 00900 / 00787
Natures:
  • Impish
  • Lax
  • Timid
  • Hasty
  • Serious
  • Jolly
  • Naive
  • Modest
TID/SID:
  • 49999 / 50131
Natures:
  • Mild
  • Quiet
  • Bashful
  • Rash
  • Calm
  • Gentle
  • Sassy
  • Careful
TID/SID:
  • 00001 / 00165
Nature:
  • Quirky
TID/SID:
  • 09990 / 10159
Note: These were found using a Mac; you can just search using the PID listed in the Cute Charm RNG Abuse Guide.

You didn't specify a nature (I assume you've looked at the Cute Charm RNG abuse, and know that the natures come in blocks of {8,8,8,1}).

So here's a TID/SID set for each (I chose the most interesting [to me] numbers out of a selection of ~1000 for each with reasonable delays)
Natures:
  • Hardy
  • Lonely
  • Brave
  • Adamant
  • Naughty
  • Bold
  • Docile
  • Relaxed
TID/SID:
  • 00900 / 00787
Natures:
  • Impish
  • Lax
  • Timid
  • Hasty
  • Serious
  • Jolly
  • Naive
  • Modest
TID/SID:
  • 49999 / 50131
Natures:
  • Mild
  • Quiet
  • Bashful
  • Rash
  • Calm
  • Gentle
  • Sassy
  • Careful
TID/SID:
  • 00001 / 00165
Nature:
  • Quirky
TID/SID:
  • 09990 / 10159
Note: These were found using a Mac; you can just search using the PID listed in the Cute Charm RNG Abuse Guide.
Thank you so much

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 11)